• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dungeon tokens are account bound now.

Not 100% confirmed, but apparently Jon Peters was giving an address in LA and the first run per day of any given dungeon path will earn you 60 tokens.

Tankshell

The world designers/art designers for this game should be given medals... it's so good. Explored Black Citadel last night for the 1st time and mind = blown. Possibly my fav city now of them all.

Goodtimes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Not 100% confirmed, but apparently Jon Peters was giving an address in LA and the first run per day of any given dungeon path will earn you 60 tokens.

TWILIGHT ARBOR EXP HERE WE COME

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I WAS PART OF THE BLACK LION CHEST CRASH PARTY.

Never forget.
I have never experienced anything like that and likely never will again. 4 gold in my pocket.

Also:
Updated vendors in the Ascalonian Catacombs and Caudecus’s Manor to sell level 80 versions of their unique skins rather than level 60 and 70. Players who purchased the level 60 and 70 versions will soon be given the opportunity to upgrade those to level 80 without having to use transmutation stones.

successkid.jpg

zon

I place orders, but it's hard to buy n resale when everyone is selling things at a copper over vendor price.

You are looking at the wrong items. Ores, logs and scraps are so abundant that you can't make money off them. There are however dozens upon dozens of other crafting materials.

Fuck yeah

suko_32

I have 26 gold by buying and reselling things on the TP. It kept changing as people started to realize what to buy to sell. I traded some of my fake gold into gems to buy all the bank and bag slots. I stopped playing this...not sure what I'm going to do with the money now.

Ken

I have 26 gold by buying and reselling things on the TP. It kept changing as people started to realize what to buy to sell. I traded some of my fake gold into gems to buy all the bank and bag slots. I stopped playing this...not sure what I'm going to do with the money now.

I'll take them.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bring ranged, good luck, don't die, and have fun.

I'll join on my warrior if you guys are doing it later.

Necro fixes omnom.

I've done it before. It's not bad.

zon

Maybe wait a bit and then come back and see if you like the game again, or you can always send the gold to me. :)

suko_32

I'll take them.

I was thinking of saving them for whenever the expansion comes out, or playing some sort of lottery...like opening a bunch of Black Lion Chests or ectoplasm salvage spree which is currently not worth it!

Edit: Oh, I like the game and really do think it was worth my $4x...just a little burnt out.

I don't know whether its a problem with the game or my pc,
I have the following specs:
i5 3450
8 gb of ram
gtx 680
msi h77 motherboard

Yet when I run the full game at max setting with native sampling,
All I get is between 30-70 fps,
And its very unstable,
and jerk a lot when I move my camera around.

Is this normal or my pc underperforming??

Ashodin

Woke up late last night to these patch notes. Fuckin' BEAUTIFUL.

I can't wait to do some EXPLORABLES with THETRIN AND HAWKIAN.

You guys better be on tonight. :p Say around 9 PM / 10 PM EDT?

Sophia

Is it just me or is performance better? I'm maintaining 30 FPS more often in cities.

Also, the Strong Magician pieces with the right hood and dyes is splendid.

M6mny.jpg

i5 3450
8 gb of ram
gtx 680
msi h77 motherboard

And its very unstable,

No, that isn't normal.

I have:
i5-3570k
HD 6870
8GB DDR3 1600
Z77 Mobo

So very similar setup to you and while the FPS is probably the same (haven't really clocked it honestly) I have absolutely no jerk or jittering. Just slight pop-up here and there but even in huge battles in WvWvW I have no jerkiness or jittery-ness.

I'd check drivers and see if anything is running in the background that might be stressing it?

Varna

i5 3450
8 gb of ram
gtx 680
msi h77 motherboard

And its very unstable,

Overclocking you CPU at all? That might help a bit.

These are my specs:
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHZ
690GTX
8GB of Ram
SSD

I get pretty much that same performance including the jerking around when moving the camera around. Supposedly there is a bug with Ultra shadows at the moment that makes this far worse then it should be. Switch to high shadows and it should make it at least a little better.

If you check the official tech forums there are tons of people with high end systems getting shit FPS. It's just not something that getting any attention right now unfortunately.

Levyne

Banned
How many unique armor pieces exist in gw2? I've been thinking about it since I found Aidan's chest armor.

Lots. If you check on the TP you see Devona, Reyna, Zhed, most of the old heroes.

Edit: Just read the patch notes. Love the dungeon changes.

zon

Lots. If you check on the TP you see Devona, Reyna, Zhed, most of the old heroes.

Edit: Just read the patch notes. Love the dungeon changes.

Yeah but are they all known already? I mean, do we know the exact number of unique items?

Even getting slaughtered in WvW I had a blast for about 3 hours. I'm only LVL 13 so I assume I don't have all my OH SHIT buttons for a Guardian. But sometimes I would just get decimated by a single player while others I'd be able to stay up and survive and kill them.

One problem I had is catching people, it seems I just get kited around and have no way of stopping the person once I leap to them (using Greatsword and shield/scepter). Is there something I'm missing that can stop them? Those entangling vines are almost useless because it seems to not even go ON the target unless they stand still (very rare when somebody is running from you) and they will just appear where the person is.

I try the 5 skill (throw the sword twice to bring them to you) and try and snag them with vines but it almost never catches unless the person isn't moving.

Any ideas of how to keep a person rooted or crippled? I seem to be rooted or crippled a majority of the time.

Piecake

Damn, that is some sweet news on the dungeon rewards. I could get my CoE chest if we do all 3 dungeon paths today! - probably not going to happen :(

Nice to hear about the AC and CM gear changes as well. I found it rather odd why those were level 60 and 70 gear

so whats the feedback on how GW2 affects WOW?

personally, and I have never been into online games and PVP type stuff, its kinda set my expectations to never pay a monthly sub. but then again, I just dont have the time to justify things like raiding.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Even getting slaughtered in WvW I had a blast for about 3 hours. I'm only LVL 13 so I assume I don't have all my OH SHIT buttons for a Guardian. But sometimes I would just get decimated by a single player while others I'd be able to stay up and survive and kill them.

One problem I had is catching people, it seems I just get kited around and have no way of stopping the person once I leap to them (using Greatsword and shield/scepter). Is there something I'm missing that can stop them? Those entangling vines are almost useless because it seems to not even go ON the target unless they stand still (very rare when somebody is running from you) and they will just appear where the person is.

I try the 5 skill (throw the sword twice to bring them to you) and try and snag them with vines but it almost never catches unless the person isn't moving.

Any ideas of how to keep a person rooted or crippled? I seem to be rooted or crippled a majority of the time.
Pickup the teleport utility skill!

zon

Almost done with Queensdale, the swamp was harsh on my lvl 11 engineer.

http://www.abload.de/img/gw22012-09-2515-13-195isvt.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/gw22012-09-2515-44-21z3s1q.png[/IMG

If the game keeps this variety in locations then omgomgomg.[/QUOTE]

It [I]does[/I].

Sarcasm

So I am just doing hearts and story. Tending to be a bit too low for story and not find hearts fast enough..is the low levels go by really slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom