• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't wait til my ele's dungeonable. Got to 22 from 19 in our shenanigans today.

I got my Ele to 35, been running nothing but AC, 19 levels in 2days, only had 2 shit groups and I bug run..You gain 1 level per run if you can kill the troll and Kholer...luckily for me the troll has appeared almost every run...

I initially thought GW2 was inferior to the trinity but that was in the early days and early levels when people didn't really know what they were doing because the trinity at least forces teamwork on fights. Now I really fricken love that in fight my ele d/d will dps but also potentially have to take aggro for a while and tank it or kite mobs around, all while also looking maximize the usefulness of the aoe boons, healing and condition removal I have. Being pigeonholed back into a trinity role would feel so restrictive after being able to have so much flexibility in improvising what i need to do based on what's happening with my teammates around me.

Hey I just came back to this game (I left for a bit after I was kicked out of GAFguild probably for inactivity. The Wii U just came out.) and I've been trying to get a re-invite but I can't seem to make contact with any admin, as I keep getting this invalid email error message whenever I type in Hawkian's or Ash's names into the Whisper bar.

Have their names changed in-game or something? I can't tell what's going on.

Retro

Hey I just came back to this game (I left for a bit after I was kicked out of GAFguild probably for inactivity. The Wii U just came out.) and I've been trying to get a re-invite but I can't seem to make contact with any admin, as I keep getting this invalid email error message whenever I type in Hawkian's or Ash's names into the Whisper bar.

Have their names changed in-game or something? I can't tell what's going on.

Send an in-game mail to Professor Retro, or post a character or account (name.####) here and we'll get you squared away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whispers only work if they're online at the moment you hit enter- in-game mail you can send and they'll get it next time they sign on.

*yawn* Damnit. Conked out for the night right after work again last night. Monday and I really don't get along..

Whispers only work if they're online at the moment you hit enter- in-game mail you can send and they'll get it next time they sign on.

*yawn* Damnit. Conked out for the night right after work again last night. Monday and I really don't get along..

Monday is terrible, until you realize you have 4 more exact same days coming up!

zulfate

Monday is terrible, until you realize you have 4 more exact same days coming up!

Ugh i thought this was a guild wars thread....never bring up work or anything that will remind me of reality :)

Top page pro tip: when facing a veteran giant never have your elite skill on scroll wheel :/

Vossler

ANybody else read the release from Colin? Looks like certain areas of the world are going to be explored, as well as a reward system for achievements. Sounds good to me.

On an unrelated note, I've been perusing other guild forums, and I was thinking, what if we setup a day, say like Sunday, to do Fractals? All levels, newbies and experienced, and just dedicated that day to fractals. Then mayhaps we can expand it to include certain days for Arah, CoE, etc. Just a thought I was having.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Elite on scroll wheel! That radical.

I wouldn't have brought it up except it meant I didn't get to play yesterday.

But- long day at work today and I'm gonna play a bunch tonight for sure. I'm supposed to try TERA, so I'll probably get to level 5 in that or something, at least see if I want to come bcak when it's free.

Anybody interested in leveling a 20-30 character and/or doing some dungeons tonight arouuuund like 8-9PM est?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ANybody else read the release from Colin? Looks like certain areas of the world are going to be explored, as well as a reward system for achievements. Sounds good to me.

On an unrelated note, I've been perusing other guild forums, and I was thinking, what if we setup a day, say like Sunday, to do Fractals? All levels, newbies and experienced, and just dedicated that day to fractals. Then mayhaps we can expand it to include certain days for Arah, CoE, etc. Just a thought I was having.
Hey don't ever hesitate to set something like this up! I'd certainly support it.

Doing fractals together will be SO much easier when the fix comes in. Then it'll just be "hey who wants to do fractals??" and I will laugh and sing.
I'm up for fractals too, stopped playing b4 it came out. Not even sure what it is.
Ahh, you're in for a treat man. They're 9 new mini-dungeons, all completely different, and they have their own level progression with a lot of ways to get really good loot from doing them regularly.

When you do 3 fractals, you gain a fractal level. On even-numbered fractal levels you also go to a 4th, boss fractal. In between fractal levels you can sell, repair, etc

61efeToken-Items.jpg

I want Chauncey von Snuffles III!

Edit: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

nataku

Also, we’ll add a new motivation to the WvW domain that goes beyond the overall weekly score to give more short term reasons to be winning in WvW as well.

Hopefully that means some sort of Darkness Falls type PvEvP dungeon. I know the devs said in the past they're big fans of DAOC, and recently Colin said he was stoked about what was coming for WvW as an old DAOC fan. I don't think anything would get people to care more about WvW than something like that.

Elite on scroll wheel! That radical.

I wouldn't have brought it up except it meant I didn't get to play yesterday.

But- long day at work today and I'm gonna play a bunch tonight for sure. I'm supposed to try TERA, so I'll probably get to level 5 in that or something, at least see if I want to come bcak when it's free.

Anybody interested in leveling a 20-30 character and/or doing some dungeons tonight arouuuund like 8-9PM est?

I can do that if possible, As you know my engineer is 40ish so she isn't that high, so itll probably help me out as well. And damn if you guys do fractals on sunday I'm going to miss out, havent even done any of that or any dungeons

Bummed to see no talk of a new PVP gametype. The rest sounds good though. Not so sure about their apparent focus on achievement involvement though. Achievements should be an added on bonus to go after, not a focal point to get people involved. If people don't care about them now I don't see how they will much after this.

Not saying it's a bad thing, just don't think it should be the main focus to get people involved.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Blogpost was pretty non-specific. I'm just glad to see possible WvW reward overhaul. Sitting on a ton of badges at the moment. I wonder if they'll do anything to fix the economy. There's some huge wealth disparity in the player base but they might be okay with it since it pushes the poorer people to buy gems.

Blogpost was pretty non-specific. I'm just glad to see possible WvW reward overhaul. Sitting on a ton of badges at the moment. I wonder if they'll do anything to fix the economy. There's some huge wealth disparity in the player base but they might be okay with it since it pushes the poorer people to buy gems.

I'm guessing it pushes people away from WvW rather than to buying gems. Sure some probably buy gems, but I bet a lot just avoid WvW more often than not.

Most of those people responding to that thread don't even play anymore. Even if they were to come back, most wouldn't join the GAFGuild because we're all "fanboys."

Sorry, the game has been out a short time and still has its fair share of bugs and such. Other MMOs have been around longer and have been in development for a long, long time.

Granted I don't need to hear their complaints in guild chat because it just becomes attention-whoring and obnoxious, where I simply turn off guild chat. That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well I can see why this game and it's mechanics might put people off. It does get really really good only when you're actually competent. Before that it can be a bit of a mess.

Funny.

The simple reality is that GW2 really does need lots of work if they want it to last like the first game has, and listening to some of the criticisms of players who liked it but couldn't find motivation beyond level cap/100% world completion is definitely a good idea. I don't see any point to blowing off their complaints.

I know it's annoying if you disagree with them and you're enjoying the game and all, but you can just tune them out (it's what I tend to do with PSO2, where the complaints are... considerably less reasonable, IMO).

Most of those people responding to that thread don't even play anymore. Even if they were to come back, most wouldn't join the GAFGuild because we're all "fanboys."

Sorry, the game has been out a short time and still has its fair share of bugs and such. Other MMOs have been around longer and have been in development for a long, long time.

Granted I don't need to hear their complaints in guild chat because it just becomes attention-whoring and obnoxious, where I simply turn off guild chat. That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks.

Discounting peoples opinions because they don't play the game anymore is pretty shortsighted. If someone stops playing a game they bought there is generally a reason whether it is opinion based or not that they did so.

The idea that you would kick people out of a guild for complaints or not playing as much as other people is pretty unfortunate as well. The game has its issues just like any other game and discouraging discussion isn't doing anyone any favors.

Discounting peoples opinions because they don't play the game anymore is pretty shortsighted. If someone stops playing a game they bought there is generally a reason whether it is opinion based or not that they did so.

The idea that you would kick people out of a guild for complaints or not playing as much as other people is pretty unfortunate as well. The game has its issues just like any other game and discouraging discussion isn't doing anyone any favors.

Please state where I kick people out for complaining? We only remove people for being inactive for a long time in the guild. I turn off guild chat from my own perspective which does nothing to the guild at all.

Inactives take up space in the past before and people from the overflow couldn't get in at all. So for those that stopped playing, it made sense to remove them because Anet decided not to give guild management tools.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Please for the love of god, do not go in this thread Guild Wars 2 has sold over 3 million copies since August, 2013 content plans outlined let it die a quick death.

Thread about a game's sales figures hijacked and converted into a Moderator-sanctioned hate thread.

Welcome to NeoGAF.

Let that thread die.

This thread is more insular than the Vita thread, which is incredibly bizarre. I complain and argue over game mechanics a lot in Guild Chat, so feel free to use the ignore feature if you'd like.

Please state where I kick people out for complaining? We only remove people for being inactive for a long time in the guild. I turn off guild chat from my own perspective which does nothing to the guild at all.

Inactives take up space in the past before and people from the overflow couldn't get in at all. So for those that stopped playing, it made sense to remove them because Anet decided not to give guild management tools.

"Granted I don't need to hear their complaints in guild chat because it just becomes attention-whoring and obnoxious, where I simply turn off guild chat. That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks".

That reads like you don't want people in the guild that are complaining and following it up with That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks can be interpreted pretty easily that way.

If that wasn't what you meant then that is fine but it still seems needlessly agressive against anyone that has any issues with the game.

Really I took more issue with the fact that peoples opinions were being dismissed than anything else.

This thread is more insular than the Vita thread, which is incredibly bizarre. I complain and argue over game mechanics a lot in Guild Chat, so feel free to use the ignore feature if you'd like.

Oh I do, I've put some people on my ignore list, but it doesn't affect guild chat so I have to turn that off too. It's an odd loophole I find bizarre myself.

Retro

He didn't say he would kick them out for complaining (though there is a guild policy against excessive negativity) or playing as much as other people. He said we kick them because they are inactive and taking up room in the guild (which has a cap of 500) that could be used by people who are actually playing. Anyone who gets removed from the guild for being inactive is welcome back at any time.

Our policy has always been "If they are inactive, they won't notice they were removed, and if they are active, they will and ask to be let back in." We've only ever had to do it twice, and most of the confusion comes from GW2's lack of a "Last Played" listing.

Worth mentioning that since launch, we've only kicked one person out of the guild for something other than being inactive.

"Granted I don't need to hear their complaints in guild chat because it just becomes attention-whoring and obnoxious, where I simply turn off guild chat. That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks".

That reads like you don't want people in the guild that are complaining and following it up with That's another reason why people who are inactive were kicked because they do not actively contribute to earning guild influence, when we can get in new folks can be interpreted pretty easily that way.

If that wasn't what you meant then that is fine but it still seems needlessly agressive against anyone that has any issues with the game.

Really I took more issue with the fact that peoples opinions were being dismissed than anything else.

It does me no good if you can't suggest anything to remedy the situation.

Make a list of complaints, figure out what you'd do to fix/eliminate the problem. I don't care if you complain in guild chat, but it is MY decision to turn it off when I want to enjoy my own gameplay. I think every person has a right to ignore someone and since it's the internet, it's easy to do.

It does me no good if you can't suggest anything to remedy the situation.

Make a list of complaints, figure out what you'd do to fix/eliminate the problem. I don't care if you complain in guild chat, but it is MY decision to turn it off when I want to enjoy my own gameplay. I think every person has a right to ignore someone and since it's the internet, it's easy to do.

I have no issue with you ignoring complaints, but people were dismissing the entire thread and you brought up that most of the people in there don't even play anymore like it has any significance when it comes to there opinion.

All negativity doesn't come with malice against the game, when I buy something I don't want to hate it. I go in wanting to like it as much as possible and discussion is what leads to ideas to actually implement fixes into the game like you want.

Levyne

Banned
One of my goals is to run Arah paths 1,2, and 4 despite 3 being easiest and the only one the guild seems to form.

Any like minded people want to suffer enjoy the other paths with me?

I have no issue with you ignoring complaints, but people were dismissing the entire thread and you brought up that most of the people in there don't even play anymore like it has any significance when it comes to there opinion.

All negativity doesn't come with malice against the game, when I buy something I don't want to hate it. I go in wanting to like it as much as possible and discussion is what leads to ideas to actually implement fixes into the game like you want.

Right. I apologize if I had mislead you in thinking I was dismissing the entire thread. All I could get out of that was "this game sucks lol" and that's it. Very few worthy comments on how to fix the game or improve it, but just endless loads of crapping. You'd eventually get sick of it sometime down the road I imagine.

Well back to proper discussion, at least the changes coming will improve the overall game in a manner but probably not for everyone.

Levyne

Banned
One of our focuses is expanding and leveraging our achievement system. The concept behind this is to allow players to earn new rewards for achievements, as well as progressing down achievement paths that take advantage of the open world experience. We’ll add tokens for your achievement you can turn in to select from a list of rewards, including new reward types like ascended gear and infusions. We’ll add support so daily achievements will be different each day of the week, which will help drive players to different areas of the world and play together. Later, we’ll also be adding a system that lets you complete a subgroup of achievements to fulfill your daily. For example, if there are 6 daily achievements available, you’ll only need to do 4 of the 6. So you can choose the achievements that you’re most interested in.

The rewards, obviously, are enticing , but just having different daily achievements for different days that encourage revisiting places and teaming up seems amazing.

Vossler

One of my goals is to run Arah paths 1,2, and 4 despite 3 being easiest and the only one the guild seems to form.

Any like minded people want to suffer enjoy the other paths with me?

I have two level 80s, and still haven't set foot into Arah. Would liked to try with my Guardian, as I am learning quite a bit about melee combat now that I've geared him out.

Trey

Funny.

The simple reality is that GW2 really does need lots of work if they want it to last like the first game has, and listening to some of the criticisms of players who liked it but couldn't find motivation beyond level cap/100% world completion is definitely a good idea. I don't see any point to blowing off their complaints.

I know it's annoying if you disagree with them and you're enjoying the game and all, but you can just tune them out (it's what I tend to do with PSO2, where the complaints are... considerably less reasonable, IMO).

Even if the actual game cannot hold the attention of people past max level, it doesn't mean GW2's game design failed. That's why there is no subscription fee: you get out of GW2 what you put into it. Everything in the game is designed around being convenient and immediate. The vast majority of that thread is missing the mark with their criticism, because it basically all boils down to GW2 not complying with what they're comfortable with. Which is fine, but it displays very little critical thinking and is not a sound basis to say the game is objectively bad.

I'm not implying that GW2 is beyond criticism or without faults. But if "I can't push red bars" is the basis for your criticism, then it's worthless with regards to what GW2 is and wants to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom