• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Yep, it's been raining a lot here from Tropical Storm Andrea as well. Luckily, we're on the third floor.

Also, yes we will be trying that new challenge strat next time. Let me illustrate (shittily)

82751MK.png

3YaTHO4.png

We executed the first phase beautifully last night, but then it came to me that Phase 2 would have killed it quickly.

Seems like a slam bang sure fire thing too, as even if people go down, you can slam the thing with rockets while running.

Dragon Bash in 4 days yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'm only looking forward to the Wings. And I know I'm not gonna be able to collect w/e heavy amount of stuff they're gonna want for that :[

Seems like Coffers arent going the gem route soooo I guess I wasted this $10 investment :/
Oh well ... Hair Style kit I guess? :p

Jira

I'm only looking forward to the Wings. And I know I'm not gonna be able to collect w/e heavy amount of stuff they're gonna want for that :[

Seems like Coffers arent going the gem route soooo I guess I wasted this $10 investment :/
Oh well ... Hair Style kit I guess? :p

I wouldn't spend them until the patch comes out. We know normal coffers are drops but there's no confirmation that the rich ones aren't on the gem store.

Lookin' good there Disco Stu, I mean Mornkor.

Ran CM explorable butler path with 2 other gaffers and 2 PUGs. Damn good group, especially since at least two of them have never run that path. Everyone was really quick to rez anyone downed; not a single death the entire run.

Still not sure why Sure-Shot Seamus' shotgun blast isn't considered a projectile.

Retro

We seem to be doing really good in WvW; Isle of Janthir and Anvil Rock tend to roll over pretty quickly even when their numbers are equal or superior. Spend most of the night in the IoJ Borderlands and we had two commanders leading simultaneous groups around the map, allowing us to respond quickly to just about everything. Very smooth, very organized, very effective.

Apparently the SBI Teamspeak server was full, and every BL had a queue.

Also, we're green this time, which is pretty rare for us. If you need to do any WvW completion, this is probably going to be your best chance for a while to get the Green Borderlands done.

EDIT: ALSO, E3 officially begins Monday, and runs through Wednesday. If history is any indication, GAF will be down more often than not right as Dragon Bash is starting to warm up on Tuesday. I would advise everyone who hasn't to go make an account at GAFGuild.com, which is going to serve as our backup for getting news out there, etc. Probably should do this already, and check it often, but since GAF will probably be down, there's no better time to do it. I'm sure the shoutbox will be... entertaining.

Just to make sure, you know there are more options each day than the 5 that show up at first in the upper right?

Sometimes there's a little up or down arrow icon showing you if it's far above or below you (could be underground, underwater). Some of them are just tricky to get to in general though.

That seems basically impossible :/ The beginning tutorial quest isn't a dynamic event at all, it's instanced.

Lion's Arch is the main hub. You can get there at any time either by taking the portal from your home city or from the Mists (hit the PvP menu). You can also go from there to any other race's city and explore those starting areas too (so whatever zone it was you went to doesn't have to be "next" for you unless you want to be there).

Thanks again.

I know there is more then the 5, I just didn't know what some of them were so I started working on the ones I did know whilst traveling to poi's etc. Time flew and it became bed time unfortunately.

I will check it out, thanks.

I wouldn't spend them until the patch comes out. We know normal coffers are drops but there's no confirmation that the rich ones aren't on the gem store.

Yeah, I was looking at it in the gem store and thought " .. Maybe i should wait until Gaf is up to see what others have to say about it". Hopefully we get some answers in this chat they're gonna have about the event with some site tomorrow.

Not that I care too much about weapon skins I haven't even seen yet, mostly just care about those WINGS!

SteveWD40

Playing with a controller is incredible; totally makes the longevity of the game for me. The way it translates to the SAB (which has fewer buttons, obviously) is just magic.

I'm not at all kidding when I say gw2 feels like it was designed for it. I'm working on a controller map image that is simpler to understand than what we have so far but installation is quite simple. Just File -> Download and follow the instructions.

So tonight, I try this, been getting arm ache using my mouse and I have a Logitech F710 ready to go...

Is the version of Xpadder in there the free one?

Edit: oh snap, I use Windows 8 :(

So tonight, I try this, been getting arm ache using my mouse and I have a Logitech F710 ready to go...

Is the version of Xpadder in there the free one?

Edit: oh snap, I use Windows 8 :(

1) That link is outdated, actually (Hawkian, note that it doesn't include your Bindings.png file). It's best to link to the blog entry, which I always update with the latest link:
http://gamingmusings.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/how-to-play-guild-wars-2-with-controller.html
The outdated download link still worked because until right now I didn't know Google Drive had a recycle bin. I just emptied as it had quite a lot of stuff. :D
2) Yep, I included the last free version of XPadder, for obvious reasons.
3) I don't have a clue if this works with Windows 8. It does work with 7 as long as you set it to compatibility with XP, as per the instructions. Be sure to report back whether it works or not! :)

I went full retard and bought for 100 gold worth of rare and exotic greatswords and just threw them in the mystic toilet. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS. What have I done!!!111

I hate myself. ughh. :[

Got wrecked by a world event about 5 times trying to solo it lol. Eventually someone else rocked up and helped out though which was good.

Made my way to Icevine Dale. Just been seeking out skill points and poi's so far. First crafting section I've come across so gonna spend some time figuring that out. Hopefully result in some better armor or something.

After that I think I might spend some time doing some of the story quests for a while.

The Mystic Toilet and related addictions is starting to sound unconfortably similar to gambling :/. How long till we need to put together a help group?

I tore this game a new hole on YT because unlike GW1, GW2 is like reused toilet paper of other mmo features that they tried to claim as original. Anet + NCSoft can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

Retro

I tore this game a new hole on YT because unlike GW1, GW2 is like reused toilet paper of other mmo features that they tried to claim as original. Anet + NCSoft can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

Look everyone, it's Bizarro Retro.

Hello! (That means goodbye in Bizarro world).

What's the Bizarro version of "Account Suicide"? Account immaculate conception?

Nerokis

What a bizarre post. I'm glad to have context for your YT activities, I suppose. :p

Anyway, hello GW2 GAF! I picked up GW2 at launch, played actively for maybe a week before I suddenly got really busy and stopped, returned around half a year later and became utterly absorbed for awhile (79 Warrior, ~55ish Thief), and have now been on a break for the past month or two, as I began to get a little bored.

I stopped right before the conclusion to Flame and Frost. I think my boredom came in large part from the fact that all my friends had long moved on from the game, so I'd love to play with GAF Guild whenever I do make a return. :) And speaking of Flame and Frost, I'm curious: did any lasting changes come out of the event?

Complistic

is YT youtube? Because that would fit the bill pretty well. lol.

I stopped right before the conclusion to Flame and Frost. I think my boredom came in large part from the fact that all my friends had long moved on from the game, so I'd love to play with GAF Guild whenever I do make a return. :) And speaking of Flame and Frost, I'm curious: did any lasting changes come out of the event?

The cool thing about this game, that a lot of other MMO's lack, is because there isn't a monthly subscription, you don't feel pressured to CONSTANTLY play. You can enjoy it how and when you like and you're not losing money. Frost and flame stuff was all temporary, though the fused weapons and such are obviously still around. You should run around southsun for a bit, I didn't like flame and frost as much as their latest stuff.

Proven

Hey, Team Paradigm's Guild Wars 2 Invitational is starting! http://www.twitch.tv/teamparadigmnet

So, Team Paradigm is doing this more complicated thing. Instead of a simple bracket they're doing group stages/pools. Eight teams will each fight the three other teams in their pools and play over the course of three weeks. The top four teams will have a playoff on the final fourth week. It's interesting... and I think I have a rule wrong somewhere.

Anyway, first match already started while I was typing this out. Team Paradigm against Seaclubbers. Come watch.

Lunar15

Look everyone, it's Bizarro Retro.

Hello! (That means goodbye in Bizarro world).

What's the Bizarro version of "Account Suicide"? Account immaculate conception?

No, he's Infinite Retro. He's you from another universe, like in bioshock infinite.

In that universe you hate GW2, and probably built a giant floating city in the sky to instill fear into everyone who likes it.

Atrophis

Careful guys. He's a celebrity.

Nearly 4 million views on his channel. Guess people really will watch any old shite on YT. Has about 50 videos crying about GW2. Biggest butt hurt GW1 fan I've ever seen.

WvW was so much fun last night. Really wish I didn't have to stay up until 5am for it thought :(

Retro

What a bizarre post. I'm glad to have context for your YT activities, I suppose. :p

Anyway, hello GW2 GAF! I picked up GW2 at launch, played actively for maybe a week before I suddenly got really busy and stopped, returned around half a year later and became utterly absorbed for awhile (79 Warrior, ~55ish Thief), and have now been on a break for the past month or two, as I began to get a little bored.

Hello,
Post your account info (name.####) and one of the officers will get you an invite ASAP. We play on Stormbluff Isle, but transferring over isn't required since you can always Guest.

As far as Flame and Frost changes, there's a few; Proven linked to it a few pages back;

Kinda sums up some of the permanent changes.

hythloday

WvW was so much fun last night. Really wish I didn't have to stay up until 5am for it thought :(

Yeah, this is the second one I missed. I was looking forward to playing WvW with GAF, but I ended up eating some of the greasiest steakhouse food ever for dinner, and I haven't felt quite that sick in a while. Never going to that place again. Rabbit food from here on out.

No that's not Taco Bell on my desk. Don't know what you're talking about.

No, he's Infinite Retro. He's you from another universe, like in bioshock infinite.

In that universe you hate GW2, and probably built a giant floating city in the sky to instill fear into everyone who likes it.

Knowing Retro he'd only be instilling fear in the contractors hired to build the giant floating city, as they prepared the 50th version of the design blueprints because everything has to be just right.

Retro

Oddly enough, in this universe I was working on building a giant floating city in the sky to instill fear into everyone who hates GW2, but I was too busy playing it to get it off the ground.

Also, did I just get spoiled on Bioshock Infinite? Because I haven't played more than an hour of the first Bioshock but someday I might get around to it (but probably not, honestly) and then I'll probably play Infinite...

... speaking of spoilers, what's this bombshell in The Empire Strikes Back people keep talking about?!

Nearly 4 million views on his channel. Guess people really will watch any old shite on YT. Has about 50 videos crying about GW2. Biggest butt hurt GW1 fan I've ever seen.

It's unfair to speak ill of the dead banned, but he only had 7 posts; 2 of them were barely-relevant links to his youtube videos (which looked like hastily-edited clips from movies or commercials), one of them was in here advertising his youtube channel, and the others were drive-by trolling in an XBox thread (one being a crack about starving Ethiopians).

He just was not long for this world. RIP in peace.

I know, it was insane having two commanders working both sides of the map, swinging around to defend positions. Multiple times we had a location under attack and held them off just long enough for the zerg to rush in behind them and stomp the attack out. Isle of Janthir made the gross misstep of rushing to take Stonemist (which they later lost, to us), leaving their Borderlands completely open. Stormbluff rushed in to fill the void and we ended up taking just about everything in their borderlands. At one point we had all but one tower, all but two camps, and their garrison.

What's really great is the attitude SBI has; the commander in Teamspeak when Garrison fell (we were tied up taking towers and down a commander, who disappeared for a smoke break) was like "Yeah, they got it, but it'll be a lot of fun taking it back".

Gonna be a fun week, I think I'll WvW a lot. Anvil Rock seems to be aggressive but constantly outnumbered, and IoJ seems pretty flaky. Multiple times we'd be equal or even smaller in number than their force and they'd just fold up and flee.

Knowing Retro he'd only be instilling fear in the contractors hired to build the giant floating city, as they prepared the 50th version of the design blueprints because everything has to be just right.

We need a good city-building game that has floating cities in it. Seems like they're either modern or historical settings. We need a fantasy-themed city building game, stat.

Retro

Darth Vader is actually Andrew Ryan.

vader9padr.jpg

Yeah the attitudes on TS are great. Tempers can easily flare when playing PVP but those dudes are cool as ice.

I don't play PVP (and only because that sort of PVP in other MMOs has scared me off it), but the WvW guys are great. Relaxed, they don't get mad, they don't make cracks about people dumping siege in the wrong place (happened a few times I noticed) or single anyone out for failures. I see them in the thick of battle but they're always able to survive and keep people focused.

I didn't even recognize either of the commanders (not that I would, I don't spend as much time in WvW as I should) but I'd gladly follow them around again. Good guys.

IoJ is a big eu/oceanic time zone group so you won't see much of them. They know from previous experience that they can't do anything against sbi so thats probably why they run

swnny

From what I've heard "second handed", the NA meta (builds, team setups and even map rotation) is more stalled and boring, while there is a bit of diversity in the EU meta. Can't comment on it myself, because I've only played in EU, but I know (actually playing with them on weekends till 5 am local time :D ) a lot of good players switching from NA to EU (like PIKE, Starcraft and Select) because of this. So, I can imagine that NA is (a bit) behind EU. One more reason for Anet do address the international guesting asp.

As for the TP stream recordings, looks like I'm stupid enough and couldn't find them myself, thanks! :)

From what I've heard "second handed", the NA meta (builds, team setups and even map rotation) is more stalled and boring, while there is a bit of diversity in the EU meta. Can't comment on it myself, because I've only played in EU, but I know (actually playing with them on weekends till 5 am local time :D ) a lot of good players switching from NA to EU (like PIKE, Starcraft and Select) because of this. So, I can imagine that NA is (a bit) behind EU. One more reason for Anet do address the international guesting asp.

As for the TP stream recordings, looks like I'm stupid enough and couldn't find them myself, thanks! :)

Eh.. calling the NA Meta boring I can see an argument for.. but I don't know if you could really call the EU Meta "varied" as much as EU teams are constantly looking for the next OP comp to counter the typical setups. They certainly try a lot more things but I haven't really seen any teams stick to any non-typical builds long enough to master them. I've been seeing that a lot more in NA where you have guys like Jumper who come up with a build that's a bit different, then mastering it and applying it to team Strats.

Shambles

Man this karka queen event is shit. Who designed this? Sitting dead for 10 minutes in a swarm of karka while every WP on the map is contested is really fucking amazing. Thanks for wasting my time ANET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom