• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes HD |OT|

That's it. I need a drink.
tumblr_lnfcd5o9iM1qaky2jo1_500.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Next thing I know, RS is moved back too, there's no Bayonetta 2 news coming and that Zelda bundle was a fake. I've come to take so much for granted in the last 24 hours.

As I was saying in the other thread: I'd really like to know the story behind all this - the last minute announcements and the pullback.

Palette Swap said:

Next thing I know, RS is moved back too, there's no Bayonetta 2 news coming and that Zelda bundle was a fake. I've come to take so much for granted in the last 24 hours.

As I was saying in the other thread: I'd really like to know the story behind all this - the last minute announcements and the pullback.
I wouldn't get too worked up. It's probably coming next week and he slipped up.

LiK

Palette Swap said:

RS IS CONFIRMED.

Palette Swap said:
Probably but treating these 2 releases this way is a bit of a waste IMO.
I hate to break it to you, but the audience excited for this probably consist of a couple thousand forum denizens and not many more. Despite the immense gulf in quality, don't expect this to sell like a Castle Crashers or something similar.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For those wondering if the PRICE is a mistake:

Naaa, impossible at this point. It's been listed at the JP site, and in interviews and stuff for months now. The price isn't an issue.

Just the release date.

It's nothing like the Samurai Shodown price error, which was all assumed off Major's update that week, with little to no info from SNKP.

So don't worry about that!

Microsoft should give GH a few weeks of extra promotion, to make up for the MajorMistake ;) While I will mourn not being able to play tomorrow, I hope this gives tha game some time to have SOME FORM of marketing, even if it's just a new trailer and a preview or 2.

_dementia said:
I hate to break it to you, but the audience excited for this probably consist of a couple thousand forum denizens and not many more. Despite the immense gulf in quality, don't expect this to sell like a Castle Crashers or something similar.
I know but I hate the discrepancy between the effort put into actually updating the games themselves and how little MS seems to care about them, enough to not even take the time to properly give them release dates.

These are obviously niche titles and people interested in these will buy them regardless but it seems highly inefficient to me to fumble on something as cheap as a release planning when the rest of the work is already done.

This definitely resonates with Team Meat's account of how badly managed the actual releases on XBLA are.

I'm aware the quantity of quality XBLA titles didn't help at all, which is a testimony to how good the offering is.

It would have been nice if it had released on the 31st. At least it will be 800 points. Thats incredibly affordable for such a highly sought after title.

XLant

Neo Member
Sweet sweet OP. Any chance of having a metatag made up for this? Seems like an easy way to find other players for a quick game. If not I'll just send invites when the time comes.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Nice. Pleasantly surprised to hear one that wasn't this. Shuffler In The Dark or Roundabout would've worked as well.

mikespit1200 said:
I really got into Scott Pilgrim, X-Men Arcade and Castle Crashers. I assume I'll dig this one too?
Castle Crashers exists because of Guardian Heroes. Dig you will.

op_ivy said:
thanks. 800 for a remake/reissuing is propbably my cut off point. hopefully RS hits a sale soon-ish
So...a remake of a game that sells for over $200 isn't worth roughly $15? A night out costs more than that. Also:

Upsidedown Fuji said:
It would have been nice if it had released on the 31st. At least it will be 800 points. Thats incredibly affordable for such a highly sought after title.
That's the right outlook. Guardian Heroes for $10 - who can complain?

mr2xxx

Banned
9:21:02 - Oh sweeeeet, forgot Guardian heroes was coming.
9:21:10 - COMING OUT TOMORROW!!! Tiiiiggggght!
9:21:15 - Fuck you Major Nelson.... Fuck You

Thanks for the emotional roller coaster GAF.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What changes have they actually made?

I know the shield is overpowered. Get them in a corner and bam. Plus the characters that can go into the foreground and stuff without being hit by a ton of other characters.

I wonder if there will be a code to unlock everybody like the original.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kadey said:
What changes have they actually made?

I wonder if there will be a code to unlock everybody like the original.

Well, we have this wonderful post that attempts to make sense of the translated options by Sixfourtyfive, from the previous thread, HERE.

So we can assume alot of these dispwitches are changes they've made.

Also, Magic points have been limited to a max at 100 in the arena, it seems. So magic shouldn't be as easy to spam.

Also, it was mentioned on the Gfaqs board that the Ropers lost their weakness to light magic, which previously made them succeptable to Nicole's healing and "Light Column" spells.

Bosses have also apparently been given much more well-rounded AI, that takes more advantage of their full list of abilities.

Lastly, it seems like they've either given characters some kinda "clearing" attack, or that the effect for leveling-up/reviving has been REALLY exaggerated, as there's that new "Stained Glass" style effect that the characters have shown.

Oh, and if they still offer a code to unlock all the characters / access the debug mode? Seems kinda doubtful, since there is an achievement that depends on unlocking all characters.

.... I'm still gonna try it, though! (Not that I mind unlocking everyone... I wanna see all the modified story translations! And I'll enjoy rediscovering how in the world to fight Macho and Gambo again, for instance...)

Gaspode_T

Step 1) Play Radiant Silvergun,
Step 2) Manage to beat Radiant Silvergun,
Step 3) Magically Guardian Heroes appears on marketplace

Give Treasure the love! Go buy Bangaio-HD too, it bombed.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
If I didn't already have 2 copies of this game, I'd probably be upset that it's not on PSN! :)

Still, I'd love a chance to give Sega my money to support the effort and get more games like this re-released. (also online would be neat)

I bought this game for my Saturn and barely touched it. Maybe it was because it was an import and I couldn't understand anything. Seemed like a good game too, but I don't know why I couldn't get into it.

I played it at my friends house who had the Saturn Ram cart/region free cart 14/15 years ago. I for whatever reason never picked it up during my Saturn buying binge back in the early part of last decade.

Really looking forward to this release.

DonasaurusRex said:
wtf is it out yet or not..

i need noobs to feel my P.Gold and Valgar pain. i wont break out Ginjirou till you guys can practice :D.
It was up breifly in Mexico. It's since been removed.

One of the Best Saturn Game ever... so happy to hear that it's coming to XBLA

Glad I sold my saturn copy on Ebay for $90 years ago

Now we need Dragon Force and Panzer Saga to be remade

Top Bottom