• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Honestly, this is great to see. OG Japanese Silent Hill 2 devs praising the remake devs.

I dont know if lumen was necessary to get that kind of indirect lighting right, but im sure it helped. Hardware Lumen makes it look even better on PC. Hoping PS5 Pro uses that in at least the quality mode so console peeps can enjoy it too.

First Game Science, now Bloober. This year has been full of surprises. I legit thought Black Myth was vaporware, and bloober's Medium was pretty fucking bad too. Crazy times we live in. Both games are legit great games to play unlike avatar, starfield, outlaws and hellblade 2 which makes their graphics accomplishment so much more easier to enjoy.

Umm, that screenshot doesn't look great at all from a GI perspective.

DanielG165

Why cant we just have a fully living breathing simulation where these things happen organically. Maybe its too hard to design a game around this but I just wish some dev just said fuck it and set all sliders to maximum. Create a mod called Chaos and let us live in that insane world filled with crime, bad drivers, and aggressive NPCs.
I would assume because the resource and budget allocation for such would be enormous, not to mention the manpower needed to accomplish such a task. You would also need damn good hardware to properly bring that to life. It’s why we’ve only seen what you’re wishing for marketed in GTA 6, because of how massive Rockstar is as an entity, and how much money, time, resources, and manpower they have to throw around. Plus, they’re some of the best in the business to utilize the hardware available as efficiently as possible and squeeze every last drop out of it, the One X and PC versions of RDR2 being a prime example.

GTA 6 will be that living breathing world fully realized, hopefully.

Top Bottom