• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch is account-wide, not character based. Unless you're talking about other accounts, in which I'll go sit in my corner.

I was referring to the whole PM/In Game mail aspect as well as signing up on the Guild website. No need for corner sitting though. You're just being helpful.

Katoki

I was referring to the whole PM/In Game mail aspect as well as signing up on the Guild website. No need for corner sitting though. You're just being helpful.

Makes sense now. I got up not long before I posted that last one so the comprehension wasn't quite there yet.

Kingbrave

Got my new hard drive in and GW2 reinstalled. Grank Kaar needs to be back in the guild...can't let those nasty lil Asurians have the run of the place...

Lunar15

We've always had an open-door policy on friends and family in the guild. We just ask that everyone register at Gafguild.com so they can see updates, events, the guild's policies, etc. We also kind of ask that people make sure their friends and family are aware of how GAF is. We stick pretty close to the forum's TOS, so there's no rules against profanity and off-color humor, but trolling/excessive whining and especially sexist/racist/homophobic language is completely off the table.

Since they don't have a GAF account this makes it so nobody falls through the cracks news-wise, and they know roughly what to expect.

Speaking of news, Jepsen is running a Jumping Puzzle Event tomorrow, see Gafguild.com for more details.

Oh, they're cool. They'll fit right in line with GAF. I'll tell them about Gafguild.com as well (I need to sign up too.)

Welcome, but I'm not sure when guesting privileges are going to be implemented. I think you'll want to transfer to avoid possible fees just in case.

I'm going to transfer, and so will they.

etiolate

Banned
Ran into a Quaggan DE in Gendarren Fields that opened up an event vendor that sold Jellyfish Transform Tonics. The item or vendor was bugged in some manner. It automatically changed you into a jellyfish on purchase and then never went away.

So I went cruising.

AS LAND JELLY

ibboxlNGsmW7s6.jpg

iBtW9OHc0gyzO.jpg

I found I could also walk on water. Perhaps walk isn't the correct verb for a Jellyfish. Float on water? Wiggle on water?

demented

Question for euro people: What server should I migrate to?

I'm on gunnars hold that's among last 6 atm in wvwvw, population is medium(aka empty). I know LFG is coming(this year...) and guesting but I still wanna be on a "good" server.
I'm casual and don't really play a lot but when I do I like it to be good and way I want it. Lack of LFG and spamming for hours, dc bugs etc combined with exams made me quit for a long time but now I'll have more time to play so yeah.. What server?

Lulubop

I feel like even if they add swords it will just be an extension of spells, similar to Mesmer and GS and it won't really be Melee then.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised.

Though the Conjurer Hammer works exactly like a melee weapon, and is probably the most viable of the conjured weapons.

I imagine that 1 skills would inflict status aliments depending on what element you are attuned too, and the third hit would have some aoe burst. Something like Fire attunement skill 3 would be a fireball that crashes down at your location and what not. Shield would bolster the defense capabilities need to be within melee range.

Proven

I made a necro today and it's pretty fun. Any tips?

Necro has a spectrum of builds, one side being Condition based, the other being Power based. Conditions primarily means Scepter, Power primarily means Axe or Dagger, with Staff being useful for either side but most often seen for Condition. You'll find out early which you like more, I believe. For me, Necro Dagger felt more natural to me than Thief Dagger and I quickly started going down the path of Power.

As for your utilities, you have a wide range that you can mix and match to some degree, so just try them out and see what you like.

For defense, the Necro is one of the few classes that can have near permanent regeneration, which clashes a bit with Death Shroud, as Regen is essentially nonexistent when you're in that mode. You'll soon find out how much you'll like slipping into Death Shroud, and how much you're going to put into that or Healing Power for much of your defensive needs.
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised.

Though the Conjurer Hammer works exactly like a melee weapon, and is probably the most viable of the conjured weapons.

I imagine that 1 skills would inflict status aliments depending on what element you are attuned too, and the third hit would have some aoe burst. Something like Fire attunement skill 3 would be a fireball that crashes down at your location and what not. Shield would bolster the defense capabilities need to be within melee range.
The conjured Hammer is an actual melee weapon you can craft. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mjolnir Why wait for the Elementalist to get a new weapon when you can just change class!

Lulubop

Good luck making Mjonlir, it's more expensive to make than any legendary including the GS due to the price of Charged Lodestones.

Kingbrave

Necro has a spectrum of builds, one side being Condition based, the other being Power based. Conditions primarily means Scepter, Power primarily means Axe or Dagger, with Staff being useful for either side but most often seen for Condition. You'll find out early which you like more, I believe. For me, Necro Dagger felt more natural to me than Thief Dagger and I quickly started going down the path of Power.

As for your utilities, you have a wide range that you can mix and match to some degree, so just try them out and see what you like.

For defense, the Necro is one of the few classes that can have near permanent regeneration, which clashes a bit with Death Shroud, as Regen is essentially nonexistent when you're in that mode. You'll soon find out how much you'll like slipping into Death Shroud, and how much you're going to put into that or Healing Power for much of your defensive needs.

The conjured Hammer is an actual melee weapon you can craft. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mjolnir Why wait for the Elementalist to get a new weapon when you can just change class!

I've been running around with a dagger/focus and then scepter/dagger.

etiolate

Banned
I think it's really lame that Strike Force, MORD and others are leaving. It's foolish and short sighted. I said as much and I don't envy their future frustrations trying to slam their head into a wall with the stagnation of top tier play.

jersoc

It just boils down that WvW is flawed on many levels and Anet's fixes are too little too late.

it's just not very fun for an extended period of time. i had fun at first, but now. ehh...

and yes, zerg vs zerg is awful. there's no meta gaming to be even close to had in wvw. it's already stale. they don't to be doing much for either of their pvp fields, which is baffling. everyone was worried this game would be TOO focused on pvp and it's the exact opposite.

such a shame cause i really wanted to like wvw and was hoping it was a lasting appeal, but it's hardly better than warhammer's

nataku

it's just not very fun for an extended period of time. i had fun at first, but now. ehh...

and yes, zerg vs zerg is awful. there's no meta gaming to be even close to had in wvw. it's already stale. they don't to be doing much for either of their pvp fields, which is baffling. everyone was worried this game would be TOO focused on pvp and it's the exact opposite.

such a shame cause i really wanted to like wvw and was hoping it was a lasting appeal, but it's hardly better than warhammer's

As someone who played Warhammer I couldn't disagree more. WvW in this game is incredibly flawed, but it's no where near as bad as WHO.

ANet needed to put in paid transfers the moment they realized people where just using them to bandwagon to the top servers. Yeah, they probably kept them because guesting wasn't in, but who cares? It was really hurting WvW. It was too easy an out for people who might of been disappointed in their servers performance. That and the fact that they've been ignoring the PvP side of things in in this game for 5 months.

Arcteryx

As someone who played Warhammer I couldn't disagree more. WvW in this game is incredibly flawed, but it's no where near as bad as WHO.

ANet needed to put in paid transfers the moment they realized people where just using them to bandwagon to the top servers. Yeah, they probably kept them because guesting wasn't in, but who cares? It was really hurting WvW. It was too easy an out for people who might of been disappointed in their servers performance. That and the fact that they've been ignoring the PvP side of things in in this game for 5 months.

Yep. I feel like it's only going to get worse :(

Also, just saw that Mayoken left an started a new guild on Kaineg(?). FUUUU guess we will have no commanders left here.

Piecake

So how are things with the overall game? I kinda burnt myself out several months ago, but sort of interested to get back in if there has been some interesting changes

Engineer improve at all? is the grenade 1 attack still a ground target skill? (real annoying spamming that) or do engineers have another viable way to play now?

Did shatter mesmer see so improvements?

Engineer improve at all? is the grenade 1 attack still a ground target skill? (real annoying spamming that) or do engineers have another viable way to play now?

The digits you put on weapons now work even when using a lot. That's an improvement I can think of. Grenades still work the same, and they lowered the damage output of the grenades which pissed of a lot of people. I never use them so it didn't bother me. I run a dual pistol, health pack, supply crate, elixir b, u and r, with piercing bullets trait. It requires a lot of movement and running dodging but tons of damage

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the lvl 1 fractal we did was like 2 hr long.
That sounds decidedly like you didn't do it with us, hehe.

So how are things with the overall game? I kinda burnt myself out several months ago, but sort of interested to get back in if there has been some interesting changes

Did shatter mesmer see so improvements?
For multiple months, I think there's plenty to jump back in with cakey. You haven't done fractals at all, right?

Engineer got some really good changes. Nades are still a ground target skill but sigils apply to all kits now, so there's a whole new layer of depth to them. As I understand there are multiple viable options that don't use nades at all now, but I don't even have an engi so I dunno.

edit: Rofl at Kos' autocorrected description above

Mesmers are amazing, I'm not altogether sure what changes have occurred since you last played one but there are multiple viable shatter builds. Pity you missed out on a brief overbuff that made shatter mesmers ludicrously strong for a couple weeks :p

Remember folks, Jumping w/ Jepsen in just over 2 hours!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What the hell happened to you guys? Depending on the fractals I've done Level 10 in under 30 minutes with guildies.

The good news is once you've learned all the fractals, any level will go faster.

edit: We're on Stormbluff Isle, and yep! Feel free to send an in-game mail to Hawkian The Blade.

Pity about the WvW exodus... so shortsighted. But quite frankly, if it means we get blocked out of Tier 1 and have competitive matches in Tier 2 every week, I have no objection.

Piecake

I didnt even know fractals existed, lol. Now that I think about it, I quite around Halloween time.

Good to hear that other builds for Mesmer and Engineer have become more interesting, and that sigil change is definitely good. Grenade engineer just got boring to me since it basically boiled down to when in doubt, spam grenades.

Ill probably hop on sometime this weekend, change up my engineer spec and probably level my mesmer. I definitely enjoyed playing my mesmer

Has the performance improved at all? I remember that being an issue for me

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah because some grenades/sigil combos are pretty powerful grenades got an across the board damage nerf, so you should definitely look into other options if you weren't enjoying it that much in the first place.

I got my mesmer to 80, it's a blast. Comfortable soloing anywhere now and always an asset in dungeons. Need to get his fractal level up, but I'm mostly waiting for these 2 really important fixes that come with the next build- though it shouldn't deter you from getting started.

There's a small amount of new gear which is particularly helpful (and eventually necessary) in fractals. You may wanna look at the ascended back piece options and decide on one to work toward as a midrange goal for your engi. :)

edit: Re: performance, hard to say. I never had the issues you did in CoE, plus I've upgraded my GPU since D:

Piecake

Yeah because some grenades/sigil combos are pretty powerful grenades got an across the board damage nerf, so you should definitely look into other options if you weren't enjoying it that much in the first place.

I got my mesmer to 80, it's a blast. Comfortable soloing anywhere now and always an asset in dungeons. Need to get his fractal level up, but I'm mostly waiting for these 2 really important fixes that come with the next build- though it shouldn't deter you from getting started.

There's a small amount of new gear which is particularly helpful (and eventually necessary) in fractals. You may wanna look at the ascended back piece options and decide on one to work toward as a midrange goal for your engi. :)

edit: Re: performance, hard to say. I never had the issues you did in CoE, plus I've upgraded my GPU since D:

You got that working, huh? So, whats the deal with fractals? is it just like another dungeon, or what?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You got that working, huh? So, whats the deal with fractals? is it just like another dungeon, or what?
Eees cray.

It's 9 mini-dungeons, most with unique mechanics and requiring more teamwork than the standard dungeons. When you do a "Fractal Run" you do a random selection of 3 fractals, and then your character's fractal level goes up by 1. If it's an even numbered fractal level, you also fight a special boss fractal too.

You get fractal relics from each run that can be used to buy a variety of handy things (pretty damn cheap 20 slot boxes being among them). You get a daily bonus for doing an even numbered fractal run in each fractal tier (1-9, 10-19, 20-29 etc.). Starting at Fractal level 10, the daily bonus has a chance to contain an ascended ring, and a guaranteed Pristine Fractal Relic->10 of those, you can buy the ring of your choice.

At the moment, everyone has to do the lowest fractal any party member's max level is. So if it's a group with 3 people at level 8 but two at level 1, the group can only do level 1. This has caused a lot of fragmentation and I was decrying it within an hour of it being release. But it should be fixed by the end of the month :D (You'll now be able to jump into a run at whatever level the highest available to the party is, and advance in your personal level on complete).

The 9 fractals themselves are all pretty damn awesome. Most of them are out-and-out superior to the regular dungeons and hopefully indicate a lot of promise for the future dungeon design and changes. The drop rates in the fractals once you get a few levels up is awesome. 3+ rares per run basically guaranteed at 10 and above, and a higher exotic drop rate than any other area of the game. It also scales your characters up to 80 like WvW, so you can take any character you're comfortable with (though fractal levels are per character). It's not a great source of XP but a damn fine way to get everything else.

edit: Oh yeah. Starting at fractal level 10 and increasing in intensity with each higher level, the bosses in each fractal use a new mechanic/condition called Agony. Basically it fucks your shit up proper. In all cases but one, it's completely avoidable- but if you get ascended gear (currently there are back pieces and rings), you can put in an upgrade called an infusion which gives you resistance to it when you do get hit. I've made it to level 15 with no resistance at all (though mostly because I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to buying an infusion to put in my back piece).

Piecake

Eees cray.

It's 9 mini-dungeons, most with unique mechanics and requiring more teamwork than the standard dungeons. When you do a "Fractal Run" you do a random selection of 3 fractals, and then your character's fractal level goes up by 1. If it's an even numbered fractal level, you also fight a special boss fractal too.

You get fractal relics from each run that can be used to buy a variety of handy things (pretty damn cheap 20 slot boxes being among them). You get a daily bonus for doing an even numbered fractal run in each fractal tier (1-9, 10-19, 20-29 etc.). Starting at Fractal level 10, the daily bonus has a chance to contain an ascended ring, and a guaranteed Pristine Fractal Relic->10 of those, you can buy the ring of your choice.

At the moment, everyone has to do the lowest fractal any party member's max level is. So if it's a group with 3 people at level 8 but two at level 1, the group can only do level 1. This has caused a lot of fragmentation and I was decrying it within an hour of it being release. But it should be fixed by the end of the month :D (You'll now be able to jump into a run at whatever level the highest available to the party is, and advance in your personal level on complete).

The 9 fractals themselves are all pretty damn awesome. Most of them are out-and-out superior to the regular dungeons and hopefully indicate a lot of promise for the future dungeon design and changes. The drop rates in the fractals once you get a few levels up is awesome. 3+ rares per run basically guaranteed at 10 and above, and a higher exotic drop rate than any other area of the game. It also scales your characters up to 80 like WvW, so you can take any character you're comfortable with (though fractal levels are per character). It's not a great source of XP but a damn fine way to get everything else.

edit: Oh yeah. Starting at fractal level 10 and increasing in intensity with each higher level, the bosses in each fractal use a new mechanic/condition called Agony. Basically it fucks your shit up proper. In all cases but one, it's completely avoidable- but if you get ascended gear (currently there are back pieces and rings), you can put in an upgrade called an infusion which gives you resistance to it when you do get hit. I've made it to level 15 with no resistance at all (though mostly because I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to buying an infusion to put in my back piece).

wow, thats does sound pretty cool. While I definitely did like running dungeons before, it really felt that there was a lack of teamwork involved. Glad to hear that this changes things. Also cool that I can bring my mesmer to do this if i wanted

Fractals are great. Like Hawkian mentioned, it gets much smoother once you have a team that's familiar with the dungeons. That's why it seems so tough on Scale 1 when everyone's new. But the higher you go, the more rewarding (and challenging) it gets. Really excited to see what other bosses Anet comes up with aside from Jade Maw.

Are they ever going to restock the Art of Guild Wars 2? It looks amazing but it's unavailable anywhere.

I was wondering the same thing. This picture of Caithe is one of my favorite prints, which is being used as my desktop right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah it will be daaaamn cool when you don't know what boss you're gonna get. The structure of a fractal run makes it such a blank slate for the future, gives me goosebumps.

I want
another
one where you play as completely different characters for lore reasons.

edit: I'm happy to do a level 1-2 fractal run later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom