• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Better transfer to a very good WvW server (HoD works but you're going to have to bounce around to get everything) if you want to get those keeps and garrisons that seemingly never change hands.

I'd say if anyone has any intention of 100%ing the map, do WvW now and transfer as you need. Before server transfers stop being free.

Isn't Stormbluff full? So isn't it possible to transfer, get the 100% then try to transfer back and find out that the server is full?

With some creativity and different dyes, you CAN look good on a lower-than-max level. My lvl67 Guardian with some drops from normal mobs/Shatterer/Tequatl and some story quest-gear:

Wow, that is awesome looking.

How do you like the Guardian so far? I'm lvl 13 and think this might be my main for a while, I switched from the Warrior at 16 as it just wasn't clicking all that much.

I do feel somewhat weak and need to read up on what's good for skill/traits. I honestly know very little about the class mechanics right now.

My Asura is so darn cheeky.

Screenshot973425.png

"Come at me, bros!"

Randy

Wow, that is awesome looking.

How do you like the Guardian so far? I'm lvl 13 and think this might be my main for a while, I switched from the Warrior at 16 as it just wasn't clicking all that much.

I do feel somewhat weak and need to read up on what's good for skill/traits. I honestly know very little about the class mechanics right now.

I'm really enjoing it, so far. I have a 67 Thief too, but their support role is limited to blind mobs all the time. Guardian is more versatile and their dps with Greatsword isn't that bad either.

To bring back up the looks of characters: preview the hell out of every gear piece you got in your bag. If the stats suck, it doesn't mean it can't look good. You've got the power of transmutation in the palm of your hand! Oh, and it wouldn't hurt the thread to post a screen of your character. I personally love to see how others look like.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is the list of officers still updated & correct? Tried to message them all a few times now and never online.
Hmm. What time zone are you in? I'm online, let's say, "a lot," and I don't think I've received anything from you.

If you simply can't catch me, send me an in-game mail explaining who you are and I'll extend the invite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crucible of Eternity explorable. We did the arguably hardest path, but it should be significantly easier now that I know how to do it.
Submarine path is harder through-and-through; Front Door has the harder version of the boss (which you still have to
fight three times
) and required way more trial-and-error, but will be a faster run now that we know the rooms, and because it gives you one more waypoint.

BTW, I've set up a thread for our very own collaborative dungeon guides over on gafguild.com: http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/explorable-mode-dungeon-guides.197/ Will be adding info on the runs I'm familiar with as soon as I get the chance. Feel free to contribute!

edit: hm, come to think of it, did I mess up the order? I have this nagging feeling that I swapped two.

pyrandes

Fuuu that dungeon last night. It was so long and Subject Alpha kicked our ass!

I really enjoyed that path. At some point ill do the sub path to see how hard it is, but front door/teleport are welcome runs for me anytime (now that I understand Alpha's mechanics completely now).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really enjoyed that path. At some point ill do the sub path to see how hard it is, but front door/teleport are welcome runs for me anytime (now that I understand Alpha's mechanics completely now).
I am motivated to do it again by the facts that:
a) The room we got stuck on for the most of the time is really a 5-10 minute event when you know what you're doing
b) That final waypoint changes the feel of the last encounter dramatically
c) I only got 15 tokens despite it being my first time ever doing that path and damnit I want my gauntlets and shiny red electric sword
KuGsj.gif

Ashodin

I am motivated to do it again by the facts that:
a) The room we got stuck on for the most of the time is really a 5-10 minute event when you know what you're doing
b) That final waypoint changes the feel of the last encounter dramatically
c) I only got 15 tokens despite it being my first time ever doing that path and damnit I want my gauntlets and shiny red electric sword
KuGsj.gif

Our group in general was rock solid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
did anet mention when they are implementing the dungeon fix?
Not to my knowledge; Jon Peters said they're doing internal testing nowish, and my instincts tell me we'll get a new hotfix tonight at 3AM est; probably just wishful thinking though.

We were talking in GAF guild chat and a bunch of us think it would be nice if we have a few more co-leaders. In order to at least keep the karma upgrade up at all times.

No insult or disrespect intended to our current leadership, I know life keeps one occupied and is by far more important.

Was just thinking to add one or two more to the co-leader rank, people that the GM know and trust and are also on almost all the time.

And no I'm not volunteering for the job :p

etiolate

Banned
The dungeon token situation sounds a lot more screwed up than their response to it shows. I don't even see why speed clears need to be punished. Mastering a dungeon is part of the game.

inky

I did a recent /age and I can't believe I abandoned this game before I did Diablo 3. That doesn't sound right at all.

ANET needs to fix a lot of stuff.

Ashodin

The dungeon token situation sounds a lot more screwed up than their response to it shows. I don't even see why speed clears need to be punished. Mastering a dungeon is part of the game.

I don't think speed clears themselves need to be punished. Just picking a specific route over the others because it's the easiest should be. It goes against what they put in multiple routes for.

I don't think speed clears themselves need to be punished. Just picking a specific route over the others because it's the easiest should be. It goes against what they put in multiple routes for.

They probably also want players to spread more evenly between the different dungeons. You don't want 95% of the population speed-running the "easy" dungeon while the other 5% can't find a group for any of the others.

Ashodin

They probably also want players to spread more evenly between the different dungeons. You don't want 95% of the population speed-running the "easy" dungeon while the other 5% can't find a group for any of the others.

This is also the case. It's why if I see people with Citadel of Flame gear right now I call them welfare exotics :p

etiolate

Banned
As long as they remove the speed clear punishment.

I still think they should make tokens universal with some small caveat for each dungeon set. As long as you have the DR for rerunning hte same route, you can make tokens universal and it would encourage playing more variety of dungeons since you won't be punished for playing a dungeon that has nothing you may want.

Piecake

Submarine path is harder through-and-through; Front Door has the harder version of the boss (which you still have to
fight three times
) and required way more trial-and-error, but will be a faster run now that we know the rooms, and because it gives you one more waypoint.

BTW, I've set up a thread for our very own collaborative dungeon guides over on gafguild.com: http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/explorable-mode-dungeon-guides.197/ Will be adding info on the runs I'm familiar with as soon as I get the chance. Feel free to contribute!

edit: hm, come to think of it, did I mess up the order? I have this nagging feeling that I swapped two.

Alpha just takes time to get used to. And standing in melee is SOOO much easier.

its a lot easier to pound on the guy and you avoid the earth spike most of the time. The only times i died on him were either me miss-timing the dodge, not having enough stamina, or getting a bit too far out of range and getting hit by the earth spike

At range, you simply have to dodge more crap. In melee, all you have to worry about is the red circle. If you see it, wait one second and dodge. Really simple

Honestly, I think submarine alpha is probably harder as well since I believe submarine one puts out burning at melee range while front door doesnt.

Im definitely glad they are working on that bug, sucks that Hawkian and I didnt get the full reward :(

Ken

^That's cute; Nightmare armor? Maybe I'll make an Asura Ele.

So Signet build isn't that great at level 80. XD

20 Arms, 20 Defense, 30 Tactics

Something Something Signets

Delio

I'm trying to get a good PvE build for my Mesmer. Found a few so far and it's lead me to use a greatsword/sword+gun. Any other builds you guys recommend?

etiolate

Banned
I'm trying to get a good PvE build for my Mesmer. Found a few so far and it's lead me to use a greatsword/sword+gun. Any other builds you guys recommend?

Greatsword + sword/focus with the Focus trait.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#Mzmz0mz0mnMLmmnMLmGG0pVcaMozR

You can exchange ether feast for mirror heal. It's anti-projectile, with decent AOE, lots of direct damage, mobility, and you cna dump your boons on your allis when you build up a bunch. Plus timewarp is great for your party.

Some tips with this, if your reviving an ally and the Mirrored Feedback pops, it will protect you two from range attackers, but if you're still reviving when the Feedback bubbles wears off, you can cast Mirrored Feedback while reviving without stopping the revive. Feedback is instant from near any situation.

Also Feedback or Temp Curtain + a iWarden in combo range destroys even veteran ranged mobs.

edit: Guildhead's trait calculator is way outdated. With the second major trait in Duelist, it should be the Sword trait. You get the Sharper Images triat as a minor master trait now.

01DragonFly

Despite the fact that we are currently in daylight time, most people just refer to the time zone as EST all year long. I'm inclined to believe Ashodin was referring to EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), which would make it now 7:55 PM.

Edit: That would make the event 3 hours from now.

lol even the page say they are using that time in important notes

for those that need to know the time here is in EDT
http://www.thetimenow.com/edt/eastern_daylight_time
3 hour left ,current time 8:06

Shambles

Just tried WvW.

What a shitty boring zerg fest game of 'who brought the most people' running simulator. If it wasn't for finishing my monthly I wouldn't bother coming back in here. How much do people usually get for their monthly? Is this even worth my time or am I better off in the normal world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom