• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dailies are super-easy now.

Take yesterday's. Warp to WvW, then LA, then head south to Bloodtide Coast. Jump into the water and you can knock off Aquatic Slayer, Krytan Killer, Events, and Condition Applier almost simultaneously. If they're Group Events it's even faster.

Also, I'm getting pretty tired of fighting Risen.

Vossler

Unfortunately, was unable to attend the Guild meetup, but looks like fun. Was so tired Sat morning at 5 AM after going from 0-400 in weaponsmithing, but then realizing that I needed armorsmithing for Foefire's. Did that, and am now the proud owner of Foefire's Essence, but did get disconnected at the end of a Colossus run (sorry guys). Hope to have some time tomorrow to run around doing meta-events with it. Speaking of which, thanks for the checklist, Hawk!

jersoc

ba-bam.

It really is striking how much it changes the feel of the risk vs. reward with a simple tweak. Especially for me, since in my case there isn't anything even available I want to use badges for yet- I guess if nothing else, I'm saving up for a Gift of Battle!

The 26th patch has such extreme potential....

By the way, last night before I went to bed, two other players and I killed the Infinity Coil Commander alone. Took some real coordination and luck, that dude is annoying.

i still barely play as much as i do and still stand by my statements. the laurels are broken and ascended gear is dumb. it pigeon holes your spec.

no melee changes in wvw will be a huge failure but could still be something to unlock.

and there was 6 people in the guild. so good luck getting a dungeon group yeah? no dungeon finder is still hurting this game. if there's a 3rd party website dedicated to finding groups, i think this is a serious concern.

Also, I'm getting pretty tired of fighting Risen.

Yeah I got really burnt out on Risen and creating a new character allowed me to escape that. Until now..my story has now entered the later risen arcs and eventually I'll have to clear Orr with this character noooooooo. I wonder what large new foe we will face in the expansion at the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if we go to the Tengu lands and Tengu becomes a playable race. Tengu would probably be second after Largos as to what race I would most like added.

On another note, Tier 3 is the best thing that ever happened to my characters! haha My server has been absolutely curb stomping Maguuma and Dragonbrand and as a result, not only did I finally finish 100 percent World Completion with my Ele, but I was able to completely clear WvW with my Mes! I'm so motivated to get him to 100 percent completion now :D Blows my mind that my Mesmer did in one weekend what my Ele dragged out for months. Friday night and a few other times during the weekend we had 100 percent control of EB which is just crazy to me.

Also, there is a bug when you get 100 percent world completion where you don't get the reward. If this happens, go to the Chantry of Secrets in Blood tide Coast and it will pop upon entering. This happened to both myself and a friend. We both already had the Chantry poi in advance but had to go back there anyway. In my case, I also got a Chantry zone clear chest which I imagine he did too. Not sure why I didn't the first time because my Mes got it right away when I took him in there. I thought it was because my Ele was in the order of whispers so I first entered the chantry through a story mission but my buddy was not in the Order and it still happened to him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the checklist, Hawkian!
Unfortunately, was unable to attend the Guild meetup, but looks like fun. Was so tired Sat morning at 5 AM after going from 0-400 in weaponsmithing, but then realizing that I needed armorsmithing for Foefire's. Did that, and am now the proud owner of Foefire's Essence, but did get disconnected at the end of a Colossus run (sorry guys). Hope to have some time tomorrow to run around doing meta-events with it. Speaking of which, thanks for the checklist, Hawk!
You guys got it! Thank Jira for the idea, I just fleshed it out. I was having enough trouble keeping track on just ONE of my 80s. So much loot O.O

Foefire's looks amazing, by the way. Worth the wait. edit: Oh an no worries about the Colossus run. We figured out the fight shortly after your DC and I'd be happy to run it again with you.

BTW, last night Ash personally confirmed my suspicions/predictions about AC with Robert Hrouda in-game. Those thoughts/tips on running all paths of the new AC to be in an upcoming post probably tonight.
if there's a 3rd party website dedicated to finding groups, i think this is a serious concern.
I know that you and I have generally different attitudes toward dungeons in general. But that notwithstanding, can you expand on this a little? Why is it such a serious concern?

I could understand the argument that it was if www.gw2lfg.com didn't work. But I've literally never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a group to fill up. And I mean the literal kind of literally, no matter what dungeon I was looking for. Is there some reason you don't want to use it? :[

edit: Squall, those are the two races I want most too, in the reverse order ;)

Jira

ANet intends to essentially take what GW2LFG is (a group finder that requires some effort from the player) and make it available across every aspect of the game. You won't be getting a dungeon finder where you click a button and are randomly placed into a group with random people on a random server. We all know what that does for server community with absolutely zero interactions. GW2LFG is very quick and easy to use to where I've never struggled to find a group for a dungeon. Only a handful of people use that out of the entire playerbase and it works really fast. Expand that to the actual game where everyone has quick and easy access to it and finding groups will be stupidly easy.

edit: Squall, those are the two races I want most too, in the reverse order ;)

When I'm next to a Tengu starting at him, I kinda want that the most but Largos just feels more original to me. Manta Ray person? intriguing. Maybe it's partially because Tengu existed in GW1 already. I will say that I would be really interested in visiting both of their homelands and it would be awesome if they compromised the next two expansions. Tengu and Elona are more likely but there is a Largos that references the conflict in their homeland as well so that's certainly an opening.

Jira

When I'm next to a Tengu starting at him, I kinda want that the most but Largos just feels more original to me. Manta Ray person? intriguing. Maybe it's partially because Tengu existed in GW1 already. I will say that I would be really interested in visiting both of their homelands and it would be awesome if they compromised the next two expansions. Tengu and Elona are more likely but there is a Largos that references the conflict in their homeland as well so that's certainly an opening.

I want Elona more than anything just to see what the art team is capable of in terms of desert based landscapes. Hell I'll take Crystal Desert in the mean time.

I want Elona more than anything just to see what the art team is capable of in terms of desert based landscapes. Hell I'll take Crystal Desert in the mean time.

I'm looking forward to Crystal Desert for variety as well as nostalgia. Rez Glint! Honestly it's more likely we'll get more GW1 areas first before anything else but I feel like the Tengu homeland is coming. Crystal Desert and Norther Shiverpeaks just might come first.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ANet intends to essentially take what GW2LFG is (a group finder that requires some effort from the player) and make it available across every aspect of the game. You won't be getting a dungeon finder where you click a button and are randomly placed into a group with random people on a random server. We all know what that does for server community with absolutely zero interactions. GW2LFG is very quick and easy to use to where I've never struggled to find a group for a dungeon. Only a handful of people use that out of the entire playerbase and it works really fast. Expand that to the actual game where everyone has quick and easy access to it and finding groups will be stupidly easy.
Absolutely true and GW2LFG is doing all of the groundwork for them. They just expanded to include all other kinds of cooperative content as well, since people might want to try them with smaller groups, or find a server where they can be done faster, get help from guilds looking to do the same tier bounty or challenge, etc...

j9GxkGas5C69o.png

People aren't taking a lot of advantage of this functionality yet, but it's there, and it'll only get better with time. I think it's significant enough that I'm going to include it in my "Getting the Group You Want" post (sorry I have so many posts in progress, I've been playing too damn much! D:).

Mognet

i fell through the floor while searching for a skill point over in frostgorge sound. i thought it was pretty cool so i recorded it.

shoutout to sovalley from gaf guild whom i kept running into including the vid.

LkPr

GW2LFG is also available as an app (Andriod and iOS)... personally I haven't tried the app yet but if it works then it's even easier to use, not ALT + Tabbing! lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My favorite part about GW2LFG is when there is a name misspelling. Because I'm sure they're sitting there thinking no one loves them.

Use it for all of my grouping needs!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Outside the guild, there's zero community already anyway.

Auto-finder wouldn't bother me that much if they implement it.
Gotta disagree, especially as of this patch. I've had several meaningful interactions and formed parties with randoms out in the world totally unrelated to the guild, as well as some "hybrid encounters" like what went down during our Tier 3 bounty hunt.
GW2LFG is also available as an app (Andriod and iOS)... personally I haven't tried the app yet but if it works then it's even easier to use, not ALT + Tabbing! lol
What. Thank you for this.

Levyne

Banned
Hm, just realized that I probably should have waited before putting the gilded infusion in my amulet. I may lose it if ascended amulets become "infusable" , like in the rings.

If that happens, oh well, not end of the world.

Tarazet

My favorite part about GW2LFG is when there is a name misspelling. Because I'm sure they're sitting there thinking no one loves them.

Use it for all of my grouping needs!

Always found vastly better groups than trying to do a map spam pug or a guild group, too. The difference is night and day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Always found vastly better groups than trying to do a map spam pug or a guild group, too. The difference is night and day.
Oh, absolutely. No comparison. Just having the presence of mind to use the site is a huge determining factor in the first place, and the comment field does the rest of the work. They've recently added special icons you can check to make "at a glance" group finding even easier; they're slowly being adopted though the comment field is really all you need.

The worst I've ever had with a gw2lfg group was someone disconnect without warning and not show back up, but I don't even suspect rage quitting or malice. Probably just internet issues, and we filled the slot with another listing in less than 1 minute, and finished the run.

Levyne

Banned
I always found Guild Groups>>> gw2lfg > map spam

I guess if you gotta go fast and are a war or a mes then gw2lfg might top guild groups

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I always found Guild Groups>>> gw2lfg > map spam

I guess if you gotta go fast and are a war or a mes than gw2lfg might top guild groups
Sounds about right.

haha... if I ever do want to list a speedrun on gw2lfg I'm just gonna put "gotta go fast" as the description.

hythloday

Gotta disagree, especially as of this patch. I've had several meaningful interactions and formed parties with randoms out in the world totally unrelated to the guild, as well as some "hybrid encounters" like what went down during our Tier 3 bounty hunt.

I like SBI's community. People are nice if you just talk to 'em.

For WvW, there is an open Teamspeak server for SBI that anyone can join in on. I almost always see people using it. Several of the "regular" commanders use it. There have been many community-organized (through various guilds) events such as Orr temple runs, a WvW "training" night on Thursdays, and just this weekend there was a server scavenger hunt with actual prizes. Most of these things get advertised at stormbluffisle.com.

As for GW2LFG: It exists because players want/need something like it, and it doesn't exist in the game. It works great, but I can't wait til they put a LFG system like GW2LFG directly in the game. GW2 does NOT need an "insta-join" dungeon finder, but some interface to help groups form is definitely a good thing. It will just take time to develop.

I just hope that when it gets implemented, it gets used. The only example of in-game LFG systems I can remember experiencing was in Vanguard. Nobody used it and just spammed map chat anyway (but then again, nobody played Vanguard).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As for GW2LFG: It exists because players want/need something like it, and it doesn't exist in the game. It works great, but I can't wait til they put a LFG system like GW2LFG directly in the game. GW2 does NOT need an "insta-join" dungeon finder, but some interface to help groups form is definitely a good thing. It will just take time to develop.
At this point, GW2LFG has so much functionality (especially with this week's additions) that I'd have absolutely no problem with ArenaNet just getting permission, giving them some cash, and coding a quick Ruby on Rails application, just like the Black Lion Trading Post, that integrated with the existing site and provided an in-game interface for it. As imperfect as the TP may be, it works, it works reliably, and it works for millions of transactions a day. I hate the thought of ArenaNet putting dev time into something that the community has already done so well, if they could just make it accessible within the UI.
I just hope that when it gets implemented, it gets used. The only example of in-game LFG systems I can remember experiencing was in Vanguard. Nobody used it and just spammed map chat anyway (but then again, nobody played Vanguard).
Yeah, GW1 had a LFG tool...

...:(

Is there still room in the guild? I have a level 80 ele. I took a break and now I want to see what's up with the game now. Though if you guys are really stacked on guild requests, no need to worry about me because I'll probably only play a few times a week. I just want to see what's up with the guild before I bother an officer in game haha.

edit: Server transfers are still free right?

Shambles

Reading these posts just made me think of how awesome it would be to combine the LFG app with the event tracking spreadsheet where you could find people to group up with for event chains and have the app track who has what events done along with timers/status updates for events that you still need to do. Similar to the dragon timers.

Levyne

Banned
Is there still room in the guild? I have a level 80 ele. I took a break and now I want to see what's up with the game now. Though if you guys are really stacked on guild requests, no need to worry about me because I'll probably only play a few times a week. I just want to see what's up with the guild before I bother an officer in game haha.

Yes, the guild can take you, no transfers are no longer free but you can guest with us...if you are on an NA server.

Apparently there are large guilds that float around near the protection guild events that scale in difficulty based on population, who don't fight and then tell the small guild doing the mission to pay them x amount to leave :/

Also people trolling with the dragon timers to prevent buffer overflow I'm guessing? Too bad the timers aren't under official control.

Katoki

They're taken as they come. If you haven't been invited already, leave your username.#### here and someone will add you and probably leave a response here. If you don't check, the guild icon should have a red dot on it when the invite happens anyway.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Apparently there are large guilds that float around near the protection guild events that scale in difficulty based on population, who don't fight and then tell the small guild doing the mission to pay them x amount to leave :/

Also people trolling with the dragon timers to prevent buffer overflow I'm guessing? Too bad the timers aren't under official control.

Yeah I've heard that happening. What a bunch of dicks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I hate that regardless of what measures are taken to prevent griefing, as soon as a new way to do it is introduced, the assholes come out of the woodwork.

This is reportable by the way. If they get a lot of negative reports it might have an impact.

Levyne

Banned
We will definitely run one Friday or Saturday when we take on a Tier 3 bounty hunt. The officers may have more concrete plans.

If you want your commendations and can't be on then, maybe something can be worked out..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Ash has called Friday for our official T3 bounty for the week. No time schedule yet though, stay tuned!

We will definitely run one Friday or Saturday when we take on a Tier 3 bounty hunt. The officers may have more concrete plans.

If you want your commendations and can't be on then, maybe something can be worked out..
I haven't done a guild mission yet, can I still do the bounty hunt? And what exactly do commendations entail?

Levyne

Banned
Commendations are a currency of sorts that you can get by helping with a bounty (or any guild mission). It doesn't matter what tier, or whether the overall event succeeds or fails. If you help kill a bounty, you get 2 of em. You can get your reward for each type of guild event, once a week.

nataku

Hopefully we can get things repeated on the weekends. Guild missions on weekdays just won't work for me since I work the swing shift, 3pm to 11:30pm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here ya go, read up!

edit: My checklist :eek:
Anonymous User 1 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 4 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 4 has left.
Anonymous User 5 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 6 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 7 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 8 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 8 has left.
Anonymous User 7 has left.
Anonymous User 9 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 10 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 11 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 12 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 12 has left.
Anonymous User 626 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 627 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 627 has left.
Anonymous User 628 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 628 has left.
Anonymous User 567 has left.
Anonymous User 625 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 630 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 631 has opened the document.
Anonymous User 630 has left.
Anonymous User 255 has left.
Anonymous User 631 has left.
Anonymous User 632 has opened the document.

So the word on the street is that ash is getting banned from opening chests during group events? Is that true? Something about too many exotics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom