• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I had absolutely no idea that was you. Fantastic dyes, makes me wish I had stuck with my Norn Warrior instead of blowing her up. Tier 3 Norn is just armor-y enough to look like proper armor but still skimpy enough to look like a proper Norn outfit.

Ha, yeah, had I known that I would be joining GAF guild, I would have made my account name Lunar15, or something similar enough so that people would know. But I really haven't played any alts (and I'm not huge on it), so in general, I'm always Ursa. And yeah, I'm the guy who was obsessive over dyes, as you can now see.

Female T3 armor is exactly the level of Valkyrie-ness that I want out of Norn armor. Boots suck, but as I said, HotW boots fit nicely. The helmet is great, and I might pick it up when I get the gold.

I think I prefer the Medium T3 Norn cultural armor though. It's a tough call.

I feel like I can say this on every page, but really: Anet not fucking around.

Completely agree. I was thinking about how this is easily one of the most heavily post-launch supported games I've ever seen. I really think that by the time the next expansion rolls around, this is going to be an entirely different game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I find Norn Cultural armor to be against ANet's design principles. It is so clearly more awesome than all the others that it fosters elitism.

Seriously though, plenty of the races' are pretty cool but all of the Norn ones make me so jealous.

Vossler

I find Norn Cultural armor to be against ANet's design principles. It is so clearly more awesome than all the others that it fosters elitism.

Seriously though, plenty of the races' are pretty cool but all of the Norn ones make me so jealous.

I find the Human Cultural to be perfect for guards....Also, the CoE Heavy armor is sweet looking as well....reminds me of a judge-type outfit from FFXII. Do we have something setup for Guild Missions this weekend?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think the earliest we can do it would be Friday night, like after 8PM EST or so. I think I'd personally prefer Saturday earlier in the day. What does the guild think?

Astra

Whatever happens to be the current gold to gem rate would be the cost. Unless that's what you took a look at and not directly purchasing gems from ANet.

I was looking at direct purchase at first. Seems with in game gold it would be 40,000 about, if my math is right. That's pretty steep.

Jira

New interview with some info on the March patch:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...-Wars-2-What-Marchs-WvW-Patch-Will-Bring.html

TL;DR:

- Culling is completely fixed with options to change how things are rendered for you.
- WvW progression system includes a new World XP that you gain from killing players, completing events, taking objectives, etc. There's now a rank up system attached to that much like sPvP but stays in line with how WvW allows you to use your PvE character.
- In the March patch they'll have passive unlocks as you rank up to help you specialize your character in WvW with things like carrying more supply, do more damage with siege weapons, take less damage with siege, do more damage to guard NPCs, etc.
- In later patches they'll add active abilities for WvW but they want to make sure they balance it and potentially create a part of the UI for it.
- The framework is extremely expansive where they can offer different kinds of progressions systems inside of the base progression systems.

I've heard of this as well, and I hope you reported it in-game. Funny, because the original Ghost Eater had its own propensity to bug and that was fixed, and history repeats!

The fight itself is quite frankly awesome. Once teams are altogether competent at it, it actually won't be any tougher than before, but way more fun. The feeling when you get a trap off and GE becomes damagable is really satisfying. I can tell this is much closer to what they wanted the fight to be originally (the description at the path selection is "trap and kill the Ghost Eater," which I certainly didn't feel like we were doing before). The ghostbusters aspect is just so damn grin-worthy, plus it actually eats ghosts now! How hard was that!

We reported it. It'll get fixed eventually.

Katoki

I was looking at direct purchase at first. Seems with in game gold it would be 40,000 about, if my math is right. That's pretty steep.

40k Gold doesn't seem right. Maybe 40 gold?

40g sounds roughly like what I remember working it out to once.

It's something like that with the fluctuations. As of this posting it's ~37g since SBI is an 1800 transfer. I looked into it on my own part just because of the Guild Event rewards but I digress.

ZOcvQKT.jpg

I have about 11g after selling a pricey dye I had found and not spending money on anything ever. BUT I also don't play that often so imagine I could probably have around twice that if I played everyday. Still.. 37g is a crazy investment. We need more bottomless pocketed people to buy massive amounts of gems and sell them!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well if we got guildies who had cash to spare to, say, donate a gold a day, we could get it done probably in a week or less.

Astra

40k Gold doesn't seem right. Maybe 40 gold?

Yeah, sorry, 40 gold coins. I keep using gold as a universal denomination. A habit from RPGs!

But yeah, I don't even have a single gold coin.

Yeah...37g isn't exactly pocket change for you in game plebs.

(jk, I have like..2g)

Yeah, I'm so poor. Though I barely started the game. It's odd not being filthy rich 30 hours into a game. You can tell I'm not an MMO gamer.

I must join the GAF Guild and learn the ropes.

Lunar15

Well if we got guildies who had cash to spare to, say, donate a gold a day, we could get it done probably in a week or less.

I'll not donate a single copper for these traitorous turncoats!

j/k I can chip in.

In other news, working on Persona 4 themed dye sets tonight.

Astra

I shall donate 65 silver coins... to myself. For GAF!

GAFfers are always so charitable. It must be the best guild in all of Tyria.

I also have a friend who wants to join the guild (he's a GAFer as well). Though we wouldn't mind splitting the cost of purchasing the gems for one of us.

In other news, working on Persona 4 themed dye sets tonight.

I like the sounds of this. P4 oozes style!

Levyne

Banned
Just so you know you can still join the guild and do a majority of the stuff with us anyways via guesting or cross/server content like dungeons anyways.

Feels like we've had a lot of additions to the guild recently. Some people in game that I don't know who they are on here. Soothing Rose and Gattsby I think for instance.

If you're here say hi, lol

Lunar15

Wow...

some people are dedicated, lol

konohana-sakuya!

I just have a friend that doesn't play this game, but is really artistic and loves helping out with this kind of stuff. Color theory, yo. We've collaborated on about 30 sets.

This is why I need a dye switcher, people!

rxdco07

I'm getting withdrawals from being away from my desktop and not getting to play this game. One more night then will hopefully hit 40 by the end of the weekend

Ran tier 1, 2, & 3 guild mission holy fuck those bosses hit hard, and they have a large patrol route and the timer sucks we failed tier 3 couldn't find one boss in time..

For science I did all the daily achievements today. There's no special reward. I actually managed to do all of them except "Karma spender" and "Ambient killer" through normal WvWvW play so it was no hassle. :)

I kinda wish the achievement points were a currency of sorts that unlocked content. If you just merely completed each one, I'd treat it like console achievements but the fact that many keep going indefinitely upon completing the tiers just to generate a higher score seems pointless to me. Is it just for e-peen when your friends look at you in the friend menu?

Levyne

Banned
I kinda wish the achievement points were a currency of sorts that unlocked content. If you just merely completed each one, I'd treat it like console achievements but the fact that many keep going indefinitely upon completing the tiers just to generate a higher score seems pointless to me. Is it just for e-peen when your friends look at you in the friend menu?

Supposedly they're working on that, but I feel it is more in a conceptual stage rather than a "expect it in the march update" thing

That's cool, it's not something I expect of them but just a thought that pops into my head every time I clear another bar on an indefinite tier. Would be sweet if it's retroactive once they do. Actually, it' d probably have to be as all characters share achievements so you can't attempt to get any of them again :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
word is it will be retroactive somehow (like you'll get credited for jumping puzzles you've completed), but that repeatable achievements won't apply.

Jira

What they've said is they want to convert achievement points into some spendable currency, but they will not count the infinite achievement points for obvious reasons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let's decide on a Guild Bounty event time. I'd prefer Sat. but if everybody wants to do it tomorrow I can probably be there :)

Of course, that'd be ridiculous if they counted the infinite tier layers, we'd all be rich! Like what I'm hearing, I look forward to the implementation.

Now then, Mesmer talk: So I was originally planning on a shatter build with GS and S/pistol or focus with traits at 20/20/0/0/30. I then by recommendation from someone in map chat watched the videos by Mr. Prometheus on youtube and I highly recommend it to all Mesmers, at least new ones. It's a lot to watch but you can skip through but he does a great job covering all the basics, skills, traits, combos you can self create, etc. with his own opinions and experience on it all. He also encourages you to come up with build theory rather than just recommending a specific build you can copy/paste to your character though he does recommend one for leveling. Some of it is before patches concerning skills, but he touches on updates each video he produces (currently 4 of them). Anyway, he convinced me to give the staff a chance and that it's heavily underrated offensively.

I've just recently applied the Master manual and am finding that I don't really shatter often (only to finish an enemy off) and that the minor traits really cater towards keeping my clones/phants on the board. I can stack bleeding on foes something fierce and allowing enemies to kill my clones rather than shattering them, cripples them which makes it easier for me to create space and generate another clone in it's place. When I get more skill points, I'll also unlock a minor trait for causing a random condition when they kill a clone. So as fun as shatter build probably is, I'm really considering a phantasm build which would probably have me go 20 20 0 25 5 (though I very well make take 5 off of the fourth trait line and put it on one of the other three, need to look at what I'd get again). I am rocking the staff with s/focus for running around maps and swapping the focus for pistol when I'm not in need of swiftness like in a story mission. I plan on equipping torch for dungeon runs when I expect to be playing in a party where I can do some serious support with condition removals and chaos armor all around. It's almost a shame to not use GS because it's a lot of fun but the staff has so much versatility and what REALLY makes it useful is your clones using the 1 attack which causes conditions on the foe and the 3 (phantasm) skill causes more damage the more conditions are stacked on the foe which between myself and my other two clones out, is quite a bit :D my gear is in the mold of zerker (Power, Prec, Crit) and I have a sigil that gives me 30 percent chance to bleed on crit which my one skill has a chance of causing that regardless so I just really stack the bleeding and it makes my phantasm do lots of damage. It will only do more once I get that cause random condition on clone death trait :D

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom