• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest debut albums

Frillen

D0qnQpQ.jpg

Right there with you.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Some more

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk
Mastodon - Remission
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Talking Heads - 77
The Cars - s/t
QOTSA - s/t
Godspeed You Black Emperor - F# A# (Infinity)
Savages - Silence Yourself

Zenner

Rage Against the Machine - spoilered just in case a dude going up in flames after dousing himself in gasoline is a little NSFW for some.

AXndbCK.png

Unbelievable album. :eek:

Edit: was beaten, anyway.

is it really that hard to type the fucking name of the artist and album if its not written on the cover ?

anyway

sad wings of destiny - Judas priest
since i left you - avalanches

MrS

Banned
This record ages like fine wine. I'm seeing them in Sept and they're playing an anniversary concert of this. I am EXTREMELY excited for it.
Same! Getting pretty hyped because it's coming around fast, right?

Another (relatively) recent favourite of mine that I haven't seen posted yet:

R.E.M. - Murmur
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Coldplay - Parachutes
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

My picks from my own collection.

I'm still sad Bloc Party never came close to repeating the success of that first album.

MrS

Banned
I'm still sad Bloc Party never came close to repeating the success of that first album.
That mini renaissance of British indie rock was wonderful for the 2 years it lasted though, right? Some cracking albums came out of it.

DOWN

Banned
Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 had some killer successful singles for alternative. Then they became Adam Levine and the mic stands.

Is This It by the Strokes and Weezer are two perfect albums that single handedly influenced rock that would follow. They also happen to be some of my favorites.

Kevtones

Records that haven't been said yet:

Clinic - Internal Wrangler
Todd Terje - Its Album Time
Betaband - The Three EPs (this counts right?)

Same! Getting pretty hyped because it's coming around fast, right?

Funny part is I forgot Deerhunter and Battles are opening. The former was my favorite band for about 5 years lol.

Quikies83

Interpol
Black Sabbath
Bloc Party
REM
Deftones

Lots of Weezer mentions. Personally, I think Pinkerton is their undisputed masterpiece!

Genre may not be everyone's cup of tea but this is some good shit. Deja and Devil & God overshadow it though.

brand-new-your-favorite-weapon-album-art.jpg

I love Brand New, and even enjoyed that album at the time, but all of their albums overshadow that one. They've come a LONG way since that album.

Top Bottom