• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

GAF guild is as chill as it gets whenever we aren't yelling and calling each other horrible things. Don't worry about it, I'm sure people would love to have you along for any of our events.

"chill as it gets" is putting it lightly. You guys are actually tolerating my weird and nonsensical hyperactive rambling. It's quite impressive. >_>;

Mxrz

Oops, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

It mostly feels cheesy for me, so I'd rather feel like i'm putting something back in rather just showing up and going 'commendations pls' - Especially since I got a friend invited tonight too.

Wallach

Oops, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

It mostly feels cheesy for me, so I'd rather feel like i'm putting something back in rather just showing up and going 'commendations pls' - Especially since I got a friend invited tonight too.

Really what helps is exactly that, though - having people show up for events. You're more than welcome to drop some gold on influence or donate stuff to the guild bank maybe, but the biggest thing is helping stuff like that be successful and enjoyable. The more of those you can show up to the better for everyone.

Really what helps is exactly that, though - having people show up for events. You're more than welcome to drop some gold on influence or donate stuff to the guild bank maybe, but the biggest thing is helping stuff like that be successful and enjoyable. The more of those you can show up to the better for everyone.
Totally. The more guild mates you've got around in GW2 to help out, the better. Doesn't matter if you aren't plugging 2 bajillion influence or whatever, come have fun with us because that's the whole point.

edit: Obviously, buying influence or participating in the guild lottery is appreciated.

Well I recorded the Guild Puzzle event for those that missed it yet want to still experience the guild's first time successfully completing a puzzle.

05-11-2013 Guild Wars 2: [GAF] "Proxemics Lab" Guild Puzzle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPi_lxYpXRU
Felt good to lead a guild charge down parts of that puzzle. Would play again!

Painstakingly preparing for the guild activities:
Guild%20Dance.gif

I got Ash-level luck in that COE run I did after the guild events.

2 charged cores, exotic Niika's gloves (worth 5gold) and a rare rifle from last fight with alpha.

Atrophis

Internet has been down for two days :( ISP keeps pushing back the engineer visit so who knows when I can play again. Urgh just when I start playing daily again this happens.

Retro

I hate jumping puzzles. Dunno if its being a Charr, or just being bad at them, or likely both.

I mostly rep my small guild with my friends when they're around. So how can I contribute to gafguild and not feel like a leecher during the Saturday night stuff? Is buying influence generally enough?

You don't have to contribute anything. In fact, now that we've unlocked all of the Guild Missions, we don't really have a need for vast quantities of influence or merits. The Guild Leaders and Officers have been discussing adjusting the schedule so it's not an 'all or nothing' setup; Saturday nights are usually good for the majority of GAFers, but we'd like to space out the makeup events a little more so people who can't usually make it have an opportunity to try them.

Just keep playing while you represent (earns us influence), throw some money at the Guild Lottery (you have a chance to win and the proceeds go to the influence / immigration fund as needed), have fun. That's it.

In fact, we've had a few people leave the guild because we weren't motivated enough for their tastes. We still keep up, I think there's only two guilds on Stormbluff Isle that have Guild Puzzles unlocked (DH being the other). Pretty sure we unlocked them on the same day too.

That reminds me, I forgot to post the screenshot from yesterday's successful run of the Langmar Estate and the MF Race winners;
jump1yas07.png

Left to right: Wahanly, Mazre, Dhalion, Drangue Luftar, Berayna

FYI: I usually take about 6 photos per event just to try and get a nice selection, then I pick through them to try and get the majority of people facing the camera, not performing an idle animation, etc. I think this was the first one where I actually considered trying to photoshop some faces from one into another. There just wasn't a single shot that didn't have a couple people looking away.

"chill as it gets" is putting it lightly. You guys are actually tolerating my weird and nonsensical hyperactive rambling. It's quite impressive. >_>;

That's only because it's a nice change of pace from the usual hour-long pun sprees I'm usually responsible for...

Painstakingly preparing for the guild activities:

GIFCam, while still pretty rough, is such a cool, fun tool to use when playing GW2 (or any game, really) that I feel like soon, we'll be taking GIFs instead of screenshots for things. As long as the video capture software is terrible for performance or overpriced, I think we'll see a fair amount of people just snagging quick GIFs on the fly at events and such. For example, I know I would have prefered to capture the Mad King's eruption from the Lion's Arch statue as a GIF than a bunch of screenshots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hate jumping puzzles. Dunno if its being a Charr, or just being bad at them, or likely both.

I mostly rep my small guild with my friends when they're around. So how can I contribute to gafguild and not feel like a leecher during the Saturday night stuff? Is buying influence generally enough?
Don't worry about that. Feel free to tag along and sure buying inf or donating is always appreciated.

Actually, the best thing you can do is show up for scheduled missions even if you don't need comms. It's a huge help to those who may have missed them throughout the week. Schedule changes for missions upcoming!
Internet has been down for two days :( ISP keeps pushing back the engineer visit so who knows when I can play again. Urgh just when I start playing daily again this happens.
When you get back in, your mail should have quite a treat in it!

Sounds like the puzzle was such a blast on mumble. Really sad I wasn't able to be in there with you guys.

When are we gonna do our next T3 bounty? :D

Retro

Hopefully the PVE culling fix is soon, the fact that it was sort of accidentally on the list of things for Tuesday's update makes me think they're close.

Retro

Was hoping for a little resolution for Braham or Rox, but so far I haven't spotted them. The buff is nice, but it doesn't feel like a celebration. Maybe Tuesday's stuff in Southsun is meant to be the epilogue.

Ashodin

Go around and speak to all the refugees in every camp, basically, tag every refugee you see to see their take on the Molten Alliance on the run.

Yeah there's lots of missing people. I was to Harsgalts right, where there's no one there in the image, lol
I have an alternate view, think I caught one more person over Retro's picture (person sitting in front of Harsgalt), but still can't find you.

I think this just further solidifies that you just weren't there for the event, and this is all in your head.

And who's no-clipping through the rock ledge, lol.

Nah. Both me and easy were on the ledge at the highest point of it and we don't show on either screenshot in the thread. We were definitely culled. I also remember some randoms reportedly running into the foreground of the shot but I never saw them because they were culled out from my position in the back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been expecting Pish to win since I started seeing their scrimmages posted. Really impressive stuff.

I still haven't sent out attendance dyes! Retro, were you able to screencap the list of people on mumble by any chance?

Had no idea the Molten Facility only lasted until noon... bah.

Did the Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle yesterday and the chest was really underwhelming. The falling bit didn't always work either so I ended up dying and having to make my way back up.

Lunar15

I managed to snap a quick pic, but I had my UI turned on. Managed to get the other half of the people that were missing, but some of the people on the right side were culled. Oh well, proof that everyone was there, I guess.

Also, Retro ruined it. Blame him.

I managed to snap a quick pic, but I had my UI turned on. Managed to get the other half of the people that were missing, but some of the people on the right side were culled. Oh well, proof that everyone was there, I guess.

Also, Retro ruined it. Blame him.

Hmm, that lovely gentleman behind Ash is missing in that picture. :eek:

jersoc

I've had good luck with the black lion chests RNG. I got my chainsaw on the 2nd one and something else I don't remember before that fairly quick as well. I didn't try for the weapons because I don't really support the RNG idea tho I understand it.

Also in the start gems were dirt cheap for gold and I could afford the gamble with a combo of real cash and gems.

Hope those new skins are out tuesday. Ready to drop money for a new hammer skin.

Jira

and then I sold them back to back. jira is gonna be so mad

Dear god man KEEP BOTH, ONE FOREVER AND THE OTHER FOR A LOOONNNNNNNG TIME then sell. Did you not play GW1? The value of rare or exclusive items increases a FUCK TON over time. You fail sir. The greatsaw from Halloween is worth over 200g now. Got damn.

Lulubop

That's what was gonna say. Why in the world would you sell something like that right away. Its value is only going to increase exponentially.

So how are folks coping with recent the difficulty bump in Orr? I spent all weekend trying to open Grenth on my newly 80 thief, eventually joining forces with everyone else in the EU who reads the dynamic events thread all guested into Far Shiverpeaks on the forums and we still didn't manage it.

In the end somehow the folks on Elona's Reach managed and I was able to get to the vendor to get my back-piece for WvWvW (I like to stack a bit of Vit/Toughness for WvWvW on top of the usual stats because there is way too much random AoE damage flying about for a true glass canon to work well).

I enjoy a challenge but this may be fractionally *too* challenging :)

Edit - this is my fifth 80 and it's reached the stage now where I have my exotics/karma for exotics ready when I hit 80. I like this.

Katoki

I can safely say that the Penitent camp and Shelter Gate event scaling is overkill sometimes. Just earlier we had a 3 champion spawn at Penitent camp event. Other times the Shelter Gate area gets overrun and culling happens along with a mess of attack effects everywhere. I do recall this one instance at Jofast's camp where this champion wraith spawned which would just use it's HP leeching skill. We only had about 5 people so we were quickly eliminated and I figure the more people that showed up, the more HP it would leech so I'd say that one was definitely not working right in terms of scaling.

I kind of like how hectic the fights get at these camps though. I can't comment on the other parts of Orr since I never do temples anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Orr event scaling definitely seems tuned a couple notches too high, and it was confirmed. Some of the damage counters are just silly. Hopefully it's just a fix to one table or something.
As Colin mentioned in another thread, we're investigating a bug that's causing scaled up creatures to deal more damage than intended. (Originally they were capped to scale for 10 players, we've been boosting the scale caps on some events to handle many more players, but this is boosting their damage way too much.) I don't have an ETA for that. I'm also looking at Jonez in particular, right now he's using default creature stats, so I'd like to make him a lot tougher. Again, I don't have an ETA yet, sorry!
I wonder what both NCSoft and ArenaNet are really talking about. The publisher saying an expansion pack is being "prepared" seems to contradict the dev statement
Expansions are definitely something that we’ll potentially look at in the future. We don’t have a timetable on it.
But there's no indication of a timeframe or scope in the conference call. I wonder if either even know at this point.

Levyne

Banned
I tend to do fine in CS unless a champ spider shows up...even if you get absolutely everyone to focus on it it dies reallllly slowly....and then the veteran hatchlings (...i am error) overwhelm you.

Eh, still too far off for me to feel anything about expansions. I mean, maybe we've gone from "not coming yet" to "coming sometime"...but that's not exciting. Once the deets leak (or are given), that's when hype mode engages, haha.

hythloday

I am sure Anet has had a team kicking around expansion ideas for a while now. You always have to have some idea of where you want to go in the future, and plan for it. Depending how you think about it, it definitely counts as 'preparing.'

However, the minute they say anything other than 'No real plans at this time, sorry' it becomes gospel and the internet will start in with the 'GUILD WARS 2 EXPANSION IMMINENT!' articles. I am sure they are not going to say a thing about an expansion unless they have a firm idea about what will be in it, and the announcement can have some meat to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom