• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

The way I see it for myself is that I'll get my stack eventually. It's not as if I'm close to finishing my legendary solely due to the pre-cursor so I'm not particularly worried.

Am I the only one who wishes you could see all (or at least more) of the events that are occurring in the zone you're in on the map? I think it'd make leveling a new character from scratch easier, and would help people who are looking for more direction out.

I wish you could. I'm trying to level another one up now and it's taking forever.

nataku

Curious to see what it looks like. Could be future art for a future update, though.

I supposed, but it does say "Unannounced" in the game column. I would think it would just say "Guild Wars 2" under there if it was just an update, even a major one.

Levyne

Banned
Man, so some more new stuff tomorrow, huh. I love the frequency but part of me misses the huge 1 month buildup to a large patch.

yea idk, the last set of patches weren't up to par to the earlier living story ones. Yea it was their first 2 week patch but it just seemed like a very hasty update.

Jira

Dragon Bash has likely been in development for a couple months as it is a holiday event and they've done great work on holiday events thus far. No reason to think this will be any different.

Lunar15

Daniel Dociu has a new piece in the Into The Pixel exhibit: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...d-destiny-lead-2013-into-the-pixel-collection

It's for ArenaNet, but for an unannounced product.

Gee I wonder what that could be.

If they're showing this off at E3, it's not a stretch to assume that they'll be announcing the expansion pack/whatever this is at E3 too.

Also, E3 probably lines up with Dragon Bash, which I feel will probably tie into the announcement in some way.

nataku

If they're showing this off at E3, it's not a stretch to assume that they'll be announcing the expansion pack/whatever this is at E3 too.

Also, E3 probably lines up with Dragon Bash, which I feel will probably tie into the announcement in some way.

ANet and NCSoft don't go to E3. They haven't gone in years, so unless something has changed this year I'd assume they won't be there again.

EDIT: Neither of them are on the exhibitor list, so they're not there this year again.

Jira

ANet doesn't go to E3, they don't like how impersonal it is. They'd rather be able to talk to the community on a smaller stage which they (before launch) went to a good 5-6 shows a year.

Also, ANIMAL HATS ARE IN! GOGOOGGO 200 GEMS EACH!

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/04/gw2-gemstore-fuzzy-animal-hats/

SteveWD40

Deleted my relatively low level Engineer (wasn't in love with the class anyway) and sure enough, I have now put through to transfer to Stormbluff and it cost nada.

Not sure what to roll, thinking Thief or Warrior.

Reknoc

Deleted my relatively low level Engineer (wasn't in love with the class anyway) and sure enough, I have now put through to transfer to Stormbluff and it cost nada.

Not sure what to roll, thinking Thief or Warrior.

Both are pretty fun classes, warriors can take a few hits and can give it back in kind, plus you can shout at things. My Thief is still fairly low level but they seem like a slight breeze will down them if you're not careful, fun skills though.

SteveWD40

Both are pretty fun classes, warriors can take a few hits and can give it back in kind, plus you can shout at things. My Thief is still fairly low level but they seem like a slight breeze will down them if you're not careful, fun skills though.

Yeah, I like the leather armour look, I played a Rogue in WoW for 6 years, but I don't click with any of those classes in GW2 it seems, Thief seems ok but stealth seems too fussy to actually use and steal is random, Engi was too focussed on kits and Ranger seems hated by the PVE community (probably same reason Hunters in WoW were).

I also like the idea of soloing champs and stuff, so I guess Warrior is the better call.

swnny

Daniel Dociu has a new piece in the Into The Pixel exhibit: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...d-destiny-lead-2013-into-the-pixel-collection

It's for ArenaNet, but for an unannounced product.

Gee I wonder what that could be.

From ArenaNet's facebook page:
969745_10151637545869571_1590979411_n.jpg

Some people can say it's from Cantha and more specifically - Kaineng City. But I don't think it's GW2 related...

Vodh

Played for about 2 months after launch, thinking of coming back - how much has changed?

In particular, how are Mesmers doing? Are they still pretty much the worst class when it comes to quality of life travel speed buffs? :D

Jira

Played for about 2 months after launch, thinking of coming back - how much has changed?

In particular, how are Mesmers doing? Are they still pretty much the worst class when it comes to quality of life travel speed buffs? :D

You've quite literally missed god...everything?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release

There's been a release every single month since October, now releases are every two weeks, last of which was on May 28th and today we get the reveal on the next patch (June 11th) which is Dragon Bash (Holiday event).

Vodh

From ArenaNet's facebook page:

Some people can say it's from Cantha and more specifically - Kaineng City. But I don't think it's GW2 related...

It says near that circle on the right, "The Empero Hotel" wonder if that has anything to do with the dragon empire.

This drawing looks like a futureristic city, it would be crazy if cantha has developed phones and flying cars.

That art seems just a bit too modern to take place in Tyria (the world, not the country) as we've seen it so far. But, hey, I wouldn't hate to be wrong.

Lunar15

That's definitely another game. I have no reason to believe they'd have something that cyberpunkish in Guild Wars.

Anet doing cyberpunk? I'm intensely intrigued.

Moobabe

Any of you guys recommend a good site for build suggestions?

I'm a Guardian but don't have any idea what weapon/armour sets to use - nor what utility skills to go for.

swnny

Dragon Bash release highlights were released half an hour ago.
June 11, 2013

Lion’s Arch honors the defiant spirit of its citizenry with the rousing Dragon Bash festival, when revelers laugh in the face of fear! Sponsored by the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch, Dragon Bash is a month-long celebration packed with all-new activities, fireworks, exclusive rewards, and surprises galore! The festival begins on June 11 and ends on July 9.

Show no fear – Dragon Bash is here!

Also, there are some improvements on the PvP side:

Fight to Keep Your Spot on the PvP Leaderboards

We’ve improved the way that the PvP leaderboards reflect excellence! Inactive players will automatically start to slip down the leaderboards over time, allowing new and active players an opportunity to fight their way up to a higher rank. This means that the leaderboards will more accurately represent the best PvP players.
Authorized Shoutcaster Program
In the new Authorized Shoutcaster Program, when highly rated PvP teams are matched-up in rated play, authorized shoutcasters will receive a notification and be allowed to enter that match as a spectator to bring you the action on a slight time delay.

I'm interested in the improved PvP ladder. Inactive players will "bleed out", but will they fix the constant "jumping" and "skyrocketing" positions in just one single match? In the begging of the last SotG, PvP programer Evan Lesh said they are working on these improvements, but I wonder if everything is included with the next week update, or it's just the "bleed out" feature.

Lunar15

Dragon Bash has me hyped. Dragon's Jade weapon skins sound great, and those holographic dragon wings are really cool.

I have no idea what Dragon Ball is, someone who played GW1 care to catch me up?

Reknoc

Dragon Bash has me hyped. Dragon's Jade weapon skins sound great, and those holographic dragon wings are really cool.

I have no idea what Dragon Ball is, someone who played GW1 care to catch me up?

If you gather 7 of them you can make a wish

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aww yeah new wallpaper :3

Edit: That mystic dragon forge.
The wallpaper is gorgeous

Dragon Ball – Begins June 11
The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns! Teams of players test their Dragon Ball skills against one another in this fast-paced game of skill and reflexes. Get ready to dodge!
This is Dragon Ball's gw1 incarnation. I never got the chance to play it actually but it sounds fun.
Moa Racing – Begins June 11
Pick the fastest moa! Farshore Ward in Lion’s Arch is the site of fast and furious Moa Racing, where you can bet on your favorite moa racers!
Okay now there's gambling.
Dragon Piñatas – Begins June 11
In major cities around Tyria, you’ll find dragon piñatas strung up in honor of the festival. Break these open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy!
Ah, at least there's something in the other cities. :p
Dragon Bash Fireworks – June 14-17
Watch the skies above Lion’s Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every night in-game. The fireworks begin at 9AM PDT on Friday, June 14 and will go off every two hours until 12PM PDT Monday, June 17. Stay through the spectacular finale and receive a unique festival helm – The Horns of the Dragon!

The Dragon Effigy Lighting Ceremony – Begins June 18
Join the Captain’s Council and other dignitaries as they light dragon effigies in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch starting June 18. Hosted by the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed, this ceremony will be full of merriment and surprises.
Delayed release concept continues. Today is going to be a big test I imagine, actually.

Whoever sees the Karka Queen event first, please post some impressions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom