• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn :( Won't be back on the desktop till monday. It's cool though. Also since i haven't done the 2 new Living Story quests, do they have the same rewards as the first one (the karma letter)?

Levyne

Banned
Nah one you can't even finish yet because it has to unfold further I think. I don't remember the other (killing invaders) having a reward outside of exp.

Astra

Is there any particular officer I should whisper about getting a Guild invite, or are they all still pretty active?

Edit: Ah, seems Hawkian is an officer, and it looks like he is quite active. I'll send you a whisper.

Alright, I'm now a proud member. I look forward to some great fun with you guys!

goonie

Just joined as well! It'll probably be about a week until I can actively play, but I'm pretty excited to be a part of the guild.

etiolate

Banned
So sad that much of the Charr cultural stuff is so meh. I'd rank the cultural items:

1. Norn
2. Asura
3. Sylvari
4. Human
5. Charr

The Charr weapons need some spell effects or something. It's like here's a bolt and some metal, congrats.

Lunar15

Took forever, but I now have over 20 sets uploaded to minus. If anyone wants to use one of these, let me know and I can tell you the name of the dyes used.

Color Themes

Video Game Characters

My favorite right now? Velvet Room:

i85jwMouP5VPR.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So sad that much of the Charr cultural stuff is so meh. I'd rank the cultural items:

1. Norn
2. Asura
3. Sylvari
4. Human
5. Charr

The Charr weapons need some spell effects or something. It's like here's a bolt and some metal, congrats.

Man I have a wildly different opinion than you

1. Human
2. Norn
3. Charr
4. Sylvari
5. Asura

The only asuran cultural I like is the light T3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sylvari cultural does look great on Sylvari at least. :)

Game is better than ever post-patch btw... had a blast the last two nights.

edit:
Is this really what was intended? Pre-patch I was happy whenever I got the occasional rare, which was actually just that – RARE. Now – I’m just hoping for more than one rare. Seriously, WAY too many rares are being generated in the game now.
Willickers. It's almost as though a certain near-constant percentage of the vocal playerbase will be discontent no matter what occurs!

Anno

I do kinda wish the rares were being thrown off for harder events at least. As it is everything just gets demolished by a huge Zerg in no time at all, everyone loots their box and moves off the next one. Don't really seem like epic events at that point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I do kinda wish the rares were being thrown off for harder events at least. As it is everything just gets demolished by a huge Zerg in no time at all, everyone loots their box and moves off the next one. Don't really seem like epic events at that point.
I don't really mind there being a big bandwagony zerg going between all the "easy events" if that's what they want to do, but I wouldn't mind their difficulty being scaled up with huge numbers either.

It's the fact that any meta event chain (except the megadestroyer apparently) have the new rewards which combined with the one-per-day thing make all of them more desirable in total to run. It just feels a lot more satisfying to complete (and heartbreaking to fail) any meta event now. And of course if they made the big world events harder there'd be a new stream of complaints about the rare faucet being turned off.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Wish there were interactive World Events like the new and improved Ghost Eater. That would make it less mindless.

Trey

Biggest GW2 gaffes?

The largest one I can think of right now is selling the Madking's shield when it dropped for me for 9g (I didn't start on my warrior at the time). It's worth three times that right now.

Levyne

Banned
I sold the mad moon for ~15g, though I am not too upset about that because it was the quick cash I needed to afford The Lover to make The Dreamer, which was at a low price due to Karka event.

I wish I invested in those forge node things, ha

Sigh, by the time I get my Mesmer to the level where I get ecto possible rares, it will be fixed haha Stop complaining, I wish I could get my ecto farm going for that stupid ascended earring price. Actually, I forget, do you really need an earing? or can you just place a ring in that slot? this heart accessories you get at the lower levels have diminished my memory of the subject. I want to say there's at least one slot that an earing can be placed that a ring cannot.

Back on the Mesmer trait topic...I was playing with the builder and reading online comments on the subject last night and just couldn't make a final decision. The mesmer tree just has too many damn good choices. So if I do a phantasm build, I probably don't need clone on dodge. My struggle is that I'd really like to get that staff trait in the Chaos line but you need 20 pts there and I can only free up 15 towards it...so close. It's a must to put 5 in celerity no matter what build you do, pretty much and then I need 25 in Inspiration to get all the beneficial traits for phantasms. I then need 10 in domination to get the illusion does 15 percent more damage trait because I learned it stacks with the phantasm trait in Inspiration so a phantasm will do an extra 30 percent more damage! I already don't like only have 10 pts worth in domination for boosting max Power as is but I suppose gear can make up for that. I'm still 5 pts shy of getting that staff trait and the staff is what I'm sitting in most of the time so having frequent chaos storm and armor would be amazing. If only sharper images was a 5 pt minor trait! I guess I have to decide between sharper images and the staff trait but bleed on crit is kind of the illusions bread and butter for causing damage... Not to mention besides sharper images, I'd also have 15 pts to buffer other lines if I didn't go with the staff skill, could even put clone on dodge back in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wish there were interactive World Events like the new and improved Ghost Eater. That would make it less mindless.
Well, I really think Grenth (which was totally redone in the Jan patch) is a big step in the right direction. Requires much more coordination, and can actually get substantially harder with a bigger group than with a smaller one. Can hilariously wipe out even big zergs, but not too time-consuming or annoying to retry if you fail. Just GREAT open-world endgame content right there IMO, I hope it's used as a model for the future. I had a lot of fun doing Dwayna yesterday too even though that fight's basically the same, it was always pretty well-designed. Lyssa, also, has a pretty unique mechanic.

As far as the "timer" world events, Jormag, as well, at least has multiple phases and requires more mechanics than "hit" to succeed.

But the rest of the really big ones really are just HP bars waiting to be melted. The Maw in particular, it's just nuts how crazily fast it falls now.

I wouldn't be upset at all with them doubling in difficulty. The new event scaling tech that is in play in the high-level zones obviously hasn't been rolled out to the rest of the game yet, but I'm already leaning toward "yep. do it!" Basically, the more people there are at an event, the more serious the event should get by the end. It shouldn't be a matter of "more people = less reason to have to pay attention."

All that said, it raises two interesting questions to me:

-The Frozen Maw, SB, the Wurm, and the Fire Elemental are in level 1-15 zones. As much as I really, really miss the old "how the hell" difficulty of the OG Fire Elemental, maybe the big events in these zones should be big shiny-looking loot pinatas? That is, a level 2 character is just as likely to be participating as a level 80; maybe a handful of events should really stay this easy for good.

-Do the rewards in the event chest remain the same regardless of how the event was scaled (if you beat it with 3 people do you still get the rare/exotic chance you would if there were 40)? I assume so- you really should!- but I haven't done a Meta Event without a sizable group since the patch.

Retro

It's the fact that any meta event chain (except the megadestroyer apparently) have the new rewards which combined with the one-per-day thing make all of them more desirable in total to run. It just feels a lot more satisfying to complete (and heartbreaking to fail) any meta event now. And of course if they made the big world events harder there'd be a new stream of complaints about the rare faucet being turned off.

The only solution; make new meta events with bigger, nastier encounters and leave the current ones in as 'easy'. Personally, I'd move the Shatterer out of there and replace him with a lesser dragon. For lore reasons, the Shatterer should be harder to kill (he is Kralkatorrik's champion, after all), so move him out and replace him with a lieutenant or something.

The Shatterer fight would be much more entertaining if they made him circle around that crater, moving quickly on all fours or just leaping across. He looks built like a jungle cat but he stands like a statue. If he was prowling around the edges of that depression with the Vigil forces at the center? That'd be badass.

Taffer

I sold the mad moon for ~15g, though I am not too upset about that because it was the quick cash I needed to afford The Lover to make The Dreamer, which was at a low price due to Karka event.

I wish I invested in those forge node things, ha

I sold the stuff I didn't want from the Mad King's events and bought a node for 12G to use when I was hanging around pen/shelter but I don't bother with that any more. Considering how many rares people are apparently getting from big chests now I think I'll only use the forge for specific recipes, most of which require buying something from Miyani, which means going to Lion's Arch, which makes the node less useful.
If it goes above 100G I'll just sell it.

Complistic

The only solution; make new meta events with bigger, nastier encounters and leave the current ones in as 'easy'. Personally, I'd move the Shatterer out of there and replace him with a lesser dragon. For lore reasons, the Shatterer should be harder to kill (he is Kralkatorrik's champion, after all), so move him out and replace him with a lieutenant or something.

The Shatterer fight would be much more entertaining if they made him circle around that crater, moving quickly on all fours or just leaping across. He looks built like a jungle cat but he stands like a statue. If he was prowling around the edges of that depression with the Vigil forces at the center? That'd be badass.

That's a really good idea. Make the zerg cut through branded to chase him down.

Jira

They just fixed all of the bugs that were bothering me from the patch, GJ ANet.

Living Story

Fixed a bug where invasion portals remained after the event ends.

Dungeon

Ascalonian Catacombs

Colossus Rumblus’s Cave In Shout can now be interrupted.
Detha’s Path: Fixed an issue with the Ghost Eater encounter where the Ghost Eater would sometimes get stuck in the trap. We also fixed an issue causing the traps to sometimes not fire and break, blocking the fight.

General

Fixed a bug with the chests that spawn for The Claw of Jormag, The Fire Elemental, and the Volcano Destroyer Boss. They are lootable once a day per character as intended.
Fixed a bug where Daily Rewards were sometimes not being granted after completing five daily achievements.
Fixed a recently introduced performance issue.
Fixed various crash bugs.

Items

Fixed a bug that caused the Legendary Warhorn Howler to become soul bound without equipping it.
Returned The Predator’s sound effect to its former glory.

Professions

Mesmer

Evasive Strike: This ability is now able to strike enemies.
The Prestige: This ability will now go on full recharge each time when activated.

WvW

Mesmer clones in WvW once again display their weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They just fixed all of the bugs that were bothering me from the patch, GJ ANet.
Damn. That is literally everything I noticed or heard of.

edit: The Burrows were fine for me in AC but the spike trap section with Detha was like sub-10fps. Hopefully it corrects that one.

Very happy about the mesmer spear and illusion fixes. Now the real question is if the megadestroyer's loot was fixed with whatever they did to the chest. It is literally the only meta event chest that I heard wasn't consistently giving rares after tuesday.

Trey

A small trip down memory lane:

I was anticipating GW2 since it was announced all those years ago. However, the point in time where I really felt Anet was making a game that was truly for me was when they announced they were getting rid of potions and energy all together. I didn't think it was possible for me to be more on board with the game at the time, but that day, rare thresholds were broken.

Guys I need your help.

I just updated my video card from a 560ti to a hd7950 but now whenever I load Guild Wars 2 it just stops at Downloading 0Kbs and it doesn't do anything?

It wont even load? Anyone have this problem before?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This happened to me on Wednesday; wonder if I'll get it once I login this afternoon or if it has been lost forever.
I hope so! You folk were punished for achieving too fast! :p
Guys I need your help.

I just updated my video card from a 560ti to a hd7950 but now whenever I load Guild Wars 2 it just stops at Downloading 0Kbs and it doesn't do anything?

It wont even load? Anyone have this problem before?
Hey that's my card.

Well, that actually doesn't sound that likely to be related to your GPU... I assume you've already tried rebooting, right? :p

edit: Aye, assuming you already have your latest drivers, deleting local.dat is a good step

I did many time. I deleted the local.day file. As soon as I updated my drivers for new card I tried loading GW and it did the update that was earlier today and then it just stalled.

I checked online and from official forums there was only 1 reply which was to delete local.dat and run chkdsk which I am doing right now.

It is taking way too long...

Man the Pact can't hold any outposts in Orr. Couple days ago I quit near the Wren WP: lots of Pact around, looks solid.

I login last night and they're all dead and the area is crawling with Veteran Risen. I revive a few and retake the WP. I head off to do the PS quest, come back and the Risen control the WP again. >_>

Katoki

Man the Pact can't hold any outposts in Orr. Couple days ago I quit near the Wren WP: lots of Pact around, looks solid.

I login last night and they're all dead and the area is crawling with Veteran Risen. I revive a few and retake the WP. I head off to do the PS quest, come back and the Risen control the WP again. >_>

Orr is just a "forgotten" zone. The only time anyone holds anything is when GAF suddenly decides to run through it and even then everything becomes lost after we're done.

Vossler

Welp, sold some stuff to afford the last eight, and cashed in some gems. Anyone here a 400 weaponsmith that can make me a gift of light tonight around 8:30-9 Central?

Trey

That's like 10 EDT, right? I can do it. Just ask in guild chat when you need it. Someone will undoubtedly oblige.

Kos, does the card have trouble with other games?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Biggest GW2 gaffes?

The largest one I can think of right now is selling the Madking's shield when it dropped for me for 9g (I didn't start on my warrior at the time). It's worth three times that right now.

I might have the most tragic story here.

One night I'm ready to go to sleep, see an advertisement on Guild chat for Ghost Eater. Decide to do that, end up getting the precursor Frostfang from Kohler.

Only one is up on TP, for 400g. I wanted to sell it for 300 to fulfill an order. Guildies and friends convince me to put it up for 400 instead.

Next day is the Karka event, everyone gets a precursor, the price drops to like 90g, I panic, delist it and sell it for 90g. So I basically made about 50g off of it, due to the fees of listing it for 400. It goes for about 400 now. :-|

Worst economics major ever.

That's like 10 EDT, right? I can do it. Just ask in guild chat when you need it. Someone will undoubtedly oblige.

Kos, does the card have trouble with other games?

I uninstalled the Catalyst Package then re-installed it but instead of doing an express install which installs everything in that package, I just installed the AMD Driver. Now the game loads without any problem.

Thank you, Trey and Hawk for the help.

Btw, I got a 15% discount on that card because a friend of mine works for AMD, plus got codes for Crysis 3 and Bioshock: Infinite !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom