• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So here's the full script of an interesting conversation I just witnessed:

wtsXE.jpg

MMO fanboys /sigh.

damn, early crafting sucks hard! I need materials like "weak vials of blood" etc and i need TONS of them with the only source being rather rare monster drops or buying em at the trading post for a lot of cash which i don't have :(

about to give up on crafting and just focus on adventuring now

Piecake

damn, early crafting sucks hard! I need materials like "weak vials of blood" etc and i need TONS of them with the only source being rather rare monster drops or buying em at the trading post for a lot of cash which i don't have :(

Bats and skales drop blood

Fish and drakes drop scales

Inquest and Svanir drop totems

Things with fangs and teeth drop fangs and teeth

Bone? - not quite sure

Venom sacs - spiders and dragon flies (i think)

So yea, if you are looking for a specific item, killing a specific monester is the way to go, but i agree. you simply dont have enough of those fine mats unless you buy it or farm it

desverger

I hope you are using discovery to speed up your crafting and not just grinding those simple recipes.

Discovery = make components and insignia, go to discovery tab and add them up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So today's a patch day, right? I have four different areas in which I'm only missing bugged skill points.

K' Dash

Man Im getting my ass handed in diesa plateau, how can I get people to help me on some events?

I just continued my personal story for now, I was dying too much :-/

I hope you are using discovery to speed up your crafting and not just grinding those simple recipes.

Discovery = make components and insignia, go to discovery tab and add them up.

I am using discovery but now that i reached 50 artificer level, i noticed i need even MORE than previously in terms of mats, i now need like 8 vials of weak blood for every tiny inscription i make and i need to make a ton even for discovery recipes :( when sometimes mobs drop em like every 5th time that makes for some time consuming grind

Piecake

I am using discovery but now that i reached 50 artificer level, i noticed i need even MORE than previously in terms of mats, i now need like 8 vials of weak blood for every tiny inscription i make and i need to make a ton even for discovery recipes :( when sometimes mobs drop em like every 5th time that makes for some time consuming grind

You could always buy the inscription from the AH. Its usually a lot cheaper than making it youself, especially if you use buy orders

Deitus

Bats and skales drop blood

Fish and drakes drop scales

Insurgents and Svanir drop totems

Things with fangs and teeth drop fangs and teeth

Bone? - not quite sure

Venom sacs - spiders and dragon flies (i think)

So yea, if you are looking for a specific item, killing a specific monester is the way to go, but i agree. you simply dont have enough of those fine mats unless you buy it or farm it

On top of that, some enemies like bandits and centaurs will drop pouches that can have many (if not all) of the level appropriate fine crafting materials (i.e. bloods, bones, totems) in them, as well as a variety of other things. This is not the fastest way to go if you want a specific material, but fighting a lot of bandits is a way to accumulate a lot of crafting ingredients.

Piecake

Are we waiting on the token changes to do explorables?

Hawkian and I have been doing CoE explorable for the last few days (along with Harasaduer, but I think he might be a burned out on CoE explorer - though youre still awlays welcome and wanted!). Youre more than welcome to join us!

Goli

Which officers are online? I tried whispering to Hawkian to join the GAF Guild but it said he's not online.

Piecake

http://www.gw2spidy.com/

Think ill be using this a lot when i sell my crap. Definitely seems useful and a lot easier than going into the buy menu to see what else people are selling it for if there are only a few sellers at the lowest sell price

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hawkian and I have been doing CoE explorable for the last few days (along with Harasaduer, but I think he might be a burned out on CoE explorer - though youre still awlays welcome and wanted!). Youre more than welcome to join us!

No thanks! I want to do TA exp for my gear.

Piecake

pfft, CoE gear looks better, especially on an asura ;)

Though not really sure what heavy gear looks like...

CoE teleporter really isnt bad at all once you get used to it. The other two paths, on the other hand...

Noaloha

Came across genuine 'lag' (actually felt more like plain old lost packets of information) for the first time tonight in WvWvW and it was utterly atrocious.

*Heal* ..nope
*Heal* ..nope
*HEAL*HEAL*HEAL* ..nope
*Switch weapons for speed boost because I need to retreat* ..nope
*Die* Yep!

I do a lot of weapon and pet switching and combinations of abilities and if I can't get them off reliably then the game's combat simply falls apart. As a recent Lv80 who's getting bored of (and frustrated with) PvE, and without any PvE carrots-on-a-stick, I was hoping WvWvW would be the thing I'd start logging in for. I won't be doing that if tonight's ordeal is anything to go by.

Arcteryx

Came across genuine 'lag' (actually felt more like plain old lost packets of information) for the first time tonight in WvWvW and it was utterly atrocious.

*Heal* ..nope
*Heal* ..nope
*HEAL*HEAL*HEAL* ..nope
*Switch weapons for speed boost because I need to retreat* ..nope
*Die* Yep!

I do a lot of weapon and pet switching and combinations of abilities and if I can't get them off reliably then the game's combat simply falls apart. As a recent Lv80 who's getting bored of (and frustrated with) PvE, and without any PvE carrots-on-a-stick, I was hoping WvWvW would be the thing I'd start logging in for. I won't be doing that if tonight's ordeal is anything to go by.

The lag has been pretty bad for the past couple nights. Tried running dungeons and it has just been a complete mess with skills not firing right and people warping all over and aggroing other mobs accidentally.

Kingbrave

I just want to do any dungeons that I'm high enough for. Which is two. But apparently people don't like it when I make fun of their puny races. I can't help it the Charr are at the top of the pyramid and the Asurans are atop the food pyramid. But they are really just empty calories...

I'd of hit 80 by now if I didn't spend all my time running behind other races and telling them how inferior they are to me and what I will use them for once I take over the world. I don't know how I've not been banned for at least a few days. Guess the devs prefer Charr and think Asurans are walking doodoo too!

Shambles

My healing has stopped working now as well. Getting raped in my storyline quest now. Great job ANet *slow clap*

Edit: My healing seems to be working after logging off and back on again. Anyone else having that issue try that.

Ashodin

And HOTW!

But apparently people don't like it when I make fun of their puny races. I can't help it the Charr are at the top of the pyramid and the Asurans are atop the food pyramid. But they are really just empty calories...

Big talk for a bunch of female-hating sissy cats. Can't even get back your own Claw of the Khan-Ur. Had to send Dougal Keane to get it.

etiolate

Banned
I'm down for CoE explore. Like the armor set for that dungeon for my Asuran.

I think I like the Asuran Cultural armor tier 1 more than tier 2, and some of it I like more than tier 3. A mix between tier 1, tier 3 and CoE could look pretty awesome.

Won

Thanks to crafting and story missions I finally managed to 80 without dealing with all the buggy events. Too bad that the story missions are pretty terrible. :/
Not sure where to go from here though. I guess I will finish up the story line and take a break till all the major issues are addressed.

Well, it's pretty much settled. Every one of my warrior builds will have 30 tactics. If only for the +30% boon duration improvement.

Think my Warrior has all her points in the tanky and support traits; (almost) perma-Fury is very nice.
Almost? I have fury on constantly between Signet of Rage and "FGJ!".

Ken

Well, it's pretty much settled. Every one of my warrior builds will have 30 tactics. If only for the +30% boon duration improvement.

Think my Warrior has all her points in the tanky and support traits; (almost) perma-Fury is very nice.

Almost? I have fury on constantly between Signet of Rage and "FGJ!".

I run Battle Standard in Dungeons and SoR in solo but I've only been getting on my warrior for dungeons recently.

Anyone notice that some events have been removed, or have the restart time increased, I am running ALT through and notice that the dredge event in Genderran Fields has been removed, also event at the bottom of Bloodtide Coast is gone, other events that ran quite frequently has had the restart time increase...

Kingbrave

Anyone notice that some events have been removed, or have the restart time increased, I am running ALT through and notice that the dredge event in Genderran Fields has been removed, also event at the bottom of Bloodtide Coast is gone, other events that ran quite frequently has had the restart time increase...

Maybe it's because all the players are spread out more?

Or the events are just breaking. Every week it seems more events just break down and stop working right.

Arcteryx

They removed/cut/added timer length for a TON of the centaur events due to them giving, in their opinion, too much xp. Definitely finding it taking longer to level this alt than it did my main and I think that's partly due to the changes, but also because there just aren't as many people around to speed through events.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They removed/cut/added timer length for a TON of the centaur events due to them giving, in their opinion, too much xp. Definitely finding it taking longer to level this alt than it did my main and I think that's partly due to the changes, but also because there just aren't as many people around to speed through events.

It's also due to the anti-DE farming they implemented. When I was leveling, I would sometimes repeat a DE about 2-3 times before I just got bored of it. And not even because I was trying to repeat the specific event. I would just do hearts, wander around and then notice that the DE was up again.

Teknoman

Getting pretty deep into the game now (well close to 20 anyway), and really like the monster designs (Basilisks and Mechataurs look really good), but my only complaint is the music.

Not that its bad or anything, its great stuff...just that I thought areas would have different music, instead of the same loop. Unless this changes outside the various races starter/low level areas. Godslost swamp has a nice ambient theme going for it, but everywhere else seems to sound the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom