• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

That's like 10 EDT, right? I can do it. Just ask in guild chat when you need it. Someone will undoubtedly oblige.

Kos, does the card have trouble with other games?

Yep, should be around 10 EDT. Will definitely hit up guild chat then, thank you sir!

Also, in other sweet news, I will be going SLI with my 670's early next week. Not that it will help a whole lot in gw2, but means I should be able to Supersample at 1080p! Going to install SweetFX as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh, interesting stuff...

So apparently guesting allowed you to repeat some, but not all, of the world events on the same character for a second chest within the same day. Looks like this was patched with the hotfixes today, and the official position is that "one per character, per day" regardless of server is how it's intended to work.

A pretty darn quick fix and a good idea. I'm a big advocate of guest-hopping when something isn't in the right state or you want to do an event with more or fewer people around. It is not meant to circumvent intentional limitations with the side-effect of overpopulating servers with people who are only there because they wanted rewards they already got on their home server.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jira posted the full notes- it was fixing seemingly every bug or issue I had heard of with the new patch, but that one isn't explicitly listed although it does mention three events which may be the ones you could guest for.

I do wonder about the people who got screwed by overshooting their dailies. I feel for you industrious Tyrians!

I...I just bought Fine Transmutation Stones.
:(

image.php

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh wow. Gonna be sniping the currency exchange to buy up some gems over the next couple days then. Hope I don't miss out on anything good!
Is the guild doing the guild mission right now, or you waiting till later?
I think the official word is we're gonna wait til tomorrow to do the first one. Say 4:00PM EST?

However, the officers were talking, and the thing is, STARTING a mission once you have it unlocked is pretty trivial. We can afford to do so fairly often. The trick will just be having enough people on and coordinated to actually beat it. Theoretically, if we had enough people on, we could give it a shot tonight, then run the first "official" Guild Bounty tomorrow so people know when to be there. Either way, I won't be able to be on until about 9PM tonight (my mom's bday!)

Jira

Yeah I dunno who's on right now, but feel free to share your thoughts on the above stuff Jira. :)

So wait, fine transmutes on sale right now eh? How much?

Only thing on sale based on what ash said is the mini 3 pack. I'm not hone so I'm gonna miss out on the gem spike.

Arcteryx

Oh wow. Gonna be sniping the currency exchange to buy up some gems over the next couple days then. Hope I don't miss out on anything good!

I think the official word is we're gonna wait til tomorrow to do the first one. Say 4:00PM EST?

However, the officers were talking, and the thing is, STARTING a mission once you have it unlocked is pretty trivial. We can afford to do so fairly often. The trick will just be having enough people on and coordinated to actually beat it. Theoretically, if we had enough people on, we could give it a shot tonight, then run the first "official" Guild Bounty tomorrow so people know when to be there. Either way, I won't be able to be on until about 9PM tonight (my mom's bday!)

My 2 cents(after doing a few the other night): try and have people scout the current locations(check Dulfy for the routes they take), but don't overload a spot(try and keep it under 5, ask in map chat, etc). Once one is found, only have one person follow and the rest should go to another zone that needs help finding them. Once you find out which ones to kill, then you can just have the people following link the nearest WP and everyone can join in.

That said, some of them can be "tough" and will require ~3-4 mins with a decent sized group of people, while others are INCREDIBLY easy and could be solo'd.

Some of them are also hard to locate because they aren't "visible"
the one in Southsun is located INSIDE of a vet karka...yea INSIDE, you have to locate him via his screams

tl;dr: they are fun, but require a decent amount of pre-planning to pull off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the one in Southsun is located INSIDE of a vet karka...yea INSIDE, you have to locate him via his screams
I sincerely wish I hadn't highlighted that. That is amazing.

Jira

My 2 cents(after doing a few the other night): try and have people scout the current locations(check Dulfy for the routes they take), but don't overload a spot(try and keep it under 5, ask in map chat, etc). Once one is found, only have one person follow and the rest should go to another zone that needs help finding them. Once you find out which ones to kill, then you can just have the people following link the nearest WP and everyone can join in.

That said, some of them can be "tough" and will require ~3-4 mins with a decent sized group of people, while others are INCREDIBLY easy and could be solo'd.

tl;dr: they are fun, but require a decent amount of pre-planning to pull off.

Dulfy's guide is only useful for their current spawn. When they respawn after being killed they'll be in a completely different part of the map. Whether they have different routes for different spawns is the big question.

Arcteryx

Dulfy's guide is only useful for their current spawn. When they respawn after being killed they'll be in a completely different part of the map. Whether they have different routes for different spawns is the big question.

The routes mirrored Dulfy's guide pretty much 100% of the time for us(even after resets), so I don't think they follow specific paths per spawn.

Katoki

Aha. I'm ready. I went and put 21g into 1400 gems sometime in January. The rates now are about the same but with that sale announcement, I'm not so sure anymore.

Cels

In other news, people who encountered the dailies bug are SOL, potentially out of 2 daily reward chests.

I’m pleased to let you know that the issue that was preventing daily rewards from being granted under certain circumstances has been fixed. We also investigated the possibility of replacing daily rewards that were lost as a result of this issue. However, despite our best efforts, we were not able to provide replacement rewards due to technical limitations.

I know that you and others affected by this issue look forward to getting laurels and other rewards each day, and I’m very sorry that this happened. Any further daily achievements that you complete will grant you a reward chest as intended. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

we'll mail you karka stuff but daily rewards chests? naw, too hard.

Jira

In other news, people who encountered the dailies bug are SOL, potentially out of 2 daily reward chests.

we'll mail you karka stuff but daily rewards chests? naw, too hard.

Laurels are a UI based currency and don't exist as an actual item in the game. They can't send a part of the UI in the mall. Never assume something in software development is easy.

Cels

Laurels are a UI based currency and don't exist as an actual item in the game. They can't send a part of the UI in the mall.

it doesn't have to be mail, it could be a makeup daily rewards chest that pops up as soon as you login. but anyway, i'm glad they fixed the bug.

Jira

it doesn't have to be mail, it could be a makeup daily rewards chest that pops up as soon as you login. but anyway, i'm glad they fixed the bug.

Obviously they thought of doing that and every other possible solution. If they could have done it they probably would have.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is a real bummer, I'm sorry for you guys! I'm thinking there's no reliable way at all for the game to "check" if you completed a past daily- why would the game care about that fact under ordinary circumstances? It just does a one-time spawn of the popup chest on hitting 5/5 (now, presumably, on hitting 5-9/5).

Big misstep... I can feel the forum rage from here :p But long term, it was a pretty quick fix.

Levyne

Banned
Tier 1 is two bosses. Tier 2 and 3 are more. You only need to kill 1 to get your personal reward, which is account bound. The guild has to finish all to get the merit reward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I just missed it! Darn.

edit: Oh wow, this is serious business. Loving the energy.

Bleh, I've got a stutter/frame skip in-game every two seconds or so now. What the hell :/

Retro

Guild Mission Tier 2 complete. Spreading out across the world to track down the targets before we started the mission was fantastic, then the frantic scramble to descend on the target before time runs out is great.

Good stuff. These are fun. Only going to get better. Proud of GAFGuild's ass-kickery tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tier 3 Guild Bounty tomorrow (Saturday) at 5:00 PM EST.

This will be a real challenge, so please show up.

...this is awesome.

Levyne

Banned
Guild Missions
A Primer

Lot's of questions about the rewards for Guild Missions, the personal reward, etc. I will try to put in a simple post here. This won't be exhaustive (like listing exactly how many merits each tier of each type of mission rewards.)

Ok

There are FIVE TYPES of Guild Missions:
Info

Guild Bounties Unlock: (We Have Unlocked)
Requires: Art of War Tier 5
Cost: 50,000 Influence

Guild Trek Unlock:
Requires: Economy Tier 6 + Guild Bounty Unlock
Cost: 30 Merits and 50,000 Influence

Guild Rush Unlock:
Requires: Politics Tier 6 + Guild Trek Unlock
Cost: 80 Merits and 50,000 influence

Guild Challenge Unlock:
Requires: Art of War Tier 6 + Guild Rush Unlock
Cost: 150 Merits and 50,000 influence

Guild Puzzle Unlock:
Requires: Architecture Tier 6 + Guild Challenge Unlock
Cost: 250 Merits and 50,000 influence

Tiers:

Guild Bounty and Guild Trek have 3 tiers. The tiers mean that it becomes more difficult to complete as a guild, but the Merit reward is higher. If a higher tier is completed, the new higher reward replaces the old ones for the guild (it is not additive.)

Merits

Merits are rewarded to the guild (not the player) for completing the guild missions. At first, these will be used to unlock further mission types, but then they can be used for gold+ banners, waypoint cost reduction, etc.

Personal Rewards and Commendations

Each ACCOUNT can get a personal award PER Mission TYPE

Example of Personal Award:
BountyReward.png

This reward is INDEPENDANT of tier. Helping the guild with a tier 1 bounty or a tier 3 bounty will result in the same reward. If you helped kill a bounty, you get the bounty reward. Any further bounty hunting of yours will be to help the guild get merits if the guild is attempting a higher tier.

So you can get 5 Personal Rewards per week, one for each guild mission type.

Running Missions

Starting a guild mission, once it is unlocked, requires an officer to start. Starting a mission requires only 200 influence for a 12 hour wait. We can use this time to plan ahead for guild mission runs, but up to 2000 influence can be used to instantly speed up and run a mission, so they effectively can be started anytime.

OK...hope I didn't miss anything

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks so much for that post, Seda! I'll be copying it over to GAFGuild.

Some internal guild decrees, re: Guild Missions:

• If you need your commendations for the week, and you are a GAF guild member, you will get them. If you miss an official scheduled event like the Tier 3 bounty tomorrow, we will hold various scheduled Tier 1 missions at various times throughout the week for people who did not yet get their reward. Think of these as "makeup runs." We'll let you know in advance of these and you can also feel free to suggest times.
  • Until all missions types are unlocked, the guild will not be spending influence on anything except the aforementioned "makeup runs," and buffs to help us gain more influence.
  • PLEASE group with guildies when doing the now-fantastic World Events and anything else. This is the best way for us to gain influence.
  • Guild missions are awesome.

GAFGuild Administration thanks you for your time and your ass-kicking ability.

etiolate

Banned
It does seem that the challenge with bounty is finding the NPCs. We did zerg the bosses down, but besides the Diplomat, they didn't have too many punishing mechanics. You could make the Diplomat easier with lots of condy removal.

I hear the Challenge missions are rather tough though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It does seem that the challenge with bounty is finding the NPCs. We did zerg the bosses down, but besides the Diplomat, they didn't have too many punishing mechanics. You could make the Diplomat easier with lots of condy removal.

I hear the Challenge missions are rather tough though.
The Challenge missions apparently live up to their name, even at Tier 1. Rushes are more "twitch-based," and Treks are the "easymode" guild missions.

But I...

I, Hawkian..

I cannot fucking wait until we unlock the Puzzles.

guild-mission-puzzle.jpg

Kindly put it in my veins please.

Levyne

Banned
I think Guild Challenge only has 1 tier. If you check the mouseover tool tip it only has 30 merits for completion of any sort.

Also sad is I was in EB queue for over an hour but had to log off to go to dinner and then I get back in for an hour and half upon my return and I get randomly disconnected while playing, losing my progress again :( I WILL get in there and finally attain 100 percent WC with my Ele. The crappy part is I want to play my Mes right now but can't because of the EB queue. If only you could stay in queue with alt and get alerted to go back to your other character when you can get in. /firstyrianproblems

Dinosur

Hey guys,

I had no fucking understanding that this game wasn't like WoW and you couldn't reroll characters on whatever server you wanted. Long story short, I just spent $35 of blue gem Allards to transfer over to your place to play with another gaf buddy. He sent a whisper but the officer was busy. If anyone can guild add from here, I'm forensick.7961 and if not, I'll just try sending a message in-game again tomorrow. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom