• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Hidden Garden is gorgeous and taught me the word cantle. The Metrica Province one is damn hard, with legitimate checkpoints. It's pretty unique.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My most hated of all jumping puzzles so far has been the shitty skipping stones one in southsun. Man fuck that one.

Wow so much stuff coming this December. So happy I'm off work so I can farm the air ship nonstop.

Interesting that they mention "balance" being a factor in the jumping puzzle. Wonder if the platforms will tip if you are not centered.

Ashodin

Wow so much stuff coming this December. So happy I'm off work so I can farm the air ship nonstop.

Interesting that they mention "balance" being a factor in the jumping puzzle. Wonder if the platforms will tip if you are not centered.

One of the screenshots shows an Asura on the sides of one of the platforms and its tipping over. So you probably got that on the nose. Rudolph nose.

Retro

Based on the descriptions, it sounds like there will be a new toy for each race. Hopefully you can get all 5 and it isn't restricted (if it is, I expect plenty of bitching to follow).

My most hated of all jumping puzzles so far has been the shitty skipping stones one in southsun. Man fuck that one.

Use a skill / bring someone that grants Stability. You can take a full blast from one of the geysers and not be knocked down, and generally the difference in height will allow you to jump back onto the last geyser's stones and then proceed onward.

Alternatively, make friends with a Mesmer who's good at jumping.

Ashodin

Based on the descriptions, it sounds like there will be a new toy for each race. Hopefully you can get all 5 and it isn't restricted (if it is, I expect plenty of bitching to follow).

Use a skill / bring someone that grants Stability. You can take a full blast from one of the geysers and not be knocked down, and generally the difference in height will allow you to jump back onto the last geyser's stones and then proceed onward.

Alternatively, make friends with a Mesmer who's good at jumping.

Alternatively alternatively, watch Wallach and I do it who are the Gods of Jumping

ALSO: Wahh Norns get the best toy it turns into each of the spirits of the wild my asura toy is only a golem wahhhh

usea

I will be upset if there isn't a super crazy jumping puzzle for wintersday, like the clocktower. Preferably one where you're in an instance with other people, on a timer, so I can show off.

edit: just saw the website. I'm happy there is a jp at least. But the event is shorter than I thought. I'll miss the first three days for sure. :(

I will be upset if there isn't a super crazy jumping puzzle for wintersday, like the clocktower. Preferably one where you're in an instance with other people, on a timer, so I can show off.

edit: just saw the website. I'm happy there is a jp at least. But the event is shorter than I thought. I'll miss the first three days for sure. :(

You won't miss anything because everything will be available after the 20th anyway.

KuroNeeko

Hey Hawkian,

I don't want to sound like a Scrooge or anything, but if you're going to post a money guide, maybe we ought to make that a GAFGuild exclusive. I'm not sure what your post entails, so it might be internet-friendly, but if you're going to give specifics then our own guild website might be a good idea.

I mean, dayum, last night we were talking gold strategies and NO ONE was willing to share their secrets. It was all, "Yeah, I'll let you know what I did once I finish my legendary." I don't blame them though;D

edit:

Anyone know of a TP tracker website other than Spidy? It's down for some reason. :(

KuroNeeko

Here's my gold making strategy:

figure out the trading post

???

profit

That's what I've been doing and have had some success. Clearly you with your Passion Fruit, and a few other guys here, have the mindset to really work it though. I've probably only made about 14ish gold in 4 weeks. Started with 1 gold and have been investing some of it into gems and research.

I probably don't have nearly enough gems to buy everything I'll want during Wintersday though. :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's actually pretty easy if you use the shortcut. Avoids about 4/5s of the geyser part.

Well shit, I didn't know there was a shortcut. Oh well, finished it, never doing it again :p

That's what I've been doing and have had some success. Clearly you with your Passion Fruit, and a few other guys here, have the mindset to really work it though. I've probably only made about 14ish gold in 4 weeks. Started with 1 gold and have been investing some of it into gems and research.

I probably don't have nearly enough gems to buy everything I'll want during Wintersday though. :(

Yeah the TP is definitely the way to go if you want to make money. Unfortunately it's hard to share any of the best ways to do it because increased competition would certainly kill most of them.

nataku

The instance bugs in this game really piss me off. I found an HotW and everyone other than me went in to the instance and got in just fine. I went through the portal and was presented with the option for explorable or story mode, instead of the normal join your group prompt. The game threw me in a new instance, of course, separate from my party.

I re-logged trying to fix it, but that didn't work.
Switching to an alt didn't fix it.
Leaving the group and being re-invited didn't work, but did get me the join your party prompt. It still threw me in a new instance though.
Leaving the group, re-logging, and then being re-invited didn't fix it.

Eventually the group just decided to 4 man it, thinking I could wait for them to finish a path and then try to get me into the next path they were doing. Waiting around for 30+ minutes while they struggled with 4 people didn't sound like a good use of my time, though.

I have no idea why they didn't just decide to exit, disband the group and try again, but oh well.

Retro

I have no idea why they didn't just decide to exit, disband the group and try again, but oh well.

That seems to be a common problem with HotW, I file a bug report every time it happens, which has been 3 or 4 times. What you suggested, disbanding and reforming, usually works. Was it a PUG? I think most GAFfers know how to fix it and are willing to wait.

Does suck though.

nataku

That seems to be a common problem with HotW, I file a bug report every time it happens, which has been 3 or 4 times. What you suggested, disbanding and reforming, usually works. Was it a PUG? I think most GAFfers know how to fix it and are willing to wait.

Does suck though.

Yeah, it was. Good to know that fixes it though for next time.

I managed to find another group about 30 minutes ago but now Cox decided it would be an awesome idea to kill my Internet, lol. It's been 15 minutes and it still isn't up yet.

Bad day all around. Car battery dies and leaves me no way to get to work, instance problems preventing me from starting dungeons, and now my Internet dies in the middle of a run. Wonder what's next.

leng jai

Disbanding and reforming doesn't always work in my experience. Porting to another instance, entering/exiting it and then going back to your original instance usually works.

Arcteryx

Hey Hawkian,

I don't want to sound like a Scrooge or anything, but if you're going to post a money guide, maybe we ought to make that a GAFGuild exclusive. I'm not sure what your post entails, so it might be internet-friendly, but if you're going to give specifics then our own guild website might be a good idea.

I mean, dayum, last night we were talking gold strategies and NO ONE was willing to share their secrets. It was all, "Yeah, I'll let you know what I did once I finish my legendary." I don't blame them though;D

edit:

Anyone know of a TP tracker website other than Spidy? It's down for some reason. :(

I've been using guildwarstrade to great success.

As far as making gold goes: the most consistent methods are dungeons/fractals. AC + omnom = easy money; however I feel like fractals end up netting more with all the cores/lodestones you can get in chests.

That said, you can definitely make money via the TP, but it is MUCH riskier and the returns are not always that great.

Monitoring sites like spidy/guildwarstrade for recipes/items is a great way to make a couple gold a day. Check out the recipe section on gwt an see what kind of profit you can make with your profession. Check out prices for MF'ing cores into lodestones, as lately there has been some serious cash to be made when MF'ing cores(I have routinely been making anywhere from 15s-1g30s per lodestone depending on how wild the market is). Beyond that, check out what exotics/pres are in demand, see what kind of buyorders are available and what that item usually sells for. Sometimes you can make a quick buck there as well(see below, I could have flipped The Anomaly for an easy 70-80g profit, as the ones posted today for 200-250 sold out pretty quickly).

On another note: today was a GREAT day. Not only did I find an Abyss dye shortly before bed, but I ended up scoring The Anomaly for a RIDICULOUSLY low price(120g buyorder vs normal prices of 150-300g). Don't know whether the seller made a goof(mats alone are close to 90g, plus all the skillpoints required for it...) or just was in holiday spirits, but whatever, I'm happy :).

etiolate

Banned
Man, they really stuff all the story missions towards the end. It's like a mission ever few levels and then its like 20 of them at level 78.

If you got a lot of mystic coins, karma, ecto, skill points and you want a legendary in the future, start doing the Mystic Clover recipe because you always get T6 mats, lodestones or mystic clovers.

If you don't need lodestones for your legendary you can make a lot of money just selling them on tp and once you get your 250 stacks of fine t6 mats you can start selling the extras which makes you a lot of money as well.

Also start an alt and play them as you played your main (ie collect all the things). After he passes certain level sell all the crafting mats you are not using, just keep t6 stuff if you need armour but sell everything.

Always list your it's at higher price then lowest price if there aren't that many listed for the lowest.

SteveWD40

So how is this game to jump into now (EU)?

I was a bit put off by a lot of talk of hacking and the fact the Gaf EU guild didn't have enough players to sustain (as opposed to early WoW when there would be several guilds easily).

How is the hacking? Does the mobile authenticator work? I heard some cases where people were hacked with it and Anet being dicks about it...

How is the EU community now, I don't fancy playing on a US server latency or not due to the time zones.

EU is fine. Not entirely sure about the hacking issue as I haven't been aware of it. Servers seem decent enough though generally everyone does stay around Lion's Forge (think Ironforge) at the moment as that's where the latest content is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian,

edit:

Hm, I was thinking it could be for general internet consumption. Not sure now, you make a compelling point.

edit: Snowballs yes yes yes!

edit:
*reads*
*sad I would miss the Sylvari and Human city events this year*
*keeps reading*
"So, stop by, play through all the previous toy events inside the workshop"
Yay!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So since I'll be able to play tonight/tomorrow, what are the biggest changes that have occurred over the past 2 weeks (since Decemeber 1 I guess)?

E: Not trying I sound lazy, I'm just not at a computer until late and want to get some info up front!

Are you serious? Ferrah CoF path 1 seems the easiest to me!

If the team aren't retards with teleporting back to the first WP then Magg is easy. If the team aren't retards with the pillars then Ferrah is easy.

It's much easier for the team to be not retarded on pillars than the Magg fire field event.

If the team aren't retards with teleporting back to the first WP then Magg is easy. If the team aren't retards with the pillars then Ferrah is easy.

It's much easier for the team to be not retarded on pillars than the Magg fire field event.

This I will agree with. I've just been so used to running CoF Path 1 with Retro and Shin that we finish that dungeon in about 15 minutes at most.

Ashodin

So since I'll be able to play tonight/tomorrow, what are the biggest changes that have occurred over the past 2 weeks (since Decemeber 1 I guess)?

E: Not trying I sound lazy, I'm just not at a computer until late and want to get some info up front!

Update - 05 December 2012
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where the Cultists would not reset correctly on party wipe at scale 10+ in the final boss fight.
Changed certain player transformations to not remove Trait related stat boosts when active.
The weapons obtained by Bandit Cutpurses by their "Steal" skill should now appropriately be used up when they use the skill the weapon grants.
Update 2 - 03 December 2012
Fixed a client crash that would occur when using the dye panel whilst transformed
Reverted a change to the jump mechanic that impacted the timing of jumps
Update - 03 December 2012
General

Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repairing armor while transformed.
Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.
Weapon skills will now properly display their PvP and PvE split variants in the Weapon Skills tab of the Hero Panel instead of displaying both.
Fixed a bug that would allow users to "Spam Jump" to scale walls and other obstacles.
Events

Fixed a bug that caused NPCs not to resurrect other NPCs in various Orr events.
Fixed a bug that caused Warmaster Jofast and her caravan to not advance properly through Cursed Shore.
Fixed a rare bug that could prevent the event "Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill" in Diessa Plateau from progressing.
Fixed a bug that could potentially prevent progress with the event "Protect Orl's research krewe" in Metrica Province.
Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event "Stop the Inquest operatives from kidnapping adventurers" in Sparkfly Fen.
Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event "Raid the Separatist camp with the Warhound Village veterans" in Iron Marches.
Fixed a bug that could prevent displaced spirits from rejoining their bodies in Iron Marches.
Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event "Protect the armory from the Flame Legion" in Plains of Ashford.
Fixed a bug that would prevent "Ireta the Smasher" from team switching correctly during the event "Prevent a brawl between the three legions".
Fixed a bug that prevented Suwash from confronting Captain Jetsam in Lornar's Pass in the event "Defeat Captain Jetsam".
Fixed a bug that preventing events from running properly near Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale.
Fixed a bug causing skritt thieves to stop stealing harpy eggs in Harathi Hinterlands.
Fixed a bug that caused Crusader Soma to give up searching for the lost caravan in Timberline Falls.
Dungeon

Caudicus's[sic] Manor

Fixed a bug that allowed users to skip to all the bosses of the Butler path.
Crucible of Eternity

Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl's armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.
Ascalonian Catacombs

Detha's Path: Fixed a problem with Detha's script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
Hodgin's Path: Fixed a problem in Hodgin's script at the "Collect scepter fragments" event that prevented the event from starting.
Detha's Path: Fixed a bug that caused the Ghostly Oozes not to use their basic attack properly, and spend a large amount of time loitering around players instead of attacking them.
Sorrow's Embrace

Fixed multiple problematic doors would not open and close when intended.
Twilight Arbor

Fixed a bug where Morrigu could die after defeating the final boss before the cinematic could start, which would break the dungeon and prevent players from receiving the final reward.
The Ruined City of Arah

Seer Path: Fixed an exploit where rangers using longbows could trivialize a fight by attacking at max range, and the Melandru boss would not fight back.
Fractals of the Mists

Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.
Personal Story

Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
The story step "Forewarned is Forearmed" has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
The story step "Time for a Promotion" has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
The story step "Silent Warfare" has had the difficulty adjusted.
The story step "The Artist's Workshop" has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
Players who completed the sylvari "mirror" storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step "Through the Looking Glass".
World vs. World

Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses. Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.
Structured PvP

Heart of the Mists: Added light, medium, and heavy PvP Underwater Mask items to the PvP Armorsmith.
Battle of Kyhlo: The hit box on the trebuchets has been decreased so that they are less vulnerable to certain AoE skills.
Legacy of the Foefire: The red guild lord and his guards have been repositioned to more closely match the blue side.
Forest of Niflhel: Fixed incorrect names on the archer NPCs that guard each base.
Removed slots in the PvP locker for the Rawhide armor pieces, as they are not obtainable as PvP rewards.
PvP locker now can store consumable finishers up to rank 6, glory boosters, PvP salvage kits, and tournament tickets.
Items

Updated the names of the level 80 rare armorsmithing boxes to match the names of the items they contain.
Runes of Balthazar and Runes of Orrian now properly apply quickness when the player is struck and below 20% health.
Updated Knight's Jewel so that it appropriately grants Power rather than Toughness.
Updated the ingredients required to craft satchels and boxes of armor to match the ingredients required to craft the individual pieces contained within.
Commerce

Fixed an issue with the Boxing Glove skills remaining when players swap to armor from town clothes.
Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.
Fixed Krait Tonic second skill description.
Fixed missing nightmare medium icons and pants using gloves icons.
Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit added to the Black Lion Chest as rare rewards.
Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.
Profession

Elementalist

Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.

Dragon's Tooth: This skill's blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character's location.

Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.

Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill's interaction with

Signet of Restoration.

Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.

Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player's skillbar being empty.
Engineer

Toss Elixir C: This skill's underwater cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds to match the land recharge.

Elixir S: Fixed a bug that would cause this skill to go on normal recharge when Fast-Acting Elixirs is equipped.

Smoke Bomb: Cleaned up skill facts.
Guardian

Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.
Mesmer

Updated the description for

Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through "Blur", instead of "Distortion".
Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.

Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.
Ranger

Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.
Thief

Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
Using a stolen bundle item should no longer destroy a bundle being wielded in their hands.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes

The background texture for UI windows was changed.
A bug was introduced where jumping could become delayed or unresponsive (fixed in second update).
Dyes are no longer overridden in PvP.
A bug was introduced where progress in Through the Looking Glass is blocked for Sylvari players who completed the Orrian mirror storyline.
Bugs were introduced with changes to Fractals of the Mists
The Cultists in Cliffside Fractal do not always reset correctly in the final boss fight.
Players are no longer able to skip the first two plates in Underground Facility Fractal by jumping through the control panel wall from outside.
It is no longer possible to skip the leftmost barricade in Urban Battlegrounds Fractal by walking on the city wall.
wall o text

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CoF path 1 is the fastest and easiest dungeon path in the game.

Class changes mostly, basically all good ones. They also added makeover kits to the gem shop. And um they fixed Bjarl in CoE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey folks!
Here’s the update. I talked with folks about the discrepancy between the defensive Simple Infusion and Versatile Simple Infusion cost differences and application, and we all came to the conclusion that a more fair vendor solution is the following:
-Remove the Simple Infusion for defensive slots from the vendor (currently costs 75 tokens)
-Lower the cost of the Versatile Simple Infusion to 75 tokens (from 225).
Since the versatile can fill both the defensive/offensive slots, we found this to be the least confusing resolution to the problem. There won’t be any refunds (to my knowledge) to the people who bought the Versatile Simple Infusion for 225 tokens.
it begins.

I've been farming dungeons pretty heavily lately to try and finish up some gear on a few of my characters, although lately it seems like more people are interested in fractals than normal runs so it can be difficult to find groups at times.

If you guys are ever short a dungeon slot, throw me a /tell on Xaric Endryn, and I'd be more than happy to tag along.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been farming dungeons pretty heavily lately to try and finish up some gear on a few of my characters, although lately it seems like more people are interested in fractals than normal runs so it can be difficult to find groups at times.

If you guys are ever short a dungeon slot, throw me a /tell on Xaric Endryn, and I'd be more than happy to tag along.
Are you in the guild? We run lots of dungeons, and it actually seems like the normal vs. fractal ratio is starting to pick back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom