• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

My take on it is that currently right now their focus is to build up the world to keep having changing scenes, bolster reasons to do every side of the game (with recent SPVP updates, and the success of the twitch tournaments recently), before they make any sort of expansion.

There's a lot to fix and upgrade before thinking about adding whole new systems into the mix (such as new weapons, etc)

I still think one of the things they should add is "weapon styles". You should have to go learn them from a master of a style, and then you can swap out your entire bar for another bar that do different things with the weapon.

For example, the Guardian Greatsword is way more focused on AOE attacks than any other weapon in the Guardian arsenal. Let's say the "style" of this is "Tornado".

If you could learn a new style called "Singular" or something equally single-targety, it would change the bar to give you more benefits of attacking a single target, losing the AOE in the process (with the melee "I hit everything in front of me anyway" thing still intact).

Similarly, for Rangers they could swap out a bow style that changes the way they hold the weapon and now they can shoot better and faster horizontally, but shortens their range.

Consider that every weapon currently has a distinct "way" they're being held by each race. They would only have to design the changes to the way weapons were being held, then the skills. Surely a lot of work, but definitely something cool for expac.

My whole point is that it would feel awesome to be able to switch out your skills (not one at a time, I don't think that would work seamlessly with weapons as it does utilities) and teach an old weapon new tricks. Switching "weapon stances" could be a new button you press akin to weapon swap.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see a system similar to the zaishen quests get put into the game as they start expanding the amount of zones in the game. Maybe not daily, but a weekly system could work out.

Between Living Story and event additions/updates, it should work out pretty well. The zaishen system is sort of, in a way, already emulated by the daily rare boss chests.

Consider that every weapon currently has a distinct "way" they're being held by each race. They would only have to design the changes to the way weapons were being held, then the skills. Surely a lot of work, but definitely something cool for expac.

My whole point is that it would feel awesome to be able to switch out your skills (not one at a time, I don't think that would work seamlessly with weapons as it does utilities) and teach an old weapon new tricks. Switching "weapon stances" could be a new button you press akin to weapon swap.

This reminds me of the Modular equipment stat ideas I had. Being able to reconfigure the entire loadout of stats outside combat on your equipment would be amazing and really give people something to work towards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They'll definitely do both the LS, bi-weekly updates and expansions. They'll complement each other well, too.
I agree that there's no doubt they will have both, and this conversation is more of the nature of wondering on the timeframe.

All the comments we've heard from the devs (including direct contact) more or less specified that there is not an explicit expansion being actively developed. That's not to say content being worked on now might not be worked into a boxed expansion, nor that they were ruling out the possibility of announcing boxed expansion. I just took it as what it meant at face value; right now, they're not focusing on that at all.

But there's essentially no chance that we won't eventually see one. I mean, even outside of the financial perspective re: NCSoft, an expansion just carries massive marketing opportunities with it and gets the game in front of a new "generation" of characters. I wouldn't even be surprised to hear one announced this year. However I'd really be surprised if we saw one this year or Q1 2014.

Agreed. They need to be careful with expansions, though. With more area on the map that players can be in, you run into sparser populations in general. (more zones+flat concurrency of players=less average players per zone)

Basically, they need to not introduce too many zones or too many zones too quickly or they risk depopulating the older zones.
This is a legitimate concern. Ideally an addition of a new zone would carry two caveats:
  • The new zone is NOT simply better in every way than other zones, making it more worthwhile to populate. That doesn't mean it's "gimped" or intentionally made to have lesser rewards than other zones at its relative difficulty level, just that it doesn't objectively outshine them in terms of what you get out of going there.
    Southsun fit this bill.......... too much. It was actually rapidly deserted. But in perspective, when you consider how adding a new zone usually funnels an MMO's playerbase, it's at least interesting to think about.
  • Concurrent with the release of the new zone, old zones should be reincentivized- either something brand new from living story content, new rewards for something repeatable in the gameworld already (Bonus chest additions; Daily criteria), or new permanent content that randomly requires revisiting older zones (guild missions). ArenaNet has been, in my opinion, fantastic about this so far. The methods of spreading the playerbase throughout the world haven't felt forced or arbitrary and they really have worked. The populations of players of all level ranges in Diessa and Wayfarer during F&F were exquisite. I also know that many in this thread, like me, experienced the wholly-noticeable population shift when Bonus event chests were added. Lion's Arch slowed and then stopped having overflows altogether, while occasional overflows began to occur in Queensdale, Frostgorge, Wayfarer and Sparkfly.

