• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Does everyone have strafe bound to A and D and use just the mouse to turn? Experimenting with the controls.

Yeah, that's how I have mine set. I've been pondering setting up a way to reverse RMB behavior (i.e. permanent mouse-look, hold RMB to get cursor mode).

Retro

So has this truly been the Year of the Dragon? Did GW2 deliver?

Not really, considering we didn't even get our hands on the game until the end of August. If January and February are as big as they are alluding, and the monthly update cycle continues, then 2013 will be for sure.

Nope it wasn't dead. It just feels dead whenever I go on there...

I try to get on every night at the very least. Lately I've been only getting on for a few quick dungeon runs before bed, just because I've had other stuff to do. That should change tomorrow.

Eeek, if you've been away long enough you haven't tried Fractals, you'll definitely find plenty worth seeing. Try not to PUG fractals though, GAF Group > PUG Group... by a lot.

I'll keep that in mind, I was removed from the guild due to inactivity(which is reasonable).

Retro

I'll keep that in mind, I was removed from the guild due to inactivity(which is reasonable).

Yep, we were creeping up on 500 members again. Whisper any of the officers (Ferny,Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Ashodin Venteal, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif or Wallach) to get in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does everyone have strafe bound to A and D and use just the mouse to turn? Experimenting with the controls.
I have strafe bound to the left analog stick and turn bound to the right analog stick ;)

We shouldn't have to do another major culling for quite a while, so you are more than welcome back!
Yeah, that's how I have mine set. I've been pondering setting up a way to reverse RMB behavior (i.e. permanent mouse-look, hold RMB to get cursor mode).
If you'd like, this is a pretty simple reversal of one of the aspects of our AutoHotKey script, could almost certainly walk you through it if you're willing to use AHK.

BrettWeir

Oh hey, neat. Wintersday event. More amazing PvE content. Hopefully the class updates will be as rewarding as they were the last major patch for Rangers and Engineers.

Oh wait. It's all pretty much all bullshit.

Sorry, ANet has fed PvP'ers pure shit since day 1.

Yes, I'm bitter.

I try to get on every night at the very least. Lately I've been only getting on for a few quick dungeon runs before bed, just because I've had other stuff to do. That should change tomorrow.

I know. You and hawk are on, but Hawk is always on AFK room. Hopefully there will be a lot more people on mumble for the event that is coming up on Friday.

Ferny

Oh hey, neat. Wintersday event. More amazing PvE content. Hopefully the class updates will be as rewarding as they were the last major patch for Rangers and Engineers.

Oh wait. It's all pretty much all bullshit.

Sorry, ANet has fed PvP'ers pure shit since day 1.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Cheer up sport!

KuroNeeko

Woke up this morning before I was hit with this Stark truth - Winter
sday
is coming!

Can't wait to start getting into new craftables!! New PVP! New Dungeons! A free reindeer hat or glowing red nose (make it so ANET!) Gimme that Wintersday now! NOW!

Another day another 30 RELICS AND A BAG OF GOLD

How you liking your bow? ;D

Levyne

Banned
It's nice to have. I can justify to myself to actually play other games now.

Until they announce the next shortbow legendary.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm down for that after I get home from family dinner. Looks like a delight and I can try Weltall's "Jumping Mode" if it's tough enough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is going to seem a little sappy and dumb, but I just wanted to say, generally speaking, GAFGuild is fucking great. Had a very nice and efficient run of Howling King last night in the <1 hour I had available to play and it was just really nice hopping on, seeing what was up and being in a full group heading into the catacombs within a couple of minutes. Not only that, but it wasn't like we were doing the most common dungeon path in the game (btw Katoki I did not set up this HK run -_-), nor was it the only path we considered doing, which made me really happy.

Not all of the content in this game is equally great or compelling, but it's nice that we have plenty of active players who like to enjoy the wealth of good content that is there. And for the most part, regardless of how a dungeon run goes, it's typically a blast to just be in a group with you guys and faff about. Having a good internal community is kind of key to maximizing your enjoyment of this game and GAFGuild makes everything better for me (except for the Butcher fight, holy wow does that dude need some kind of HP-halving disease or something). I just hope that we've made the experience good for you guys generally as officers too. The fractal race last weekend was a lot of fun and I definitely would like to continue offering door prizes like the unided dyes if anyone would like to contribute to an "event fund." Keoni has a mystery event coming up which I think you guys will really enjoy.

Proven

Ok, kinda last minute (I only found out 10 minutes ago) but there's an in-game wedding going on between two members of [CaLM] Before the Storm. For those that have been doing enough WvW, the groom is Mayoken. Head over to Lion's Arch where you can find some Teamspeak Info to get in on the action. Happening in 5 minutes.

Ok, kinda last minute (I only found out 10 minutes ago) but there's an in-game wedding going on between two members of [CaLM] Before the Storm. For those that have been doing enough WvW, the groom is Mayoken. Head over to Lion's Arch where you can find some Teamspeak Info to get in on the action. Happening in 5 minutes.

Mayoken is an excellent WvW commander. Kudos to him and the wedding!

Retro

Lots of people trolling it through, but it was nice. I was the only Kodan in attendance, but there were THREE ANet devs.

Taffer

The build should go live sometime tomorrow. The first stop of Tixx’s airship is on December 15 at 10:00 AM PST (7:00 PM CET). The delay is intentional, to prevent any unforeseen complications with getting the build out from messing with the timed content. Don’t forget that even before the airship arrives, there’s plenty of stuff to see and do in Lion’s Arch.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wintersday/Launch-Time/first#post992341

The new build is due tonight (Pacific time) but no Tixx until tomorrow.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Woohoo, servers must have thrown everyone off because I got booted and when I came back all servers were very high and I was able to transfer to Stormbluff Isle!!

Someone want to invite me to GAF Guild? My rangers's name is "Bastian Boltslinger".

Katoki

Woohoo, servers must have thrown everyone off because I got booted and when I came back all servers were very high and I was able to transfer to Stormbluff Isle!!

Someone want to invite me to GAF Guild? My rangers's name is "Bastian Boltslinger".

They need your account name since it doesn't go by individual character(s). The account name is the one where it goes YOURNAMEHERE.####.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hilarious timing on the patch for me. Dragonbrand was just about to break through the walls at Stonemist when WvW went down. They must have been PISSED

Levyne

Banned
Hilarious timing on the patch for me. Dragonbrand was just about to break through the walls at Stonemist when WvW went down. They must have been PISSED

I was in a fractal group. We weren't very far but.

"Hey, let's patch so we can get the scaled rewards! And if we do a daily we can get a pristine relic and blah blah blah"

Oops, should have just used the 3 hours given to us.

etiolate

Banned
Tons of connection errors. =/

It doesn't really feel like they reduced the grind for Ascended gear with the small changes they made. I really wish they didn't increase the stats for those items. The difficulty of getting exotics felt like it was a pretty sweet spot for getting to max stat gear.

It seems they increased the damage on a couple of Phantasms, namely Berserker due to another fix reducing the damage on those Phantasms. There's still an issue of the Phantasms just not hitting anything for no known reason. No mention of that being fixed. Glad to see that the swiftness on signet of inspiration can trigger out of combat.

Also, I'm somewhat disappointed that the community whined its way into getting Wizard Hats too. Sometimes I worry companies appease the really senseless stuff to condition consumers to accept the meaningful and needed changes not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom