• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Solid game from the very little I've played so far. Looks lovely, animates really well and plays great! It's sort of like how I would envisage a 2D DMC, sort of.

Looking forward to tucking into this properly.

It's gonna be $12 for plus subscribers.

rr1uEb9.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-four-new-titles-day-one-ps-plus-discounts-2/
Awesome! Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I signed up for PS+ using a prepaid card during the "spend 50 get 10 back" promotion. Did I qualify for the $10, or did I have to make that purchase using a credit card tied to my PSN account? If I did qualify, when will I get my $10?

Celegus

Hmm might pick this up with that $10 back promotion if it comes in time. Been too long since I've played a game like this.

zroid

Banned
Awesome! Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I signed up for PS+ using a prepaid card during the "spend 50 get 10 back" promotion. Did I qualify for the $10, or did I have to make that purchase using a credit card tied to my PSN account? If I did qualify, when will I get my $10?

You're safe, I think. Supposedly the credits will be rewarded in a couple days.

Ocaso

Did you use a Playstation Plus subscription card or a PSN card? If you used a PSN card to add money to your on-line wallet and then spent that money on Playstation Plus, you definitely qualified. If you used one of the Playstation Plus subscription cards, then I don't think you qualified.

I don't get the Patrick haters at all; I know there's a contingent of them on GAF as well. He's a great addition to their team, and I love how he gives special attention to the stuff the other guys often don't.

Not to mention he's the only one on staff that doesn't come off like a complete manchild. Well him and Vinny.

You're safe, I think. Supposedly the credits will be rewarded in a couple days.

Did you use a Playstation Plus subscription card or a PSN card? If you used a PSN card to add money to your on-line wallet and then spent that money on Playstation Plus, you definitely qualified. If you used one of the Playstation Plus subscription cards, then I don't think you qualified.
Thanks guys! It was a PSN card which I funded my wallet with. I still have a penny left over, actually. Heh. Hooray, not that Guacamelee isn't worth full price, but still!

Himself

Just got around to Mutant Blobs Attack! and it was an incredibly pleasant surprise. I'll get this as soon as I wrap up Machinarium. I hope to hear good things.

Gadirok

Time to catch up with Steam and Nintendo
I hope that was sarcasm.

Steam maybe, but I don't know what you mean by Nintendo given their wonky account systems and more importantly, they are guilty for the same thing you were jabbing at Sony for.

When I purchased dream radar on my 3ds last October they limited me to putting $5 into my wallet despite paying through credit. The app only cost $3 but I had to put on $5 on the wallet. No biggie.

But the worst part was Nintendo charging me HST on a $3 digital app. It raised the price by 40-50 cents. Leaving me with like 1.50 on the wallet, which I thought was bullshit since no other system charges me 13% HST.

Not paying for anything on the backwards e-shop. I'll stick to physical for Nintendo and keep digital with PSN.

Too damn much in my backlog, but hard to skip on that Plus discount. I'm gonna murder a chihuahua if it ends up free for Plus members by the time I actually get around to playing it.

zroid

Banned
they are guilty for the same thing you were jabbing at Sony for

That's incorrect. When Dream Radar was released you had the option to add funds in any quantity. There was a time when you couldn't but it was fixed quite a while ago.

LornHg

Neo Member
I would support Frima with Zombie Tycoon II when it releases too, if Sony didn't announce that its a PS+ freebie at launch.

Hello Gadirok, if you want to encourage us anyway, we'll be selling a bunch of avatars for a couple of cents each : P

Thanks for your support.

We're really glad our fellow dev's Guacamelee is getting such a great reception among gamers

inky

haha! that's what i thought! it's more bull fighting-esque (and futbol) right?

sorry about that.

Correct. No need to feel bad, the different uses and pronounciations are really subtle for non-native speakers (in Spain it is used to accompany Flamenco dancing, thus the clapping hands, stamping feet and shouting olé!) and in the end it all just comes from the Arabs anyway.

Great OP btw :)

Wonko_C

Damn! I had $13.50 on my wallet (thanks to the free $10 Sony gave us a while ago) but decided to purchase Star Wars Pinball because I knew Guacamelee was going to cost $15. I didn't think this would come at a discount for PS Plus users so soon. :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
One of my most anticipated Vita games, if not my most anticipated Vita title (with Terarria being a close, close second).

Can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

Great OT, straightforward and to the point!

Blizzard

Banned
I love the pose and graphics of this game. I think the trailer used some stock music. Is the ingame music as good? That's a huge draw for me.

Also, I'd like to think "wrestlevania" is a better term than Mexicovania. :D

zroid

Banned
I love the pose and graphics of this game. I think the trailer used some stock music. Is the ingame music as good? That's a huge draw for me.

Metrador

Or Luchavania :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

yeah, I wasn't much of a fan of the title.. but it was the overwhelming favorite in submissions in the thread when titles weer being pitched... oh well. the OT was only created last night at 10pm... at least it got done.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Last metroidvania I bought was Kyntt Underground. That was neither metroid, nor castlevania.

I'd buy this but I don't like getting burned twice. Maybe someone will stream it on twitch tonight so I can see if it interests me or not.

I was also burned on Knytt Underground, and this isn't some amateur experience. This is Drinkbox, and the Tales games are fricking amazing. I have faith that Guacamelee is going to be amazing as well, even if it's just half as good as the Blob games.

Daigoro

lol, is it bad? I was thinking of getting it while on sale, but decided against at the last minute. :U

not bad exactly, just pretty meh. definitely feels like an indie effort in a genre where a quality dev makes a huge difference. it seems pretty amateurish.

maybe i'll warm up to it, but first impressions were not great.

Delighted to hear it is properly priced in the EU and maintains the 20% Plus discount.

Everything about this release in terms of pricing/discounts/yopo and so forth has been wonderful. I will definitely support this with a day one purchase.

Oh and the game seems great too, heh.

macewank

i'm kind of interested in this... do we know how much game there is here? if it's a decent amount, i'll throw $12 at it, otherwise i think i gotta wait for it to be free for + people.

Top Bottom