• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
wintersday is dec 14-jan 3rd.

and yes, dont zone with a char. you won't be able to logon with them.
542857_10151215910629209_181568710_n.jpg

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

Proven

To everyone who only does casual sPVP and has limited bag space - avoid completing the PVP Monthly.

In addition to the award being 5 days worth of daily's, it grants 5 PVP salvage kits. That's 5 slots occupied by something I have never used in my life. :-/
If you're not going to use them, just destroy em. They're cheap to rebuy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
december 14th is like barely over 2 weeks away. two weeks from friday. mannnn so much stuff
That thing looks way too ominous to be just a joy giving airship.

I sense foul play.
Guesses as to which Lion's Arch landmark will be cruelly destroyed this time?

Someone protect our tavern..

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Don't touch the TP guys, it's messed up/on fire. Ate 12 of my gold and everyone is losing their stuff on it,

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't touch the TP guys, it's messed up/on fire. Ate 12 of my gold and everyone is losing their stuff on it,
:O

12 gold holy shit! I remember reading that the TP operates on a secure queue but the processing of requests in it can get mixed up, so hopefully the transactions will complete eventually. I'll cross my fingers for you, that is terrible!

Rawk Hawk

december 14th is like barely over 2 weeks away. two weeks from friday. mannnn so much stuff

I'll make the obvious guess of a crash landing where the lion use to be, I wonder if it will be partial erected by then only to have the ship crash into it. Would be sort of comical, lol.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think the mailing system is down probably. That's why people aren't getting their items or money from black lion at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll make the obvious guess of a crash landing where the lion use to be, I wonder if it will be partial erected by then only to have the ship crash into it. Would be sort of comical, lol.
Lol... opening cinematic for the event:

Panaroma of the clear skies above Lion's Arch pans down to the newly-refinished Lion statue in the Grand Piazza, draped in a giant white tarp. Members of the Lionguard pull off the curtain to reveal a gleaming golden figure, even more majestic than the original. Applause and cheering all around.

A giant metal blimp then plummets to earth out of nowhere, crashing right into the center of the square and sending the brand-new Lion's head flying until it embeds itself into the karka-wrought stump of the lighthouse.

Ashodin

Panaroma of the clear skies above Lion's Arch pans down to the newly-refinished Lion statue in the Grand Piazza, draped in a giant white tarp. Members of the Lionguard pull off the curtain to reveal a gleaming golden figure, even more majestic than the original. Applause and cheering all around.

A giant metal blimp then plummets to earth out of nowhere, crashing right into the center of the square and sending the brand-new Lion's head flying until it embeds itself into the karka-wrought stump of the lighthouse.

LIONHOUSE... BRILLIANT!

Rawk Hawk

Hahaha, love it. That would be great. I was actually thinking more along the lines of the wooden supports were up, maybe the framework of a the Lion. Either way, I hope the NPC workers in Lion's Arch that were building it are around so I can chat with them to hear them grumble about it all. /crosses fingers

jersoc

anet figures cause of fotm people are hanging out in LA too much and not in the world. So they are going to bombard LA and just lay it out. That's a blimp of death, people.

We then will have a 4 hour event where the mobs have 4 hp bars and 8 waves of reinforcements to fend off at the same time. then we'll have go out in the world collect all the wood and ore we can to rebuild it. just before we finish santa appears as the final boss and everyone dc's before killing him and gets no loot.

/scene

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha.. actually, temporarily barring access to LA would actually be a great, radical way to convey a sense of true danger and urgency for an event; like a step further than the Asura gates not working during the Karka invasion. The community would have to establish a new place to congregate in the meantime, and the Portal in the mists could teleport you to like a Pact staging area or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Usual who?

Soph, Hawkian, Ash, Finn and I finished off 10 this morning so we're up to 11 now. Mmmm... chickens. Sorry Hawk.
Haha. All is forgiven. Did we actually get that achievement?

Jade maw agony sure is tough on my squishy lil self

pyrandes

I am guessing with Thanksgiving having just passed and school starting back up, the momentum will be slow rolling for a little bit.

yeah, basically this. It'll prob pick up for a week or two (around winter's day starting 12/14) then die down for the holidays, to be back in full force after New Years

Levyne

Banned
Woo, finally played a bit today. Only did 1 low level fotm run but they're fun so it's still awesome.

I wanna do 12 tomorrow, finally push forward again; If anyone else wants to. But I'll pretty much do any level.

Wallach

The events have been burning me out, honestly. I've been taking breaks in between them fairly consistently. After scheduling my day around live events, struggling with lag and bugs, and more importantly having a ton of fun dumping hours into GAF runs on Mumble, I usually need a break once things settle.

You all better be crawling back to the game when I do!

Yeah I played a shit ton in the couple weeks up to Lost Shores and then certain there some after, so I'm taking a week or so playing some other stuff.

KuroNeeko

Wow, crafting Exotics in this game ain't no joke.

I sat down at looked at my mats at hand and what I needed to finally craft The Crossing. Not counting what you need to unlock the recipes you need -

2000 Candy Corn (no problem)
540 Orichalcum Ore
100 Crystal Lodestones
40 Globs of Ectoplasm
20 Onyx Lodestones
100 Mystic Coins

and this is just the stuff that you can buy.

After that you still need -

Gift of Knowledge
Eldritch Scroll

You can cut down on Onyx Lodestones if you can manage to rip Superior Sigils of Night off of exotics.

Looking at costs it seems like the above will require well over 100 gold. Check the listing for The Crossing aaaaand 31 sell / 25 buy. :/

I've been spending a few days looking at Legendaries and trying to plan which one I want to get for each character but, if The Crossing is giving me trouble then I probably should even think about Bifrost or Dawn.

Exotics / Legendaries aren't messing around.

Ashodin

I'm also taking a little break (excited for Wintersday though) by playing SWTOR for the story now that it's F2P, and working on my game, Mr. Wave:

X76ar.png

Forkball

Some of the voice acting recordings for this game are terrible. Microsoft Sam terrible.

THERE IS NO PROFIT IN THE ETERNAL ALCHEMY
I CAN RUN FASTER THAN A CENTAUR
IT'S A BAD DAY TO MAKE WINE... BUT IT'S A GREAT DAY TO DRINK IT
ALL THINGS HAVE A RIGHT TO GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom