• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Locate a "Bank" NPC/Icon in a city (the easiest to find would be in your home city or Lion's Arch). The bank is shared between characters.

Arcteryx

Sexy screenshot time?

gw0986pujr.png

gw103wcuqe.png

Been having a lot of fun lately just exploring stuff I never saw while leveling. I'm finding SOOOO much cool stuff out in the wilds; seriously love the environment in this game.

Arcteryx

What staff you got? Very excellent weaponselections.

Silence? I think, whatever the Dredge exotic is.

I started out trying to base my weapons around my armor, but seeing as how you can't dye your weapons...quickly changed to working my armor around my weapons. :p

Out of curiosity and because of the recent GW2 news, I reinstalled the game, logged in with my LV28 Warrior, but I had no idea what I was supposed to do anymore so I just stood there in Rata Sum and logged out :(

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't "play with your friends internationally whenever you want, no restrictions" a freaking huge selling point?
Again Anet manages to transform one of my long-awaited features into something I don't care about at all. Dammit.

nataku

Wasn't "play with your friends internationally whenever you want, no restrictions" a freaking huge selling point?
Again Anet manages to transform one of my long-awaited features into something I don't care about at all. Dammit.

Not that I remember. They said play with your friends, sure, but I don't recall them saying it would work internationally.

Reddit is saying they did at first, but clarified that pretty quickly. There's no way I'll be able to find a source for that, though.

jersoc

Tera Stuff

Actually, the tutorial with lots of skills is the greatest thing ever. Here's why.

You get a feel for how the class will play BEFORE you play it and invest time. In that respect, it's a really great idea. Much like how you can jump into Spvp to try out classes if you want. It should become a standard.

Wallach

Nevermind, apparently I am no longer an officer. You'll have to wait for someone else.

edit - it actually might have gone through anyway, check next time you log on

JChalmers

Neo Member
Tried to add a few last night for an invite but no one was online while playing!

Still trying to find what character's for me at the moment. My guardian seems a bit boring, so was trying a Mesmer and Ranger last night.

Still trying to find one that properly "clicks"

zon

Sexy screenshot time?

http://www.abload.de/img/gw0986pujr.png[/img
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/gw103wcuqe.png[/img

Been having a lot of fun lately just exploring stuff I never saw while leveling. I'm finding SOOOO much cool stuff out in the wilds; seriously love the environment in this game.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the chest armor? I haven't seen it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, the tutorial with lots of skills is the greatest thing ever. Here's why.

You get a feel for how the class will play BEFORE you play it and invest time. In that respect, it's a really great idea. Much like how you can jump into Spvp to try out classes if you want. It should become a standard.
Thing is you only get a feel for it inasmuch as you can take the time to learn the skills they give you and which buttons produce them. Essentially I wish I hadn't wasted the time doing it and I really don't think I was intended to, I was just being dumb and not realizing it was all going to be taken away. It's not like I was able to learn anything about playing the class well or try out different skill combinations, like you can when you go into sPvP and play with the training dummies. Furthermore in SPVP in GW2 you get to keep all that stuff if you want to actually really play, right from the beginning. If there was any mode or area of the game that offered that in TERA I'd play the crap out of it.

Ricker

Same...they added guesting but you can't guest from Euro to North America so it's pretty useless...

Anyone have any idea what they will charge to World transfer...?

Arcteryx

Same...they added guesting but you can't guest from Euro to North America so it's pretty useless...

I remember seeing something like 1800 gems back during launch, but I have no idea if that amount will still be true in the future.

Achtius

holy crap, i log in after like 1 month of not playing and the animation for ghastly short bow is still bugged. Fix that Anet!

Also,can someone add me back to the guild? :3

Achtius.4632

I'll be mostly playing during weekends tho.

Vossler

To the Guards out there, what Sigil do you think works best for the staff? I was thinking energy, but I'm not really sure. I have accuracy on my GS for AH and EM, not sure what to put on my staff though. Suggestions welcome!

Edit: Achtius is back!

Achtius

I think I got burned out after running AC 1000 times. :D

I still have enough tears to get the ghastly rifle, sword and shield for my warrior.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My AC stuff works, what's wrong with the shortbow? I thought I saw a picture of you holding it with the effect on!

nataku

No one knows right now, but they did post some rules on guildwars2.com.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/

- Transferring to a new home world will now cost a gem fee.
- The gem fee for world transfers is based on the population of the world you want to transfer to. Transferring to a high population world will be more expensive.
- Each account is still limited to one world transfer every 7 days.
- Players will still not be able to transfer to worlds that are “Full.”

It's going to vary.

hythloday

Tried to add a few last night for an invite but no one was online while playing!

Still trying to find what character's for me at the moment. My guardian seems a bit boring, so was trying a Mesmer and Ranger last night.

Still trying to find one that properly "clicks"

You can send an in game mail to any of the officers! No need to wait and see someone online.

Retro

We will do a livestream on our Twitch channel tomorrow.

Systems Designer Matt Witter, Game Designer Jonathan Sharp and Lead Content Designer Mike Zadorojny will talk about design and topics currently being discussed in the Guild Wars 2 community.

The Livestream starts at 12:00 PM Pacific time, make sure to tune in: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

And there is more! After a quick lunch break, we will be back on air at 02:00 PM, and our developers will answer questions from you, keep an eye open for a dedicated thread on our official forum where you can post them!

Starts in about 2 hours.

Retro

I'm going to try and watch this for sure. Hopefully they give out some new info about what they are working on.

I'll post the Q&A thread so we can post some questions, but I doubt they'll answer any that are decent (most of these Q&A questions end up being things most of us already know).

That is, assuming the guys working on my furnace don't overload a transformer, causing it to explode again (third transformer's the charm?) and kill the power in my whole apartment.

Retro

Details from the Live Stream (Very short)

Achivements
- New Achievement System
- Adds new styles of gameplay to the achievements that encourage cooperative play, such as resurrecting each other.
- More monthly achievements like the Jumping Puzzle one, which encourage players to return to lower level zones.
- Achievements will adds another method to get ascended gear.
- Over 100 new achievement rewards to show off the cool things you've done.

Guild Content
- 4 or 5 different styles of content that guilds can help kick off and build excitement about what's going on on the map.
- More Guild Influence rewards, cool things for guild members to show off that they're part of these guilds.

Dungeons
- Making changes to dungeons so you can't Waypoint Zerg / Res-Rushing.
- Lightening up some of the encounters as a result.
- Those two items will be in the next update.
- This is phase one, phase two of the dungeon revamp will increase difficulty but add better rewards and content, to make the encounters more interesting.

LFG
- Adding LFG system, not just for dungeons but across the entire game for all activities. This feature is still "A little bit further off", but they know we want them and are working on it.

PVP
- Working on Leaderboards, Custom Arenas and matchmaking. More features to get new players into PVP.
- Before that, a 1 team vs. 1 team version of the tournament system where you don't need to form a whole team.
- Will be cheaper to start than the full tournaments, but rewards will be less as well.
- The barrier to entry will be lowered for these.
- A blog post will cover this in more detail.

WVW
- Looking into progression, character development and rewards. Want to make sure it is valuable.
- Culling tests have gone "really well", but still a lot more to do.
- More WvW and PVP-specific armor skins.

Class Balance / Weapons
- Balance in WvW and PvP: AOE damage feels too strong, a lot of people are gaming the system. Want to bring AOE power down a bit.
- Try to keep purity of purpose (only mesmer and thieves have stealth, but everyone has defensive mechanisms that are similar).
- A lot of classes have one or two viable builds, some have 4, 5, 6 builds, they want to bring the others up to par.
- All the weak weapon skills and traits need to be brought up. Still some bugs to fix.

General
- ArenaNet does not give dates or specifics on things because MMOs are large and complex and new things can sometimes screw old stuff up, so while they want to talk about stuff, they wait until they are 100% sure these things work.

Stream is over for now, they will be doing a Q&A in an hour and a half or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sounds good! Wonder if they're using the fractal style of death/reset for Dungeons... will make the stakes in the Lupi fight pretty damn intense if so...

Achtius

wow, there are so much new items i did not know exists. Aether is my next goal i think. :O
edit: holy crap nevermind, i'll stick to ghaslty weapon

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wow, there are so much new items i did not know exists. Aether is my next goal i think. :O
edit: holy crap nevermind, i'll stick to ghaslty weapon
I was like, it's not THAT bad.. but 100 charged lodestones that's rough. You could think of it as a mini-legendary to work toward!

Is that the frost bow skin, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom