• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

That wasn't the most fun thing I've done in Guild Wars 2. When I went into melee range of the queen, I suddenly took a crap load of damage. Rolled out and was then ran over by a Vet Karka. Seemed like there were more people than a WvW zerg, so the Queen loaded in reeeeally slow.

Not sure what to think about the Dragonstuff, if its anything like the Southsun rare stuff, then I don't expect to get any of the new skins via RNG luck.

I'm guessing it will be like the SAB stuff. Fully farmable if you want to get lots of skins.

swnny

There will be two types of these Dragon Coffers chests. A 'normal' and a 'rich' one. The rich one will have higher chances of giving the tickets needed for the new weapons skins.
The question is, are these Rich Dragon Coffers sold in the gem-store or can be obtained as looted drop.

About the incoming matchmaking and leaderboard improvements, I got an answer from Evan Lesh, the programmer himself:
Less volatility, better matchmaking, and leaderboard decay are all going into the next patch.
The thread in the official forums.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody else done the Karka Queen yet? Looks like the rewards and the final achievement instance are all working already at least.

Sounds like the Southsun Vendor will be a pretty decent way to get exotic 80 gear, especially for new players just wanting to fill in a slot or two. Though I guess it'll depend on how easily you can come by karka shells after the event is over.

xeris

Anybody else done the Karka Queen yet? Looks like the rewards and the final achievement instance are all working already at least.

Sounds like the Southsun Vendor will be a pretty decent way to get exotic 80 gear, especially for new players just wanting to fill in a slot or two. Though I guess it'll depend on how easily you can come by karka shells after the event is over.

I liked the Karka Queen event. Kinda like the Ancient Karka event but was less cullicious. I forgot which dev said this, but I really can see the whole event being something larger guilds could do for a guild night event.

Not sure about the gear tho. For now it's all level 1 skins and just has the settlers stats. Even as fill I can't see it being that popular unless the skins are just a placeholder.

The vendor only sells the exos when 4 camps are cleared and held by our players. The problem is, at least at this point, the camps come under contention extremely often by waves of enemies.. and one of the camps is held by a Champ Karka and it's eggs. Even with the World Event, I don't see those vendors being available very often for new players if the waves aren't toned down at least.

xeris

The vendor only sells the exos when 4 camps are cleared and held by our players. The problem is, at least at this point, the camps come under contention extremely often by waves of enemies.. and one of the camps is held by a Champ Karka and it's eggs. Even with the World Event, I don't see those vendors being available very often for new players if the waves aren't toned down at least.

The vendor I looked at switched over from whites to exos at 3/4. Slightly more doable. The biggest problem is it seems that you need groups at at least 2 of the sites simultaneously in order to keep em clear and, at least this morning, the zerg tended to concentrate so it was hard to stay ahead of the curve.

The vendor I looked at switched over from whites to exos at 3/4. Slightly more doable. The biggest problem is it seems that you need groups at at least 2 of the sites simultaneously in order to keep em clear and, at least this morning, the zerg tended to concentrate so it was hard to stay ahead of the curve.

There's a bug currently where the Meta Event tracker isn't showing the proper state on some servers. So it was likely that it was bugged.

Ashodin

Anyone care to list the achievements to get the wings? purdy please ;)

Huh? It's not even out yet man.

I did it; I didn't get the achievement for it (seems kinda broken atm). I was on the ground after it died, however. Possibly the reason why.

I liked the Karka Queen event. Kinda like the Ancient Karka event but was less cullicious. I forgot which dev said this, but I really can see the whole event being something larger guilds could do for a guild night event.

Not sure about the gear tho. For now it's all level 1 skins and just has the settlers stats. Even as fill I can't see it being that popular unless the skins are just a placeholder.

I am sure the level 1 gear skins are on purpose; twofold even - it's just for the stats, and settlers wouldn't be outfitted with badass scelerite shit anyway.

This is all just a way to get the new stat array.

hythloday

OMG, that trailer fills me with glee! BASH THE DRAGON!

Regular rawhide bracers should yield the skin you were looking for the other night. I hadn't noticed until I accidentally previewed since that stuff ends up as vendor trash so often.

Thank you!! :D

Mxrz

I'm looking forward to Southsun when its not so loaded down with people. Its actually a really neat area imo. Reminds me of the Istan beach area.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just in time for me to go home and give it a shot, muahahaha.
I'm looking forward to Southsun when its not so loaded down with people. Its actually a really neat area imo. Reminds me of the Istan beach area.
Man, you shoulda seen it a month ago...

Complistic

the new karka queen is staying im almost positive, but some of the other events may go. I'm not really sure.

Karka queen fight is great. Turned an enormous zerg into a graveyard. Now I know why it gives 2 rares.

Huh? It's not even out yet man.
Deeeeeeerp what was I thinking? I confused myself with the Karka Queen and DB news at once haha My bad!
It seems that there's 2 sets of wings. The COOL wings and the shattered wings.

Shattered wings need you to do ... events or something? The COOL wings are a grinder/ RNG god thing :[

Shattered are cooler and are the ones you unlock by getting all the DB achievements just like how the Gauntlets worked for the F and F living story.

Complistic

I really like what they did with southsun, the flame and frost stuff was kinda meh, but they're working in the right direction.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Late start, but truly valiant Guild Missioning. Well done indeed on our Supplies run, and... you know, damn the karka

Leveling is so much faster after doing it with my Thief.

I realized the trick is doing a lot of events in rapid succession as you go through the zone. They give a lot of XP compared to just killing mobs on their own.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah I wasn't gonna do the challenge because it seemed like a lost cause but I decided to swing over and I am glad I did. The event is a lot more fun when you don't just have the sat power zerg steamroling everything.

I bailed on assisting the karka rush though, sorry. Just seemed like a huge headache with ss stuff added today.

Katoki

The events between Penitent and Shelter camps take something along the lines of 20 minutes to pop now. =/

Can't farm that either.

I don't know if anyone does this but if you can find some events that pop quickly in the 25-40 zones I think you will make lots of money because that mid tier crafting is so expensive.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I bailed on assisting the karka rush though, sorry. Just seemed like a huge headache with ss stuff added today.

I can't wait for Southsun to be a desolate hell hole again. I feel like to make up for "content" they just upped spawn rates and threw a ton of enemies at once. Like an older Orr.

Did Karka race 4 times, died at the last camp before the finish line 4 times because random mobs or events spawned on me.

The Guild Challenge yesterday was a blast. Really awesome group effort. Did we end up recruiting any of those mercs?

This is the kind of thing I like to see in MMOs.

Lunar15

The Guild Challenge yesterday was a blast. Really awesome group effort. Did we end up recruiting any of those mercs?

This is the kind of thing I like to see in MMOs.

Agreed, it was a nice way to involve some people who happened to be around. What a fun event. I know it's a hard challenge with few people, but I think it's my favorite challenge all around, due to the amount of coordination and effort everyone has to put in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I wasn't gonna do the challenge because it seemed like a lost cause but I decided to swing over and I am glad I did. The event is a lot more fun when you don't just have the sat power zerg steamroling everything.

Thanks for coming and with 15 barrels left it was decidedly NOT a lost cause! Keeping the stalkers out of range/aggro of the center makes an enormous difference.

A number of the Mercs mentioned that their guild was having trouble coordinating for missions and would love to come to future events, so I'm happy to let them stay on a provisional basis. Was a big help!

The events between Penitent and Shelter camps take something along the lines of 20 minutes to pop now. =/

Can't farm that either.
The changes that made Pent/Shelt unfarmable were in April I believe :p At launch, that was the most popular spot.

I don't know if anyone does this but if you can find some events that pop quickly in the 25-40 zones I think you will make lots of money because that mid tier crafting is so expensive.
Definitely. There's a cave in Bloodtide Coast (Mole's Head) with lots of risen and dredge stuff, totally farmable.

Did any of you also not get the achievement for killing the Karka Queen?

I was sad and confused and then I had to leave!!!

SECONDLY -

Please help me. I cant handle this prices on T6 Dust.

I got so desperate I just used 70 laurels (everything I had) on t6 materials from the vendor!!! of course it mostly gave me venom which is like 10s! I did make some gold.. but i need.. 350 of these t6 dust. and lodestones never drop for me. In 600 hours of gametime Ive had 3-5 lodestones drop for me.

Where is the justice in that? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT???

I'm just frustrated. I'm drinking Monster energy drink to dull the pain. but it hurts in my chest. Like I have internal oaveries of shame and dispair.

Finally going to check this game out. Goes against a few rules I'm sure but a friend no longer plays so he is lending me his account to trial before I buy. Since saving for a house I'm very strict about how I spend my money. Downloading overnight, can't wait to finish work tomorrow and get into it with a few beers for company.

So I haven't gotten the chance to fight the Karka Queen yet. Is this really a world boss that can wipe out zergs? Because that's new. I mean, the big ass Dragon Champs are fun enough, but they've never been hard to beat.

also, because Hawkian told me my character looked fierce yesterday:

wM1mcYR.jpg

Finally going to check this game out. Goes against a few rules I'm sure but a friend no longer plays so he is lending me his account to trial before I buy. Since saving for a house I'm very strict about how I spend my money. Downloading overnight, can't wait to finish work tomorrow and get into it with a few beers for company.

Awesome! I hope you like it! I don't blame you for wanting to try it out first. I actually think this is a game that could really greatly increase it's appeal through a free trial. It's different enough that people are going to be wary, so I think it would be a good idea for ANET to institute one. But, hey, I'm not a bid'nessman, so what do I know?

That's a good way to approach it. Drop an account name and we'll get you hooked up with GAF guild if you want.

Retro

Send a whisper to any of the officers (Ashodin, Hawkian, Gojira, Melisande Storm, Professor Retro, Katoki, Wallach, or Ferny) to get an invite to GAFGuild (you can post your friends' account name, which is "name.####" too). Regardless of what server your friend has you on, you can still guest over to Stormbluff Isle where the majority of the guild plays. That way you're sure to get a group and have a place to ask questions and get immediate responses.

GW2 is also a smart move if you're looking to watch your budget; once you buy the game you never have to spend a dime on it* (but some of the gem shop stuff is pretty cool, so don't be surprised if you end up wanting to). They actually just lowered the price to $50 permanently too, down $10 from launch.

*To clarify, there will probably, eventually be an expansion to buy at some point, but so far they haven't even clarified if they're working on one or not.

Levyne

Banned

SECONDLY -

I got so desperate I just used 70 laurels (everything I had) on t6 materials from the vendor!!! of course it mostly gave me venom which is like 10s! I did make some gold.. but i need.. 350 of these t6 dust. and lodestones never drop for me. In 600 hours of gametime Ive had 3-5 lodestones drop for me.

I'm just frustrated. I'm drinking Monster energy drink to dull the pain. but it hurts in my chest. Like I have internal oaveries of shame and dispair.

There was a bug on getting the achievement that yesterday's patch supposedly fixed.

As for dust...I'm unsure, it's the mat I need right now too. Maybe the try to get the melandru event rolling with some friends a couple of times a day? I believe the early part of that event is still not shit. Too bad the event always seems suspended past that point.

As for lodes, you could always just run the dungeon with the slight chance at them as chest rewards. Get money from the dungeon run and a core or lodestone every so often too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got it instantly on the chest pop-up, but you're not the only one I've heard of having troulbe with it.

Dust is crazy for sure right now. On the topic of lodestones, I honestly would be surprised if I've had 10 total drop for me in 1900 hours. Have you been saving and upconverting cores?
Welcome to GW2! Definitely post an account name to get in. I'd be glad to take an alt around with you and show you the ropes.

If you are interested, it's still $40 for the moment on GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/guild-wars-2-digital-edition-na/

I can't really articulate how hilariously good a deal that is.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I never sell or use mats...upon realizing that farmers are in Southsun right now I decided to sell my mats.

I had 11 t6 dust. That's from playing since launch.

SECONDLY -

yea dust went way up when the fixed the union waypoint farming. I think it'll take some time before dust settles out or there is some change on the anet side.

Proven

So I haven't gotten the chance to fight the Karka Queen yet. Is this really a world boss that can wipe out zergs? Because that's new. I mean, the big ass Dragon Champs are fun enough, but they've never been hard to beat.

The Dragon Champs will never be that fun for me unless they're more designed like Jormag's champ; you have to use the mechanics given to you in order to win in a timely manner. The Karka Queen does this a little, and even puts you on a time limit to encourage it.

Welcome to GW2! Definitely post an account name to get in. I'd be glad to take an alt around with you and show you the ropes.

If you are interested, it's still $40 for the moment on GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/guild-wars-2-digital-edition-na/

I can't really articulate how hilariously good a deal that is.

Appreciated. Only issue is I am in Australia. More often then not time zones don't favour me :p ill message you once installed and I have the info.

I'm really torn over whether to sell off my dust and buy it back when it (hopefully) goes back down OR just keep my stack and use it to make moot. Aughhhh

Mxrz

Agreed, it was a nice way to involve some people who happened to be around. What a fun event. I know it's a hard challenge with few people, but I think it's my favorite challenge all around, due to the amount of coordination and effort everyone has to put in.

I think its my favorite now simply cause I know exactly what to do. I had to bail before the quaggan one Saturday night, so really the supply is all I've done at this point.

I've not bought a game since GW2 yet, so its certainly one way to save money. I haven't made any progress on my backlog of games either, but still.

Katoki

The changes that made Pent/Shelt unfarmable were in April I believe :p At launch, that was the most popular spot.

It was still pretty good when they had the bonfires from the end of the Flame and Frost story. I'd only seriously started farming because of the magic find buff from the flame. Now the rate of events popping is so awful out there.

I guess we really do have to start farming mid-end stuff to sell and then buy our t6.

I'm really torn over whether to sell off my dust and buy it back when it (hopefully) goes back down OR just keep my stack and use it to make moot. Aughhhh

I can't see prices going down unless ANet goes and does something to it. As of right now it's been stated before that there is just a lot of demand for it due to it also being needed to upgrade t5 materials to t6 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom