• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're supposed to save the skins for the far future, not sell them a week/month later when hoarders still got tons.
Wait a good year.

I do recommend to buy the skins you want to use now though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep, right now is a good time to buy skins that you actually want for yourself. Supply is high and people scrambled to get a bunch the last couple nights of April so demand isn't huge.

I did sell my Shield skin for 22 gold just to get out and not have to keep tabs on the market, but it's true that eventually any skins you are holding on to will be more profitable. Expect panic spikes if/when it is announced that the first batch will not be coming back.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Well, I do at least sort of enjoy WvW, so if I were to join up I'd probably end up switching to your world.

Mah name is HEXAntiStyle.7589
I assume that's the correct thing you're wanting, yes? I'm only level 36 right now (kept making a bunch of alts haha), but I'm totally up for grabbing a million and a half riceballs to speed things along.

I think 15 gold would get you back to level 36, crafting cooking/artificing/jeweler.

they'll be worthless when next time sab opens up the skins are the same, just red.

Was it ever A-Net confirmed if they're coming back?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not for sure, the only comments on it have been from Josh Foreman, and it isn't his call regarding the rewards/skins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't think I liked them, but I have 2 charr now. I really like how Medium and Heavy armors look on them a lot.

oktarb

Just some things that came to mind after a weekend of play:

Setting to have collectables automatically go into the collections section instead of my inventory.
Exclusive Dyes being made account bound.
Mining Pick Account bound or at least a 2 pack.
Equipment that allows you to swap rune sets.
Buying stuff can come from your bank account.
Save trait and skill setups.
Save gear setups. The ability to stow an entire armor and weapon setup and switch to it at will, much like town clothing but multiple sets.
Official controller support.
Auto eat food while you have supplies. Maybe make a box on your character sheet where you place a stack.
Ability to turn off your pets/minions name.
Lower WP costs, they’re ridiculous.
When you collect rewards from a mail autodelete the mail. Add a deleted mail section in case you want to look up old emails.
Ability to see account game in Guild chat. Setting player can choose which to display, account name or character name.
Get rid of party icon if not in party.
Ability to turn off all quest screen overlays like Living Story.

Virzeth

You'll definitely want to get a guild invite first of all, and be set to the "plays" rank (basically just have an officer catch on online).

Then go to the SBI Immigration Fund thread and post to get your name on the list. Note: the first person to apply is basically getting a free gem card for the transfer, courtesy of our own Arken, and it is first-come first-serve. I am right now going to PM the EU members I noticed in this thread over the last week that have not yet applied, because I don't want anyone to miss out. to miss out. You aren't wrong about the server transfer being steep. ;)

In WvW we've settled into Tier 4. It's a lot of fun and we're not matched up against horrible soulless servers, but it's very static in terms of ranking. SBI doesn't have the Oceanic coverage to compete with SoS to any degree overnight, so we've competed for 2nd place with CD every week for the last month. Right now we're actually in 3rd for the week, and I personally wouldn't mind dropping down to 5 for a week or two for a chance at glorious victory. Either way, I like this a lot more than being in Tier 1, for my preferences. No queues but a good population and some talented commanders.

In PvE, all the NA servers are pretty packed with activity. No one has numbers, but my perception is that the big world events are busier every time I go to one.

Hope to see you in-game!

Katoki was nice enough to send me an invite about 20 minutes after my post, and a bit of guild chatting was all it took to help me decide, so when you were writing this I was actually cooperating for the demise of Jormag on SBI. Should have said this earlier, really. My bad.
Taking a quick look at the wiki, turns out that 1800 gems is only the price of a transfer to a highly populated server, which kind of makes sense, so thank you for the info, and thanks to Arken and whoever else will contribute to the Immigration Program, it is a worthy cause.
Help US Yuros invade the US. \o/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Setting to have collectables automatically go into the collections section instead of my inventory.
Exclusive Dyes being made account bound.
Mining Pick Account bound or at least a 2 pack.
Equipment that allows you to swap rune sets.
Buying stuff can come from your bank account.
Save trait and skill setups.
Save gear setups. The ability to stow an entire armor and weapon setup and switch to it at will, much like town clothing but multiple sets.
Official controller support.
Auto eat food while you have supplies. Maybe make a box on your character sheet where you place a stack.
Ability to turn off your pets/minions name.
Lower WP costs, they’re ridiculous.
When you collect rewards from a mail autodelete the mail. Add a deleted mail section in case you want to look up old emails.
Ability to see account game in Guild chat. Setting player can choose which to display, account name or character name.
Get rid of party icon if not in party.
Ability to turn off all quest screen overlays like Living Story.
As I read more and more of this list (which I agree with just about completely), it jumped out at me how many of them are further streamlining of things that ArenaNet already massively updated over traditional MMOs. It's funny how quickly some of this stuff gets taken for granted (not that I'm saying you're doing so- again, every single thing you listed is a good idea).

edit: bolded the stuff I mean
Katoki was nice enough to send me an invite about 20 minutes after my post, and a bit of guild chatting was all it took to help me decide, so when you were writing this I was actually cooperating for the demise of Jormag on SBI. Should have said this earlier, really. My bad.
Taking a quick look at the wiki, turns out that 1800 gems is only the price of a transfer to a highly populated server, which kind of makes sense, so thank you for the info, and thanks to Arken and whoever else will contribute to the Immigration Program, it is a worthy cause.
Help US Yuros invade the US. \o/
:) You aren't Staab, on the gafguild forums, right? Assuming not, please go ahead and post in that thread. Since he basically said he wasn't playing much and didn't want to get in front of anyone, you could still be first. No one else has posted or replied to my PMs yet, so you'd have dibs on Arken's code as soon as he gets it.

Er... wait, did you mean you already sprung for the transfer yourself?

Katoki

Sounds like he already did from what he said about the demise of Claw on SBI. He did mention that was able to do it on his own and just needed more information before making the jump last night. Arken's card should therefore still be up for grabs for another EU player.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oktarb just got a permanent bank access express off a chest.

clearly some hacking shenanigans going on here!!!

The RNG gods have looked upon you favorably this blessed day.
THIS day!?!!

To my knowledge, oktarb has thus far obtained (without trying)

Unlimited Mystery Tonic
Fused Weapon Claim Ticket
Tooth of Frostfang (as a result of Wife-RNG)
Permanent Bank Access

Am I missing anything!? Get a couple Abyss dyes last week or something?

Teach us how to live

Sounds like he already did from what he said about the demise of Claw on SBI. He did mention that was able to do it on his own and just needed more information before making the jump last night. Arken's card should therefore still be up for grabs for another EU player.
Oh okay, awesome. Welp, I've PMed three players that expressed some level of interest, and they're Staab in the thread as well. Granted they are presumably in Europe somewhere and have likely not seen the PMs yet.

oktarb

THIS day!?!!

To my knowledge, oktarb has thus far obtained (without trying)

Unlimited Mystery Tonic
Fused Weapon Claim Ticket
Tooth of Frostfang (as a result of Wife-RNG)
Permanent Bank Access

Am I missing anything!? Get a couple Abyss dyes last week or something?

Teach us how to live

I have gotten two fused weapon claim tickets. I haven't used the second. I'd seriously put it up for lotto if it wasn't account bound. I also got the infinite zerker potion recipe but that's not that great. Cost as much to get the ingredients to make one as it does just to buy one off the market.

Now to work on my legendary :/

oktarb

Conversely, on the myriad of world bosses and dungeon runs I've only seen two exotics. Blue, Green, Yellow heaven.

Permanent Bank Access is awesome but man now my alts feel gimped.

Makes me think of a new term. instead of Pay To Win we Now have Pay To Impress.

nataku

Nope.

I've spent around $60 on gems so far. That's 4800 gems. 1200 gems is nothing.

EDIT: Wait, I've spend $70 on gems. 5600 gems so far.

Retro

No one loves charr here huh :(

I like the Charr, and even have a name reserved just for one, but I have specific looks in mind for my characters and unfortunately other races took priority. If they implement another Heavy armor profession, I will absolutely be rolling it Charr.

they'll be worthless when next time sab opens up the skins are the same, just red.

We never confirmed that, that's literally something I suggested they might do, with absolutely no inside information or reason to back it up other than it would be easy. I hope they do more than just make them red.

Add to this;

- Ability to name your bank tabs (I have them for specific purposes, but it would be nice to actually label them because that's the kind of OCD I have).

- UI for Guild Missions that isn't in the Guild tab (Timer, etc.)

- Weapon Swap for Engineers automatically draws the first Kit you have equipped (7 slot first, if no kit there, it draws 8, and so on).

Uhh 1200 gems is not a lot of money...

Nope, you can pick up 1200 gems if you skip going to Burger King a couple times a month. It's really not that expensive.

I'd like the ability to delete mail with money or items in it after you've reported it. I have a damn RMT mail in my mailbox since like the second month of Live because it has a copper attached and I refuse to collect the copper. I reported the mail so long ago I'm sure the original sender's account is gone and I want my mailbox clean dammit!

Retro

Hmmmm...

Colin Johanson said:
Some fun ideas in here, we’re also actively discussing ways on how we’d best like to alleviate having to make players choose between having better stats, or using magic find. It’s not a choice that’s great for game play and there isn’t really anything that fun about it, even more so when group composition is taken into account. Ideally we’d also like to keep the ability to slowly build your magic find over time, but doing this at the cost of using better stats isn’t the right way to do that.

No ETA on any changes here, just want to point out we agree there is an issue here that goes against what we want Gw2 to be, and is something we want to address. (source)
Colin Johanson said:
For a high level summary of the stuff we’re working on and where we’re headed (some of this is now complete, a lot still in progress) you can check out this blog post talking about our high level direction:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

For the more immediate details, we’ll be releasing more info about our first May update here shortly. And absolutely yes, we’ll be doing some more high level blog posts about the direction of the game as well to make sure you all have a clear picture of where Gw2 is heading and can give additional feedback/comments =) (source)

Sounds like they want to make Magic Find gear go away.

That's a tasty tidbit. I'm interested in what Gafguild can come up with as alternate systems of MF.

Off the top of my head I could see a way to add more activity AND accrue MF by having a GW2 version of "attunement." You could tack on a quest chain that would take you from say Fort Trinity, through Orr having to do secondary task while flipping the zones culminating in buying a one time use item from each Temple Vendor that gives your character X amount of MF. It will encourage people to run the events and flip the temples more often helping out those that want to run the events for farming purposes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
- UI for Guild Missions that isn't in the Guild tab (Timer, etc.)
Yeah, the changes in this patch are a nice first step, it definitely feels less shoehorned, but it needs its own enhancements, plus some sort of sticky priority. When you're doing a Guild Mission, there shouldn't be ANY clicking to see the parameters of the mission once it starts. Pressing the G key is the most you should have to do to see your Bounty targets/Rush location/Trek spots. And even that could be eliminated with a subtle overlay.
- Weapon Swap for Engineers automatically draws the first Kit you have equipped (7 slot first, if no kit there, it draws 8, and so on).
Nice. Hey, I'm just happy clicking it switches off of the kit. I hate when a class renders one of my controller mappings useless (looking at you Elementalist).

Good stuff on MF, too. I hope that's not a high priority personally, I really couldn't care less. If someone is pulling their weight in a party, I couldn't care less what gear they're using, and if they're not pulling their weight... I couldn't care less what gear they're using. Skill wins. Still, it'd be nice to somehow eliminate the "selfish factor."

nataku

Yeah, the changes in this patch are a nice first step, it definitely feels less shoehorned, but it needs its own enhancements, plus some sort of sticky priority. When you're doing a Guild Mission, there shouldn't be ANY clicking to see the parameters of the mission once it starts. Pressing the G key is the most you should have to do to see your Bounty targets/Rush location/Trek spots. And even that could be eliminated with a subtle overlay.

Yeah. A tracker at the side would be best, but in the meantime they could make it so opening the guild panel defaults the view to the mission tab when one is active.

oktarb

One thing I didn't like in Diablo 3 was the system where you had to go kill 5 or so Elites in order to max out your MF. Of course this is indicative of a grinding based system. It made be feel like every time I got on I wasn't getting my optimal unless I hunt down 5 Elites first. that got old quick.

The idea behind MF is to get a better % so you can go do things and have a better chance at some candy. Simple. So why not take that a step farther and create a Utility Slot on your character sheets. Its like a skill but it doesn't go on your ability bar. Its a passive skill you cans wap in between fights with maybe a cool down to prevent the urge to switch it too often and get a further case of A.D.D.

Abilities:
MF % + (To whatever)
Run Speed to 25% (maybe replace some of those traits)
Represent! gain additional Guild Influence while Representing
Karmic Master (A plus to Karma gained)
Black Lion Patriot (Increase Key Finding %)

Complistic

We never confirmed that, that's literally something I suggested they might do, with absolutely no inside information or reason to back it up other than it would be easy. I hope they do more than just make them red.

Yes, I know, it just seems incredibly likely thats what they'll do. And they're adding new skins so they are doing more than just that in a way. I was more making the point that buying them to hold onto them for a while isn't really a sure way to make lots of money.

nataku

One thing I didn't like in Diablo 3 was the system where you had to go kill 5 or so Elites in order to max out your MF. Of course this is indicative of a grinding based system. It made be feel like every time I got on I wasn't getting my optimal unless I hunt down 5 Elites first. that got old quick.

The idea behind MF is to get a better % so you can go do things and have a better chance at some candy. Simple. So why not take that a step farther and create a Utility Slot on your character sheets. Its like a skill but it doesn't go on your ability bar. Its a passive skill you cans wap in between fights with maybe a cool down to prevent the urge to switch it too often and get a further case of A.D.D.

Abilities:
MF % + (To whatever)
Run Speed to 25% (maybe replace some of those traits)
Represent! gain additional Guild Influence while Representing
Karmic Master (A plus to Karma gained)
Black Lion Patriot (Increase Key Finding %)

I like this idea. Another one that should be on there:

Agony resist.

It should have never been tied to infusions or gear at all. It should have always been a stat that built up over time as you progress in fractals.

Retro

Hell, they could have called it the "Ascension Slot" too... not to mention that it's expandable to multiple slots as time goes on.

Remove agony and you're just simplifying the encounters and trivializing the "levels." Agony is fine imo (and I say that as a player who doesn't plan on ever getting Agony resist).

nataku

Remove agony and you're just simplifying the encounters and trivializing the "levels." Agony is fine imo (and I say that as a player who doesn't plan on ever getting Agony resist).

I never said remove it. It's just a stat that should be moved to the character sheet and not tied to gear in any way.

EDIT: Didn't see theMrCravens post. Ignore this. :p

Wallach

I like this idea. Another one that should be on there:

Agony resist.

It should have never been tied to infusions or gear at all. It should have always been a stat that built up over time as you progress in fractals.

If you always have exactly as much AR as you could expect to have as you go deeper, is there a point to scaling the Agony further as you progress? Having Fractals use a unique mechanic to punish players for not avoiding certain mechanics is neat, but I don't understand the draw of additionally using it to push your player base apart from each other in terms of participation. Players are already locked to their "personal progression" in terms of imposing on them progression gates to their rewards so I feel like Agony scaling and AR is only serving to draw down on the number of overall players participating at any given time. The only other dynamic to it is that high AR players get to participate in lower level Fractals while ignoring the Agony mechanic altogether, which is a strange perk to award players in a game that otherwise tries to keep content relevance high even as you move further beyond it.

Jira

Yeah they could just make a new slot on the character sheet for MF and give you a way to continually add to a single item in the slot that only holds MF. You could have it continually add to the overall MF as the player so chooses but never exceed the current MF cap. That way the player who wants to work for and get the benefit of MF can do so without hindering anyone else.

Complistic

Yeah they could just make a new slot on the character sheet for MF and give you a way to continually add to a single item in the slot that only holds MF. You could have it continually add to the overall MF as the player so chooses but never exceed the current MF cap. That way the player who wants to work for and get the benefit of MF can do so without hindering anyone else.

I can't see them taking it out now that it's in.

Anno

Any chance ANet would make an Everquest-like alternate advancement system? It would give us something to use all these skill points on, and support their idea of horizontal progression. Minor things like magic find, +gold/karma, maybe using a interface similar to the WvW advancement.

Ashodin

There'll be a different way of getting it, I imagine. Taking it out would be a different process, yet they'd have to replace it somehow with its own thing.

I like Jira with the extra "MF" slot. They could put in a kind of "scavenger" hunt or long-winded process to continually upgrade your MF, making a separate path of upgrade to the game for a sort of progression. The problem is that they have to balance the loot drops around MF being a continuous "always on" thing. The way they have it right now, they know at any one time, people are running MF at the cost of being weak, and they reward you for playing dangerously like that. Playing with others like that is detrimental to the group, which needs to be fixed in some way. Perhaps allowing you to "bundle" your hard earned MF into a "Charm" that you can place into your MF slot or something. Man this is tough to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom