• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes HD |OT|

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just as an update on the different screens and anime intro in the game, and exchange on GameFAQs:

I kinda miss the old school level up and character select screens!

They actually have all of that in it. The intro is in the gallery and you can change to those screens of the original but also keep the remix gameplay or switch to the original gameplay as well

So the Anime Intro is in, as well as the old school screens. But you can mix and match each feature. So you can play Saturn Gameplay, but with XBLA version graphics, and vice-versa.

Also, the customization options are insane:

Now for flying and moving between planes. Yes characters can still fly and move between planes, but you can disable flight and movement between planes with custom rule sets. While creating custom rules you can disable any spells or special attacks for each character individually, since kanon, and the sky/earth spirits, and the gargoyle's flight are special moves these can be disabled which also disables movement between planes for them since they can only do so while flying. You cannot disable the villiage god's flight without disabling flight for everyone since his is not a special move.

That's some stupid-awesome level of match control right there, lol. "No Flight mode, no screen filling supers, only normal attacks.... FINAL DESTINATION!"

SAB CA said:
That's some stupid-awesome level of match control right there, lol. "No Flight mode, no screen filling supers, only normal attacks.... FINAL DESTINATION!"

Unf.

Seriously considering double dipping.

Wonder if I can pass on a Mexican XBL account after it's launched here... HMMM.

TheMan

I created a mexican account and got the demo... I remember liking this game when I played it at a demo kiosk inside Toys R Us so many years ago, but frankly I'm kind of underwhelmed with it. I want to like it, but the controls will take some getting used to, and sometimes it's hard to keep track of my character when there's a lot going on.

I'll give the demo a longer play tomorrow after my test.

Apparently Remix Hard mode is pretty damn hard. AI is supposed to be better and the enemies are higher level as well. Not sure how I feel about that. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of one-hit kill nonsense. Oh well it's optional so whatevs.

Still no word on dates or anything. Oh well. Moving on to reviewing Elevator Action Deluxe while I wait....

ReXXXSoprano said:
I went and copped the demo and because some people wanted to see it in action I went ahead and recorded some gameplay from the trial version with Han. And stay tuned to the end. It gets pretty hectic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AD125SHSWY

For now the video is down due to SEGA playing the copyright card. Which is weird because I might be 1/512 Mexican so you know how that goes. I've sent the message out to SEGA and hopefully we can square this away and I get my ability to upload videos for more than 15 minutes. That's like going back to the wasteland. And I'm not going back. Hopefully somebody reads this that can do something about it. And I really hope this isn't somebody just plain hating because they can. Because that'd suck that people can do it and get away with it all the time

so i was able to get the mexican release and, having never played the game before, i have a question: your character's level isn't saved at all is it? you start at level one each and every time right?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
xbulletholes said:
so i was able to get the mexican release and, having never played the game before, i have a question: your character's level isn't saved at all is it? you start at level one each and every time right?

Right. Half the fun is leveling up differently each time.

The only real modifiers that you have:

Han starts off with nice stats, as he has that powerful sword of Undead Hero in hand. Which he loses before the end of stage one...

.... However, there is a story path where you can get ANOTHER one for Han. It gives him the stat boost back again.

One of my favourite games of, like EVER ;)

Looking forward to this and it seems everything points in the right direction quality wise. I never got all the characters unlocked and I think I even was missing one story path. Time to continue the fight! ;)

Dachande

I wish to inform everyone of a verb my friends coined: To Guardian Heroes something.

This means to take one stat and put every single available experience point into that stat at the expense of all others.

e.g.
"Man, I Guardian Heroesed my Magic all the way."
"I'm going to Guardian Heroes my Strength, I think."

Note that this is applicable to any game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dachande said:
I wish to inform everyone of a verb my friends coined: To Guardian Heroes something.

LoL, I can agree to this. Especially since the act of adding one.... and then all statpoints... is such a memorable rhythm.

"Blump. BLUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP- Ca-BLONG-Lung-lung...."

I can't even pretend that I can figure the proper way to write that out.

The demo is awesome played it multiple times cant wait for full game. Thought of getting the full game from the mexican account but its already been removed.

XLant

Neo Member
ReXXXSoprano said:
I went and copped the demo and because some people wanted to see it in action I went ahead and recorded some gameplay from the trial version with Han. And stay tuned to the end. It gets pretty hectic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AD125SHSWY.
I was able to catch this before it got removed; many thanks for the sneak peek. If the first stage is any indication this game's getting a perfect update, especially since everything from the original- including the opening and music- is intact. Also noticed that "dead" appears in gray letters next to defeated foes still in mid-juggle; kinda took me back to when my friends and I would make a game of seeing who could keep enemies' bodies bouncing in the air the longest.

Anyway, I was pretty bummed when my 360 finally succumbed to red ring today, but at least GH didn't come out this week. Kinda selfish of me to say, but it would've been a colossal punch to the nuts to download this then have to wait for my 360 to get fixed.

Mike M

Nick N
I wonder if the debug code will be in there in one form or another.

I think I played using that more often than without (Ginjirou w/maxed out agility was almost too fast to control.). It was a bitch to enter, despite not being particularly complex. It just took me a whole bunch of times before it'd register...

LiK said:
Hope this comes out next week. MN fucking up the release should mean it's a week off, imo
Seriously. The demo has got me all kinds of pumped for the full version now. Just hearing that Jazz solo got me all goose bumpy. OH MAN!

RaffAO

Dachande said:

This means to take one stat and put every single available experience point into that stat at the expense of all others.

e.g.
"Man, I Guardian Heroesed my Magic all the way."
"I'm going to Guardian Heroes my Strength, I think."

Note that this is applicable to any game.

Much as I appreciate the sentiment, 'minmaxing' has been around since time began.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I would guess it's either this week or next week, it's really odd how it's on the Mexico MP and clearly not by accident as it's still up.

wilflare said:
bleh i want this on the PSN :(

I want every game on every console. I should post that in every thread.

In news that is several thousand million times more important. Somebody named Solar1214 has posted some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqIYbOBY1c
(One thing I noticed in this video is that when selecting your next path it actually shows the stage number. This is way useful for memorizing paths)

Check the related links for more.

I can't stand waiting. At least I have Disgaea 4 and maybe Crimson Alliance on my plate real soon. Once Guardian Heroes hits though I'll probably quit game reviewing forever and just play GH all day.

So much for that!
All of the videos I've linked to of have been taken down by Sega.

Guess I'll just sit around, watch sports, and work on my reviews until something happens.

I might have to get into College Football real soon.

XLant

Neo Member
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I can't stand waiting. At least I have Disgaea 4 and maybe Crimson Alliance on my plate real soon. Once Guardian Heroes hits though I'll probably quit game reviewing forever and just play GH all day.
VF5 to hold me down.

The way you feel about GH is the way I feel about Shining Force 3...were it to ever receive similar XBLA treatment.

I predict the netcode to be like bangai-o's was. Really good with people close, playable within decent distance, and extreme slow down mode but still sort-of playable across seas.

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT, HAVING JUST THE TRIAL IS SUCH A TEASE!

Oh God what is this?

Can't be serious...I mean what?

4asd
ag
asoag
kfmkoprmkopkoperkoropmgr,orlereropstrgerl;ger,hmtrh4[p5y3hh,erpgikh45ykom[
ARGH GERD STIFK IN A FUOPPL..

Alright whatever...what's another month and a week?

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh God what is this?

Can't be serious...I mean what?

4asd
ag
asoag
kfmkoprmkopkoperkoropmgr,orlereropstrgerl;ger,hmtrh4[p5y3hh,erpgikh45ykom[
ARGH GERD STIFK IN A FUOPPL..

Alright whatever...what's another month and a week?

lol, Major Nelson really made the wait worse

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Teknoman said:
October? I wonder why they are holding it back, even though the full version is ready to go...

Last week was a 4 game week.

This one looks like one as well.

Would you rather the game get released as a "me too!" along side a bunch of other games, and sell horribly?

New Trailer Released for it today, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h25fQNtmGks

Let us not forget all the marketing, release window competetion, and trailer release dates / special interview type stuff they could have planned for all this. As nice as it'd be to say "IT'S MY GAME, AND I WANT IT NOW!!", we really don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff that's involved here.

XBLA slots seem horribly crowded this year (especially after SOA), with way too many quality games being released on the same days. I wish they'd offer more promo's or somethng along with this increased release stuff, because as much as I wanna love EVERYTHING that catches my interest, it's getting kinda nuts!

LiK

SAB CA said:
Last week was a 4 game week.

This one looks like one as well.

Would you rather the game get released as a "me too!" along side a bunch of other games, and sell horribly?

New Trailer Released for it today, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h25fQNtmGks

Let us not forget all the marketing, release window competetion, and trailer release dates / special interview type stuff they could have planned for all this. As nice as it'd be to say "IT'S MY GAME, AND I WANT IT NOW!!", we really don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff that's involved here.

XBLA slots seem horribly crowded this year (especially after SOA), with way too many quality games being released on the same days. I wish they'd offer more promo's or somethng along with this increased release stuff, because as much as I wanna love EVERYTHING that catches my interest, it's getting kinda nuts!

yea, i checked MN's log and it's pretty fuggin' crowded. They should move all that stuff to Oct and release GH this week, lol

Hopefully Sega actually does something over the next month+ then.

Having to rely on a couple people at gamefaqs for info is really screwing everything up.

LiK said:
yea, i checked MN's log and it's pretty fuggin' crowded. They should move all that stuff to Oct and release GH this week, lol

Or this.
I will do everything in my power to make sure GH has legs for years. Even if it means gifting copies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LiK said:

September: This Month's Releases
Guardian Heroes!
Radiant Silvergun!

October Releases
All that stuff that wasn't Guardian Heroes!

Yeah.... I could have been happy with that!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hopefully Sega actually does something over the next month+ then.

Having to rely on a couple people at gamefaqs for info is really screwing everything up.

I try to bring all the best tidbits from GFAQs to here, though! ;) But seriously, Agreed. Castle Crashers had fantatic pre-release info streaming, and this game deserves no less!

Character spotlights, wallpapers, free themes, avatar items, fanart contest, "guest character" VS mode discussions, explanation of the new mode's tweaks, magazine covers, soundtrack discussion, developer interviews, special art by Han... If all this happened, it still wouldn't be enough... but it'd be appreciated!

Top Bottom