The amount of people playing the game only really matters in the sense that a world that feels "dead" isn't appealing to new players.
Heh, yeah, they have some leeway here for now though. Personally I could stand for some smaller crowds at the popular world events these days :-x

I did Shatterer with just a small handful at like 2:30EDT last night or something (after having already done it with the 100+ people zerg right after reset), and it was actually a pretty enjoyable fight. I like... paid attention and everything.

This talk of expansions makes my head spin a bit considering I've seen like 50% of the world so far. But yeah, I'm perfectly fine for expansions down the road, and I'm eager to see both Cantha and Elona.

I expect:
- 2 new races.
- 1/2 new classes.
- New weapons for the old classes.
- New utility/elite skills for the old classes.
- Level cap increased (sorry guys).
- Between a 33% and a 50% more explorable landmass.
- 4-6 extra dungeons.
- WvW expansions.
- A bunch of new PvP maps.

I want to see Kralkatorrik's crater so bad.

Look how big it is compared to Ebonhawke. It must get nuts as you get closer to it considering how intense the "Babybrand" up in Ascalon can be.

Me too. The Dragonbrand was probably the thing I wanted to see most in GW2, from reading Ghosts of Ascalon. It was somewhat different than I imagined, but cool nonetheless (I could have done with less "magicky" effects and just have the raw alienness of the Brand's plants and creatures). Looking at the map you can see how little of the Brand is explorable yet.

Agreed. They need to be careful with expansions, though. With more area on the map that players can be in, you run into sparser populations in general. (more zones+flat concurrency of players=less average players per zone)

Basically, they need to not introduce too many zones or too many zones too quickly or they risk depopulating the older zones.

That's a very good point; it hit WoW REALLY hard, especially its capital cities, depopulating the old capitals in favor of Shattrath, then Shat in favor of Dalaran, and then (ironically, but a smart move on Blizzard's part) Dalaran in favor of the old (reworked) capitals in Cataclysm. Considering GW2 seems to be slightly less populated, on average, than WoW (most likely due to a larger "base" map, plus WvW and the PvP lobby to house players too), that's an important consideration.

Retro

Okay, I'm back in the "Hope they release an expansion camp"... I realized that an expansion is another opportunity to create a Collector's Edition and given what was in the first one, I'd happily buy another. SwagSwagSwagSwagSwag

Sophia

Your opinion is easily swayed, Retro. =p

That's a very good point; it hit WoW REALLY hard, especially its capital cities, depopulating the old capitals in favor of Shattrath, then Shat in favor of Dalaran, and then (ironically, but a smart move on Blizzard's part) Dalaran in favor of the old (reworked) capitals in Cataclysm. Considering GW2 seems to be slightly less populated, on average, than WoW (most likely due to a larger "base" map, plus WvW and the PvP lobby to house players too), that's an important consideration.

Under no circumstances should they ever add a new capital city. They have six fantastic ones, and some of them are already depopulated depending on the living story.

Ashodin

My big thing I just want to see is more reasons to go to capital cities. Good thing I have it on record that their focus later this year is cities after living story is up and running.

This is why, I think, Anet should probably stagger the expansion of zone content. Maybe actually have small, incremental purchases of the expansion (kinda like DLC, I guess. $5 for access to a given zone+dungeon or w/e). This would decrease the effect of depopulating older zones as players swarm new ones.

It would have to be something outside the gemstore, most likely. Expansion access on the AH would throw gold prices through the roof.

Retro

Your opinion is easily swayed, Retro. =p

I caught a glimpse at my Rytlock statue and he looked lonely. He needs a friend. Let's go with an Asura + Golem. A Sylvari would also be badass as long as it's not Treeherder.

My big thing I just want to see is more reasons to go to capital cities. Good thing I have it on record that their focus later this year is cities after living story is up and running.

I'm pretty sure anything we get from the devs that isn't an interview is off the record, man. Still, that's good news. I'm hoping they throw some dungeons into them. Divinity's Reach needs a catacombs / collapse dungeon with Dougal Keane, the Black Citadel needs the Nolani Academy opened up. Not sure about the other three, they're either too new, temporary, or floating-over-the-ground-y... though I'm sure they'd find a way to make it work.

