• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

ANet never said anything about swimsuits, they were datamined and seen in-game on NPCs so it was assumed we would get them. There's still 7 days left where they can appear at midnight (PST) so don't be sad yet.

docbon

this is true, if you want to do a lot of wvw. i recommend NOT the guardian.

Guardians are super duper important in an organized group for their lines of warding, aoe pulls, reflection walls, and that bubble knockback. When I was in wubwub yesterday, someone dropped a clutch line of warding when the enemy zerg charged us while invisible. Caused a dozen of them to pile up, and completely killed their momentum. Our ranged characters then vaporized them on the spot with AOEs since they were all clustered and on their backs.

Ashodin

Errrybody is a closet maple story addict.

New avatar - Apartment pictures!

1255_10151470474048317_1538675996_n.jpg
485470_10151470474118317_181285348_n.jpg
580697_10151470474213317_2100842851_n.jpg
1257_10151470474353317_1700854289_n.jpg
969791_10151470474448317_1236057047_n.jpg
945846_10151470474633317_657483988_n.jpg

And one of her when we were moving things out. She's such my better half.

0wCCxe8l.jpg

One of me also sitting in the truck when we were moving stuff out.

Lunar15

ANet never said anything about swimsuits, they were datamined and seen in-game on NPCs so it was assumed we would get them. There's still 7 days left where they can appear at midnight (PST) so don't be sad yet.

Oh, ok. I thought I probably misinterpreted what was coming up. MY BAD.

The weapons skins are still a huge head scratcher, though.

Complistic

All the classes are viable and fun but definitely not equally demanding to play. Drawing from my own experience I'd say a rough list from most to least beginner-friendly (in PvE) would go:

Guardian > (Warrior) > Necro > Thief > Ranger > Elementalist > Mesmer > Engineer

I dunno how easy necro is. I think I might make it look easy :p

Thief, ranger, and imo engineer are easier. Having played a substantial amount of each.

Errrybody is a closet maple story addict.

And one of her when we were moving things out. She's such my better half.

One of me also sitting in the truck when we were moving stuff out.

I see no TV's and no Computers in the bedroom. Good move my friend.

I dunno how easy necro is. I think I might make it look easy :p

Thief, ranger, and imo engineer are easier. Having played a substantial amount of each.

I'm wondering if everyone is measuring these classes by the same bar? Thief, Ranger, and Engi are easy to play, yes, but easy to level? I'm not so sure. Thief is actually much harder than a lot of classes because their survivability is very low. Mechanics are easier to master than a lot of classes but dealing with groups of mobs in PvE is much harder since there is very little AE viability on Thief.

Ashodin

I see no TV's and no Computers in the bedroom. Good move my friend.

I'm wondering if everyone is measuring these classes by the same bar? Thief, Ranger, and Engi are easy to play, yes, but easy to level? I'm not so sure. Thief is actually much harder than a lot of classes because their survivability is very low. Mechanics are easier to master than a lot of classes but dealing with groups of mobs in PvE is much harder since there is very little AE viability on Thief.

We want every entertainment item in the living room. The TV will most likely get the least use. Our main source of entertainment is the PCs.

We want every entertainment item in the living room.

Media in the bedroom will screw up your sleep cycle like nobodies business! So your interior design is already WINNING!

GOOD! Get those rating campers the hell outta there!

This looks like some juicy lore. Gonna have to give this some good attention.

Levyne

Banned
Zhaitaffy Candy....

So basically Coffers more or less are like SS Crates. So RNG but not gem requiring, also world wide, and for nearly a month. So...I dunno, "no strong feelings one way or the other"

Jira

Zhaitaffy Candy....

So basically Coffers more or less are like SS Crates. So RNG but not gem requiring, also world wide, and for nearly a month. So...I dunno, "no strong feelings one way or the other"

I think the normal coffers will drop fairly frequently and the rich ones will have a lesser chance to drop like SS crates and a high chance at a ticket, but also you might be able to hoard candy and buy a rich coffer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No information about Rich Dragon Coffers whatsoever; I don't know why anyone feels like any new information was garnered from that post (amusing as it was) over the notes on the release page.

Ashodin

No information about Rich Dragon Coffers whatsoever; I don't know why anyone feels like any new information was garnered from that post (amusing as it was) over the notes on the release page.

Stop being a negative nancy!

Or a correct cindy!

Dat Colin philosophy:

We’ve been playing around so far this year with a lot of different concepts to see what works for a living world game, and see what players liked and didn’t like. Based on all of your feedback, you’ll be seeing a greater degree of permanent content built into future living world releases in 2013. And of course, some things you’ve seen before may return again, in its current form but updated like SAB or holiday festivals, or in a new form entirely….
We’ve got a few more updates coming more along the lines of what we’ve done so far in the vein of holiday festivals, but as the year progresses we’re going to layer more permanent changes and content as well with each living world release. I’ll toss a blog post up in a couple of weeks that outlines high level, where we’re taking our living world style updates specifically in the future for more clear transparency once we’ve got it all ironed out.
As always all of your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated, we’ll continue to adapt and grow this strategy and concept as we go. As we’ve said before, we’re trying something very new and different here, and in some ways we’re learning along with all of you how we make a living world style game work.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
;P

I actually meant that in a potentially positive light. Which is to say, we still don't really know the full scope of how one might seek a Jade Weapon ticket.

hythloday

Ashodin I like your new crib and you and Amanta are cute.

I am going to be a negative nancy and state that I don't care very much for the Jade Greatsword. But that's ok, because I have awesome daggers on my thief!

Ashodin

I just want to say that I'll be playing a little less than usual because of taking care of things in the new place + developing my new game; I put Mr. Wave on the shelf as I came up with a killer puzzle game idea while moving. Working on that is refreshing and new, so I want to put all my energy into it as possible.

Of course I'll try to be on sometimes to head up the Guild makeups and such.

Retro

I don't play Guild Wars 2.

To clarify; someone in the GAF Guild made a character named Evilore because, you know... GAF celebrity. It's completely harmless.
Please don't ban us all.

if we don't get swimsuits, then the school outfits better be legit for the dragon bash

I think those are back-to-school themed, so June might be a tad too early for them to appear. Likewise, I think they'll put the swimsuits a little deeper into summer. Then again, they just dropped all the fuzzy animal hats, and those look like they'd be for winter, so....

Well... now we know what your crapper looks like. Lots of closet space, you'll have plenty of room for when you're skinned and made into a suit.

Also, you're a dick, sitting there in the truck making her haul all the boxes up.

Jira

Hum when did they say when swimsuits would be in the store?

I'm on Uverse now woooooo

250GB data cap eh boooo

I have a 250gb cap with comcast and the only time I've come even remotely close to hitting it in a month is after formatting and that's if I want to reinstall most of my games.

Levyne

Banned
My brother apparently got tickets for us to see the Final Fantasy "Distant Worlds" concert in Atlanta tomorrow. Luckily not the saturday showing so I can still do guild mission saturday fever!

Priorities!

Proven

this is true, if you want to do a lot of wvw. i recommend NOT the guardian.
I disagree with you sir! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zydoKU1_E

Guardians are super duper important in an organized group for their lines of warding, aoe pulls, reflection walls, and that bubble knockback. When I was in wubwub yesterday, someone dropped a clutch line of warding when the enemy zerg charged us while invisible. Caused a dozen of them to pile up, and completely killed their momentum. Our ranged characters then vaporized them on the spot with AOEs since they were all clustered and on their backs.
Or what this guy said.

Hey, this would be a great time to give a reason for the actual dragons to get offended, and then buff both the Shatterer and Sunless fights, right? Right?

Hey everyone I'm new to GAF. Been lurking until I got approved recently and was wondering if I could get a invite to the guild? I'm on the right server and my name is Aceguru in game.

Retro

Hey everyone I'm new to GAF. Been lurking until I got approved recently and was wondering if I could get a invite to the guild? I'm on the right server and my name is Aceguru in game.

Aceguru is returning a "E-mail address is not found" error. What are the four numbers after it, or just give us a character name.

jersoc

I disagree with you sir! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zydoKU1_E

Or what this guy said.

Hey, this would be a great time to give a reason for the actual dragons to get offended, and then buff both the Shatterer and Sunless fights, right? Right?

that videos not in a zerg though. that's the problem. i agree in small scale fights guards are fine, but if you need to range you're fucked. the scepter is only 1200 yards and a dead person can dodge the missiles.

Ashodin

Excellent work with the challenges, even though we didn't finish them, we did a good job developing a new strat that I am sure will be very beneficial later when we attempt it next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom