• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport |OT| Zippin' Up My Boots, Goin' Back To My Roots, Yeah

TJP

Anyone order off CD keys? Has your key arrived yet?
You mean an order with CDKeys.com? No product key as yet & clicking on the DL link gives me the message: 'it will be avaliable here on or slightly before the release date of 27th June 2014'.

I'm in the same boat but I'm assuming cdkeys is a UK site and is ripping the keys out of retail copies. Probably won't get them till Thursday/Friday.

Regarding the GMG codes, I'm just waiting for people to get into offices / wake up through Europe and will hopefully have an update for you soon.

Megasoum

Banned
For the first time in a very long time I actually hope that there will be trainers available for the game just so I can skip all the tuner stuff.

Any news on what is in the "Season Pass" as in what is in the 6 add-on bundles?

Team VVV have a bit of news on the DLC, hopefully we get more news soon.

Only what I said here.

Car Packs

Car packs are exactly how you’d imagine, they include new cars for the game and we’ve currently got three of these planned. Integration of the car packs is something that we know is hugely important to you, and through the feedback you’ve given us we’re confident that you won’t have any issues with mismatched compatibility. If you have a car pack and a friend doesn’t, you’ll still be able to race together and more importantly, see each other’s cars.

Mini – Expansions

Again, from the feedback we received we know you don’t like individual tracks being made available for DLC and you also told us that you prefer content that adds to both the single and multiplayer experience, so we’ve done just that for GRID Autosport.

There will be three mini-expansions for GRID Autosport and each will have a specific ‘theme’ surrounding it. The mini-expansions will each include a selection of new locations, some will include new cars and in some cases new game modes entirely.

Each mini-expansion will also bring with it a brand new addition to the single player experience, so while you’ll be able to take your new content online, you’ll also be able to play it offline.

We’ll have more info on each of the new pieces of content closer to their release. It’s at this time we can confirm that there will be a Season Pass available for both PC and PlayStation 3.

The GRID Autosport adventure is only just beginning and we can’t wait for you to join us, the countdown to race day is on, we’ll see you on the track!

Can't wait. I'm looking for a decent racer and I burned out a bit on GT6 (though need to revisit soon, especially with content updates).

I ordered the PC version with 25% discount from GMG - £22.50. However, I don't think the codes are released until Friday as it's a worldwide PC release on Friday, I believe.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can you hold whoever has the license hostage and get Ferrari in the game plz.

Sigh.... Stuck doing Tuning crap to unlock the Grand Slam...ughhhh

Yup.... Fuck drifting.

Can't you skip it? Is it part of the championship or is it a separate "cup" inside the season? Because you may be able to just skip it (start and retire as soon as possible) and still do well on the "main" championship of the season.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Fantastic game absolutely ruined by the tuner/drift crap.

Codies REALLY needs to make all of that optional. Completely ruined Dirt 3 for me as well.

EDIT: Oh a trainer is a great idea. If someone finds one that isn't packed with malware and trojans, let us know!

Megasoum

Banned
Can't you skip it? Is it part of the championship or is it a separate "cup" inside the season? Because you may be able to just skip it (start and retire as soon as possible) and still do well on the "main" championship of the season.

Well it's at least half of the Tuner championships and you need as much XP than with any of the other disciplines so if you fail the drifting on purpose you'll have to do double the work to get as much xp and unlock the grand slam.

Aerocrane

Can you hold whoever has the license hostage and get Ferrari in the game plz.

That's Microsoft. Just like EA has Porsche locked down, Ferrari is with Microsoft. It would probably cost crazy amount of money to get access, hence why Ferrari is only in Gran Turismo (that Sony money) and in Microsoft platform versions of Need For Speed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's Microsoft. Just like EA has Porsche locked down, Ferrari is with Microsoft. It would probably cost crazy amount of money to get access, hence why Ferrari is only in Gran Turismo (that Sony money) and in Microsoft platform versions of Need For Speed.
Hence why you don't offer money, you hold someone hostage.

I have Test Drive Ferrari, but it logs into GFWL and I am scared for the future.

Bought the game. It may not be perfect, but fuck that. I need my racing fix and if there is one thing CM does absolutely right for me personally is the 'feel' of the game: I feel excited playing the game, the game is fast, there's a lot of action going on and it's a pain in the butt to finish first. When I lay the controller down after playing me some GRID, I feel exhausted but fullfilled. That's enough for me to enjoy a racing game.

Branson

Bought the game. It may not be perfect, but fuck that. I need my racing fix and if there is one thing CM does absolutely right for me personally is the 'feel' of the game: I feel excited playing the game, the game is fast, there's a lot of action going on and it's a pain in the butt to finish first. When I lay the controller down after playing me some GRID, I feel exhausted but fullfilled. That's enough for me to enjoy a racing game.

Yeah. It's not perfect but damn is the racing itself good. I use a wheel and with the longer races I did yesterday (10 laps each for the first open wheel races) I was exausted.

Fox Mulder

that's why I usually love their games. The first Dirt was intense flying through a forest on narrow dirt roads. I feel more attached to my team in the original Grid because I get to build it and the AI puts up a fight. F1 had me sweating at Monaco because of the concentration i had to maintain.

Branson

10 laps for each race. Damn...that's a lot. Too bad I don't have a wheel anymore :/

I wish they gave more xp for longer races. It helps if you spin or something with more laps to recover from. I don't use rewind either. I'm probably on the crazy side of people who play this lol.

that's why I usually love their games. The first Dirt was intense flying through a forest on narrow dirt roads. I feel more attached to my team in the original Grid because I get to build it and the AI puts up a fight. F1 had me sweating at Monaco because of the concentration i had to maintain.

The concentration wears me out too...but it feels so good :D

I wish they gave more xp for longer races. It helps if you spin or something with more laps to recover from. I don't use rewind either. I'm probably on the crazy side of people who play this lol.

Lol. More xp would be nice indeed.

Megasoum

Banned

Well the race multiplier is part of the difficulty settings so don't you get a bigger xp boost when you increase it?

Megasoum

Banned
I really hope that the next gen engine (when used on PC) will finally support proper alt-tabs lol. Every single codemasters games since Grid 1 switch to windowed mode when you alt-tab instead of doing the right thing.

Also, now that GridA is out you can finally start talking about F1 2014 and Dirt 4!

mgcastro

Man Im so tempted to get the game, but the cockpit aspect turns me off, I want to believe modders will be generous enough to improve them.

mjtonini

Neo Member
Good to hear the keys are working now. I got an email from GMG support saying that they should be working too.

Can't try mine out until I get home from work. Unless I can figure out a way to explain to my wife how to do it, and then it will be all downloaded and waiting for me when I get home.

plc268

I really hope that the next gen engine (when used on PC) will finally support proper alt-tabs lol. Every single codemasters games since Grid 1 switch to windowed mode when you alt-tab instead of doing the right thing.

Also, now that GridA is out you can finally start talking about F1 2014 and Dirt 4!

Perhaps you already know this, but hit Alt+Enter and it'll go fullscreen again.

Game Unlock Timings:

Europe: 00:00 am CET on Friday 27th

UK: 11pm BST on Thursday 26th

Australia / New Zealand: 9am Eastern Australia Time on Thursday 26th June

Rest of the World: 11pm BST on Thursday 26th

tumblr_inline_moc7sjmG3O1qz4rgp.gif

NoPiece

Fantastic game absolutely ruined by the tuner/drift crap.

Codies REALLY needs to make all of that optional. Completely ruined Dirt 3 for me as well.

I love Codemasters' racing games, but really agree with this. Drifting should be skippable, or better, you should be able to disable it in options so you never even know it is there. Or work it into the game fiction - when I make my driver, let pick the kinds of races I am going to specialize in, and generate a career path based on that.

dsk1210

I love Codemasters' racing games, but really agree with this. Drifting should be skippable, or better, you should be able to disable it in options so you never even know it is there. Or work it into the game fiction - when I make my driver, let pick the kinds of races I am going to specialize in, and generate a career path based on that.

I can't be arsed with the drifting stuff as well in all honesty.

Buburibon

I'm definitely tempted to pick this up on PC, but not yet convinced I'll enjoy the handling. The original Grid had what I'd call "decent" handling for a game that was never meant to be a sim, but Grid 2 was just... I couldn't play it due to how light, floaty, and slidey it felt. PGR3/4 were the last "arcade racers" I truly enjoyed where the handling model gave me just enough control to make it worthwhile. Hot lapping the Nordschleife in PGR3 for a better spot on leader boads was actually a fairly technical, and satisfying endeavor from what I can remember. So, for those of you who've played Grid Autosport, how does it feel? Thanks! :)

Top Bottom