• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Some guy in LA found this little glitch with the traders area trash can. It's the Space Sleep yo.

izLarG5FV2R1b.png

Violet_0

Banned
RP'ing with a bunch of naked ladies. Secret's out!

try running into enemy golem mobs so Hawkian gets a few precious seconds to hack the console (and then doing it again four more times). I ended up paying more than 40s for repair costs during this run. I like your version better, though.

Kingbrave

Just because I love my Charr warrior doesn't make me a furry...I felt I should state that...cause it's not like I rotate the camera and sigh with lust or uh...anything...yeah...

vaelic

Banned
Combat Mode 1.0

With the press of a button turn Guild Wars 2 into a true action experience. It displays a centered crosshair (23 available in 1.0, with adjustable positions) and moving the mouse now turns your character and camera. When ever you cast a spell or action it will temporarily lock on and perform on whatever is underneath the crosshair. Left Click auto attacks, Right Click dodges & Mouse Scroll can be assigned to whatever you want. (all can be changed) Your movement and targeting will be as intuitive, fluid and accurate as an FPS Bringing up panels such as Inventory, Map, Hero, etc will toggle you out of combat mode and give you your cursor back.
Video Demo of 1.0
Lugos mini preview (of beta 0.2, lots of bugs fixed since then)

Features:
Crosshair targeting
Eliminates Tab & cursor Targeting
Eliminates the need to hold down Right Click to turn the camera
Gives you 4 extra, easy to press, buttons to keybind (+ 12 modifiers)
Left Click, Right Click, Scroll Wheel (and their modifiers) can perform actions (Such as a spell, Dodge, weapon Swap, Auto Attack)
Seamless intergration with GW2. Opening panels such as Inventory and Hero Panel will switch you out of Combat Mode
What else is Combat Mode useful for:
Disabilities & Injuries (such as missing fingers, RSI, Carpell Tunnel): There is no need to hold Right Click any more. Adds 4 easy to press keys to the mouse. (+12 modifiers) Adds an easy to press key to the keyboard.
Vision Impairment: The default cursor can be hard to see in the midst of combat (even for people with unimpaired vision). Combat Mode always sets the cursor to the centre of the screen, with the option to display large and bright crosshairs.
Xpadder / Game Pads: Combat Mode is the perfect solution for people who use gamepads. Simply select a button to be your Combat Mode "Toggle" key and away you go.
Heres a response from ArenaNet Dev:
3rd party programs ARE ALLOWED. If they don't automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage or effect other peoples game.
Combat Mode is still in development. 1.1 will have almost identical features, but with a few extra things to made the mod easier to use. Including, 60+ crosshairs, User interface to adjust crosshair and keybinds, and bug fixes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/

Hey guys, so I'm having a weird problem while playing. At random times my cursor input partially stops working. What I mean is I can move the cursor around but I can't click on anything and hovering over things doesn't display information like it usually does. To resolve the issue I can press ctrl+alt+del, click anywhere on the menu that comes up, press cancel and everything goes back to normal.

I don't think the problem is limited to the game, however, because I also notice this happens in other programs, like Steam and even Chrome. Sometimes the desktop icons become un-clickable too.

If anyone could help that I would be much appreciated. I've looked online for a solution but don't really know what to search for. Thanks!

Ashodin

Combat Mode 1.0

With the press of a button turn Guild Wars 2 into a true action experience. It displays a centered crosshair (23 available in 1.0, with adjustable positions) and moving the mouse now turns your character and camera. When ever you cast a spell or action it will temporarily lock on and perform on whatever is underneath the crosshair. Left Click auto attacks, Right Click dodges & Mouse Scroll can be assigned to whatever you want. (all can be changed) Your movement and targeting will be as intuitive, fluid and accurate as an FPS Bringing up panels such as Inventory, Map, Hero, etc will toggle you out of combat mode and give you your cursor back.
Video Demo of 1.0

Features:
Crosshair targeting
Left Click, Right Click, Scroll Wheel (and their modifiers) can perform actions (Such as a spell, Dodge, weapon Swap, Auto Attack)
Seamless intergration with GW2. Opening panels such as Inventory and Hero Panel will switch you out of Combat Mode
Disabilities & Injuries (such as missing fingers, RSI, Carpell Tunnel): There is no need to hold Right Click any more. Adds 4 easy to press keys to the mouse. (+12 modifiers) Adds an easy to press key to the keyboard.
Vision Impairment: The default cursor can be hard to see in the midst of combat (even for people with unimpaired vision). Combat Mode always sets the cursor to the centre of the screen, with the option to display large and bright crosshairs.
Xpadder / Game Pads: Combat Mode is the perfect solution for people who use gamepads. Simply select a button to be your Combat Mode "Toggle" key and away you go.
3rd party programs ARE ALLOWED. If they don't automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage or effect other peoples game.
Combat Mode is still in development. 1.1 will have almost identical features, but with a few extra things to made the mod easier to use. Including, 60+ crosshairs, User interface to adjust crosshair and keybinds, and bug fixes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/
You just summoned Hawkian The Controller Enthusiast.

Yeah, I was gonna say, that's pretty much crack for Hawk.

By the way, I finished making my crafter's union thread.

If anyone could help that I would be much appreciated. I've looked online for a solution but don't really know what to search for. Thanks!
Got a spare mouse? I can't tell if this is a driver or hardware issue. Or something else. :s

Deitus

Combat Mode 1.0

Wow, that's awesome. And good on ArenaNet for not shooting it down. If you read the full response from ArenaNet, they basically say they CAN'T actually approve this or any other third party mod in any official capacity, but that they recognize its function and won't take any action against it so long as it doesn't provide any tangible advantage to people who use it. They also said to proceed with caution, because some seemingly innocuous mods might have components to them that would allow cheating/exploiting. I'm okay with that, and that's pretty much as much of an approval as you are ever going to get on this kind of thing.

I'm pretty interested in this myself when it comes to controller play. However, I don't really have the time to mess with the configuration right now, so I may just wait until Hawkian and/or Weltall figures out how to make it work with their controller config (or decide it won't work for them).

I think I may have discovered the source of the problem I described above. If I have both my usb mouse (which has an on/off switch) and touchpad on at the same time then the problem occurs. However, if I turn off the mouse the touchpad works fine. I have no idea why this is the case, though, and its still annoying.

i just noticed there are TONS of 1-15 zones even for the same races, what's the point of this? Say i level to 15 in Metrica province, why would i keep going to different 1-15 areas then and not to the 15-whatever ones instead? I mean sure i could keep doing heart quests and events but the equipment etc would all be inferior?

Ploid 3.0

Combat Mode 1.0

Video Demo of 1.0

Features:
Crosshair targeting

Omg finally so many of my problems touched in this. Next add 360 controller support. I tried a profiler but sometimes movement gets unresponsive. Maybe because of the hold mouse to change character movement angle.

Wow, that's awesome. And good on ArenaNet for not shooting it down. If you read the full response from ArenaNet, they basically say they CAN'T actually approve this or any other third party mod in any official capacity, but that they recognize its function and won't take any action against it so long as it doesn't provide any tangible advantage to people who use it. They also said to proceed with caution, because some seemingly innocuous mods might have components to them that would allow cheating/exploiting. I'm okay with that, and that's pretty much as much of an approval as you are ever going to get on this kind of thing.
This is pretty much how anet handled mods in GW1. No official support, no cheating, and don't come crying to us if you break your game because of this. Otherwise, have at it.

i just noticed there are TONS of 1-15 zones even for the same races, what's the point of this? Say i level to 15 in Metrica province, why would i keep going to different 1-15 areas then and not to the 15-whatever ones instead? I mean sure i could keep doing heart quests and events but the equipment etc would all be inferior?
Not necessarily. I went to queensdale the other night with my max level main. I got a lot of low level whites and blues, true. But any greens and rares that dropped were at least level 74.

Kingbrave

You get eq for your level.

Okay, I fixed my mouse problem (I think). Had to put in the CD that came with the mouse to install additional drivers. I guess the drivers that installed when I plugged in the usb dongle thingy weren't enough for the mouse to work properly. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back!

Equipment, gear, whatever you want to call it. I outleveled 1 of the zones so I went to another one. And when I get bored now I go and fool around in the lower level zones.

ok thanks... why don't you just go to a zone that is higher in level though? (serious question, noob here) is there a reason why you prefer the low level ones?

Deitus

ok thanks... why don't you just go to a zone that is higher in level though? (serious question, noob here) is there a reason why you prefer the low level ones?

You go to a lower level zone because it's there and you want to explore it. It's not "I'm going to a low level zone", it's "I'm going to explore this Sylvari area, because it's beautiful, and I want to see more of the area where Sylvari live."

With level scaling, you don't have to worry about the content being trivial (though 1-15 zones are never really hard).

Edit: As for your original question of why there are so many 1-15 zones: there are 5, 1 for each race. They serve as an introduction to that race, and the troubles facing them. On top of that, the low level zones have a tendency to be overloaded, because there are always plenty of low level players, especially close to release. It only makes sense to have a lot of zones for them. Higher level zones tend to not have as much of a problem with this as players level at a different pace (although eventually you need a lot of max level areas when everyone hits the level cap).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

No, that's not true. There are 5 1-15 zones, one for each race.

I'm in the human starting area, did a lot of quests and events, really fun and crowded place, and I'm getting a strong Xenoblade vibe from this game, getting xp for discovering places sealed the similarity for me.

Got my Thief up to LVL40 last night, and switched to leveling my LVL20 Elementalist this morning... bleh. My mindset is still on being aggressive, and I'm getting slaughtered left and right while thinking, "why are you so slow?!? Hurry up!!!"

Kingbrave

I like to run around and tell the other races how inferior they are to the Charr and how they should just lay down and be food. Except tree people...veggies yuck. Good toothpicks for the odd Asuran that get's stuck in the molars...

Deitus

I like to run around and tell the other races how inferior they are to the Charr and how they should just lay down and be food. Except tree people...veggies yuck. Good toothpicks for the odd Asuran that get's stuck in the molars...

Awwww... that's cute. A kitty chasing rats around. Adorable.

Combat Mode 1.0

Video Demo of 1.0

Features:
Crosshair targeting

I guess they patched it out already because it doesn't work.

Ashodin

What!?

Why was I removed from GAFGuild? I know I was inactive for a week but it has been a particularly busy week.

Send a PM to me or Hawkian The Blade to get back in man.

We kicked all the lower than 300 achievement point GAFers. Also, are you on SBI or Gandara? They have a full on Gandara EU GAF guild now.

It's working for me. I have my controller set up to work, but I got so used to the mouse + keyboard precision that I might only use controller to do lazy stuff.

I followed all the instructions and repeated them numerous times to see if I had forgotten something and no luck.

It's fine though, I think I'm pretty much done with the game right now.

Piecake

Well, finally played a bit of Cursed Shore in Orr. I actually thought it was pretty decent and didnt experience any broken DEs (surprisingly).

I guess the reason why I have been putting it off is because I think ML sucks balls. It is by far the worst zone in the game, holy hell. The first Orr zone is okay, but I think Cursed Shore is my favorite of the Orr zones (though id only say its decent).

My problem is with all Orr zones, there are just too many damn enemies who have a crap ton of cripples, pulls, freezes, etc. You really cant explore like you do in the other zones and you need to be in a group to do anything if dont want to punch your monitor in frustraition

It definitely is the best way to make money though. Talk about an insane amount of drops, wow. If i didnt have to salvage everything for my monthyl, i would have made a lot more than what i acutally did

Gvaz

Banned
What's the cheapest place to buy GW2?

I'm not cool with paying $60+ (especially since I never got past level 8~ in GW1)

Were the preorder items worth it at all?

GaF what's your one dislike about MMOs?

For me it's the helm armor and long hair, put on helm long hair is gone, so to combat that most of my female characters now have Halle Berry hair styles, the only female character in GW2 with long hair is my ranger, she wears a mask..

V_Arnold

For me it's the helm armor and long hair, put on helm long hair is gone, so to combat that most of my female characters now have Halle Berry hair styles, the only female character in GW2 with long hair is my ranger, she wears a mask..

I always turn display helm off in every MMO where it is available as an option. Thank god it is in most places.

Absinthe

Not having a dodge button! Since GW2 betas, every other game (not only MMO's), without a dodge button has been weird for me. I was playing D3 in between the BWE's and trying to dodge. I just got BL2 and have been trying to dodge in that as well. It's really something that I feel most games would benefit from.

BooJoh

I did Forging the Pact with a friend, and since it was such a long mission I accepted credit at the end, but I didn't get the letters you get from Trahearne and your racial rep. Anyone willing to post a screen of the letter from Zojja you get at that point as an Asura?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Not having a dodge button! Since GW2 betas, every other game (not only MMO's), without a dodge button has been weird for me. I was playing D3 in between the BWE's and trying to dodge. I just got BL2 and have been trying to dodge in that as well. It's really something that I feel most games would benefit from.

Lol, I was actually clamoring for one in Borderlands 2. GW2 has changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom