• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time - Vita Compatible! |OT|

Z3M0G

I'll be buying this as soon as Vita support is confirmed... I need to cut back on buying games only playable on PSP... (just to not immediately spend money, at the very least)

I purchased Unchained Blades as PSP-only and it wasn't long until it was updated with Vita support via PS3 transfer.

---------

(Anyone know how this process works? How they decide if / when to "update" a PSP game with Vita support? And if it can go directly on Vita store or not?)

So....without giving, well, ANY spoilers...

I know there are about 4544244 different endings depending on the characters you have interactions with?

Anyway, is there considered a "canon" or "True" ending in this game?

Vamphuntr

I passed the part where you choose who will be your partner in the ending. Grinding for Blessing Bells right now. After I finish the S rank in the Arena I'll beat the final boss.

Kerrinck

If it just went up, no one really knows. Also, probably not. Someone would have to test it (try to transfer from PS3->Vita), or at least check if it's on the Vita store.

Downloading it now, will update with info as soon as I transfer it from my ps3.

Shouta

So....without giving, well, ANY spoilers...

I know there are about 4544244 different endings depending on the characters you have interactions with?

Anyway, is there considered a "canon" or "True" ending in this game?

3 Overall endings then varies with character pairing.

Eusis

I'm surprised cj's optimism actually paid off there. Maybe it IS safe for future games... whatever games come along anyway.

Damn, wasn't expecting Day One compatibility with Vita via PS3 transfer! Shit, need to check my budget to see if I can squeeze out an extra $30...

Young Magus

You CAN copy it from your PS3. But it's not on the Vita store.

Yes. I'm playing it on my Vita right now. :)

1466164-yes_super.png

OH HELL YES!!! Between this and the crunchyroll app being launched, this was a good PSN update

Necrovex

I said I would buy this if I could play it on my Vita. Guess I'll google how to do a PS3 transfer onto my Vita. First, it is time to buy Growlanser from the PSN store!

Eusis

I said I would buy this if I could play it on my Vita. Guess I'll google how to do a PS3 transfer onto my Vita. First, it is time to buy Growlanser from the PSN store!
It's simple: connect your Vita to the PS3 through USB, and select Content Manager on Vita. PS3 should automatically go into transfer mode, but probably not if you set this all up BEFORE turning both systems on.

Necrovex

It's simple: connect your Vita to the PS3 through USB, and select Content Manager on Vita. PS3 should automatically go into transfer mode, but probably not if you set this all up BEFORE turning both systems on.

Bloody hell, that's a lot simpler than I would have thought. Thanks!

Stage On

Did Atlus undership physical copies of this game or something? I had it preordered for $5 off at Best buy.ca but it's out of stock/sold out :(

Vamphuntr

I think I overdid it with the blessing bells :O

Crevanille is back to level 7 now. I'm so going to beat the 4 vs 4 S rank after this (hopefully).

cj_iwakura

For a horrifying moment, I thought there was no get, and then by the door...

001-5.jpg

Kitteh liek Wayfarer. :D Starting momentarily.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think I still have the PS2 version in my closet. I knew your avatar looked familiar but just could not remember from where.

PS2 game ending, PSP game ending, Alternate Ending. The PSP game ending is basically the true ending and as it goes further than the PS2 ending.
Oh why did you go and say that... Now Im going to have to go out and buy the psp version.

Shouta

Is that little anime OVA for Growlanser IV canon?

It's kind of an addendum to the end of GL4. I haven't seen it in awhile and I don't remember the plot all too well but I don't recall it being too highly connected to the actual ending so it could still work in theory. I'll have to watch it again to see.

Shouta

Ok, after watching the OVA, it assumes a few things from the PS2 version of the game regarding a few characters but it can fit fine with the PSP version of the ending as well overall.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, just to make sure... It only works on Vita with the PS3 transfer, and probably not with the Transfer from Media Go from PC, right?

No PS3 here, so PC transfer would be by only option for now..

Top Bottom