• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotcheggz

Does anyone need to do arah story mode for the personal story? I finished world completion (well, everything except wvwvw maps) so I wouldn't mind smashing out my personal story now. I'm on storm bluff isle but I've never done a dungeon or been in a group, so I'm a bit scared of a PUG.

Oh and I still didn't join the gaf guild yet either, doh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anyone need to do arah story mode for the personal story? I finished world completion (well, everything except wvwvw maps) so I wouldn't mind smashing out my personal story now. I'm on storm bluff isle but I've never done a dungeon or been in a group, so I'm a bit scared of a PUG.

What's your character or account name?

I actually do still need Arah Story, lol. I'm on like the level 74 quest, I should really get on that.

Ricker

You arent missing much,the dungeons are awful in this game,especially with PUG's,you will be left poorer the Job...

arah story dungeon is actually pretty easy, I pugged that one a couple days ago. The first part is a bit tough b/c there are orrian eye structures or w/e that do some good dmg, but overall not that hard.

edit: it is long though, like 30-45 minutes.

Just logged in again and Orr on Gandarra is just dead atm.

Where are you guys playing?

GAF in the NA region is on Stormbluff Isles, I'm on Tarnished Coast and can confirm Tarnished Coast has lots of people on PVE. I've been all over the place too and have seen people everywhere. If you can play with gaffers regularly, I imagine SBI will be good to you so either of these choices could be good. You can always guest on a server to test it out for yourself before you commit to making it your home server too.

Arcteryx

Anyone else having CRAZY amounts of dc's post patch? I can't even stay connected for more than a minute(no joke) the past 2 days.

Levyne

Banned
Anyone else having CRAZY amounts of dc's post patch? I can't even stay connected for more than a minute(no joke) the past 2 days.

I haven't had any disconnects, but sometimes the game just minimizes itself, bumping me to the desktop, and when I close out, I sometimes have to kill the process myself in the task manager.

etiolate

Banned
Hit 80 on my Engineer and now running all over the world grabbing my gear from different places. I want the SE armor eventually, but for starters it's a hodgepdge of exotics.

Retro

Yep, dungeon race kicked ass, I like that these are starting to become a regular thing and participation is improving overall. We had enough for three full teams, hopefully more next time, a couple people logged on but didn't have a high enough level character or something similar.

Good stuff, keep it up Hawkian.

Good job being 1st losers with me, team defuriouslessnessidid or whatever our name was. Path 3 is not too bad.

Team Deviousness, I guess. Hawkian needs to come up with better team names. Like... Team Thundergod Falconwing Deathslayer. FUCK YAW
fyLXEfe.gif

It was especially awesome that we did CoE3; I'd never run it before and it has some really cool fights in it. I think, considering we were minutes behind AND three of us had never done it before, we should get extra points for effort.

Very early, right after the patch. They did fix it though, so I don't know what it could be. Hmmm..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks so much to all for coming and congrats to Team EXCITEMENT on the win!

Next time I promise the names will be closer to Thrash Metal album titles.

Really want to try path 3 myself now, it was always my favorite.

Ricker

Sorry about my dungeons are awful rant from before,I think what you guys are doing is great and I would probably enjoy them teaming up with you guys,it's just that my experience on other servers(2) have been awful 90% of the time...I mean Ascalonians Catacombs when the game came out at level in there,the first few times,you just got destroyed without even knowing what was going on and caused heavy repair bills for me and frustrations...

Levyne

Banned
Sorry about my dungeons are awful rant from before,I think what you guys are doing is great and I would probably enjoy them teaming up with you guys,it's just that my experience on other servers(2) have been awful 90% of the time...I mean Ascalonians Tomb when the game came out at level in there,the first few times,you just got destroyed without even knowing what was going on and caused heavy repair bills for me and frustrations...

Nah. It's understandable. You don't have to like them. They play very differently from other games and even GW1.

Retro

As far as dungeons go, anything > PUG. GAF runs are almost always smooth as silk, friendly when things do get rough, and overall a much more pleasant experience than jumping in with a bunch of strangers.

Mumble also helps. A LOT. It's always available and free for everyone to use when they're playing, even if it's just to hang out and chat. Info is in the OP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just in the interest of info, AC Story has been given significant changes to make it less frustrating on new groups. Course I understand if you don't want to risk the frustration of trying again, but a number of the toughest spots were nerfed.

Noooo I took too long with the jumping puzzle in Sparkfly Fen and missed dragon fight haha Now I have to wait a few hours, doh. Thought I'd get there early enough to get credit but guess not. Jumping puzzle was cool, enjoyed having a mini-goal within the jumping puzzle besides just get to chest.

Complistic

I main a guardian.

30/0/20/20/0

Good survivability, good damage. Greatsword and scepter/shield. And I use various shouts, and swap between a couple of the condition removals depending on if I'm in a group or not.

etiolate

Banned
Good stuff, what build are you using?

0/30/0/20/20 Juggernaut FT and Elixir Gun build. I am currently using a rifle, but my main weapon doesn't matter too much. The rifle just adds more AoE and Vuln stacks. I stack healing power with some mixture of other stats.

Taffer

I haven't had any disconnects, but sometimes the game just minimizes itself, bumping me to the desktop, and when I close out, I sometimes have to kill the process myself in the task manager.

Disconnects stopped for me after the fix that followed the update but I have to manually kill the process every time I quit.

Bonus set bonus question: Underwater your headgear is swapped out for your rebreather, anyone know if this breaks the set bonus on your runes? If I stick a seventh rune in the rebreather the number of runes listed appears as 7/6 (in red) so I swapped the rebreather rune for another because red numbers. It's 5am so I can't be bothered to check right now and I always forget once I launch the game.

Tarazet

Just starting playing today coming from SW:ToR and WoW, and rolled a Guardian. So far I've tried 1H Mace, 1H Sword, and 2H Sword and liked the 2H Sword build the best for its animations and mix of offensive skills. I'm very much enjoying the rewards for cooperative play out in the world; it keeps the zones lively and mixes things up brilliantly.

What would folks recommend as a good leveling/class build guide for someone who knows very little about the game?

Trey

Just starting playing today coming from SW:ToR and WoW, and rolled a Guardian. So far I've tried 1H Mace, 1H Sword, and 2H Sword and liked the 2H Sword build the best for its animations and mix of offensive skills. I'm very much enjoying the rewards for cooperative play out in the world; it keeps the zones lively and mixes things up brilliantly.

What would folks recommend as a good leveling/class build guide for someone who knows very little about the game?

The beauty is that you can kinda do whatever in PvE, especially with a bulky class like the Guardian. I haven't rolled one so I couldn't tell you explicitly where you'd want to spec - we have plenty of Guardians in the guild and I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to kick you a few tips. Ask here or in guild chat.

etiolate

Banned
Engy Pix

As for leveling guide/build guide, I'd check the class forums of the official game forums and also the class forums on guildwars2guru.com. I am not sure how many leveling guides there are for the game as it's sort of a just go out and do stuff sort of game.

scotcheggz

I just read that you don't need to have done story modes to enter dungeons as long as someone in the group has completed them, is that true? I never bothered with dungeons because no ne really seemed to be looking for story mode... If that's the case, anyone up for running cof with a dungeon newb?!

hythloday

I just read that you don't need to have done story modes to enter dungeons as long as someone in the group has completed them, is that true? I never bothered with dungeons because no ne really seemed to be looking for story mode... If that's the case, anyone up for running cof with a dungeon newb?!

You are correct! As long as one person can start explorable mode, you're good.

0/30/0/20/20 Juggernaut FT and Elixir Gun build. I am currently using a rifle, but my main weapon doesn't matter too much. The rifle just adds more AoE and Vuln stacks. I stack healing power with some mixture of other stats.

I'm running 0/10/0/30/30 for the SD build. Also I like using the toolkit so I got that in there was well

Edit: You guys see the next week wvw matchup. It's pretty crazy

Ryan_

I'm thinking of coming from Gandara EU (old Eurogaf server) to SBI US.

Is that a wise thing to do? Is there more life on your server? I'm still leveling (with my newfound enthusiasm I just got from 71 tot 74) but on Gandara, no one is in Straits atm.
Like it's a ghost town (no pun intended).

WOuld it be a problem since I'm European?

Trey

Is that a wise thing to do? Is there more life on your server? I'm still leveling (with my newfound enthusiasm I just got from 71 tot 74) but on Gandara, no one is in Straits atm.

There would be no problem. Unless you wanted friend to guest with you on SBI and they're on an EU server. Otherwise, it sounds like the move for you.

Ryan_

There would be no problem. Unless you wanted friend to guest with you on SBI and they're on an EU server. Otherwise, it sounds like the move for you.

Is there anyone I can PM for an invite to the guild?

My name is Ryan.4281 :)

EDIT: Nvm, just saw that it costs 1000 Gems.
Can't afford that right now. Maybe I'll join up with you guys later then :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe we can get a donation together to bring you over :D I'll put up 100 gems' worth.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play much for a couple weeks for dumb unpleasant reasons.

scotcheggz

I'm from the UK but I rolled on US SBI since I figured I'd mostly be playing in US prime rather than EU, but it seems quite busy anytime I log on.

I had fun in WvWvW earlier, never did it before, but it was a blast, cheers!

Ryan_

I'm from the UK but I rolled on US SBI since I figured I'd mostly be playing in US prime rather than EU, but it seems quite busy anytime I log on.

I had fun in WvWvW earlier, never did it before, but it was a blast, cheers!

Yea, it seems like the perfect option :)

I was an officer in EuroGAF in the early days, together with Naito, but everyone stopped playing and I got a bit of a burnout and no there's nobody left haha

But I hope I can join you soon! WOuld love to be able to play with some GAFers again. Those early days we're awesome.

_woLf

Just did a FOTM run. Level 10 -- should be easy as hell, right?

Wrong. Possibly the worst group I've ever had to deal with. Didn't know how to do anything but yet claimed they were above level 10 in FOTMs...

Took 2 and a half hours. Finally downed Jade Maw. Everyone opens the chest....

Ascended Ring for the first ele.
Ascended Ring for the second ele.
Ascended Ring for the first ranger.
Ascended Ring for the second ranger.

I didn't even get a fucking gold item.

Fuck this game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mesmer is very quickly becoming my favorite class.
Thief feels like it was designed for me specifically, but Mesmer is one of the most creative and fun MMORPG classes I've played. Even though it's sad how different it is from what you could do in GW1

etiolate

Banned
A trickery/counter-casting class would be a lame and weak cc specific class in most games. ANet makes it work by letting the class be the troll mode it deserves to be.

Ryan_

Just bought 800 gems on the store to transfer to SBI.
I didn't wanna buy 1600 because that was double the price.
Is there anybody who can lend me 200 gems? Or is it not possible to give someone gems?
I can pay you back in gold for it (once I have some gold).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom