• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I basically held off getting any actual agony resistance because I haven't needed it yet. So indeed: practice discretion in all things and for the love of god, don't pursue Ascended gear/infusions/whatever if you're going to be pissed when it becomes easier to get later on.

Katoki

Being on the losing side of RNG makes me a winner I suppose. Haven't had the need to buy any of those agony resist socketables because I haven't anything to put it into.

Abandond

I purchased two of the 275 token infusions ;_;.

Well, it's better than my friend spending 25 gold to infuse his ring to get +5 precision, lol.

Ashodin

Also:

79bVr.jpg

Some guy on reddit posted his tests with Juggernaut the Hammer Legendary, and said a blank canvas works the best (ie, Celestial Dye) to bring out the ambient light (which is what Juggernaut uses to color your armor). Needless to say, it looks fucking amazing

Abandond

Guild Wars 2

I will tell you the mantra of this game.

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE

Believe in it, love it.

Definitely, when I was just farming for my legendary, I got so burnt out. Now I just do whatever I want and get my legendary materials that way (fractals really really helped with this).

And yeah, Juggernaut is awesome, I think eles should be able to use hammers. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, that post was fucking outstanding:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14o9xf/the_juggernaut_and_ambient_light/

My favorite is the way it looks in the Black Citadel and HotW:

Truly legendary.
Definitely, when I was just farming for my legendary, I got so burnt out. Now I just do whatever I want and get my legendary materials that way (fractals really really helped with this).
Working toward my Book of Secrets (well... my quiver but whatever, what's done is done!) I would say I farmed about 20% total of the mats I used. That 20% was farmed in four different locations depending on what I felt like so I didn't get bored (though the skelks will always have my heart <3). I didn't need to be told to do this... it just seemed like the obvious way not to go crazy on the long road to 250. I also didn't view the experience of farming in a vacuum ("I am here for this one item only!!!!!"). People who partied up with me in Southsun know that I would frequently head back to LA simply when I had earned enough stuff to sell and add up to 50 Potent bloods- enough for a batch of the Mystic Forge promotion recipe to Powerful.

I think maybe I don't have the "right" mindset to for the complaints in this arena. There's a thread on the official wastelands entitled "Are we not allowed to get gold?" which made me heartily laugh. I seem to be one of the few people who consider it painfully obvious that gold has become markedly easier to get the longer the game has been out. Indeed, the market seems to completely support this theory. Both total gold in the economy and demand have gone up across the board resulting in inflation; supply has gone down due to the massacre of bots and prices on rare materials have risen. Some things are definitely very expensive, more expensive than they're worth in many cases. But being able to reliably earn gold in a number of ways is not the problem.

Ashodin

Does the effect stay at all if you swap weapons?

Nope. But when you pull it out, it's GO TIME bitches.

What I mean is that every time you pull out that legendary it re-spreads the metallic substance over your armor. So you always look badass doing it.

Katoki

Also:

Some guy on reddit posted his tests with Juggernaut the Hammer Legendary, and said a blank canvas works the best (ie, Celestial Dye) to bring out the ambient light (which is what Juggernaut uses to color your armor). Needless to say, it looks fucking amazing

Any idea what sword skin on the thief?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any idea what sword skin on the thief?
Sad to say everyone in that picture has a legendary.

edit: Question-

Dungeon token rewards- weapons and armor, rare and exotic- can be salvaged, or put into the mystic forge
Karma rewards- armor (I dunno about exotic karma weapons, they have em in Orr?), exotic- can't be salvaged but can be mystic forged?

Anybody know if that's all right?

Vossler

Hey guys, how does one go about transforming a core into a lodestone? Isn't there a recipe of some sort that has to do with the forge?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
says the only member of the guild to have a legendary, bahahah
Hey guys, how does one go about transforming a core into a lodestone? Isn't there a recipe of some sort that has to do with the forge?
Bear in mind- your profit must exceed the 25s you need to spend on the wine, or else it's better to just sell both cores.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is it wrong to use the pact explosives to blow people up when you don't want them to kill jormag so fast? :D

Also:

Decision to get Juggernaut - reaffirmed.

Katoki

Internet and cable goes out right after I go "LFM CoF1." At least I have a fairly padded Steam account for offline mode to keep me company.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you REALLY want to know:
LHUZh.png

Only the cores seem to be profitable. Most of the T6 mats are better off just straight up buying.
The hell is a crystal core O.O

I wouldn't recommend buying any cores at all. Just make the profitable ones into lodestones when you get two.

edit: I was thinking about Destroyer, not Corrupted

Taffer

I noticed tonight that you can now stack the +Magic Find Nourishment buff from food with the +Condition Damage Nourishment buff from tuning crystals. I tried this months ago and one would overwrite the other, I am now a happy bunny.

SteveWD40

Took the plunge using the GMG code (so £29), will install tonight then hammer it this weekend.

Grabbed and set up the google authenticator as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well is there much difference in latency between EU and US servers (UK)? would love to play with Gaf but not if it means pings in the hundreds...

Thinking Ranger to start.
I don't know enough about it to give you a definitive answer; however we do have quite a few EU players on SBI with us.

etiolate

Banned
That sums up a lot of dungeon highs and lows. Some great stuff leading up to a fight and then the fight just sort of being there.

I got to say that the mechanics for Zhaitan felt like there was something more that was supposed to be going on. Why can we even change the angle of the lasers if it doesn't matter?

r4z4

Well is there much difference in latency between EU and US servers (UK)? would love to play with Gaf but not if it means pings in the hundreds...

Thinking Ranger to start.

Playing on US server from London U.K and latency is absolutely fine for me. Welcome abroad!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the lead up to the fight is so good that I was willing to forgive the actual fight for being so lame.
I got to say that the mechanics for Zhaitan felt like there was something more that was supposed to be going on.
It's almost inexplicable. I think that Arah is actually one of the most consistently great story mode dungeons... until what should be the most climactic fight in the game.

It really does feel like there's an entire layer of that fight that's missing- something that would force two people to rotate onto the cannons at any given time or whatever, and have to aim to hit weak spots. I don't know. It's just so weird and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom