• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Commander Kvothe (Dhomei Ventus, Nomine Ventus) aka my brother posted something about WvW on GAFGuild forum (http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/sbi-wvw-gaffers.291/#post-6395) and asked me to post it here so more people can see it.

Let him know if you are interested in his idea for forming a small WvW group that creates a build to compliment each other in hopes of coming up with a build that's able to do more as a small group than a huge Zerg.

So, what you're saying is... he's forming an... A-TEAM!

Has A-Net ever mentioned a permanent free trial period, such as a 10 day trial or F2P up to level 15, rather than the occasional trial weekends? I think it would be good for them to do something like that. I'd get a ton of my friends to try it out, but they're always a bit reluctant to drop 60 bucks on my word alone.

BLCKATK

Is there any chance an officer of the guild could get my roommate into the guild? He's waiting for approval on his account but he plays Guild Wars 2 with me so it'd be nice to have him in. His ID is Malzarus.9817.

Katoki

Thankfully I don't have any skins that I'm really after because my luck with those chests are abysmal at best non-existent.

Is there any chance an officer of the guild could get my roommate into the guild? He's waiting for approval on his account but he plays Guild Wars 2 with me so it'd be nice to have him in. His ID is Malzarus.9817.

His ID doesn't go in the invite box well at all... says the address is invalid. Have him message/mail someone that can invite instead. Ashodin Venteal, Retro, Gojira, Katoki, Wallach, and Hawkian are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
passion flower buy price tanked, crafted passiflora jewelry lagged behind.

made 35g B)
Huh, I never got in on any of that. Gratz!
The enemies leash far too easily in Southsun.
Weirdly I don't think I've ever noticed. You packin' reflection?

Mannn I wanna go home and play wat is this work crap

edit: Professor Retro, not just Retro. (or Eresia/Dhalion/Celene).

Some jerk snatched Retro from him.

BLCKATK

His ID doesn't go in the invite box well at all... says the address is invalid. Have him message/mail someone that can invite instead. Ashodin Venteal, Retro, Gojira, Katoki, Wallach, and Hawkian are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Just realized I spelled his ID wrong. It's Malzerus.9817. I'll tell him to message on of you guys after work though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sclerite is not a word you hear very often.
Dunno what reflection even is, so probably not. Half the enemies I fight solo leash if I so much as take a step outside where they spawned. It's aggravating.
Reflection just means anything that reflects projectiles. If you tell me your glass I'd gladly offer examples you might have. It helps with a lot of the Southsun mobs (just to kill them faster, not keep them from leashing though :( )

edit:

Supply Crates appear to have not totally awful drop tables for the new stuff:
and the results from opening 50 chests were:-
Sclerite Weapon Claim Ticket
Mini Southsun Kasmeer (picture)
Potion of Karka Slating
Consortium Mobiles Crafting Station (consumable)
2x Light Island Shoulder Skins (picture)
Southsun Mask (picture)
Heavy Island Shoulder Skin
Shark's Tooth Axe (picture)
173x Passion Fruits
59x Passion Flowers
444x Karka Shells
The Mini is a blonde in a bikini. Weird.

Mxrz

Is it me or do these crazed drakes or whatever hit absurdly hard?

I tanked the champion Karka whatever no problem. 500'ish dmg hits. But those drakes were insane. One wiped out 3 of us in the blink of an eye.

* how do you get the mini? Forget the rest. Must have bikini blonde.

Cels

after months and months of necro players insisting that neco downed health was bugged and lower that it should be, and months and months of anet denying that this was the case, players did anet's job for them and thoroughly tested it, proving that yes, necro health is indeed bugged. a fix has been promised, but who knows when that's coming. after 8.5 months of waiting for acknowledgement of the bug, i'm sure waiting a couple months or so for the fix is not a big deal...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Video-Necromancer-s-Lower-Downed-HP/2018027

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it me or do these crazed drakes or whatever hit absurdly hard?

I tanked the champion Karka whatever no problem. 500'ish dmg hits. But those drakes were insane. One wiped out 3 of us in the blink of an eye.
I don't know if these are new mobs or what, but reef drakes are Confusion mongers. You need to watch your stacks VERY closely and learn to not use big attacks when you have it. Condition cleansing and anything that summons something else to fight for you are great.
* how do you get the mini? Forget the rest. Must have bikini blonde.
It's (she's...?) in the supply crates... they are random drops off mobs, plus gem storeriffic

HappyHunting

Neo Member
after months and months of necro players insisting that neco downed health was bugged and lower that it should be, and months and months of anet denying that this was the case, players did anet's job for them and thoroughly tested it, proving that yes, necro health is indeed bugged. a fix has been promised, but who knows when that's coming. after 8.5 months of waiting for acknowledgement of the bug, i'm sure waiting a couple months or so for the fix is not a big deal...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Video-Necromancer-s-Lower-Downed-HP/2018027

I have also been following this. I can only assume they performed internal testing and assumed it was a non-issue. I can't explain why said testing wasn't made aware to the forums as it was an on-going concern/conversation. They are devs and don't necassarily need to share information so that could be it too.

Prezhulio

good lord can't wait for that fix, i had no idea. maybe i won't be such a blight on pve groups.
i get downed way too much in the first place though :(

Jira

fe2e85-28_NextHero_NA.jpg

Atrophis

Never before in the history of MMO's have I seen a preview for the next patch on the DAY the current patch gets released. Its fucking happening guys.

Retro

Since I've never actually played an MMO with housing (exception made of a couple of free ones that I played for a couple of hours), I have to wonder if the concept altogether might not be one of those "awesome in paper, meh in reality" things, and that's why they avoid it. Still, I would love to have my own house, to be able to furnish it (the materials for making furniture are already in the game) and inviting people over.

One thing though, why would they use the Mists? Each city already has a "home" instance that the player can alter with their actions and invite people to, it seems almost designed with housing in mind.

No, it's very cool in reality. Apart from cosmetic value, they provide a place to congregate and share buffs before an event. Vanguard had trophies that provided buffs if you visited the guild hall. The best executed housing systems have gameplay value, such as providing crafting stations, bank/TP access, unique buffs, etc.

As for where they'll put housing, I have no idea. Yes, everyone has a home instance, but one of the biggest complaints with housing is that it isolates players from each other. The best way to handle it is to have players grouped up into neighborhoods together (LotRO did this). I had a cool idea for how it would work, I might post it later... but first... Karkaland.

GW2 Defence Force Activate !

Some peeps be bad talking GW2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557470&page=2

Guild Wars 2 is good enough that we don't need to defend it. We're too busy playing to argue with people who have already made up their minds. It's their loss, right?

Never before in the history of MMO's have I seen a preview for the next patch on the DAY the current patch gets released. Its fucking happening guys.

More and more I think we should have gone with "Guild Wars 2 |OT| The MMO (R)evolution begins"... Oh well, I can promise that definitely won't be the OT3 title.

Mxrz

We had weekly updates in GW for a while, but that was just skill balances and stuff.

So supply crates are just random drops? I've been semi-afk in one of the villages killing this large Karka thing every so often with no luck. People must be doing something right to pick up 50 of them so quickly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Beat even my expectations (which was Friday; I expected this same day hype eventually, but some time to get the wheels moving).

So theoretically we all just experienced the last time we wouldn't have a preview of the next release (Retribution release to whenever the Secret of Southsun teaser went up). Ever.

I'm just attempting to conceptualize all of this despite the fact that I've sort of known about it explicitly for a while and thought a fuckton about it and how it might work, generally with a lot of accuracy in my predictions. I just don't know how they can possibly pull it off, even knowing it has been in development since launch.

And yet, both the release slider
jfI4LWzNm1UHW.png

And the main releases page:
jb2aiPSBKvqjSR.png

I mean, it's done. This is just how the game is going to be now.

o_O

We had weekly updates in GW for a while, but that was just skill balances and stuff.

So supply crates are just random drops? I've been semi-afk in one of the villages killing this large Karka thing every so often with no luck. People must be doing something right to pick up 50 of them so quickly.

Yep, that something is called buying them in the gem store. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Personally I didn't have any trouble finding stuff to do long-term outside of the story content additions. I'm still only at like 79% world completion and only have 2 80s. And I have over 1500 hours.

I imagine to the majority of the playerbase (read: people who will never, ever post on a forum about it) all of this might be a little overwhelming.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That... does look like him. Might be just allying with us though. Huh. Doesn't really look like
Canach
, so..

Lunar15

Lol our villain is going to be Traherne! Lols should be awesome.

I'm thinking it's Canach.

Also, I've been wondering, what is the Consortium an actual consortium of? A consortium is an alliance of multiple groups.

Also, I doubt Anet would show the villain they tease in the very same box. Running with the trend of most of these banners, that's probably a new character that will help us fight the actual villian.

Jira

Good christ the Crab Toss minigame is BEYOND awful. It's a laggy clusterfuck.

Seems hit or miss. I've seen people say it's laggy yet I never experienced any lag when playing.

It's interesting to see NPCs making in-game references to the upcoming Dragon Bash. I don't think I've seen an NPC in an MMO reference something that hasn't happened yet like an event coming soon in the future.

Katoki

Flower back piece isn't that bad considering I haven't gone and upgraded my fractal capacitor to have it's baked in AR yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"In regards to your recent post on a Guild Wars 2 expansion, there is a slight misunderstanding when interpreting the answer from the NCsoft earnings call. We are considering an expansion, but we are taking a wait-and-see stance. We are evaluating the performance of the game and deciding on when would be the best time to launch an expansion. But right now, our living story approach is very successful in keeping players engaged with new and exciting content. Launching boxed expansions are a great way to package content, but if we can do this on a more regular basis, something we've been doing since launch, it provides players with new content to explore and experience every time they log into the game."
Heyyyy exactly as we thought.

Good christ the Crab Toss minigame is BEYOND awful. It's a laggy clusterfuck.

I had zero lag for my first 4-5 games, then got a laggy one. Not sure what it depends on. I'm also EU playing in an US server.
This is not to be confused with the 3 ability, which leaves you paralized for a couple of seconds after use, to balance it being basically a get out of jail card.
Pretty fun game, also an amazing way to make money for low level characters, as chests have at least one level 80 green independent of character level, plus 1-5 karka shells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom