• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarMacheen

Anet, just fix the goddamn drop rates

you fuckers won't even address the problem, yet you update us with some vague shit most don't give a damn about or have heard before.

I personally don't give a flying shit about even more tokens and updated content if the drop rate still blows and the DR is still broken

All of the tool-tips and tutorial aspects of the game are totally subpar. To get the most out of the game's mechanics you definitely need to seek help and ask knowledgeable players questions. I had this issue with GW1 as well, and they sincerely improved things for educating new characters starting in the expansions, it's a pity the newbie-teaching experience in this was a bit of a step back.

I would have loved something along the lines of the heavily-scripted PvP tutorial in the Heart of the Mists, teaching you how to dodge, AoE, combo skills, boons vs. conditions, etc. Maybe one day!

Yea I played gw1 by myself and the reason I didn't really play was because I had no idea what I was doing and there wasn't really anything out there to help.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh one more thing I urgently want them to fix which is sharing frac level between all characters so I'm not shoehorned into one character when I'm running them. I want to use all my characters in fracs, but I don't want to start at level 1 for each.

Complistic

Oh one more thing I urgently want them to fix which is sharing frac level between all characters so I'm not shoehorned into one character when I'm running them. I want to use all my characters in fracs, but I don't want to start at level 1 for each.

If they do this, it's going to become even harder than it is now to get a level 1 fractal group going.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm really interested in the "guild missions" and all the other guild stuff they have planned.

I had a blast last weekend doing the "Cleanup Krewe" event in Metrica Province, and I'd love more of that stuff.

It got me thinking that I SORT OF miss raiding. "Raiding" for me simply defined as the act of tearing up shit with more than one group. I like having fun times with a guild, but I don't miss the player-driven extra bullshit that comes along with "raiding" in most other games, however, such as the mandatory attendance and add-ons.

You can take a bunch of people to do events in GW2 but it can be difficult. When we did the Orr event I personally noticed I only got kill credit for about half of the stuff we killed and that made some parts kinda dull because it felt like I wasn't contributing anything. "Cleanup Krewe" was much more fun - perhaps because it was a smaller group.
Welp, nothing we can do about too many people showing up ;)
With the new changes/fixes, this would make a lot of sense.
If they do this, it's going to become even harder than it is now to get a level 1 fractal group going.
No silly. There won't be a such thing as a "level 1 group" anymore!

Anet, just fix the goddamn drop rates

you fuckers won't even address the problem, yet you update us with some vague shit most don't give a damn about or have heard before.

I personally don't give a flying shit about even more tokens and updated content if the drop rate still blows and the DR is still broken

this.

Levyne

Banned
What's wrong with drop rates? I get a couple rares every day and every so often I get an exotic?

Is it something specific I am underthinking?

Proven

What's wrong with drop rates? I get a couple rares every day and every so often I get an exotic?

Yeah, I don't see a problem. I'm drowning in exotics.

As usual, compare experiences. Do you guys do dungeons or fractals more? I get at least one rare per hour of high-end content (explorable dungeon runs, WvW, and Orr stuff).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure. I'll put TERA off for a bit, I just made my character.

none of the races or classes appeal to me O.O

Lunar15

I really love this game, but man that update video/blog post was really unexciting. I never expected any solid details, but it just basically sounded like "yep, we're just gonna do FUN STUFF next year!".

There's a lot of things they need to fix, but if this was supposed to get me hyped up, it didn't really do a very good job.

zulfate

Sure. I'll put TERA off for a bit, I just made my character.

none of the races or classes appeal to me O.O

i mentioned this earlier to you but i dont think you noticed because it was an edit, but i thought you hated TERA? i personally wouldnt mind trying out tera but man besides the combat that game reeks of korean mmo aesthetics.

can we do FOTM on saturday instead of sunday? meh what does it matter we can do it whenever we want!...i went in once for a few feet and had to log off, havent been to it since then because of my guardian.

Trey

I really love this game, but man that update video/blog post was really unexciting. I never expected any solid details, but it just basically sounded like "yep, we're just gonna do FUN STUFF next year!".

There's a lot of things they need to fix, but if this was supposed to get me hyped up, it didn't really do a very good job.

It was not supposed to get you hyped up. All of the post/video was about the vision Anet currently has and the direction they're taking the game. It was not formally announcing any new features. It would be poor form to hype ideas, because then Anet would be pigeonholed in delivering on promises they weren't ready to make.

They'll show us stuff when it's ready. That's how it's always been.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i mentioned this earlier to you but i dont think you noticed because it was an edit, but i thought you hated TERA? i personally wouldnt mind trying out tera but man besides the combat that game reeks of korean mmo aesthetics.

can we do FOTM on saturday instead of sunday? meh what does it matter we can do it whenever we want!...i went in once for a few feet and had to log off, havent been to it since then because of my guardian.

Not at all, I've never played it. I don't care much for the art design, but the combat looks phenomenal. I have a sort of depressing feeling that I'll come out of it thinking, "the combat is amazing, if only it was a better game" and sort of lament the whole thing.

One thing I really personal have a lot of trouble with is the korean leveling curve. If this is going to feel like that, I'll lose patience quickly. I don't know how people can have more than one character at endgame in those games :X

edit: Welp, the default gamepad controls are all wrong! :p

okay, all customizable, got it down. The way the UI represents the controller and toggles when you hold the button down is EXACTLY how I want the GW2 UI to look. I wish they would implement it. Huge thumbs up on that.

I've never, ever seen combo field combat work like it did in the highly scripted class previews. In reality, it's it's cryptic and it isn't very effective (or just a random bonus in zergs).
I love combo fields. It's the main reason I field an offhand focus (with a blast finisher) for my guardian. At first I didn't understand how they worked, but eventually I picked up bits and pieces with the various dungeon runs with guild members. I didn't memorize that 10x10 or whatever table on the wiki; I just picked it up and became more cognizant of the fields.

The quick AC/CoF runs are even quicker when we're dropping finishers on fire fields and granting stacks of might for allies and combo'ing up burning for enemies. When I see Seda throw out his healing spring field with his ranger, I run over, pop Focus 5, and splash heals on everyone. I love giving my co-melee'ers chaos armor when I run with mesmers. (a possible bug or I'm not paying enough attention: I don't see healing combos when I blast my focus in an ele's healing rain water field).

I also take advantage of others' finishers. E.g., with the spider queen mid-boss in AC, I throw out a Wall of Reflection light field in front of her. That spares the ranged folks from her poison globs and their bullets/arrows combo up with my Wall and remove conditions for me, namely the poison that I'm receiving while I'm slashing at the spider's face. I can also stand within the wall itself, pop the Focus' finisher, and give myself a retaliation boon.

(I could take advantage of the hammer's more frequent finishers, but I like the speed of the sword for solo PvE, so it's a nice balance for me).

If I see that my dungeon group is dropping circle fields left and right, then I'll change my utility slot to the Wall or something else. If I hardly see fields, then I always default to Hallowed Ground consecration utility skill. Its 10-second fire field is too good to pass up. Maybe I should test out the Purging Flames field for my next AC run?

I have no problems with getting a few rares a week. The cores/lodestones drops should be amended, somehow. Only clinically insane people can fathom farming 100 onyx or charged lodestones. Forces reliance on the TP, when the precursor costs are already high enough for Anet to take notice.

It's kind of fun to read the old articles by Anet on GW2's development, back when we knew basically nothing.

How far we've come.

You should link or bullet points the features they suggest to see how many of them made it and how similar (if at all) they are to what they wanted.

zon

Yeah some of the cores/lodestones are out of whack in terms of availability vs price on the TP. The crafting materials alone for some cool looking exotics cost twice or thrice as much as many precursors do right now.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Yes you can. We are in Stormbluff Isle. There are already many Brits and other Europeans playing with us on that server and they don't seem to be complaining about any lag.

So finally joined back up after getting all the patches out of the way, rolled a Guardian and it seems like the jump to Stormbluff Isle from the UK seems to be fine.

Who should I be dropping for a Guild Invite?

Will be on most nights from about 7pm-ish (GMT). Do I need a Mic and Headset?

jchalmers.4937

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That was fun running around Fields of Ruin last night, thanks for making it a full party :) 3.5 levels in a little over an hour, woo

edit: Send an in-game mail to Hawkian The Blade if you aren't able to reach one of the other officers (Arken Elric, Ferny, Ashodin Venteal, Nephenee Reginleif, Professor Retro, Wallach, Jepsen) via whisper during the day. I'll add you after work! As far as a mic, you don't need one, but Mumble is great for tough dungeon runs and guild events. I'd get it whether or not you have/use a mic, at least to be able to listen at certain times.

Not at all, I've never played it. I don't care much for the art design, but the combat looks phenomenal. I have a sort of depressing feeling that I'll come out of it thinking, "the combat is amazing, if only it was a better game" and sort of lament the whole thing.

One thing I really personal have a lot of trouble with is the korean leveling curve. If this is going to feel like that, I'll lose patience quickly. I don't know how people can have more than one character at endgame in those games :X

okay, all customizable, got it down. The way the UI represents the controller and toggles when you hold the button down is EXACTLY how I want the GW2 UI to look. I wish they would implement it. Huge thumbs up on that.

I may have to give TERA a try. Is F2P out already? I thought it was in February.

A controller UI would be awesome for GW2. For melee, I honestly think the game controls better with the controller. If they can come up with a solution for targeting (even if it's goood-but-not-as-good-as-a-keyboard), I think it'd be worth the time to make a controller UI. They may be able to rake in a bit of the console crowd.

JChalmers

Neo Member
That was fun running around Fields of Ruin last night, thanks for making it a full party :) 3.5 levels in a little over an hour, woo

edit: Send an in-game mail to Hawkian The Blade if you aren't able to reach one of the other officers (Arken Elric, Ferny, Ashodin Venteal, Nephenee Reginleif, Professor Retro, Wallach, Jepsen) via whisper during the day. I'll add you after work! As far as a mic, you don't need one, but Mumble is great for tough dungeon runs and guild events. I'd get it whether or not you have/use a mic, at least to be able to listen at certain times.

Cheers for the heads up. Will drop a message tonight when I'm back from work. Will have a look at Mics/Headsets, probably pick one up next month on pay day.

Never thought about trying to give this a go with the 360 controller, could be rather easy to play with limited amount of skills being used at once....

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Any idea when the Fractals patch goes out? I didn't jump on the Fractals hype train right away and now still sitting at like level 3. I would go ahead and use GW2LFG.com to climb up but I did that on Monday night and got one of the silliest groups ever. (I basically solo'd the Jade Maw)

Vossler

Any idea when the Fractals patch goes out? I didn't jump on the Fractals hype train right away and now still sitting at like level 3. I would go ahead and use GW2LFG.com to climb up but I did that on Monday night and got one of the silliest groups ever. (I basically solo'd the Jade Maw)

I'd like to get back into Fractals with my newly minted 80 Guard. Got my ranger to about 12, then stopped and worked on leveling this guy. I think I may have done 1 Fractal with this Guard, so if in game at the same time, I'd be down.

Arcteryx

Finally completed my Ranger look:

gw08396kmi.png

Pretty much done as far as alts/mains go. Time to play the game now :) WvW for life!

zulfate

call me crazy or blasphemy....but i prefer playing games on a controller, so come next month ill try the game but i really like guild wars world and quest system, i am sure i am going to get hit in the face with old mmo quest design once i begin the game but having a mmo design with a controller in mind helps that is why i played so much DCUO.

Vossler

Trying to debate what class to level next. Thinking warrior, but I don't have a scholar class. Have an 80 ranger, 80 guardian, and 10 thief.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Let me explain to you why you cannot guest on worlds in another region.

There are two databases: European player data is stored in our European datacenter, American player data is stored in our American datacenter. This is to ensure that people in these regions can still properly play in case there is an issue with the connection between the datacenters.

When you do a world transfer from the US to the EU (and vice versa) your player data is transferred from one datacenter to the other. This is not the case with guesting, as you are still “registered” on your home world.

I understand that some of you are disappointed that you cannot guest on worlds in another region, but considering the complexity of internet routing, our main priority is to ensure that players have as much of an uninterrupted game experience as possible, which is the reason why we have two datacenters.

On another note: I will try to get an answer to the guild influence question that has been posted a couple of times.
This actually kind of sucks. There are two guys I used to play GW1 with using World Districts. I thought guesting would finally bring us back together. </3

Taffer

This actually kind of sucks. There are two guys I used to play GW1 with my using World Districts. I thought guesting would finally bring us back together. </3

I was sort of hoping that (cross-region guesting) would work so I could use Stormbluff-GAF as a source of late-night dungeon groups. Oh well, I'll be happy with guesting when it does arrive, I've been waiting to play with some other people since launch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally completed my Ranger look:

Pretty much done as far as alts/mains go. Time to play the game now :) WvW for life!
Hot! Nice work.
Cheers for the heads up. Will drop a message tonight when I'm back from work. Will have a look at Mics/Headsets, probably pick one up next month on pay day.

Never thought about trying to give this a go with the 360 controller, could be rather easy to play with limited amount of skills being used at once....
call me crazy or blasphemy....but i prefer playing games on a controller, so come next month ill try the game but i really like guild wars world and quest system, i am sure i am going to get hit in the face with old mmo quest design once i begin the game but having a mmo design with a controller in mind helps that is why i played so much DCUO.
This is gonna be a little hard to explain, but here goes...

TERA is designed to work out of the box with a controller, but it is not designed with a controller in mind. Bizarrely, GW2 feels like it was much more of a natural fit for a controller despite all of the great UI support and seamless functionality of the interface in TERA.

To be more specific... first of all, you have way more skills in TERA. I didn't count but there's lots. This requires the use of two toggles rather than the one on my GW2 profile. It's workable, but pretty complex. Also, the slots are all configurable. While this seems like a good idea in theory, it's sort of a nightmare when you want to train yourself to use muscle memory instead of the HUD. I'll talk a little more about this in a sec, but it ended up confusing me before I even hit level 2. :( The combat mechanics, while obviously excellent, are also pretty clearly not designed for a controller. You stand in place any time you attack. This makes the contact of any given attack much more concrete, I imagine, but it just feels weird with a controller. It's probably less distracting for a melee character, but mine is a mystic, the autoattack a ranged attack. I feel like I should be able to keep a target it my crosshairs, strafe around it, and keep taking continuous shots at it while staying out of range. Nope... I have to pick a spot and plant myself there. Plus, for some skills you lock on with the crosshair but can't move your character to align the reticle. I'm sure it's something you get used to but it just makes a lot more sense from a KB+M perspective.

After adjusting as best I could to the controls, I also noticed- the game has no dodge at all, right? I mean, I assume some melee classes get evasion skills, but there's no universal dodge mechanic, only kiting? Finally, using the controller for mouse work in GW2 is pretty rare and never particularly taxing (usually about as much work as clicking the gear, clicking "Deposit Collectibles" or clicking on the dungeon path I want to vote for. But so far as I can tell you have to manage your quest log in TERA, despite all the built-in support, with a mouse cursor. It gets old.

Against all odds I may actually be switching back to KB+M to try to get the most out of it. :(

I played Tera yesterday and it is interesting but GW2 has far too many design principles I prefer.
*sigh*

I'm about to log back in, but this is going to be my "ominous sense of foreboding" post and some preliminary info-gathering for my mini-review whenever I decide to either quit or stick with it. I'm keeping this stuff out of the TERA OT for I have no desire to stir up any trouble, so I thank you for letting me rant a bit here.

The game didn't make a great first impression. Pre-launch I had to modify my hosts file and disable my firewall to get the patcher to download, but whatever. The opening FMV seems particularly low-resolution despite having great assets. I don't really get why, the game installation is massive! :p Then I for the first time in my life couldn't really find any race/class combo I liked. The races aren't totally uninspired, there were just none that really appealed to me. That's just personal taste so it's not a knock against the design. I settled on a Baraka cause they're all bulbous. Then on the class screen, it has a player difficulty rating per class, which is awesome. But right under that, are notes like "This class makes a good tank, but has limited DPS potential." For people who really love the Trinity and think it's great, this is probably a godsend. But I was really surprised to see the trinity all up in my face before even leaving character creation. To me, that screen felt a lot more like it was asking "Which of the three roles do you want to play in combat?" rather than "What kind of character do you want to make?" Furthermore... where's my class? There's seemingly no speedy-melee-low HP-high dps-evasion-assassin-thiefy class at all. :( The closest based on the descriptions was Slayer, but they use a damn greatsword! I made a mystic because a bulbous stone giant with a tiny stick healing people sounds funny.

So then it plops you in the game and you're off. The graphics engine is gorgeous, by the way, and the performance is fantastic. It definitely has the technical edge on GW; higher poly models, higher-res textures. I think the animation quality is actually well below GW2's, but the TERA animations also serve more complex, action-gamey mechanical purposes, so they're more than adequate.

First thing I noticed was how many skills they started you off with. It was overwhelming, but I thought TERA just must be a more hardcore RPG than I realized. I was impressed that they gave you so much to play with right off the bat. A little tooltip popped up and was like, "hover over your skills to read what they do." So... I did. I spent a little while reading all the skill descriptions and learning the button combo to activate them reliably on my controller. I didn't have any clue when to use any of them, but I at least learned what they did and how to perform them.

Cue a few waves of grunts that I got rid of with the autoattack and then a boss. It's clearly and ludicrously obvious that this is where the game shines. Beyond the control caveats above, the boss fight felt not like an action-RPG but just a straight-up action game, even with my ranged caster class. I felt like something of a badass even though it was the first encounter, firing off my most damaging spells and healing random NPC fodder until the thing fell with a great death animation, and then in true action-game style, a bigger baddie bursts the fuck in for a "supposed to lose" fight (which I wasted way too much time on thinking I could win). Just a cool intro to the combat system overall, where while not knowing what I was doing it still felt cool.

Then... I popped out after the load and all my skills were gone.

What.

I had been the victim of a trick embraced by far too many singleplayer action-adventures. "Hey here's how cool you might be one day, isn't this fun? NOW GROVEL ETERNALLY FOR YOU ARE WEAK." The game didn't even explain it, really. No "woops! An evil fairy has sapped your badass powers! do favors for the villagers to earn XP and grow stronger!"

I instantly regretted having spent as much time as I did learning the skills and controls. The only skill it let me keep besides the auto-attack was a heal, and it changed it to a completely different button slot on the gamepad. So whenever I tried to do the old skill that was there, I did the heal. I tried moving it back to the slot it was before, but now the initial slot was just blank and I got even more confused. This is definitely one of the ways in which GW2's design shines on a gamepad. Pressing the button combo for heal always heals my character in GW2, regardless of what character I'm playing or what level I am or what skills I have equipped. I hadn't realized how much I'd come to count on it.

Anyway, what I'm getting at with all of this annoying lead-up is this: how long is it before I get those skills back? Just a rough hour range would be amazing.

I am totally willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, and stick with it. Tons of games don't really click for a while and that's more pronounced than ever in Korean MMOs. I just have a sneaking suspicion about various other things that I don't want to believe...

For those that have played a lot, some answers on these would be super awesome and helpful:

Does the game have loot- or kill-stealing?
Is the primary travel walking, mounts and flightpaths?
Is there a loot treadmill?
Will I be managing my quest log up until the level cap?
Do you have to backtrack to NPCs for rewards?
Skill obsolescence? (I talked to a trainer and it looked like there were skills with the exact same name but different lvl reqs)
Can mystics use more than one kind of weapon?

I'm trying to decide how long I want to devote to something sort of not-very-fun for me in the pursuit of "getting to the good stuff." What I want is to be able to just fuck around with the boss combat in a real way and be able to explore the depths of all the classes without feeling like doing a bunch of tedious chores to get there. I'm starting to think I'll almost definitely wind up feeling like TERA should have been a hub/excursion model action-RPG like Vindictus or Monster Hunter (mechanically, not art design or anything). It clearly justifies the existence of its glorious combat; it doesn't do anything to justify its identity as an MMO.

Hell I think I'd even pay real money for an arena mode or something, where it just gives you a high-level character to play with in controlled boss fights and no persistence whatsoever, it seems like it's that deep.

Alas. Aaaaanyway.

Katoki

I think it may have been your expectations. When I did the one week trial, it was pretty clear to me the beginning part on the beach was a tutorial since it taught us how to do different things. Then again, I'm also used to games doing that for the tutorial where you have the majority of the class skills if not all of them available to you. Besides that, I only recall hitting level 10 or so and having about 5 buttons for skills to press by then? The game is still fun at this point but you feel kind of like a yo-yo with the questing though:

- Pick up quest(s)
- Go fulfill requirements for quest(s)
- Turn in quest(s)
- Find next hub
- Repeat

If you were to ask me the time requirement to get everything you had in the tutorial back (with gear and all), I would say that it would be beyond your attention span judging from your experiences with GW2. I probably wouldn't bother with it myself either after having played GW2 and I've done a lot of mindless things in my lifetime.

---

Does the game have loot- or kill-stealing?
I can't recall as I tried to steer clear of other people in the area and they did the same for me.

Is the primary travel walking, mounts and flightpaths?
I can't recall either.

Is there a loot treadmill?
Most likely. Ready for someone to refute this but it is your standard MMO of the time sans the amazing combat they advertise.

Will I be managing my quest log up until the level cap?
I can tell you I had a pretty list to stare at by level 10.

Do you have to backtrack to NPCs for rewards?
If you mean like our karma vendors for skins, no. If you mean by missing the quest while you were in that zone and doing it later, yes.

Skill obsolescence? (I talked to a trainer and it looked like there were skills with the exact same name but different lvl reqs)
This one looks like WoW where you'd rank up the same skill to be stronger. So the previous ranks would be obsolete, but I didn't play a healer so I can't say for the heal spells. I do remember in WoW where if you wanted to save on MP/"they didn't need that big of a heal," you'd use a lower rank.

Can mystics use more than one kind of weapon?
Don't recall details such as this. Based on what the site shows and my memory, you're probably stuck with one weapon.

Edit: Your class skills: http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/classes/mystic

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it may have been your expectations. When I did the one week trial, it was pretty clear to me the beginning part on the beach was a tutorial since it taught us how to do different thing. Then again, I'm also used to games doing that for the tutorial where you have the majority of the class skills if not all of them available to you.
What other MMOs do that! I thought it was a tutorial too, I just thought learning the skills was part of the tutorial :p
Besides that, I only recall hitting level 10 or so and having about 5 buttons for skills to press by then?
Oh okay, that's not so bad I guess. All I have at level 3 is the autoattack. :p Nothing seems to be able to damage me yet so the heal is a bit worthless.
If you were to ask me the time requirement to get everything you had in the tutorial back, I would say that it would be beyond your attention span judging from your experiences with GW2. I probably wouldn't bother with it myself either after having played GW2.
Bleh, that is not at all what I hoped to hear. All the design conventions definitely point right to "this is a subscription MMO." :(

After adjusting as best I could to the controls, I also noticed- the game has no dodge at all, right? I mean, I assume some melee classes get evasion skills, but there's no universal dodge mechanic, only kiting?
Every class has a different defensive mechanic.

Warriors dodge and block. Lancers block. Priests get two back-steps. Berserkers block with their weapon, but unlike Lancers cannot block attacks from hitting teammates behind them. Mystics blink. Sorcerers get dodge AND blink. Rangers back-step. Slayers dodge.

It's worth noting that only warrior and slayer get invincibility frames in their dodges, everyone else who has a back-step or blink actually has to physically avoid damage.

Thanks for the dungeon run guys. First time so it was quite experience. Hopefully that part with the warrior ghosts isnt what happens in all of the dungeons haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Every class has a different defensive mechanic.

Warriors dodge and block. Lancers block. Priests get two back-steps. Berserkers block with their weapon, but unlike Lancers cannot block attacks from hitting teammates behind them. Mystics blink. Sorcerers get dodge AND blink. Rangers back-step. Slayers dodge.

It's worth noting that only warrior and slayer get invincibility frames in their dodges, everyone else who has a back-step or blink actually has to physically avoid damage.
The blink move was by FAR my favorite skill during the tutorial (good to know it's considered that crucial to the class), then it was cruelly wrested from me D: Do I get it back by lvl 10?

Katoki

The blink move was by FAR my favorite skill during the tutorial (good to know it's considered that crucial to the class), then it was cruelly wrested from me D: Do I get it back by lvl 10?

If it was called teleport jaunt then it's level 8. If it wasn't then I'm too lazy to look for you.

I edited the longer post but here: http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/classes/mystic

In other news, the game launcher has a date drop of January 28 for the content patch.

For the crafting stuff, I was wondering about huntsman and leatherworking. Since I am only lvl 50 and this is my main, is it worth it to use the dynamic guide and level these up now? Like what do I get out of these crafts. I know they get me armor/guns but are they better than drops?

edit: Just read the wiki about them, and I see their usefulness later on like at level 80, but not sure about getting the stuff earlier

TrounceX

Thanks for the dungeon run guys. First time so it was quite experience. Hopefully that part with the warrior ghosts isnt what happens in all of the dungeons haha

I'm assuming you mean AC and no, that's not what happens in all the dungeons. I've done the first 3 and none are as hard as AC story

And I'll be doing Sorrow's Embrace tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous because there wasn't a single person outside that dungeon for a good hour tonight while I was looking for a party. Someone I met earlier said it was the most boring dungeon so maybe that's why.

Oh and thanks for the TERA impressions Hawkian. I'm actually pretty interested and started downloading the game, but 1mb DSL and downloading MMO's is not fun...est 2d/15h/40m lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom