• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID 2 |OT?| Lots of Pre order bonuses!

Addnan

Hc4m9T3l.jpg

WS2sB8ql.jpg

Oh and random GIF

untitled-19tq73.gif

Gameplay trailer

Platform: PC/PS3/360
Release date: Out now in NA
UK: 31st May

Pre order stuff!

McLaren Racing Pack
Head Start Pack
Indycar Pack
GTR Racing Pack

Track list
America:
Indianapolis
California
Miami
Chicago

Europe:
Brands Hatch, UK
Algarve, Portugal
Barcelona
Red Bull Ring
Paris, France
Cote d'Azur, France

Asia:
Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
Okutama, Japan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hong Kong, China

All tracks have different layouts for each. Some are DLC. More in link. http://community.codemasters.com/t5/Codies-Blog/GRID-2-Track-List/ba-p/248412

Cars
Lots of variations of cars, from boring American muscle cars to beautiful European cars! Too many too list, but it varies from the high end to small hot hatches.

LIVE ROUTES!

new system which gives players unpredictable, dynamically changing routes through our city environments which adds a new way to experience racing

The game has splitscreen on PC and Console!

Reviews

Eurogamer :7
EDGE: 9
CVG: 7
Videogamer: 8
Xbox360a: 9

icA5R8Yf4hdDM.png

No one seems to want to make and OT, so ignore how rough it looks.

Hasney

I'll wait to see if they add in the destruction derby races from DRiD 1 as DLC before I buy. It was the only thing that kept me coming back and no-one appreciates it when I crash into people on a supercar race.

Other than that, looks great on PC.

Addnan

For what its worth, ignoring the obvious flaws (cockpit view, day 1 DLC) the actual driving is excellent for what it is trying to be, an arcade racer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wow this seems like something every racing game should have. Does Grid 2 not have it?

yeah, Sadly Grid 2 don't have cockpit view, which is ridiculous because it's made by Codemasters (mostly a racing games studio now) and they should know better that cockpit view is a standard now in racing games.

Nebula

yeah, Sadly Grid 2 don't have cockpit view, which is ridiculous because it's made by Codemasters (mostly a racing games studio now) and they should know better that cockpit view is a standard now in racing games.

Well that's disappointing. I always drive in cockpit view. Guess I'll pick this up when the price drops so I don't lose out on as much if I don't like not having the cockpit view.

Sethos

Banned
I was like "Awww hell no I ain't buying that" ... Then I realized how much I loved DiRT 2 and wanted to throw money at them. Lil' screenshot.

1ciq5a.png

Game's quite alright so far.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The first one really impressed me as an arcade sim. Very exciting balls-to-the-wall action and reminded me of how much I thoroughly enjoyed the original TOCA 2 on the PSone.

Not sure if I will pick this up on release though. Haven't bought a new retail game since Most Wanted last year due to financial woes. The Last of Us will change that though. :D

Sethos

Banned
Yet again they've added black bars to replay mode. Why Codemasters, why? Fucking remove that shit or let me remove them myself!

harrytang

pre-ordered grid 2 on a whim and got the first one free. it's actually a lot of fun! i enjoyed the talking, the team mates, and the random AI accidents. i hope all of that makes a comeback in grid 2. finishing the download now.

i know the OT a joke about pre-order bonuses, but could you at least cut paste a bit of info from the wiki or something for the passerby's? seems wrong.

Addnan

pre-ordered grid 2 on a whim and got the first one free. it's actually a lot of fun! i enjoyed the talking, the team mates, and the random AI accidents. i hope all of that makes a comeback in grid 2. finishing the download now.

i know the OT a joke about pre-order bonuses, but could you at least cut paste a bit of info from the wiki or something for the passerby's? seems wrong.

I plan to. Just put something up since no one was doing it.

MJLord

Wait how are people unlocking on steam? Don't tell me its this American/Euro release bullshit again?

Edit: Anyone got a link to a good proxy I can unlock with?

MJLord

Any way, just trying to get some media up in here, crosspost from High-Res thread;

3840x2400 / 4xMSAA / Black Border Cropped

They are some sexy shots.

Lack of cockpit never bothered me. You get a better sense of awareness around the car in 3rd person imo.

Addnan

Yeah, it's really annoying we have to go through this every time in a digital age :/

Any way, just trying to get some media up in here, crosspost from High-Res thread;

3840x2400 / 4xMSAA / Black Border Cropped
I'm going to use that second pic shrunk down in the OP.

Nebula

They are some sexy shots.

Lack of cockpit never bothered me. You get a better sense of awareness around the car in 3rd person imo.

True, but I don't feel anywhere near as immersed as I would like. I tend to get in a zone of sorts in driving games and cockpit view helps maintain that zone for me I've found.

Jibbed

Alright guys, I've been playing the PC version for the last few hours... oh boy.

First of all, this game is clearly made for 10-year-olds. The commentary from your manager (which is almost constant) is patronizing as hell, and even on the hardest difficulty each race so far has been a walk in the park. The races themselves don't seem to be more than a few minutes long each, and in approximately 1/4 of these (I'm not joking) I've not even touched the brakes - which brings me on to the handling.

There are NO assist options, no way to change car characteristics or anything like that. The cars are all just glued to the circuit and drift in a predictable (ie. easy to hang on to) manner. If anything, drifting seems to give you more of a run out of corners (which makes no sense whatsoever).

The UI is a step in the wrong direction when comparing GRID 2 to the original too. Everything is slow and clunky, and pre/post races menus, loading screens etc just seem to drag on a few seconds too long. There's no way of skipping most of these either, I'm already sick of watching the fan-ticker update after a race.

Feel free to ask me anything else about the game and I'll get back to you.

Razyl

No team mates, because codemasters removed the team feature. Thats the info from the gamestar (german) review. :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wow.... the PC version of this game has such a clusterfuck of problems in the controller config department. There is NO support for H-pattern shifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though there is a setting called "H-Pattern", when you try to assign a button or even a keyboard key to any gear, it simply reverts back to "Unassigned". Absolutely pathetic!!!!!!!

Danneee

The complete or whatever edition probably won't come out until after the release of the next gen consoles so this will be one game I'll never get to play. Despite really liking the first one.

Alright guys, I've been playing the PC version for the last few hours... oh boy.

First of all, this game is clearly made for 10-year-olds. The commentary from your manager (which is almost constant) is patronizing as hell, and even on the hardest difficulty each race so far has been a walk in the park. The races themselves don't seem to be more than a few minutes long each, and in approximately 1/4 of these (I'm not joking) I've not even touched the brakes - which brings me on to the handling.

There are NO assist options, no way to change car characteristics or anything like that. The cars are all just glued to the circuit and drift in a predictable (ie. easy to hang on to) manner. If anything, drifting seems to give you more of a run out of corners (which makes no sense whatsoever).

The UI is a step in the wrong direction when comparing GRID 2 to the original too. Everything is slow and clunky, and pre/post races menus, loading screens etc just seem to drag on a few seconds too long. There's no way of skipping most of these either, I'm already sick of watching the fan-ticker update after a race.

Feel free to ask me anything else about the game and I'll get back to you.

So you're saying this game is actually a step back from the awesomeness of GRID 1 and is actually a regression of sorts? (No cockpit, no modifiable assist options etc)

I remember the 24 hour Le Mans racing circuit where you could actually set it to 24 actual hours if you wanted to in GRID 1. Is this not available in GRID 2?

Damn.

Jibbed

So you're saying this game is actually a step back from the awesomeness of GRID 1 and is actually a regression of sorts? (No cockpit, no modifiable assist options etc)

I remember the 24 hour Le Mans racing circuit where you could actually set it to 24 actual hours if you wanted to in GRID 1. Is this not available in GRID 2?

Damn.

Yup. And no, neither the Le Mans circuit nor 24 hour races return.

As an added bonus, the game has just crashed at the start of my first 'endurance' event... I'm yet to find out what this actually entails, but I'm not expecting more than 10 minutes of racing.

Edit: Oh wow. 5 WHOLE MINUTES. Endurance indeed.

Stupid region release timing. Have the game on my hard drive but must wait 3 more days before I can play it because of reasons.

Thinking of using VPN. Is it safe?

Top Bottom