• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, the appeal of two additional copies being purchased makes me wanna swing my vote back over to you. Let's get the ArkenMan to weigh in
3AQmK.gif

I will say a thing: I very much enjoy that game as well, but this one is already substantially better than Diablo III.

The best feeling I took away was the enjoyment of seeing someone else have so much fun. My partner isn't a gamer but we played a little every night for a month or more. As much as we could given everyone's different work loads. We were coming from owning MacBooks as well, so we had little experience with PC gaming as this was the first time we'd all had comparable gaming laptops. It was just pure fun.

I don't even want to link him to any videos that show off the highlights.

35 at launch. Thirty-five.

I have only see the original announcement trailer and a few of the 'race' promos. I've seen comments describing the potential exploration from lurking the previous Guild Wars 2 thread, but I've tried to remain in a blackout so as to maintain enjoyment and the sense of discovery if I did go ahead and purchase it.

I'm just at the point where I need to make a decision about purchasing it not just for me, but also for my partner and his brother. Exploration and shared experiences are my biggest loves in gaming.

Teknoman

Goes without saying i'm sure...but if you managed to be in the very first BWE/prepurchased through arenanet, you should be fine for the headstart right?

Also i'm going to have to do a deep sea expedition asap.

Jira

Did ArenaNet ever say something about future Mac support?

Mike O' Brien (ANet CEO) uses Macs and would like to get a Mac client out at time point, the focus though is getting the PC version done.

Goes without saying i'm sure...but if you managed to be in the very first BWE/prepurchased through arenanet, you should be fine for the headstart right?

Yep, you'll be in for the 3d headstart.

Panda Rin

I ordered a Collector's edition last month from Amazon, but I cancelled the pre-order and downgraded to a digital deluxe. The code and account, however, are still active. Um...will Anet ever consider deleting these keys?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I despise underwater areas in MMOs. They're almost always filled with nasty creatures. I remember I was just starting out in WoW and must've been level 16 or something when I decided to explore the waters and got attacked by a level 30 hammerhead, it was downright horrifying.

Jira

I despise underwater areas in MMOs. They're almost always filled with nasty creatures. I remember I was just starting out in WoW and must've been level 16 or something when I decided to explore the waters and got attacked by a level 30 hammerhead, it was downright horrifying.

You'll love this game then. When you go into a downed state, you're supposed to swim to the surface to revive and the mobs will try to pull you back down. Though in all seriousness, there's no breathbar nor speed decrease when playing underwater and entirely separate weapons that make use of the 3D space.

Mike O' Brien (ANet CEO) uses Macs and would like to get a Mac client out at time point, the focus though is getting the PC version done.

That is fine I guess, but I hope they start on that after launch. It will definitely increase their player base and also make the game more accessible for students with Macbooks since on some days is simply inconvenient to return home. I guess I can just install Windows 7 on my mac with Boot Camp if I really get addicted.

I forgot it was fucking steve blum

I'll donate 10 dollars to someone who is on the fence about buying this within the next hour.

edit: Oh Retro :(

Sorry Hawkian, can I ask that you PM me, if and when you and Arken decide who to help out with a cheaper copy of the game? Even if it's not me. I'm just at Uni and it's hard to keep up with threads. Thank-you. :)

spk

How big have the recent patches been? My client is at 400mb/12% right now, with 11.7k files remaining. I think the last time I patched it was maybe a week ago.

boosh5

Banned
They ran out of keys, you can see "Standard + $5 Credit + Beta Access" is greyed out". When you switch to PC Download and then you can click it.

So for now only Digitial Edition gets you the 3 Day Early Access.

Negative. "Standard + $5 Credit + Beta Access" is being greyed out is because that is the listing for the standard version in the PC Download format. You choose the format and then the corresponding versions light up underneath. Has nothing to do with them being out of stock of anything in this case.

The standard physical edition still advertises 3 day early access and the special item, though until I get my email that remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom