• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRW810

Into the Bunker is brilliant. For a children's show the writing is very mature. The bra mention surprised me, it was so casual. The relationship talk between Dipper and Wendy was very well done. Loved the callbacks to the previous episode and Bottomless Pit.

just caught up with the show. Love God was ok as an episode and the ending is ok, at least everybody is somewhat happy again.

Part of me is glad they didn't immediately introduce a new character to be Dipper's new crush. I've been dreading them pairing him off with somebody new or the rich girl.

GRW810

Oh my life, The Golf War is sublime. One of my favourite episodes of the whole show. The bit with the miners was excellent.

Just looked up the episode guide on Wikipedia and I'm worried. The first season was getting 3-4m viewers, whereas some S2 episodes are getting less than 1m. What's the story there? Also, the last new episode aired in November. When does the season resume?

NEO0MJ

Just looked up the episode guide on Wikipedia and I'm worried. The first season was getting 3-4m viewers, whereas some S2 episodes are getting less than 1m. What's the story there? Also, the last new episode aired in November. When does the season resume?

The terrible airing schedule in comparison to the first season probably hurts it a lot.
As for the next episode, it was supposed to come out this month but no news on it yet.

GRW810

The terrible airing schedule in comparison to the first season probably hurts it a lot.
As for the next episode, it was supposed to come out this month but no news on it yet.
Seriously what is it with Disney's scheduling? It's absolutely awful. Nine new episodes in nearly two years, or whatever it's been. Weeks and months between episodes. How do they expect any show to thrive?

Hamlet

Alex Hirsch: "Hey uh, when is Gravity Falls coming back? What's the deal?” Soon! I'm not allowed to give dates until Diz announces officially tho

Oh my life, The Golf War is sublime. One of my favourite episodes of the whole show. The bit with the miners was excellent.

New episodes air on Disney XD first now, which are why the numbers are lower. Still apparently they are pretty good numbers for Disney XD.
The schedule is really no different to the one from Season 1. Hopefully the midseason break doesn't last almost five months like the one during season 1 though.

UberTag

Seriously what is it with Disney's scheduling? It's absolutely awful. Nine new episodes in nearly two years, or whatever it's been. Weeks and months between episodes. How do they expect any show to thrive?
Perhaps they're intentionally trying to kill it for some reason. They're doing a pretty good job of it.

NEO0MJ

The schedule is really no different to the one from Season 1. Hopefully the midseason break doesn't last almost five months like the one during season 1 though.

I remember Season 1 being better, but maybe that's because I was late to the party and so watched most without delay.

Hamlet

I remember Season 1 being better, but maybe that's because I was late to the party and so watched most without delay.

Season 1 and 2 have had a pretty similar schedule of around 2-3 new episodes a month. Just the Disney way as they apparently like to schedule their episodes around events.
Lets just hope the midseason break this time around isn't as long as the Season 1 was.

So, another thing to add to the "what the fuck" pile:

RTQoXgk.jpg

So, the newest "Batman Eternal" (#41) has the Red Hood shooting Dipper and Mabel look alikes with rubber bullets

Wonder what Hirsch's response will be?
Wendy sucker-punching Harley Quinn?

Psxphile

Looks like Disney XD will be airing a new episode February 16th.

Gravity Falls on Disney XD
Mon Feb 16 - 8:00 - 110 - Northwest Mansion Noir

Source

Unfortunately, it appears to be the only new episode airing that month. smh

Looks like Disney XD will be airing a new episode February 16th.

Source

Unfortunately, it appears to be the only new episode airing that month. smh

A bit more info; supposedly this was the "secret" clip Hirsch showed at his last appearance:

MysteryofGravityFalls said:
It would seem that the next episode of Gravity Falls has finally been announced! Exactly one month from now, on February 16th, the next episode, Northwest Manor Noir, will be airing. A clip of this episode was apparently shown off at the CTN panel a couple months back. An attendee recounted the clip in the following message:

Pacifica invites Dipper over to her mansion in order to get rid of a ghost, otherwise the Northwest reputation would be ruined. Even though she “hates him and doesn’t want to be in the same room with him for 2 minutes”.
Dipper is thinking he’s all awesome and “yeah I dealt with these ghosts in a convenience store once and anything Mabel told you about that is a dirty lie”.
But then everything starts getting out of control, there are animal heads on the walls that start oozing blood, and Dipper says “Well, it couldn’t get any worse.”
Then the ghost comes out of the fireplace (he’s like a big lumberjack sort of ghost, with fire for a beard and an axe) and they hide, Pacifica is trying to get Dipper to do his “nerd thing” and get rid of it, but the only tip the Journal has is “Beg for mercy”. The ghost finds them and then the clip ends

Hmm...

Lumberjack ghost, eh? Wonder if related to Wendy?
Dipper and Pacifica all alone, in a haunted mansion, a few days after Valentine's?! Man, you guys are a bunch of jinxes!
3. I can only hope that Dipper presents the story a la a cheesy Film Noir style (e.g. Adventure Time's "BMO Noir...")
4. Then, where the hell is that Gideon episode? What have all the creepy teasers been for?

Also, these guys finally came out:

tumblr_nhxd93K2iJ1sbotlno1_1280.jpg

Limited to 1000 pieces and only available at Disney World/Disneyland. (Saw a few on ebay for little markup (5/10 dollar difference))

Hamlet

Toxi

Banned

RTQoXgk.jpg

So, the newest "Batman Eternal" (#41) has the Red Hood shooting Dipper and Mabel look alikes with rubber bullets

what the fuck

I'm wondering if the artist somehow thought this was flattering.

A bit more info; supposedly this was the "secret" clip Hirsch showed at his last appearance:

Hmm...

Lumberjack ghost, eh? Wonder if related to Wendy?
Dipper and Pacifica all alone, in a haunted mansion, a few days after Valentine's?! Man, you guys are a bunch of jinxes!
3. I can only hope that Dipper presents the story a la a cheesy Film Noir style (e.g. Adventure Time's "BMO Noir...")
4. Then, where the hell is that Gideon episode? What have all the creepy teasers been for?

Also, these guys finally came out:

tumblr_nhxd93K2iJ1sbotlno1_1280.jpg

Limited to 1000 pieces and only available at Disney World/Disneyland. (Saw a few on ebay for little markup (5/10 dollar difference))
Fuck me I jinxed it lol

Chariot

RTQoXgk.jpg

lmao. That's a bit rude of a cameo, but I laughed.

munchie64

RTQoXgk.jpg

I dunno, I find that kind of hilarious.

Psxphile

Promo pic:
tumblr_njj4y7XDUl1sm496io1_540.png

Link

YOU’RE INVITED TO THE MANSION!

So yeah, new GF on Monday and it’s a doozy. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the season. To everyone who has held out for this long: it means so much to us and thank you for your continued support!

Amazing board team for this one including Alonso Ramirez Ramos, Vaughn Tada, Emmy C, and Luke Weber!

Oh man. After rewatching Season 1 and the recent episodes, I've gotten really hyped for this episode. I'm guessing Pacifica is getting more character development and her family may possibly reveal a secret?

Hamlet

I burst out laughing this ship is going to be entertaining as all hell when they show it's just the creators trolling........

right?
I don't know what to believe in anymore after what happened with Korra.
Heh at Alex's response to the recent shipping wars.

Found some cool stuff on Tumblr recently, sharing here:

http://modmad.tumblr.com/post/110571478730/halfys-classykatelyn-cherryviolets-oh-my-gosh

I forget this person's actual title (storyboard artist?), but they do help work on the show so not sure if the content here may be spoiler-ish:
http://emmyc.tumblr.com/post/110672744771/gravity-falls-northwest-manor-mystery-airs-feb
Those are pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom