• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I personally thought the story of GW1 blows GW2 out of the water. I think being able to replay story missions really helped that along. Maybe it was because I was younger when I played through them for the first time too, I dunno. I can probably recite the set up, story background, and field layout of 2 dozen gw1 missions off the top of my head where I barely can remember a handful of "personal story" quests in GW2.

Which brings me back to my question- please do answer it. If nothing else, I'm really curious if it's stuff that I would personally want to have added to the game too and/or stuff that eventually will be. :)

I know you want to know what I want to do, but I really don't know. I log on, and try to decide on something to do and feel complete apathy. Probably have a break from the game, or a real casual level up of alts.

Long term game is to get a good looking character, but that doesn't mean the gear has to be from dungeons. Is there a 'wowhead' equivalent for GW2 where you can check out gear skins?

Also the mini-games are terrible. I was looking forward to those, but they're either not in the game yet, or the ones that are are poorly implemented. The Keg Brawl - that should be great, but it's not. Why they don't let you join as a party doesn't make sense. Could have had a league system (even unofficial). Doesn't make sense for 'team' based game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hope some of these updates actually does something with Southsun. Such a pointless zone other than the Rich Ori vein.
teehee

This is wrong but now I feel like I know secrets!

It hella needs more events though. There are only seven, two of which are "kill a mob."Compare this to just ONE of the Orr areas (Straits), which has 42 events plus a 6-step meta event chain.

They just really didn't have time I guess, that was a massive update.
Is there a 'wowhead' equivalent for GW2 where you can check out gear skins?
One better- go to www.gw2db.com and copy the "Chat Link" for an item. Paste it to yourself in-game and you can preview it on your actual character. Try this for an example: [&AgHjdwAA]

There's also gw2armor.com where you can see full armor sets but I don't like it much, too limited (I like to mix and match for one thing).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No problem :D

Argh... I was just thinking back on all the posting I've done for my mesmer build last couple pages or whatever and remembered he still literally doesn't have a single accessory over green. I should really get on crafting a full Carrion set but I just wanna play my Ele when I get home.

DAMN YOU RIDE THE LIGHTNING YOU ARE TOO MUCH FUN

Ashodin

I know nataku already posted it but:

Hey guys,
Just to help provide some clarity on this, we’ll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you’ll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.
To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.
More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.

vZltg.jpg

Finally put some time into the game again. Got to run some Arah EXP with Varix, Sophre, AdriaaaaARAH and one other....

Fun!
Daliante/Skyrro (sp?) was the fifth member of that party, IIRC. After three dungeon runs of path 3, I'm starting to warm up to it. Feels good face-tanking MC Hammer now that I understand his mechanic (as opposed to previously spending 10+ silver repairing before reaching Mr Lupus).

Retro

Oh shit, new page, need to put the news at the top, then;

Colin Johanson said:
Hey guys,

Just to help provide some clarity on this, we’ll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you’ll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.

To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.

More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.
(Source)
Sounds like January will be smaller than what people are expecting. I hope some of these updates actually does something with Southsun. Such a pointless zone other than the Rich Ori vein.

Ohmagawd man, get with the times, that was sooooooooo totally four hours ago.
Granted, it was buried at the bottom of one of my usual shit posts and most of you have me on ignore anyways.
82pvS.gif

You too! With your crazy Right to Left comics and your dreamy come-hither avatar.

Anyways, I'm hoping this means more Dynamic Events for the current existing zones, with the possibility that they will add new areas to them as well (he says no new maps, but that doesn't mean they won't have new content on the existing ones... I could be reading between the lines as usual, though). It also sounds like they're adding a ton of new features, which could be anything from quality of life improvements to overhauling some of the game's systems (Traits, perhaps?). I'm also hoping they add more big events (Dragons, Shadow Behemoth, etc), preferably ones that aren't on a timer but are instead triggered by event chains (so players come back to the zones to activate them).

I also notice he mentioned no new professions or races, but he didn't say anything about new weapon types... again, filling in the lines, but they've mentioned before that a two-handed "Great Axe" needs to happen at some point, and Arken is gonna have a conniption if he doesn't get a Scythe soon.

Otherwise, I think we'll just see more polish of what's already really good, with a lot of changes for WvW and PvP to follow in February.

And who knows. Maybe their small "Setting the stage" patch in January starts up all sorts of cool new events on it's own. Doesn't need to be large to be cool.

Yeah, Dragons on a timer is stupid. Takes away all the fear and threat they should have. Also, I'm not sure I liked that me and 1 other guildie were able to take down a dragon. Sure it took a while, and I guess it should be considered 'epic' to 2 man a dragon, but it just made it look weak.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hahaha yeah that hammer dude seems like a fucking devil the first couple of times.

edit: Holy shit, which dragon did you 2-man?

Which dragon is in an area that there were only 2 people in for the entire fight?

I am filled with questions??

also shrug about the timer, can't you just ignore it? I've never counted down on a dragon timer. Although I should probably have added "if they're up, fight dragons" to the list of stuff to do. Though I guess they're theoretically just meta events.

Retro

Yeah, Dragons on a timer is stupid. Takes away all the fear and threat they should have. Also, I'm not sure I liked that me and 1 other guildie were able to take down a dragon. Sure it took a while, and I guess it should be considered 'epic' to 2 man a dragon, but it just made it look weak.

Soloing a dragon should earn you a title, "Dragon Slayer". The ironic part is that by adding this new carrot to dragon events, people will suddenly start doing them again, thus negating the need for the carrot in the first place. Win/Win.

You are?

Levyne

Banned
Daliante/Skyrro (sp?) was the fifth member of that party, IIRC. After three dungeon runs of path 3, I'm starting to warm up to it. Feels good face-tanking MC Hammer now that I understand his mechanic (as opposed to previously spending 10+ silver repairing before reaching Mr Lupus).

Thanks, just couldn't remember his game name for some reason.

Yeah we failed in a few places and still managed ~90 minutes. Not a terrible dungeon run.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm going to wager it was the Shatterer which is supposedly the easiest and the only one I haven't done. It's in Blazeridge Steppes which I think is an awesome zone but is lower level at least. The other two zones... I haven't seen either dragon done with under 20 people, and I've done em I think 3 times each. Are they just recently vacated or something?

Would be cool to kill them for a guild event if we could really do it ourselves...

Hahaha yeah that hammer dude seems like a fucking devil the first couple of times.

edit: Holy shit, which dragon did you 2-man?

Which dragon is in an area that there were only 2 people in for the entire fight?

also shrug about the timer, can't you just ignore it? I've never counted down on a dragon timer. Although I should probably have added "if they're up, fight dragons" to the list of stuff to do. Though I guess they're theoretically just meta events.

Tequatl, it was early in the morning (about 4am) when a Guildie said he was up. We went and the fight lasted about 30 minutes. I think the 'timer' and unique zone they appear in every time just saps the fear you should have. They should roam and attack at random. You shouldn't know a dragon is going to appear at 3:30 on the corner of x, like it's a bus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Like the Dragons in Skyrim! That would be totally sweet.

Damn I can't believe you can beat Teq with two people.

Retro

Tequatl, it was early in the morning (about 4am) when a Guildie said he was up. We went and the fight lasted about 30 minutes. I think the 'timer' and unique zone they appear in every time just saps the fear you should have. They should roam and attack at random. You shouldn't know a dragon is going to appear at 3:30 on the corner of x, like it's a bus.

Your posts are making sense to me and I am not itching to put you on ignore.

Who are you and what did you do with Chriswok?

Also, all aboard the dragon bus!
UWYdK.jpg

(I have no idea what is going on in that picture, I just googled "Dragon bus."

nataku

Oh shit, new page, need to put the news at the top, then;

Ohmagawd man, get with the times, that was sooooooooo totally four hours ago.
Granted, it was buried at the bottom of one of my usual shit posts and most of you have me on ignore anyways.

You too! With your crazy Right to Left comics and your dreamy come-hither avatar.

Huh. All I saw was a multi quote post from you again and my eyes kind of glossed over and moved past it. Sorry. :p

Yeah, the dragon fights need to be zone wide. They really should terrorize the entire zone with battles at random locations that require different tactics. Some defensive events, some offensive events, etc. The dragon fights were one of the most disappointing things in the game to me. They're entirely too static.

How can you guys just stand in one spot hitting grubs and 1 or 2 hit LUPUS till he dies, that must take ages.

Retro

For what it's worth, it looks like Character Slots and Total Makeover kits are going on sale tomorrow;

3 Day New Years Sale in the Gem Store – New Items Each Day!

The New Year is here, which means big savings at the Black Lion Trading Company from January 4-6!

To celebrate the dawn of a new year in Tyria, we’re chopping prices in the Gem Store for three days from January 4-6! During each day of the sale, we’ll feature three different items on sale at drastically reduced prices! All sales begin at 12 AM Pacific and last for 24 hours.

The cuts are so deep you’ll swear I took a greatsword to the prices!
(source)

It shows some pictures at the bottom of the post; a Character Slot, a chest with green flames (no idea, maybe the Mini-Trios are random drops from a chest... hope not), and a Total Makeover Kit.

Props to Jira for letting me know, so I can let you know. You know?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i used to be expensive like you, but then i took a greatsword to the prices

Roaming multi-event dragons sounds awesome! Make it happen cap'n!
How can you guys just stand in one spot hitting grubs and 1 or 2 hit LUPUS till he dies, that must take ages.
That's.... one-third of the fight you know

Retro

Busy news day. Again, courtesy of Jira;

Habib Loew said:
As you know we’ve been working on this problem for a while but what I think we haven’t ever said before is that our goal is to remove culling completely from WvW. In order to remove culling completely we have to address three issues:

1) Bandwidth out of our servers/datacenter (traffic would increase without culling)
2) Bandwidth in to each client (traffic to each client would also increase without culling)
3) Client performance issues related to rendering (potentially) all the players on a map at once. (Note that we base our performance requirements in this case on min-spec clients. We don’t want to stop anybody being able to play the game after all.)

Until all three of those issues have been dealt with we can’t turn culling off because doing so would cause something to break or perform poorly.

Ok, now let’s talk about what progress we’ve made!

Issue #1 was the easiest to deal with because we can basically just throw money at the problem. When we first started down the road toward removing culling from WvW I took a bunch of bandwidth measurements and then went to the executives and said, essentially, “Hey, if we disable culling our network traffic will increase by X%. Are we ok with that?”. The answer I got was a clear and unambiguous “yes!” So issue #1 isn’t a problem after all.

Issue #2 is a little harder. We need to ensure that folks with a min-spec network connection won’t be overwhelmed by the data we send them and we obviously can’t just buy a better connection for all of our players. So we put our heads together and came up with a plan to reduce the bandwidth required for WvW (and Gw2 in general) as much as possible. Those changes are in testing now and will be rolled out as soon as we’re convinced that they’re solid. Assuming we’re able to get everything working the way we’d like (and I’m fairly confident that we will) then this will address issue #2.

So that leaves us with issue #3: client performance. Some time ago the WvW team acquired an engine programmer who is focused 100% on this issue (and he is being assisted by another engine programmer who isn’t officially on the WvW team). They’re working on some really fantastic optimizations and engine modifications which we hope will allow even min-spec clients to render all the players on a WvW map. We’ll be talking in more detail about the specific changes they’re making when things get just a little more nailed down, but I can say right now that I’m very impressed with the work they’ve done already.

So that’s where we are. Engine programmers are working their magic even now and we’re testing the networking changes that will be required. I believe that our goal of removing culling from WvW is achievable and I’m looking forward to the day that I can announce to you all that we’ve pulled it off!

(source)

Bolded is quite a big accomplishment if they can pull it off (and it sounds like they can).

Retro

Apologies for the Double Post, but there was a Client Update and here's the notes;

Wintersday

Wintersday has ended, and the residents of Lion’s Arch are tidying up, humming those bell-choir tunes as they work! They savor their memories of snowball fights, presents, toys, and Toymaker Tixx! And so the Lion’s Arch Council sends one last merry wish that the joy you felt at Wintersday will last all year long! Happy New Year!

The Wintersday Merchant will remain in Lion’s Arch for a while longer, allowing players to continue to exchange gifts.

Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store

After 11:59 p.m. PST on January 3, 2012, Wintersday items will no longer be available to purchase from the gem store.

Mesmer
Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.

Shattered Strength: This trait now grants 1 stack of might per illusion shattered.
(Source)

Pachinko

I bought this game as soon as it was available digitally in september (after that 2 week hiatus) and only put a few hours into it. Recently for lack of something simpler to play I've poured a crap ton of time into it.

I actually really this game , reminds me of everything I enjoyed about my couple of brief stints in WOW but without any of the more annoying elements.

I do have 2 questions for the heavier players this thread likely offers- where do I go to take on a crafting skill ? I'm level 17 now and pretty sure the game told me to go do that 2 levels back. Also a got some item intended for an NPC located somewhere called plunder cove (I think?) and I have no idea where that is. Is it in the first 2 human regions ?

-edit
thanks hawkian, I'll give it a whirl.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The crafting trainers can be found in every major city, and a few other places as well. Go to your home race's city for the easiest way.

No clue on that... plunder cove thing

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/January-updates-Any-sources/first#post1136181

Sounds like January will be smaller than what people are expecting. I hope some of these updates actually does something with Southsun. Such a pointless zone other than the Rich Ori vein.

This makes me wonder if I should get to my other games and save this for these updates...

Highly interested in what they add to PVP. Pleasebenewgamemodepleasebenewgamemodepleasebenewgamemode.

I know nataku already posted it but:

http://i.imgur.com/vZltg.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

So glad to see this already getting some use. :lol

For extra impact allow me to supply the gif...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/r8Aak.gif

Katoki

I know you want to know what I want to do, but I really don't know. I log on, and try to decide on something to do and feel complete apathy. Probably have a break from the game, or a real casual level up of alts.

Long term game is to get a good looking character, but that doesn't mean the gear has to be from dungeons. Is there a 'wowhead' equivalent for GW2 where you can check out gear skins?

Also the mini-games are terrible. I was looking forward to those, but they're either not in the game yet, or the ones that are are poorly implemented. The Keg Brawl - that should be great, but it's not. Why they don't let you join as a party doesn't make sense. Could have had a league system (even unofficial). Doesn't make sense for 'team' based game.

guildhead.com

But the particle effects are definitely not going to be showing up there.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I got a ticket to trade in for a wintersday weapon skin - how do they work? Are they permanent? I can only use them on one item, so is it best to use it on a final weapon that fits my character or can I keep on transmuting the look to better and better weapons (assuming they are permanent)?

After I know this, the only question is great sword or staff. Decisions, decisions...

Wintersday ended already? Boo, I was so close to getting Apprentice Toymaker (was logging in and out to do the Magic Snow but it seemed like they were onto me and it stopped resetting after awhile).

Wallach

I got a ticket to trade in for a wintersday weapon skin - how do they work? Are they permanent? I can only use them on one item, so is it best to use it on a final weapon that fits my character or can I keep on transmuting the look to better and better weapons (assuming they are permanent)?

After I know this, the only question is great sword or staff. Decisions, decisions...

Once you use a skin, it works like any other item. You can transmute that item with another and choose to keep the skin but use the stats of the new item.

Shrennin

Once you use a skin, it works like any other item. You can transmute that item with another and choose to keep the skin but use the stats of the new item.

Okay, thanks. I wanted to make sure before I used it - I ended up going with the staff because my main can only use a staff as opposed to my secondary which can use both a staff and greatsword.

Also, I ended up getting all the minis for Wintersday. Minis can sometimes be my bane. :/

Wallach

Okay, thanks. I wanted to make sure before I used it - I ended up going with the staff because my main can only use a staff as opposed to my secondary which can use both a staff and greatsword.

Just to be clear, once you transmute something it is bound. So it's not something you can pass between characters.

Shrennin

Just to be clear, once you transmute something it is bound. So it's not something you can pass between characters.

Yeah, I know. Thanks for the heads-up, regardless! I was going to use it for my main and just transmute the item along the way as my character levels. ^_^

I do wish that ANet would get rid of soul-bound items and just make everything account-bound, but there is probably a reason that certain items are still soul-bound rather than account-bound. I don't think there's anything in GW2 that can make an alt have an extreme advantage, but I'm guessing the actual reason is so that the skins that certain characters have show the achievements of those particular characters rather than the account itself.

TrounceX

This game. This fucking game. My life is over. Thank god I'm on break still or else I'd be failing every single one of my classes lmao

I just hit level 20 today and have been running around the Kessex Hills area. Gettin kicked around a bit by some enemies but I don't even care. And I just have to say again, I cannot believe how beautiful this game is. It completely justifies my overly powered PC. 1440p and still supersampling cuz y not. Lovin it.

Lyng

Actually some items you can. Just put them in bank and let another character pick it up.

This is the way I got the initial thief hood on my high level thief.
My making a new thief. Transmuting the hood, putting it in bank and then having the other thief pick it up in the bank.

(For those wondering, yes you can also do this with an engineer and for example get the engineer goggles on your ranger or thief)

jersoc

this is how I am now. I enjoy the special events because they are unique enough with interesting stuff to them. I got all the stuff for halloween and xmas titles and most of the minis as well. but after that, it's just meh.

the work towards legendary is suppose to be there, but honestly it's awful. anet fucks with drops too much and bans people to quickly for "exploits". it's hard as fuck to get ahead. I can't stand orr at all. It's awful in design. the new island as we all know was a huge bust. people go there for rich oric only and maybe the easy jump puzzle for quick loot to tell.

adding more depth to wvw would help for me personally since that's what I want to do. but it honestly feels like a waste of time now. matches are week and decided in a day or 2. there's little reason to hold on to stuff. not to mention the incredible gold sink to do anything meaniful. I never bought any siege gear.

a dungeon finder would help a lot too. I just don't want to stand around for 30 mins spamming a group. this problem has been solved. there is no reason anyone should ever NOT want one. it's stupid and all excuses about community are bullshit, especially with guild wars 2 x-server tech.

Forkball

I do hope they encourage more reasons to go back to the other areas. Level scaling and area specific loot were great ideas, but really once you're 80 you hang around in a few spots. It's so hard to level up an alt at off hours when no one is around to help you.

Retro

(For those wondering, yes you can also do this with an engineer and for example get the engineer goggles on your ranger or thief)

The only restrictions are race and armor class. You can't give a charr hood to a sylvari thief, for example (at least, I've read that you can't, I've never tried). You definitely can't use items from another armor class (i.e. no Thief hood for your Warrior).

But it is a good way to give your Engineer both the Backpack and Goggles (since there are no low-level back items to transmute to, start with the pack, transmute the goggles), or to give a hood to your ranger.

And I already gave my elementalist the cool Necromancer eyes.

You'd think a DungeonFinder in Guild Wars would be easier since it doesn't have to match up Tank, Healer, DPS, etc.

My personal and purely anecdotal reason for disliking LFG / Dungeon Finder tools is that the groups were always quiet, cold and business-like. I don't think of dungeons as something to get done as quickly and as efficiently as possible; I go to have fun, so my attitude is usually pretty light (ribbing people who get downed, cracking jokes, etc.). I'll stick to my GAFguild groups, but when that's not an option I would agree that cold and business-like is better than no dungeon at all. I also think they are waiting for Guesting to be implemented because then the expectation (even if the current reality already allows it) is "Anyone from anywhere at anytime", so players will feel like the pool of potential party members is huge. /shrug

I do hope they encourage more reasons to go back to the other areas. Level scaling and area specific loot were great ideas, but really once you're 80 you hang around in a few spots. It's so hard to level up an alt at off hours when no one is around to help you.

From Colin's post yesterday, it sounds like that's their goal for the early part of 2013; take all of the info from August to December and make the game better overall. I mean, we've seen the heatmaps from Beta; amplify that by a few months and you have a pretty solid idea where people are going and where they aren't. If I were ArenaNet, I'd spend a couple patch cycles turning the heat up on the cold spots, adding in new content and digging a few new places in the game world.

For example, we were discussing in the Shoutbox yesterday how they could update Queensdale. The Thieves are constantly poisoning / blowing up the Reservoir, harassing the farmers, etc. I'd go in and update the thief caves, making them much more fortified and adding on a bunch of new hideouts across the map. Then layer on the Dynamic Events; after so many "Stop the Bandit" quests have been completed, a zone-wide event begins with the Seraph commander coming down and saying "Enough of this shit, we're gonna root the bastards out", starting a series of events to capture their (now heavily fortified) positions, head down into the caves, and open up a new mini-dungeon similar to the Font of Rand. It's not quite instanced, but it's disconnected from the world at large. And within this segregated area (which can only be access when the event is taking place) there are more dynamic events with the players and bandits playing tug of war for control of the Bandit's stronghold up in the mountains over Bandithaunt Caverns. Maybe even add onto the Queensdale zone by having their fortress go up over the Ogre Cave and into a new section of the area along the river;

yT7Mj.jpg

Have a dynamic event where the thieves take control of and fortify that pass near the reservoir sort of be the 'last straw'. Then you charge in with the Seraph to take out their stronghold (the large purple area). Maybe add some fortifications in the Pinion Trail (that narrow road on the far left) to make it clear something is up. DEs in the area could be "Take control of the Thieves Wharf so reinforcements can arrive", maybe secure some kind of siege to take down some fortifications.

Obviously I'm making shit up on the spot, but these are the kind of things that I think would draw players back into the old zones. Make cool stuff happen with respectable karma rewards that scale comparable to Orr, and maybe some unique rewards like weapon skins exclusive to this event chain, or have the DEs spread across the maps (i.e. if you take out the Thief Stronghold in Queensdale, the Thieves do something else in Kessex).

/shrug

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nice.

Things go on sale on Black Lion Trading.

Gem prices skyrocket because of it

???

Profit?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So how can you profit from raising gem prices? Is the exchange rate affected, so you can get more gold for gems?

One of the biggest things for me in that quote from Colin earlier is that one of their major goals is "making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided." To me, that says the old zones are getting lots of new content. Again, we'll just have to wait and see what their plans are in their 2013 Preview.

Besides, it's not the kind of MMO where you need to play constantly anyways. If you're not having fun, stop; there's no subscription fee to make you feel obligated and apart from potentially being culled from the guild (which, in case anyone is curious, isn't anywhere close to being needed again, so relax). I know when I stop having fun or something else appeals to me, I'll stop playing. It just hasn't happened yet, except for a couple days last week where I played some Borderlands 2.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but just out of curiosity, do you think you've gotten what you paid for? That's not me saying "Shut up and appreciate the game" or trying to bait you into a debate, I'm just genuinely curious if you think you've gotten your money's worth out of it yet.
Oh, yes, I definitely got my money's worth out of the game. I mean, I consider any game where I actually make it through to the "finish line" a worthy game, simply because it's just so rare for me to actually do so (I still have a huge backlog on Steam).

I'm looking forward to these future updates. I really like the direction they're going in. The whole world should give you reasons to wander and explore - after all, it's a waste of so much virtual real estate (and developer man-hours) to have that stuff just fall to the wayside when players move on. If they can actually make their "dynamic" events more, well, dynamic, that alone would go a loooong way to extending the longevity of this game.

Arcteryx

Fuck. I really wish ANet hadn't made the TP global. Getting sick of all the people undercutting by 1s(or even worse, the asshole who undercut me by 1c on an item with a 15g listing fee...aka no way I'm re-listing it). There are only 11 of the item on the TP, so if it wasn't global I'd most likely have the only one on SBI listed(or maybe one of two or three, but not eleven).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom