• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Wait, so you can actually play co-op with one person on PS3 and one person on Vita? I didn't think you could be they mentioned it in the GB Quick Look.

Torgo

Wait, so you can actually play co-op with one person on PS3 and one person on Vita? I didn't think you could be they mentioned it in the GB Quick Look.

No you can't. The Vita version only supports single=player, no cross-play is available. The PS3 version supports on-the-couch co-op, not online.

$14.99, cross-buy, cross-platform cloud saves are supported, and you can use the Vita as your controller using the "Sub-Controller" feature of Remote Play. The Vita displays the available maps, and how many Pesos that you have collected.

No you can't. The Vita version only supports single=player, no cross-play is available. The PS3 version supports on-the-couch co-op, not online.

$14.99, cross-buy, cross-platform cloud saves are supported, and you can use the Vita as your controller using the "Sub-Controller" feature of Remote Play. The Vita displays the available maps, and how many Pesos that you have collected.

Ah, I thought it sounded wrong. Didn't think it'd work locally without online...

DeviantBoi

I will definitely be playing this tonight.

I've been having lots of fun with a couple of PSN releases (The Cave and Terraria).

lantus

Wait, there's a Plus discount? Is this happening in the US? I might have to bite sooner rather than later if that's the case.

It's ironic that I was considering selling my Vita today but after thinking about it (I actually have a decent library for it) and seeing games like Guacamelee! coming out, I guess I'll keep it ;) Viva la Guacamelee!

OT said:
How do I connect my Vita to play with cross play?
With Guacamelee installed on your PS3:
1) Register your Vita with your PS3
2) Start Guacamelee on the PS3
3) From the Vita Live Area, select REMOTE PLAY
4) Tap START (do not tap the Cross-Controller button)
5) Tap on ‘Connect via Private Network’
6) If you get a black screen, then you have connected successfully. You will get an error message if you failed to connect.
7) The Vita screen will display the map once you select ‘New Game’ or ‘Continue’ from Guacamelee’s main menu.

OMG, totally didn't know about this and am definitely playing this way! (^___^)

zroid

Banned
ibf4BRzoCAwgc8.gif

Olé!

ChuckNyce

Had my eye on this one for awhile, glad to see all the positive review. Will definitely pick up after work (assuming the store's been updated by then).

Haven't really been paying attention to this game, but all these superlative reviews have certainly made me sit up and take notice. I think I'm going to have to buy this tomorrow.

More money, geez.

This looks like a lot of fun. I totally forgot this was coming out today. When I get home from work tonight I'm gonna have to boot up the PS3 and Vita and sit through 30 minutes of firmware updates so I can play this!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
We should get our money back from Sony before this sale ends right?
Yup. Codes for the $10 back promo from last month should be sent by the 12th.

Is it only on sale for the week? I would like to wait until I get my $10 credit from the March PSN promo before I buy this so hopefully it's still discounted whenever Sony applies the credit.
One week sale, but you should have your credit by Friday.

So at what time is this going up?
Whenever Grace Chen feels like it
11 AM - 7 PM PDT : /

ElNino

Yup. Codes for the $10 back promo from last month should be sent by the 12th.
That would be terrific if I get the credit by Friday. I'm taking the family to Disney on Saturday, so this would be a perfect game to play on the plane to Orlando.

zroid

Banned
added $5 to my wallet in preparation

Hey Sony how about you remove that minimum payment bullshit for the PS4, k thanks

Carl

added $5 to my wallet in preparation

Hey Sony how about you remove that minimum payment bullshit for the PS4, k thanks

Doubt it. Most retailers have a minimum spend when paying by card. Otherwise, credit card fees bite them. But they could do it like Apple for and delay taking the money to try and bunch purchases together.

zroid

Banned
Doubt it. Most retailers have a minimum spend when paying by card. Otherwise, credit card fees bite them. But they could do it like Apple for and delay taking the money to try and bunch purchases together.

Time to catch up with Steam and Nintendo

Hey, publishers, here's an idea: I will not have time to play it tonight, cause I have to write documents til very late at night today.

But I'd totally pay 5$ extra to play the game early. LET ME PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME ALREADY.

And: All those people that go '15 bucks is a lot of money for this!' can go and suck a *ick. The best thing about this generation is that we finally get to play games like that again.

zroid

Banned
Most retailers do then, because 99% of places have a £5 minimum spend before paying with card, at least in the UK :p

It used to be the same in North America, but most retailers/fast food joints/etc. removed it a few years ago. I spend a buck on coffee with my credit card all the time nowadays! It feels pretty backwards.

Anyway, not to derail the the thread any further. :p

You know I can't resist a jab, forgive me!

zroid

Banned
I don't get the Patrick haters at all; I know there's a contingent of them on GAF as well. He's a great addition to their team, and I love how he gives special attention to the stuff the other guys often don't.

AwRy108

Any idea when the credit from March's "$10 when you spend $50" promo is supposed to go out? I'm expecting $20 from the deal, and wouldn't mind using it to buy Guacamelee!

...buying it either way, but don't tell SONY that.

Top Bottom