• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrandes

ibfxavmYCQz4fP.png

hmm. looks like a derpified american girl doll (in some sorta wedding dress).....

Deitus

Just tried WvW.

What a shitty boring zerg fest game of 'who brought the most people' running simulator. If it wasn't for finishing my monthly I wouldn't bother coming back in here. How much do people usually get for their monthly? Is this even worth my time or am I better off in the normal world?

The reward for your monthly is 20 mystic coins.

Edit: As for your complaints about WvW... it can definitely be like that at times. If the enemy comes at you with 100 guys and you have 15, the only thing you can do is run back to your nearest tower/keep and turtle up. However, especially when siege weapons come into play, a small group can actually defeat a much larger group through tactics, unit placement, and safe play.

Kingbrave

This is what it's like for us Charr when we go spend a night at the town. We take in a show or two and hit the fine restaurants...the good thing about the Asura is that they just march them past the table, not keep them in a tank like a poor pitiful lobster...yum...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just tried WvW.

What a shitty boring zerg fest game of 'who brought the most people' running simulator. If it wasn't for finishing my monthly I wouldn't bother coming back in here. How much do people usually get for their monthly? Is this even worth my time or am I better off in the normal world?

It's not always a zerg fest. It can be frustrating when it is, but you can still win points for your team going for less defended keeps, and taking supply points away from the enemy.

Shambles

The reward for your monthly is 20 mystic coins.

Edit: As for your complaints about WvW... it can definitely be like that at times. If the enemy comes at you with 100 guys and you have 15, the only thing you can do is run back to your nearest tower/keep and turtle up. However, especially when siege weapons come into play, a small group can actually defeat a much larger group through tactics, unit placement, and safe play.

Not even to mention that unless you want to start shitting away all your money you play naked which also means that you're getting downed that more often. I can see some people being interested in the meta game in WvW but the combat is absolute garbage.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not even to mention that unless you want to start shitting away all your money you play naked which also means that you're getting downed that more often. I can see some people being interested in the meta game in WvW but the combat is absolute garbage.

I play WvW, and never play naked. I've never had a cash flow problem.

Now that I finally have my account back after a month, my desire to play has faded. It doesn't help that I no longer have the time to play. Good thing there's no monthly subscription. I probably should rejoin the guild and then desperately attempt to catch up to everyone else. :p

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Finally got myslef in the game! Made a asura mesmer and got her to 13 before I wanted a change of pace.. Mesmers are kinda janky feeling. Having to spawn illusions and all that.

So I decided to make a new character. I decided I should make Heropon Riki, cause he fights good.

Charr thief Riki heropon! Fun stuff. Though I ran the sharks maw cavern as a lvl 4 and got a lvl 5 sword as reward.. I guess that's why there was only lvl 80's in that cave... Oh well!

Deitus

I play WvW, and never play naked. I've never had a cash flow problem.

I'll second that. The only time I ever had trouble affording repairs in WvW was during the first beta (I would just about break even between rewards and repairs). Since then, they have seriously buffed the event rewards in WvW.

I generally make a decent chunk of cash every time I do WvW, and that's even before factoring in drops (which admittedly seem to be much worse than in PvE). Certainly there are plenty of ways I could make more money in the same amount of time, but since release I've never gone into WvW and come out with less money.

How is your server ranked in WvW?

Last I checked we were ranked second.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Which permanent world should I chose fellas?

(Excited)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
"Finally got a level 80 engie but I can't find a heal/power/condition damage gear."

There isn't any. There may be some one-off fine/masterwork items from a karma vendor somewhere, unlikely.

Though as much. I'll just mix and match then.

Better transfer to a very good WvW server (HoD works but you're going to have to bounce around to get everything) if you want to get those keeps and garrisons that seemingly never change hands.

I'd say if anyone has any intention of 100%ing the map, do WvW now and transfer as you need. Before server transfers stop being free.

How long is the delay between server change?

This is what it's like for us Charr when we go spend a night at the town. We take in a show or two and hit the fine restaurants...the good thing about the Asura is that they just march them past the table, not keep them in a tank like a poor pitiful lobster...yum...

I dunno, I thought male charr had it fine. But then again their females were supposed to be "no boobs or six boobs!"

Which is equally weird, since krait got boobs.

01DragonFly

>.< I would like to apologize to Hawkian and all the people of team 2(Cortesan,Quicks,Zed Zebes)

I got connection error and could not connect to the internet then my pc froze

sorry for not redoing the AC dungeon with the awesome team 2

Though as much. I'll just mix and match then.

How long is the delay between server change?

1 transfer every 24 hours

thetrin

While Gafguild does their streaming of AC, I decided to stream my misadventures in personal story quests. Hopefully this time, I can actually complete the quest instead of having mobs spawn in the center of the earth.

http://www.twitch.tv/thetrin

Koroviev

How long does it take to level to 80? And are you guys playing past that point, or are people getting burned out like they did with Diablo 3?

Ferny

How long does it take to level to 80? And are you guys playing past that point, or are people getting burned out like they did with Diablo 3?

There are a bunch of people doing guild runs, mob events, all types of stuff. They just did a cool race even with 3-4 different teams running AC Explorable.

Teknoman

Hopefully I start getting some cool looking heavy armor around level 30. 22 and i'm just getting different variations of scale and chain <_>

Diablo 3 is a little different in that you can only run the same bosses over and over for so long. Not to mention the difficulty didnt help. Keep in mind im only getting this from looking at other people's impressions of high difficulty end game stuff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Took me roughly 100hrs to hit level 80 on my first go through. And that was with lots of exploring and horsing around with friends.

Koroviev

Took me roughly 100hrs to hit level 80 on my first go through. And that was with lots of exploring and horsing around with friends.

For me, one of the main draws of this game is that you don't have to "guild up." You can just join random events with other people. That's not to say I don't like playing with friends, but that can be difficult to accommodate with everyone's different schedules.

Also, I've been watching Sword Art Online, lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For me, one of the main draws of this game is that you don't have to "guild up." You can just join random events with other people. That's not to say I don't like playing with friends, but that can be difficult to accommodate with everyone's different schedules.

Also, I've been watching Sword Art Online, lol.

Good. keep watching.

Piecake

>.< I would like to apologize to Hawkian and all the people of team 2(Cortesan,Quicks,Zed Zebes)

I got connection error and could not connect to the internet then my pc froze

sorry for not redoing the AC dungeon with the awesome team 2

No worries! Sucks when that shit happens

nataku

Having the audio engine crash sucks. Anyone else have this happen? Every piece of audio cuts out and you're left with a ringing tone in one speaker. I wish I could fix it without restarting the client, because I just lost my spot in WvW because of it.

OceanBlue

Having the audio engine crash sucks. Anyone else have this happen? Every piece of audio cuts out and you're left with a ringing tone in one speaker. I wish I could fix it without restarting the client, because I just lost my spot in WvW because of it.

This happens to me a lot and I've never actually figured out if there's a specific cause or if it just happens randomly.

OceanBlue

Have you tried turning down the sound quality slider? "Highest Quality" seems to cause this behavior periodically.

I tend to mute the game to listen to my own music, so I guess I have nothing to lose for it. I'll try it out. If I still have the problem, I'll mention it here. :)

KKRT00

^That's cute; Nightmare armor? Maybe I'll make an Asura Ele.

So Signet build isn't that great at level 80. XD

20 Arms, 20 Defense, 30 Tactics

Something Something Signets

HP scaling is crazy on classes. I have 1593 Vitality and only 17.5k hp as a Thief.
You also have 1k more points in stats in comparison to my class, thats just strange ...

Ken

HP scaling is crazy on classes. I have 1593 Vitality and only 17.5k hp as a Thief.
You also have 1k more points in stats in comparison to my class, thats just strange ...

I think Warriors are one of the two classes with the highest base HP? Ironically Guardians have the lowest.

Ferrio

Banned
But has more shorter distance and melee skills. Dunno just seems strange, at least his point distribution is similar, guardians too, but Warrior has 20% more lol

Tons of ways to get in on your enemy and stay on them too. Only logical the most evasive class would have low hp.

Ken

Why would Guardian have the lowest though? I always thought they were supposed to be the closest to a "tank" this game offers?

They kind of make up for it in their abilities.

Guardians have a lot of defensive abilities like Protection, Retaliation, and blocks (Focus #5 and Aegis) to help mitigate damage while Warriors don't have as many options.

Guardians just have more skills oriented towards survival. As a warrior, I have about 8~9k burst heal, but I have to blow my Heal spell and all my utilities to do it. My Guardian can heal that much in one Heal spell.

Noaloha

Guardians have the best damage mitigation, thus even with a low health 'number' they will be very tough to hurt (if you are using abilities smartly). Further to that, I do believe that one of the common (or, at least, possible) factors which enemies factor to determine their attention is HP (as a value, not a %), with low-HP targets getting pushed up their enmity list, increasing Guardians' ability to keep enemies' focus on them moreso than if they had a very high health 'number'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom