• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeesh. I was finally able to pick up this game. I'm having some fun, but holy crap I'm dying a lot. I suppose its something to do with my gear, but I'm only lvl 8. Should I be worrying about gear at this point? Or should I just stick with the gear that quests give me?

Vossler

The guy in the $50 dollar headset is going to wait for the team that makes that in a minute........C'MON!

Watched a bit of Arrested Development tonight...GOB

Complistic

Yeesh. I was finally able to pick up this game. I'm having some fun, but holy crap I'm dying a lot. I suppose its something to do with my gear, but I'm only lvl 8. Should I be worrying about gear at this point? Or should I just stick with the gear that quests give me?

At level 8 its more likely your either A) fighting too hard of enemies or B) Just aren't good at playing yet :p

markot

Banned
I cant log in >_<! BOO URNS.

Oh, and if you do story missions even 1 lvl higher then you, you will get slaughtered >.> (Generally)

But yeah, remember to dodge, weapon swap... etc...

Gear isnt tooooooooo important early on.

Wait in WvW queue for an hour.

"Eternal Battlegrounds is ready. Travel there now?"
-> TRAVEL

Disconnected. Unable to access the log-in server at this time.

Getting...tiring...

Ashuron

Wait in WvW queue for an hour.

"Eternal Battlegrounds is ready. Travel there now?"
-> TRAVEL

Disconnected. Unable to access the log-in server at this time.

Getting...tiring...

This was just my reaction. I waited 2 hours and I was in the middle of an event with 2 mins left.

I'm done for today.

Violet_0

Banned

which class are you playing? That's kinda important

gear doesn't really matter at this level, but later on (around lvl 20+) you should get new weapons from the trading post every few levels, if you don't find any yourself (cost around 1-2s each time)

Piecake

Got booted as well. Telling me some BS with my firewall. Dont change zones if youre in the game, youll probably get kicked

Violet_0

Banned
you can't kick me - I'm too important!

jIigxPnXeT6O2.jpg

also, "we did CoE explorable" pic

Piecake

you can't kick me - I'm too important!

also, "we did CoE explorable" pic

Damn, thats a crazy achieve already. And naked fun time was awesome :)

And yea, sucks that i cant even log back in. I was wondering why there were so few people on in the guild. I guess i now know why

FinKL

Is it me, or did they roll back 5 minutes?

I used my personal story +400 Guild Influence scroll and bought stuff with it, and I still have it. :D

TheYanger

Some fantastic action tonight in EB, saw many gaf tags assaulting our keep early on before we pushed out, SBI from the southeast, ET from the west, 4 walls all down, and we still managed to pull back and retake about 40% of the map...exhausting and awesome. Great fun.

scosher

Is it me, or did they roll back 5 minutes?

I used my personal story +400 Guild Influence scroll and bought stuff with it, and I still have it. :D

I finished a dungeon, but now I don't have credit for completing it, including the lost xp, achievement, and unlocking explorable mode. Fucking sucks.

etiolate

Banned
I'm back in, but I'm missing the final tokens from TA Explore. Anyone else in that group lose their tokens? I think my silver is missing as well. If those are both gone, then I imagine the xp is gone, too.

edit: ANd I lost the rare focus that dropped =(

usea

Is necro just terrible or what? I feel pretty gimped. For pve I've tried pet build, condition build, power build. Power is ok with daggers, but honestly I'm just a shitty thief. In pvp I have a well/power build that's okay at beating other bad players, but anybody good can destroy me without trying.

Also there are way too many bugs. Half the traits and skills just plain don't work or have serious bugs. The other ones are just terrible.

Feels bad, but I don't want to start all over again (already started over once, was an engineer)

TheYanger

Is necro just terrible or what? I feel pretty gimped. For pve I've tried pet build, condition build, power build. Power is ok with daggers, but honestly I'm just a shitty thief. In pvp I have a well/power build that's okay at beating other bad players, but anybody good can destroy me without trying.

Also there are way too many bugs. Half the traits and skills just plain don't work or have serious bugs. The other ones are just terrible.

Feels bad, but I don't want to start all over again (already started over once, was an engineer)

Necros need a lot of love. Engys and Mesmers were down there too but Engys got fixed a lot, and mesmers are powerful despite design flaws. Necros are just designed badly AND don't make up for it with tricks :/

Varna

WOW. I've been logging in here and there just so I wouldn't get kicked from the Guild. But one of the latest updates just fucked up my game bad. Getting all kind of text glitches and the game is running absolutely terrible now (well, even more terrible then before). Now I can't even hold 60 FPS in isolated areas with no other players or enemies... what the fuck.

usea

Necros need a lot of love. Engys and Mesmers were down there too but Engys got fixed a lot, and mesmers are powerful despite design flaws. Necros are just designed badly AND don't make up for it with tricks :/
If I were going to reroll, what should I be aware of regarding any other terribleness? I don't care what's fotm, I just want to have fun. Usually I play healers or support in groups which I love, or rogues/thieves. I'm willing to try anything, but heavy armor classes have always seemed kind of boring to me. I guess I shouldn't prejudge though.

Necro's are a broken class.

Many of their traits and abilities are either broken or don't even do what they say they do.

In a few cases they even lower your damage. The scaling is also horrendous.

Save yourself some trouble, especially if you want to PvP and choose another class.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Whoops, haven't logged even once since tge latest PSO2 patch was released (Thursday 2 weeks ago), I wonder if I'm still in...

etiolate

Banned
"Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience .” ^MK"

=(

Piecake

Yea, necro is the worst class, imo. Simply not fun to play and really weak.

I got deleted from GAF guild. :(

I'm not active in chat, but I play quite a bit and contribute otherwise. What's the deal?

Whisper an officer. Im sure it was just a mistake or bug or something

Violet_0

Banned
I got deleted from GAF guild. :(

I'm not active in chat, but I play quite a bit and contribute otherwise. What's the deal?

they sorted "in-active" players out based on achievement points (because there aren't any other reliable metrics) and apparently went a bit overboard with it. If you want to come back, just whisper to one of the officers in-game

I find Necros really fun to play in pvp for a hour, then the frustration sits in, a majority of people still do not spec to remove conditions so its pretty fun on my conditionmancer, until I run into a thief or mesmer who just dominates me.

Ken

I like the fight mechanics. The dude just takes WAY too long to kill

What. You dodge red circles for like 50 minutes.

A good boss fight is something I want to do again and again. Dodging red circles isn't a good boss fight. That they repeat the fight 3 times, one would hope the they add more interesting mechanics with each encounter. Instead all that changes is the room gets smaller, there are more things in the way, and his stasis occurs more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom