• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
For the first time in 65 levels, I finally think my character's armor looks 120% awesome. It's mostly my fault for scrounging my karma and not wanting to buy armor since I levelled so quickly.

I also got some help from the transmutation stone glitch that promptly fixed itself after I logged out. =(

EO2Ps.jpg

Ferny

For the first time in 65 levels, I finally think my character's armor looks 120% awesome. It's mostly my fault for scrounging my karma and not wanting to buy armor since I levelled so quickly.

I also got some help from the transmutation stone glitch that promptly fixed itself after I logged out. =(

Actually looks really tight! Nice work.

Not that its bad or anything, its great stuff...just that I thought areas would have different music, instead of the same loop. Unless this changes outside the various races starter/low level areas. Godslost swamp has a nice ambient theme going for it, but everywhere else seems to sound the same.
You're still kind of in the starting human area, the music will change gradually as you venture into zones further from divinity's reach.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Actually looks really tight! Nice work.
Thanks! I don't post much here, since the thread moves way too fast for me. Once I hit 80, maybe I'll try getting into GAFO and do dungeons on the weekends. =)

You're still kind of in the starting human area, the music will change gradually as you venture into zones further from divinity's reach.
To be honest, I don't ever notice the music changing for extended periods of time. That's not to say it doesn't, but it might not happen as often as I'd like.

nataku

Well, shit. I just got disconnected with an "Incorrect Password" error and now it won't let me back in. Hopefully this is just some random log in server crash and not something else...

Anyone elses server just go boom?

What error did you get?

Rarutos

I got kicked with the Incorrect Password message too. :( Just checked their Facebook page as well, seems like it's a universal crash.

CaLe

I haven't played much GW 2 due to time constraints. I've decided to play tonight. Are these disconnects frequent ?

I can see it becoming *very* frustrating.

Retro

I haven't played much GW 2 due to time constraints. I've decided to play tonight. Are these disconnects frequent ?

I can see it becoming *very* frustrating.

They're actually quite rare, and considering the game just came out should be somewhat expected. Not trying to be apologetic, all MMOs have these sorts of things at launch. The good news about GW2 is that rarely comes down for long periods of regular maintenance, whereas most MMOs come down for the better part of a day (WoW is down Tuesdays).

CaLe

They're actually quite rare, and considering the game just came out should be somewhat expected. Not trying to be apologetic, all MMOs have these sorts of things at launch. The good news about GW2 is that rarely comes down for long periods of regular maintenance, whereas most MMOs come down for the better part of a day (WoW is down Tuesdays).

Thank you, can't wait to log back in.

I created a guardian but not really feeling it at the moment. Might try a thief....

nataku

Well, the log in server is up. When I try to launch the game though it just crashes.

EDIT: Log in was up. Until I made this post. :(

Retro

And just like that, servers are back up.

These things happen, hope nobody was rolled back too far (still checking mine, looks okay). Beats the hell out of the old "Patch Day" where they'd be down or completely screwed up all day, or worse yet, the dreaded Blizzard "Patch Week".

EDIT: From Twitter:
@GuildWars2
If you cannot get on - try closing the client and restart it, seemed to have solved the issue for some people it seems. ^MK

@GuildWars2
As i see reports of people logging back in - guess you all try at the same time, that might cause some congestion ^MK

I created a guardian but not really feeling it at the moment. Might try a thief....

The nice thing about GW2 is that because there isn't a "Holy Trinity" of Tank / Healer / DPS, you can pretty much pick whichever profession you enjoy playing without fear of being excluded from any particular activity you wish to engage in.

Spend some time with all of them, and pick the one that feels best for you. It won't be a choice that comes back to bite you in the ass later and finding 'your class' is definitely worth the time investment of trying 'em out. Just pray you aren't like me and end up liking all of them (well, except Ranger and Necro...).

Piecake

I dont know how far you are, but Guardian is super fun, and it really depends on what weapon you use. Greatsword is super fun for guardian. Sword and focus is great too. Hammer is good if you wanna feel like you have 200 pounds of pain swinging around you

I thought guardian was weak in the beta until i got the new weapons and unlocked traits

The gameplay varies greatly depending on what weapon you equip, so try em all out and see if you like it more

Spend some time with all of them, and pick the one that feels best for you. It won't be a choice that comes back to bite you in the ass later and finding 'your class' is definitely worth the time investment of trying 'em out. Just pray you aren't like me and end up liking all of them (well, except Ranger and Necro...).

Yea, my two least favorite classes as well. Ele is next in my book. Not a huge fan of that class either

CaLe

The nice thing about GW2 is that because there isn't a "Holy Trinity" of Tank / Healer / DPS, you can pretty much pick whichever profession you enjoy playing without fear of being excluded from any particular activity you wish to engage in.

I didn't know about the lack of the "holy trinity", I actually thought that having chosen a guardian I was "meant" to be the tank of the group.

That's actually great to hear !

I dont know how far you are, but Guardian is super fun, and it really depends on what weapon you use. Greatsword is super fun for guardian. Sword and focus is great too. Hammer is good if you wanna feel like you have 200 pounds of pain swinging around you

I thought guardian was weak in the beta until i got the new weapons and unlocked traits

and yea got booted too :(

I am actually really early in the game right now, but following Retro's comment about the lack of a "holy trinity" I might keep giving it a try. I hope it's as good as you make it out to be :)

Logging back in !

Edit: Argh, the lag is intolerable... No use trying to play tonight. Hopefully I'll have some free time this week.... I was really looking forward to it :(

nataku

Log in server only seem to be working every once in a while for me. When it does go though the client just crashes as soon as I hit play.

Guess I'll go play Borderlands 2... So much for 80 tonight.

EDIT: I restarted my PC and the client still crashes as soon as I hit play. The server crash completely screwed my client up. I hope whatever patch they do tonight fixes it...

Violet_0

Banned
got disconnected as well

Hawkian and I have been doing CoE explorable for the last few days (along with Harasaduer, but I think he might be a burned out on CoE explorer - though youre still awlays welcome and wanted!). Youre more than welcome to join us!
No thanks! I want to do TA exp for my gear.

I'm still up for CoE explorable, but I can't do it more than once a day (and my playtime will be drastically cut back in the coming weeks). I'm also regularly doing AC an TA explorable runs with other guildies. And now that dungeons tokens become account-bound, I can finally do something with them (I have two 80 characters and one soon-to-be).

So, I did all the Asura story missions, here's my final rating:

Dynamics >> Synergetics > Statics
Infinity Ball >> Weather Machine > Golem
the last Infinity Ball mission is amazing - you fight your alternate-reality self who has conquered the world, and you learn about the origins of the Steam Creatures.http://i.minus.com/jU5H7pgGSXOH3.jpg
first order mission: Whispers >> Priory
second order mission: Whispers >> Vigil

and my starting zone ranking:

Caledon Forest > Wayfarer Foothills > Queensdale > Metrica Province > Plains of Ashford

Retro

Yea, my two least favorite classes as well. Ele is next in my book. Not a huge fan of that class either

I'm not a fan of 'sit back and attack' classes, so Casters are almost always off my list. I did have a little fun with an ele, but not as much as the other classes. As far as Ranger goes... I don't like Pet Management, and in my opinion the by-the-books approach GW2 takes to pets is actually my biggest complaint about the game design-wise. Something really original and cool could have happened there with (or in place) of "Standard MMO Pet Class". Barf.

I didn't know about the lack of the "holy trinity", I actually thought that having chosen a guardian I was "meant" to be the tank of the group.

That's actually great to hear !

Nope; just about every class can fill every role. A Guardian or Warrior can just as easily (maybe too easily, with the Guardians) switch to support, while Elementalists can trait and attune to emphasize control. And because aggro / threat isn't such a cut-and-dry affair (i.e. Taunt > Tank > Spank) you really don't need a 'tank' anyways.

You'll see when you get to Ascalon Catacombs at 30, or into a group event that doesn't turn into a huge mob. Everybody can do a little of everything and no specific profession is 'required'.

Sophia

I really enjoy Elementalist, but their traits kinda suck and seem to go against the class design of having four attunements. :\

You'll see when you get to Ascalon Catacombs at 30, or into a group event that doesn't turn into a huge mob. Everybody can do a little of everything and no specific profession is 'required'.

An exceptionally good Elementalist can be your primary "tank", healer, and puller. It's amaaazing.

Piecake

I'm still up for CoE explorable, but I can't do it more than once a day (and my playtime will be drastically cut back in the coming weeks). I'm also regularly doing AC an TA explorable runs with other guildies. And now that dungeons tokens become account-bound, I can finally do something with them (I have two 80 characters and one soon-to-be).

Awesome. And yea, I am only going to do it once a day now too. Sub and front door are ridiculous. Teleporter is fine (and fun), and i will do that for the daily bonus.

We did a run today and it was pretty funny. Both Hawkian and I couldnt make it past the lazers beams of death :( The 3 guys who havent run it before did it. It was rather embarrassing

Violet_0

Banned
Awesome. And yea, I am only going to do it once a day now too. Sub and front door are ridiculous. Teleporter is fine (and fun), and i will do that for the daily bonus.

We did a run today and it was pretty funny. Both Hawkian and I couldnt make it past the lazers beams of death :( The 3 guys who havent run it before did it. It was rather embarrassing

haha, I wish the dungeon would just consist of laser traps. I'd run it all day long.

etiolate

Banned
I hope the spvp blog goes up soon. They mentioned it a few days ago.

Also, WvWvW forums are hilariously full of whining and random accusations. People don't seem to understand that a 1v1v1 means that everyone is getting double teamed one way or the other.

Sarcasm

So I have started playing the game very recently and I'm loooooooooving it, just wanted to add that I'm trying today the gamepad config posted in here and I like it a lot, there are a lot of shortcuts and its going to take a while to learn them all but it controls really well, wondering why there isn't official support for it.

Where is it posted?

So dont really know what level my plant guardian is but i am on some other server that gaf isnt on due to people in know in real life. Do i have to click represent every time i play for the guild rhing? Also i am just ranomly going places..kinda dont have a direction to really go in. I guess i will just work on story.

Violet_0

Banned
so I tried the tansmutation trick with a Order armor and all I got was a soulbound items. Can someone help me with this? (pm me)

never mind

Piecake

Reading the offical forums dungeon sub forum, and wow, its pretty funny.

Just a bunch of LOL, you suck, learn to play. I mean, come on, that one boss in SE story IS ridiculous. Shit like that should be left to explorer

Hawkian - Been reading the CoE explorable posts, and apparently you can avoid Alpha's cone attack of death of you stand in melee. That would make front door path A LOT easier. Tombs would be a joke due to AoE dmg, and I can drop a ton of light fields with my elixir gun.

Hell, he will probably go down a lot faster than the teleporter path since youre not constantly moving and dodging and can just pretty much camp on the boss - well, besides the time he targets you with his other Aoe abilities

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...orable-Strategies-any-takers/first#post224908

etiolate

Banned
That SE story boss takes a long ass time and the different phases mean you can't rely on one build to be as effective for the whole fight.

Lyng

Go here, and never look back.

My 360 controller broke (fixable) during a dungeon tonight and I couldn't believe how unnatural it felt playing with a mouse after a month of using this.

I have been thinking about this for quiet awhile. Have a Xbox 360 controller, which I had used for Amalur and Fable 3 among others. Thanks for the post Hawkian will try it out tonight. :)

Piecake

That SE story boss takes a long ass time and the different phases mean you can't rely on one build to be as effective for the whole fight.

its just that one golem that makes it suck completely. the other parts arent bad at all, but that one is just ridiculous. Im never doing SE story again. I mean, i dont know if I have an attack that doesnt do condtion dmg, lol

I think ive figured out what dungeons i want to farm though

CoE (obviously)
SE explorer - for the rifle

And TA and HotW - its for my alts, but id like to do it anyways, and hopefully the reward boost means that i wont have to run it ton

Little bit more of AC to get some shoulders for my alt

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't have the patience for 100% map completion. So many boring hearts to complete to get that...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just hit 30 on my new main. How do I dungeon?

The game literally points you to the first dungeon. Don't worry about asking us. The game basically spoon feeds you the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom