• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankshell

I would just like to say, the little touches in this game that most other games ignore make me happy... like the grass/foliage that reacts to your character as you run/swim through it.

That's all.

Still enjoying the game.

Sora_N

Question about skills/traits. I'm level 10 Thief right now...I only got 1 Skill so far, Spider Venom. Are skills resettable if I fuck up? I heard Traits are.

etiolate

Banned
I had a windows update last night and today the GW2 program is running like butt. Black screens on maps, slow menu loadup and long, long loading screens.

Piecake

Question about skills/traits. I'm level 10 Thief right now...I only got 1 Skill so far, Spider Venom. Are skills resettable if I fuck up? I heard Traits are.

youll have more than enough skill points to buy all of the skills. You can swap skills out of combat any time.

Make sure you are doing the Skill Point challenges. you should a lot more skills than 1 at level 10. Dont you start getting SP at every level beyond 6 or something?

Sora_N

Thanks guys, yeah as I complete the area I do all the skill challenges I see so I have like 10 right now so just adding point in!

Thanks guys, yeah as I complete the area I do all the skill challenges I see so I have like 10 right now so just adding point in!

Just to note, you actually have no limit on skill points you can gain. You keep getting them after 80 by gaining further experience. If you run out of skills to buy, start checking out the mystic forge vendor Miyani. She sells her items for skill points.

Is it worth getting tailoring to make your own exotics or should I just buy exotics off the TP?
Mostly it's not worth it but getting exotic runes off the TP can be difficult unless you have the crafting profession for it. Check out what kind of runes you want on your armor and go with that.

Also, legendaries, for those who have the interest and persistence.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You just summoned Hawkian The Controller Enthusiast.
Yeah, I was gonna say, that's pretty much crack for Hawk.
Very cool stuff. Its big advantage over our Controller Mode offering is, appropriately enough, that it's totally viable to use without a gamepad.

I looked over the script and it's actually quite similar to ours. Unfortunately the one thing I was excited about when I saw the Combat Mode post was a disappointment; in their case as in ours, you can only see the crosshair in windowed (or fullscreen windowed) mode, which gives a performance hit (though personally I play in windowed mode a lot anyway).

Here's my bullet point overview of it for those interested:

• Lots of crosshair options, there will definitely be one you like
  • Relies on fast-cast targeting, crosshair is mostly necessary
  • Need to use windowed/fullscreen windowed mode
  • Viable to use with either mouse/kb or gamepad (lets you use mouse clicks and scroll wheel for all kinds of stuff), but doesn't include gamepad profile so you'll have to make one
  • If you follow the instructions and make TAB the toggle key, make sure to reassign Next and Previous Target to some other keys; don't recommend only crosshair aiming, such as in the case of a boss
  • The way it switches back to mouse control when you open a menu is very clever, and we may well steal this for our script ;)
If you're interested in the "actiony" style when using mouse and keyboard, this is a great way to jump in and start playing around to find a setup that feels comfortable for you. A lot of people have told me they've used mouse wheel click rather than right click for dodge and that feels good too.

If you're interested in playing with a gamepad primarily, there's still nothing better out there I've seen than Weltall's package available here. It has literally everything you need to use a 360 controller starting from scratch and the profile is heavily refined for gamepad use. My latest personal revision (still under some testing :p) even includes some chat macros so that you can thank people for rezzing you and dance without touching the keyboard :p

Arcteryx

Has anyone else used the trick posted on Reddit to transmute stuff you really "shouldn't" be able to?(like Necro masks on Mesmers etc)

I used it to get some Whispers gear on my main who I sadly affiliated with Priory. Happy as a clam now.

ZenVolta

Has anyone else used the trick posted on Reddit to transmute stuff you really "shouldn't" be able to?(like Necro masks on Mesmers etc)

I used it to get some Whispers gear on my main who I sadly affiliated with Priory. Happy as a clam now.

Link? This sounds really, really awesome. Does it work with other Classes?

Ken

Too much effort.

Piecake

Link? This sounds really, really awesome. Does it work with other Classes?

That hood is the only medium armor hood in the game? Damnit..
Edit: I just came across this, gonna try it tonight:
Googled a bit, here’s what I found:
1.) Make a new thief with hood.
2.) Have another character buy a cheap mask. NOTED: This mask needs to be white or blue name (This is important)
3.) Put said mask in bank.
4.) Log onto the new thief with hood.
5.) Now you can transmute the mask into hood.
6.) Put the new transmuted hood into bank
7.) Go into your current thief and then take out the transmuted hood.
8.) Now you can transmute the hood with any mask

Assuming that is it. just stick in whatever you want instead of the mask

Dreavus

That seems like something that will get patched out eventually.

I dunno... it's only for cosmetics, and you're burning at least 2 transmutation stones per piece if I understand it correctly. Maybe not such a bad deal if people are looking to the gemstore for those.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just had the best dungeon experience with the guild yet - AC explorable was really fun the second time. Took us 45 minutes versus (what seemed at least) the 5 hour experience of the first one that we didn't even finish. I guess that's good design on ANet's part because the second time was easy so long as you knew the strategy and had the skill to pull it off versus the first time when we were all relatively new to the game. The first group we had with AC explorable were fellow guildmates and real good people so the experience was still a lot better than, say, the PUG I got myself into with CM. Even though that was a really easy dungeon, the dungeon group was horrible.

Even when the chips settle and the newness wears off, I still see myself coming back to this game throughout the rest of my gaming "career" honestly.

falastini

All this talk about teleporting and exploits got me thinking of something that happened a few weeks back.

I was in WvW. I see one of our towers under seige on the map. I run over and see 10-20 HoD players banging on it from the outside. No problem... I'll just run inside and defend, right? As soon as I get in the walls, I'm welcomed by 10 other HoD players who proceed to kill me and take the tower. The gate is still up, mind you, and none of the walls were down. I assumed the gate glitched closed or something, but I wonder about it now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
All this talk about teleporting and exploits got me thinking of something that happened a few weeks back.

I was in WvW. I see one of our towers under seige on the map. I run over and see 10-20 HoD players banging on it from the outside. No problem... I'll just run inside and defend, right? As soon as I get in the walls, I'm welcomed by 10 other HoD players who proceed to kill me and take the tower. The gate is still up, mind you, and none of the walls were down. I assumed the gate glitched closed or something, but I wonder about it now.

Or they took down the walls and then the wall was repaired.

Edit:

;___;

TQn7q.jpg

Zafir

A mesmer may have gotten inside and used their portal to sneak people in? We've done that sometimes on our server, and other servers have used it against us.

Achtius

Just had the best dungeon experience with the guild yet - AC explorable was really fun the second time. Took us 45 minutes versus (what seemed at least) the 5 hour experience of the first one that we didn't even finish. I guess that's good design on ANet's part because the second time was easy so long as you knew the strategy and had the skill to pull it off versus the first time when we were all relatively new to the game. The first group we had with AC explorable were fellow guildmates and real good people so the experience was still a lot better than, say, the PUG I got myself into with CM. Even though that was a really easy dungeon, the dungeon group was horrible.

Even when the chips settle and the newness wears off, I still see myself coming back to this game throughout the rest of my gaming "career" honestly.

As much as I like farming for tokens, I have never done it with a pug. I rather wait for hours for gaffers to come on than pull my hair out

Jobacca

Neo Member
Oh my god.

Doing the Metrica Province or whatever its called jumping puzzle. Get to the cold stage/3rd stage and if I die on it, I get transported back to the beginning DEAD!! I have to use a waypoint on the ground, which kicks me out of all of my progress... it's done it twice already!

Piecake

Good news on the dungeon design. maybe ill get a full set of CoE gear now if the tokens a lot

Oh my god.

Doing the Metrica Province or whatever its called jumping puzzle. Get to the cold stage/3rd stage and if I die on it, I get transported back to the beginning DEAD!! I have to use a waypoint on the ground, which kicks me out of all of my progress... it's done it twice already!

Ouch, you should have asked a guildie for help. If i was free, id have come rezzed yea. Cause that just sounds INSANELY frustraiting

Forkball

Some people may jump on me for this, but I wish there was a way to buy level 80 characters. Now I don't mean right out of the gate, but if you naturally train a character up to level 80, something should unlock where you can buy other classes at that level (either through gems, karma, or real money). While the path from 1-80 is certainly more managable than a lot of MMOs, it still takes a bit chunk of time and there are people who want to try out classes at high level play but don't want to invest the time. I think it would be good for ANet because it would keep people playing and encourage them to spend money on more things on the gem store.

Oh my god.

i did this one yesterday, spent 3 hours total on it...

Actually when you fall and hit the ground no matter which stage, you have to redo the beginning part up to the first portal, then you can ask the robot to teleport you the the last stage you were at!

Good news is, there's only 3 real stages in that one...

KuroNeeko

Just started a Necro today. I like the atmosphere and all behind the class, but I have the sneaking suspicion that there isn't much to the class. Is that the case? It doesn't seem to have the flexibility of the Engineer, the creative latitude of the Mesmer, or the multiple skill sets of the Elementalist. I spend a decent amount of time just autoattacking and switching in and out of death form. Is that it? Is there a bit more depth to the class or is it more of a basic, "beginner" class?

K.Sabot

Just started a Necro today. I like the atmosphere and all behind the class, but I have the sneaking suspicion that there isn't much to the class. Is that the case? It doesn't seem to have the flexibility of the Engineer, the creative latitude of the Mesmer, or the multiple skill sets of the Elementalist. I spend a decent amount of time just autoattacking and switching in and out of death form. Is that it? Is there a bit more depth to the class or is it more of a basic, "beginner" class?

Yeah, the weapon skills themselves are pretty boring. They have a bit of depth in handling their health bars and pets, but it's not really fun.

Ken

I thought it was fun going from 15-30. I'm 48 now and kind of bored just sitting around waiting for skills to come off cooldown while poking with daggers.

Punto

Neo Member

From what I have gathered thus far (lvl 37 nec). There are like 3 kind of builds. Wellmancer, conditonmancer and minionmaster.

The 2 first are more of a AOE kinda thingy. I play conditionmancer myself. Pretty good in pve and i can take on like 4-5 lvl higher mobs than myself. As you say there is not much to the class. The best thing about it is it´s survivability (imo). You can like stack up bunch of conditions, put condition on urself and transfer them on urself(then heal urself with them). The most unique thing about the class is death shroud, which you can use as a second life bar. That´s about it.

I do admit that they do feel kinda underpowered compared to most other classes though. Considering trying another class. Anyone got any recommendations?

Ken

Warrior is fun and effective. Signet build for easy PvE leveling and for explorable dungeons you can always respec to support/shout build.

Greatsword Guardian is also great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom