• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

PaulloDEC

C'mon PSN update day! Can't wait to get my hands on this, and the Vita version is small enough that I'll actually have room on my memory card!

Reviews are looking great too. Bueno.

Last metroidvania I bought was Kyntt Underground. That was neither metroid, nor castlevania.

I'd buy this but I don't like getting burned twice. Maybe someone will stream it on twitch tonight so I can see if it interests me or not.

Last metroidvania I bought was Kyntt Underground. That was neither metroid, nor castlevania.

I'd buy this but I don't like getting burned twice. Maybe someone will stream it on twitch tonight so I can see if it interests me or not.

Knytt Underground was shit compared to what this game looks like.

Who doesn't love have an awesome game for their Vita! Honestly, it's about time: there's only so much Jet Pack Joyride I can handle.

Ohnonono

I am actually really glad to hear about the length of this game. I would love a shorter game that I don't get tired of that also has the option to really try to master it. Part of the issue with some metroidvanias is that they are too damn long and I lose interest.

Ocaso

People use the "Metroidvania" term wrong all the time. I'll say it again here: we should call them "pathfinding" games instead. Based on what's been said about Guacamelee it sounds as if it is a pathfinding game with punching instead of shooting, so I'm certainly hyped for it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll buy it as soon as (if) it hits Steam, looks amazing.

I'd support their efforts and get both if it's going to happen eventually. After all, it's not only the potential Steam version that's going to benefit these guys. I want to see more games from these guys so I will be buying that version as well if it materializes.

Jigolo

And......I'm buying. I seriously just heard about this game like last week but it looks fantastic and all reviews have been positive.

Also PS+ discount and Cross-buy.

YISSSS

Santiako

I'd support their efforts and get both if it's going to happen eventually. After all, it's not only the potential Steam version that's going to benefit these guys. I want to see more games from these guys so I will be buying that version as well if it materializes.

I'd buy it day 1 on ps3/vita but I don't have either :p

Wonko_C

¡Magnífico! Voy a comprar el juego para transformarme en pollo. :)

Surprised no one has done it yet.

ideal snack for playing Guacamelee

9830.jpg

+

valentina-sauce-7.jpg

Kazzy

I knew nothing about this, minus the name. I've gone from zero to excited, all in the space of about one page of the Vita thread.

I feel good about going in (relatively) blind!

Top Bottom