This is why, I think, Anet should probably stagger the expansion of zone content. Maybe actually have small, incremental purchases of the expansion (kinda like DLC, I guess. $5 for access to a given zone+dungeon or w/e). This would decrease the effect of depopulating older zones as players swarm new ones.

Expansions separate people into two groups, having multiple DLC options would just compound the issue. The trick is to give players content without dividing them. Something like giving it all away free works, but eliminates the profitability. Having a all-at-once expansion has profitability but divides the player base.

I think the best solution is to have certain things expansion based (a new race / class), certain things behind a temporary paywall (new weapon types, but if you want to wait they become free after a certain period) and all of the content free.

Content is the biggest problem when it comes to population division, everything else is up for grabs.

Lunar15

I want a real reason to go to the different lodges in Hoelbrak. Monthly hunting challenges? Lore time? I dunno, just make me want to go to Bear Lodge.

Also, I feel like the only way you're going to send the player base out to the different cities is to have player housing attached to each racial city. Otherwise, there's no real reason for anyone to leave Lions Arch as their main "banking/crafting/MF" center.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
I want a real reason to go to the different lodges in Hoelbrak. Monthly hunting challenges? Lore time? I dunno, just make me want to go to Bear Lodge.

Also, I feel like the only way you're going to send the player base out to the different cities is to have player housing attached to each racial city. Otherwise, there's no real reason for anyone to leave Lions Arch as their main "banking/crafting/MF" center.

Player housing with some creative bonuses in different hubs would help keep things even across the board.

Expansions separate people into two groups, having multiple DLC options would just compound the issue. The trick is to give players content without dividing them. Something like giving it all away free works, but eliminates the profitability. Having a all-at-once expansion has profitability but divides the player base.
As part of the "cheap incremental expansion" option, I should've added that each area is introduced one by one, not all at once. Even if each new zone is swarmed for the first couple weeks, the activity will settle and average player population will adjust to include the new zone. You could have living story missions leading up to each mini-expansion to get players interested and then have a whole new zone open up once the story gets resolved.

My other idea would be similar to yours where you could purchase a "season pass" where you'd have ALL new content as soon as possible. Those not purchasing the expansion would

I suppose making the content additions free and charging for new weapons/traits/other stuff might work.

Under no circumstances should they ever add a new capital city. They have six fantastic ones, and some of them are already depopulated depending on the living story.

Oh, of course. I was mentioning WoW's worst case, but that doesn't even make sense in GW2 since fast travel and Lion's Arch portals exist. GW2's depopulation would come from the leveling zones.

Also, they SHOULD add capitals in one case: when adding new races. I'll not have hobo races a la gnomes/trolls pre/Cata, thanks. :D

It would have to be something outside the gemstore, most likely. Expansion access on the AH would throw gold prices through the roof.

No no no. Absolutely not. Fragmenting the player base like that is the last thing I want, buyable stuff should remain convenience or aesthetic only. And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one in arms.

Sophia

Oh, of course. I was mentioning WoW's worst case, but that doesn't even make sense in GW2 since fast travel and Lion's Arch portals exist. GW2's depopulation would come from the leveling zones.

Also, they SHOULD add capitals in one case: when adding new races. I'll not have hobo races a la gnomes/trolls pre/Cata, thanks. :D

I'd rather see the current capitals change instead of adding new cities, also fast travel and portals didn't save WoW either in this regard. >_>;

As Weltall said, if they add races, there needs to be a new city for that race. There should be a city for every race and then LA as the primary hub. Outside of race additions, I agree.

If they add new races they need to have their own capital cities. Doesn't matter if they're used well or not by the player base, they need to exist for parity. Shoehorning a new race into an already existing city is poor design imo.

Just got the Mining Axe and Dance book as my first Gem-store buys (Along with some stuff that turned out to be useless such as Keys/ hair-style kit and frost dye ... mistakes, all of them. Maybe not the hair kit though ... I want my Sylvari to have a different hair style but I'm 100% sure that they will put in more styles at some point so i'm just gonna wait. My War-Norn could use it though seeing as she's painfully boring to look at right now).

Not sure who I should give the pick to though. I have one 80 and 3 baby levelers. :/

jersoc

My take on it is that currently right now their focus is to build up the world to keep having changing scenes, bolster reasons to do every side of the game (with recent SPVP updates, and the success of the twitch tournaments recently), before they make any sort of expansion.

There's a lot to fix and upgrade before thinking about adding whole new systems into the mix (such as new weapons, etc)

I still think one of the things they should add is "weapon styles". You should have to go learn them from a master of a style, and then you can swap out your entire bar for another bar that do different things with the weapon.

For example, the Guardian Greatsword is way more focused on AOE attacks than any other weapon in the Guardian arsenal. Let's say the "style" of this is "Tornado".

If you could learn a new style called "Singular" or something equally single-targety, it would change the bar to give you more benefits of attacking a single target, losing the AOE in the process (with the melee "I hit everything in front of me anyway" thing still intact).

Similarly, for Rangers they could swap out a bow style that changes the way they hold the weapon and now they can shoot better and faster horizontally, but shortens their range.

this is what i've been saying for months. they need to add more stuff to the hotbar to keep gameplay fresh. they really have a great idea where every weapon is truly different, but they didn't quite go far enough. I think having 3 different bars for each weapon will be ace in terms of what to spec and keeping it fun. stick a cooldown of like 15 mins or something if they want. but definitely not in combat. 2 bars focused on pve, and one for more a pvp type play playing to the classes strength.

also for the love of god, drop the shitty passive traits. gah. shit, even the end trait trees could be used to modify the attack bar. then you wouldn't need a cooldown. just pop in a trait manager to save them and have us switch at the npc or with a new book that costs slightly more than going to the trainer itself.

YOURE WELCOME ANET

this is the biggest thing i will be watching for an expansion.

Retro

Mega Post incoming, dealwithit.gif

Hoelbrak needs a Moot where you basically do a pub crawl between the lodges, getting as stinking drunk as possible while fending off drunken brawlers, side-stepping icy patches and participating in all manner of challenges (Drunken keg curling? Drunken mug-throwing? Drunken bear wrestling?) and trying to get from the first to the last lodge as quickly as possible.

LotRO had a Pub Crawl quest in the Shire and by the time you got to the end you couldn't see straight. Very fun, wildly different, and it let you run around the most charming, lore-heavy zone in the game.

Player housing with some creative bonuses in different hubs would help keep things even across the board.

Was talking to a GAFer today about player housing, I have a feeling they will put it in the Mists. I have my own ideas on why they could implement it, but it's long-winded and nobody cares anyways. Housing was something they really wanted to work on post-launch, I wonder why we haven't heard anything about it lately.

As part of the "cheap incremental expansion" option, I should've added that each area is introduced one by one, not all at once. Even if each new zone is swarmed for the first couple weeks, the activity will settle and average player population will adjust to include the new zone. You could have living story missions leading up to each mini-expansion to get players interested and then have a whole new zone open up once the story gets resolved.

My other idea would be similar to yours where you could purchase a "season pass" where you'd have ALL new content as soon as possible. Those not purchasing the expansion would

I still think that any method of expansion which is optional shouldn't take place. Everyone should have access to everywhere at the same time, whether it's all at once or staggered. Now, whether they have all of the weapons (which simply expand a player's options but as long as they aren't required are fine), races or professions at the same time isn't important. That everyone be able to participate in things without additional cost seems like the option that leads to less headaches.

There's actually a whole room full of non-functional Asura Gates, right across the grand Plaza from the current ones. There's an Asura in there who rambles on about not breaking his NDA. Those, I think, are going to lead to other parts of the world rather than new cities or hubs. That way, Lion's Arch remains the de facto Center of the World. I would like to see the city improve a little though; but there's lots of open space for just that sort of thing.

this is what i've been saying for months. they need to add more stuff to the hotbar to keep gameplay fresh. they really have a great idea where every weapon is truly different, but they didn't quite go far enough. I think having 3 different bars for each weapon will be ace in terms of what to spec and keeping it fun. stick a cooldown of like 15 mins or something if they want. but definitely not in combat. 2 bars focused on pve, and one for more a pvp type play playing to the classes strength.

also for the love of god, drop the shitty passive traits. gah. shit, even the end trait trees could be used to modify the attack bar. then you wouldn't need a cooldown. just pop in a trait manager to save them and have us switch at the npc or with a new book that costs slightly more than going to the trainer itself.

YOURE WELCOME ANET

this is the biggest thing i will be watching for an expansion.

Even before launch, I was arguing against passive traits. You guys remember this, right? I'd do away with all of the passive, math-centric traits and focus on things that you can't exactly assign numbers to. Stuff that requires skill rather than chance to pull off, so it cannot be theory-crafted with any certainty. For example, the Warrior "Missile Deflection" trait turns a defensive maneuver into a damage reflect. If the player reflects the right attack (Kill shot, for example) it can be devastating. But it requires skill to spot the enemy about to attack and be fast enough to get your shield up. There's any number of little 'rule breakers' that can be added to change skills.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I disagree with Ash's idea of having multiple bars per weapon. Instead, traits should adjust the skills you have to behave differently. Of course, taken to the extreme, this could mean changing how skills work entirely, or even turning them into completely different skills. But I think the core skills should always remain. I'm to the point where I know without looking exactly what all of my skills do on every single weapon I can use on my Warrior. I put on a Hammer and I know 2 weakens, 3 is a cone of cripple, 4 is an aoe knockback and 5 is a single target knockdown. Changing that up too much defeats the purpose of weapon-based skills; memorizing your abilities so you don't have to read tooltips or even think. I'm to the point where on the majority of my weapons, I just do.

Guys, I've played the game on the release and got to lvl 64 but got sidetracked and all that. Now I'm back (sadly on Gandarra) and I see about these extra missions that Anet has been feeding us.
Those that have already passed... can they be experienced or are they forever gone? And how much lore/story have I missed than?

Complistic

Guys, I've played the game on the release and got to lvl 64 but got sidetracked and all that. Now I'm back (sadly on Gandarra) and I see about these extra missions that Anet has been feeding us.
Those that have already passed... can they be experienced or are they forever gone? And how much lore/story have I missed than?

I don't think they can be played again. Not to worry though, I think tomorrow there's gonna be a bunch more new fun stuff.

Retro

Unfortunately, you just missed the Flame and Frost storyline, which ended yesterday. However, they'll almost certainly review those events at the town criers if the storyline becomes relevant again. That's the downside of having a living online world; if you take long breaks, you miss stuff.

However, the developers have alluded pretty strongly that the best part of the storyline, the Molten Facility dungeon, will probably return as a Fractal. So chances are good you'll be able to experience that sometime in the future.

Also, if you can't afford a transfer off Gandarra, we've got an immigration fund set up to get EU players over to Stormbluff Isle.

Unfortunately, you just missed the Flame and Frost storyline, which ended yesterday. However, they'll almost certainly review those events at the town criers if the storyline becomes relevant again. That's the downside of having a living online world; if you take long breaks, you miss stuff.

However, the developers have alluded pretty strongly that the best part of the storyline, the Molten Facility dungeon, will probably return as a Fractal. So chances are good you'll be able to experience that sometime in the future.

Also, if you can't afford a transfer off Gandarra, we've got an immigration fund set up to get EU players over to Stormbluff Isle.

Are you kidding me? Beam me up Scotty! Where do I sign?

Jira

Bit more info about Southsun:

Hey folks,

The Southsun Shore stuff will not be like the previous Flame and Frost stuff in regards to how time-spanning it was. We’re a separate team than that one, and we have been working on this content while you all were playing F&F content.
Our story will last a month and then be over with, and as a result is more condensed. We’ve been listening to the feedback on F&F, and tried our hardest to adjust where possible. So our temporary content will last just the month, but we are making some permanent changes to the island that will persist after the living story bit is over.

[This was Robert Hrouda, note the bold]
Nah, it’s cool. No disrespect for stating your opinion about things. I don’t want to spoil things, but I have been working near exclusively on the content that is going to be a more permanent fixture of the island. It is significantly more than NPCs and some spawns. When a precedent has been established, it’s okay to be skeptical/doubtful, and it’s okay to voice those things. I do hope you’ll enjoy the permanent content I’ve been working on, and it changes your opinion

As unlikely as it is... how sick would it be if it was an Open World Dungeon!?

Ok now that the craziest possibility has been thrown out there.. what do we really think it is?

I did register way back but never did use the site much. What can I do in the meantime? What is the best way to get money at lvl 64?

There's none at that level, just continue leveling to 80, don't waste money on gear, buy Karma gear, the real fun begins at 80, when you hit 80 you can do CoF speed runs to make some cash, don't know your class, but I can make 19-20g on my zerker warrior doing CoF path1 for 2 hours, it has to be a good group...

This is what I meant by good group

Jira

On the topic of expansions:

What ANet has said is the GW1 model of campaigns really wore them out. 6 month turnaround from Prophecies to Factions was brutal (crazy turnaround though if you consider they had about 20-30 people at most). They said they always felt rushed with campaigns and would not be using that as the model. They said they want to use the EOTN model where you need the base game to play.

In regards to this latest bit of info, I think this is just NCSoft saying to investors yeah that company that made us a lot of money is going to release something down the line that will make even more money. I don't think it means they're actually WORKING on anything right now, nothing outside of a high level plan of what might go in it and the possibilities for where. I think the Living Story might actually have some bearing on how an expansion even plays out. We shall see.

On the topic of expansions:

What ANet has said is the GW1 model of campaigns really wore them out. 6 month turnaround from Prophecies to Factions was brutal (crazy turnaround though if you consider they had about 20-30 people at most). They said they always felt rushed with campaigns and would not be using that as the model. They said they want to use the EOTN model where you need the base game to play.

In regards to this latest bit of info, I think this is just NCSoft saying to investors yeah that company that made us a lot of money is going to release something down the line that will make even more money. I don't think it means they're actually WORKING on anything right now, nothing outside of a high level plan of what might go in it and the possibilities for where. I think the Living Story might actually have some bearing on how an expansion even plays out. We shall see.

I think the Cash Shop is making them a lot of money, so why work your ass off to make a new expansion when you can just add stuff to the Black Lion Chest see how many gamers will use their CC, I know a person who bought his legendary with real money, few days ago one of my guildies bought 8000gems, people are spending money...

I did register way back but never did use the site much. What can I do in the meantime? What is the best way to get money at lvl 64?

Don't worry about getting money. Just continue to play the game the way you enjoy it most. The transfer fund is set up specifically to take care of that for players like yourself who want to run with Gaf. Just have fun playing the game.

There's none at that level, just continue leveling to 80, don't waste money on gear, buy Karma gear, the real fun begins at 80, when you hit 80 you can do CoF speed runs to make some cash, don't know your class, but I can make 19-20g on my zerker warrior doing CoF path1 for 2 hours, it has to be a good group...

No, no, no, no, no. This advice may be a sound way to make money but money shouldn't be a concern for him at all and he certainly shouldn't just rush through levels as quickly as possible just to trivialize content and gold grind.

Mxrz

Wearing full exotics, and using mostly exotic/rare weapons. Might be time for a second character.

I'd like to roll a norn for a warrior, ele, or maybe engineer someday, but it is hard tor resist the human look.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got my transfer to SBI! Feels good to be back.
Welcome home! Arken apparently (somewhat psychotically) is personally donating ANOTHER card, so looks like Melhisedek will get an instant transfer as well. I believe we've got just about the funding for a third, too. Really amazing stuff here and huge props to Arken for just buying these immigrants their papers!

Yuck!

Only do this if you're working towards a legendary or gear that costs hundreds of gold at the minumum and you need it FAST. And only then, if you feel like you've done enough on the endgame. These type of speed runs can burn you out quick and the players who run these want NO FUN ALLOWED in order to maximize efficiency.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah in the time it takes to get 6 of those done I could have tried a couple more random coordinates in portmatt's lab :p

edit: Feels just straight bizarre that there's a release tomorrow. Is it just me?

Retro

yeah in the time it takes to get 6 of those done I could have tried a couple more random coordinates in portmatt's lab :p

edit: Feels just straight bizarre that there's a release tomorrow. Is it just me?

Nope, it's crazy. Gonna get my sun tan lotion and ever'thin.

Katoki

Yep. I've seen chat in LA basically complain about the updates that keep getting pushed out and how they need to sit there and wait for it to patch. I suppose it's a bad deal for those with capped internet or not-so-great internet though.

Then some guy chimes in mocking him how he agrees and that he doesn't like the fixes, the content updates, and Tyria continuing to change, and so on and so forth.

Jira

Yep. I've seen chat in LA basically complain about the updates that keep getting pushed out and how they need to sit there and wait for it to patch. I suppose it's a bad deal for those with capped internet or not-so-great internet though.

Then some guy chimes in mocking him how he agrees and that he doesn't like the fixes, the content updates, and Tyria continuing to change, and so on and so forth.

Even if you had to wait an hour or two to finish a patch download, it's preferable to 8+ hours of guaranteed downtime like other MMOs. Sadly, people with low bandwidth caps have to make choices of what they do every month so it becomes a balancing act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom