• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

man fuck these personal quests, they throw dozens of enemies at you and the NPCs are completely useless and die in seconds and now they cant even disttract every enemy from coming at me

Deadly

Also, I wish more of the WvWvW talk on the forums and guru forums were about improving the WvW game and fixing some of the inherit issues it has rather than flame wars and cross-world alliance conspiracies.
I checked the WvW forum out and read about those earlier. It gave me quite a laugh hahaha

man fuck these personal quests, they throw dozens of enemies at you and the NPCs are completely useless and die in seconds and now they cant even disttract every enemy from coming at me

The best is when the npcs screw you by pulling mobs or using fear effect drawing all new aggros.

inky

Where would I go to to get exotic weapons to drop?

Level 70 - 80 areas, WvW maybe and I think there's a chance for them to appear on chests after big events.

I mean, I've never got one, but I remember reading that they do drop.

This game is fucking addictive...

It was 2:00 AM and I had about 6 hours of sleep left till my next class. Decided to at least take down the giant first. As soon as he fell down I lost track of time and continued to grind until my internet died for no reason. Saw that it was 5:30 and went to bed.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone tried using dual pistols with the Thief? Damage seems to be a bit lacking.

How does it work?

I know the blind field is pretty neat, but I mean other than that.

It is pretty lacking. What it does have for it is the range, and the dual skill hits a shit ton of times. So if you can synergize with stuff that benefits from lots of hits (like the heal on hit heal skill) you might find something that works.

Piecake

Yea, I really think they should have included a wide variety of gameplay options in the personal story. It would have made it feel like a true change of pace. I think they dropped the ball a bit by just relying on combat combat and more combat.

I checked the WvW forum out and read about those earlier. It gave me quite a laugh hahaha

I hope our server isnt complaining

It is pretty lacking. What it does have for it is the range, and the dual skill hits a shit ton of times. So if you can synergize with stuff that benefits from lots of hits (like the heal on hit heal skill) you might find something that works.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I've been using it; when health gets low or I get KO's but rally I'll switch over to guns and use the rapid shot to regen health quickly while keeping away.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, this is pretty much how I've been using it; when health gets low or I get KO's but rally I'll switch over to guns and use the rapid shot to regen health quickly while keeping away.

Unfortunately I think a lot of what could make it good is hampered by all the cooldowns on the "on hit" stuff. Something like Sigil of Superior strength (which doesn't have a cd) on one pistol and Sigil of Supeior Frality (which has no cd) on the other + lots of crit might make it nice.

Atomski

Can I join people on Euro servers when I am on an American server? I joined a group but dont see an option to go to where they are.

Know what would be awesome? If we could use the Trading Post via browser. I'm reading the thread now and by the time I get home I forget the stuff people have mentioned to buy. I occasionally remember to use a note taking software or email to myself but I always forget.

I'll join back to GW2 when they either allow me to customize weapon skills (extremely unlikely) or I can muster the strength to try out every class to find if maybe perhaps one of them has two satisfying weapons. I just find it so stupid that on the classes I've played the most (80 Guardian, 30 Thief, 30 Warrior and 30 Ranger) there are no two weapons for any of the classes where I actually feel like I could use or want to use all the five skills available. I wish every weapon had 10 or so skills instead of 5 and I could just choose which 5 to use so I felt like I wasn't running around pressing two or three buttons all the time :-(

As long time Guild Wars 1 player I find it hard not to compare it to this game (Gw1 is not Gw2) where in GW you could build your own "deck". In Gw2 they give you a starter deck (predetermined 5 skills) and some boosters (utility). Miss the range of options, the diversity of skills, the amount of choices but they went a different route.
So maybe in the future I can setup the 5 weapon skills, there are fun skills I like to have in my bar and skills I'm stuck with. Skills that fit and skills that don't.

Would really like if the auto attack (Default key: 1) was removed from the skill bar. I like that the auto attack is not a generic swing weapon, it actually has other abilities besides raw damage but don't like that it takes a slot. They could add a key for auto-attack and the description of the ability in the menu or skill bar.

Ferrio

Banned
So tried Dual pistol on hit thief in sPvP. On paper it sounds like it might work, but in game it's fucking useless. It doesn't do enough burst, which is the name of the game in PvP.

Don't see how you'd make dual pistol viable..

Sarcasm

So still waiting for the game to arrive so I can get my key. Is there a way to download and pre-install the game before that happens?

humm mes or ele..hummm

inky

I'm not liking my Ele too much. Seems like a lot of fiddling skill wise just to kill the trashiest of mobs, plus progressing through the story solo is too much of a chore. Might pay off at high levels, but right now I'm not feeling it.

Deadly

I'm not liking my Ele too much. Seems like a lot of fiddling skill wise just to kill the trashiest of mobs, plus progressing through the story solo is too much of a chore. Might pay off at high levels, but right now I'm not feeling it.
Doesn't payoff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

That's disappointing to hear. I wanted to start an elementalist alt because I wanted to play a light class instead of a heavy one again. Guess I'll start up a Mesmer alt.

Feep

Banned
What's Level 80 PvE effectiveness per class looking like right now? I started Ele, but I think I like Thief more. 10 skills are much easier to use effectively than 20.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Note: I like the weapon system tied to skills but...

Who thinks ANet will add more skills tied to weapons and expand utility and elite skills? I love that there's only 10 skills to use, but, as was said, a "deck" of skills to choose from would be pretty cool. As long as they are balanced (and even then ANet could just lock the original skills as the only options for sPVP).

Piecake

Highest DPS, from what I've seen, isn't that important and not as easy to tell. Since you don't get to stand still and churn out your hardest hitting abilities that often, DPS depends on situations and your ability to adapt. You may have a build that does a ton of condition damage and then face a boss that cleanses conditions and heals for every condition cleansed. You may then have to change to a lower blank-state damage build, but gain in effectiveness.

Oh god, that freakin SE second golem. I was running a condition pistol build on my engineer at the time :(

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Nobody? Tried searching and can't seem to find an answer..

You eventually will. As soon as guesting is enabled, you or your friend can guest onto one another's servers and play through PvE content together. Note: guesting cannot be used for WvW or sPvP.

Violet_0

Banned
aaand I hit lvl 80 with my second character (Mesmer)

j4FOOzzPcFZHF.jpg

the armor is a mix of exotics, cultural tier 1-3 and Order of Whisper pieces

inky

Finally crafted my Mystic Sword. Can't believe it cost 50 Skill Points. It was around 3 gold as well, due to some... unforeseen issues. I think I liked my Norn cultural rare skin better, but the damage and crit chance are nice. Need to adjust to losing 120 vitality tho!

k2sr9.jpg

Acerac

Banned
Servers going down for a 60 minute maintenance in about 16 minutes. Just a heads up.

Almost got to level 10 in spvp before it went down.

PvP as a mesmer seems fun, but I can't seem to get any burst going. I know mesmers aren't made to burst but I seem somewhat lacking in fights where I don't have my ult.

For reference, my main pvp character up til now has been warrior. I suppose it is tough to match that burst.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I started to look into legendary weapon crafting now that I hit 80.

Wow. Can't decide if it's insanely motivating to play on or if it's annoying as hell. But so far it's a great motivation :) Started with "Project 100% map completion" first, since it seems to be the easiest of what I have to do (oh god) and picking up every item, event and enemy on the way, already found places I've never been before in the freaking Charr starter areas.

If only I wasn't so easily distractable and keep running off to interesting looking places.

Loginius

aaand I hit lvl 80 with my second character (Mesmer)

Picture

the armor is a mix of exotics, cultural tier 1-3 and Order of Whisper pieces

Looks Awesome.

I really like the look of craftable lvl80 exotic-light gear.
(its very detailed, jet you still look like a humen and youre not! half naked)
ibrTq4pNQUsbsf.png

The shoulder-part is boring tho and the headpiece is not visible with the hairstyle I chose so Im still wearing the Masterwork pieces untill I have enough tokens/karma for something nicer.

Aquila

duno, Im tearing through sPvP, Dungeons, Mobs and my personal Story with the d/d - cantrip and boon build.

I think I'm going to switch my elementalist build (currently glass cannon 30/10/30 fire, water, arcane) to that d/d boon build. Does it work okay with different traits and a staff in wvw zergs?
I love the profession but I just feel that something is missing from it; other classes just seem to be able to do just as much without being held back attunements and general squishyness.

I'm beginning to suffer from alt-itis. I want a thief but they're everywhere already. Engineer versatility is great, but they have no weapon or kit aesthetics to speak of. Etc, etc.

Acerac

Banned
I think I'm going to switch my elementalist build (currently glass cannon 30/10/30 fire, water, arcane) to that d/d boon build. Does it work okay with different traits and a staff in wvw zergs?
I love the profession but I just feel that something is missing from it; other classes just seem to be able to do just as much without being held back attunements and general squishyness.

I'm beginning to suffer from alt-itis. I want a thief but they're everywhere already. Engineer versatility is great, but they have no weapon or kit aesthetics to speak of. Etc, etc.

Rolling alts doesn't hurt anyone. Copper sells for a good amount.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about transferring off my current server to join my friends, have they opened up the server pop. capacities or are all the servers locked still? Anyone know?

Wunder

Getting a bit annoyed at my Engineer's dps and my playstyle with him. I have been going dual pistols but I recently picked up a rifle that was a good dps increase so I switched to that, but I really, really dislike the rifle's control-focused skills so I'm thinking of swapping back to pistols. With my current playstyle (pistols + elixirs) I feel like I'm only using my 5 skills and just using elixirs whenever they're up, but it still feels like the most efficient way of levelling, compared to turrets or grenades.

Is there a better way of going about things? Or is Engineer maybe just not for me?

Ken

Finally crafted my Mystic Sword. Can't believe it cost 50 Skill Points. It was around 3 gold as well, due to some... unforeseen issues. I think I liked my Norn cultural rare skin better, but the damage and crit chance are nice. Need to adjust to losing 120 vitality tho!

wut. Aren't Mystic Weapons cheap on TP?

I thought about grabbing a Mystic GS but I saw a bunch of people with one so I decided to transmute my Ebonblade into the Breath of Flame and Peril instead.

Loginius

works very well from my experince.
Im running 10/10/10/30 and for zerks I swap the last arcane trait that normaly causes a attunement specific spell on dodge to cause larger staff aoe.

You will of course do a little less damage than with a 30fire build, not that it actually matters in a zerk.

That said daggers arent useless in WvW.
In sieges I like to load up crunching earth on top of the wall, use teleport to get right into all the foes waiting down below just before it hits , unleashing it unto them all, then use my evade (to cause one more crunching earth) and knockbacks and finally use cleansing fire (to get rid of some conditions that will probably hit as soon as you step outside) + mist form to get out of there almost unharmed.

In battles with less than ~10-20 people I would not bother switching to staff, get in there cause havoc, get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom