• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
I want this for my Mesmer so bad.

WHISPERBLADE

looked it up, this is Whisperblade of Peril and I suddenly need one for my Mesmer as well. Where do you get one of these?

What was the key to quickly leveling jeweler? Did you just have tons of ore before you began? I just started prepping for it and I had barely any of the low lvl ores, but tons of the high lvl. I've been farming copper in the Charr starter area.

jewelery is the perfect crafting profession to level your alt. You'll probably have enough materials to get from 75 (fuck copper) to 375 (pricey globs of ectoplasm are required from here out on) without having to use the TP much if at all

pyrandes

looked it up, this is Whisperblade of Peril and I suddenly need one for my Mesmer as well. Where do you get one of these

Im guessing its a mystic forge recipe. Theres a similar GS (Vision of the Mists) thats a mystic exotic, so id expect a similar recipe applies.

"Sounds like it, what does it look like now?"

An anchor, but it's only the size/scale of a one handed weapon, so you're swinging it around like a 2 handed weapon (it's a hammer) but it's not actually long enough to reach your other hand. Makes your character look a bit spesh.

About to install:
1) does the game run well on a hD 5770?
Yup.
2) typically in these type of games, i tend to pick a spellcaster. Any advice on how to start off here? Mind you, speak dumb to me. I havent played an mmo in 6 yrs
Try not to get hit too often, move while casting. Use your dodge button on big attacks and AoE.
Different classes are going to play very differently here, so more than that is kinda dependent on your play style.

Pve is such a grind, I want to go trough the story but usually Im not up the the recommended level so I have to grind through quests, I enjoy it but its just getting to that point, Im around level 43.

etiolate

Banned
Noisy, thanks. Sorry let me clarify last question: what would be an accessible build and what characteristics would you recommend i build for a casual mmo player :)

I think Elementalist is the easiest caster to get into as of right now.

Ele = Switch and Memorize Attunements
Mesmer = Manage Clones and Porting all Over
Necro = Wait for fixes?

KingKong

So if I'm level 80 and don't want to craft, there's no harm in selling all the crafting stuff I've been collecting, is there?

I've been selling the higher end stuff but I'm thinking of just selling all of it except for the higher level gems, I think I could make 3-4 gold from all of it

Piecake

Noisy, thanks. Sorry let me clarify last question: what would be an accessible build and what characteristics would you recommend i build for a casual mmo player :)

Piece of advice. Ify ou dont like the class, change your weapons. Weapon skills are bound to the type of weapon, and they make a huge difference. So while you might find sceptor or staff ele boring, you might love dagger/dagger

I think Elementalist is the easiest caster to get into as of right now.

Ele = Switch and Memorize Attunements
Mesmer = Manage Clones and Porting all Over
Necro = Wait for fixes?

Necro = die of boredom

So if I'm level 80 and don't want to craft, there's no harm in selling all the crafting stuff I've been collecting, is there?

I've been selling the higher end stuff but I'm thinking of just selling all of it except for the higher level gems, I think I could make 3-4 gold from all of it

If you're not crafting, yeah, sell off dem mats. That's all they're good for.

I suggest running a dagger/scepter elementalist. You won't get traits or anything for a while, so get used to your weapon skills and attunements.

Levyne

Banned
Finally got my "combat" armor all finished.

It is the "Nika's ___" armor, same skin as "Duelist"

The three colors are Midnight Purple, Wine, and Ivory

P1J75.jpg

Woooooo.

Now to either work on a mf set or finally ditch the "pearl" weapon skins.

Piecake

Finally got my "combat" armor all finished.

It is the "Nika's ___" armor, same skin as "Duelist"

The three colors are Midnight Purple, Wine, and Ivory

Click for big.

Woooooo.

Now to either work on a mf set or finally ditch the "pearl" weapon skins.

I like those colors. tempted to steal them...

markot

Banned
Engineer is the definition of flash! They even have FLASH grenades!

Wheres a good site for item sets and skins and so forth >.<?

Piecake

Boo. I just want to run around the world and set things on fire.

You can deifnitely kill stuff with it, and its all right if you get the grandmaster might trait. You just wont do as well running other kits

still, if you think its fun, use it

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Good Fight to the gaffer I just dueled at Garrison on SBI Borderland.

gw030npsrf.jpg

I really wish dueling was already implemented just for this. I'm tempted to transfer servers again so I can fight other Gaffers.

etiolate

Banned
I just realized the build I switched to may not be as good for WvWvW. It's great for Orr though.

I don't know if they secretly changed iBerserker, but it's attacking with a delay now. Beforehand, popping berserker would have it spin attack right off the bat. It was a very reliable cripple in WvWvW. I am getting a delay now on the Phantasm's attack. I no longer have the increased Phantasm damage traits, but I don't see why those would change its attack speed.

Miutsu

So I tried WvWvW and while I LOVE the concept and was starting to have fun, my computer basically yelled at me for an upgrade :( it got VERY laggy in intense moments.. my rig is old anyway (5 years old) so its time to make a new one.

Where is the screenshot folder? My sis forgot to activate her retail serial number in the 5-day period and forgot her chara name, but she took screenshots and I can find the name off that, but can't find the folder.

Ken

How. I am going to put my mesmer on a break and level my warrior. I wanna use the barbaric armor set. I night just level my mesmer running dungeons.

2 of those 80s are before the speed run nerfs so yeah.

59 hours to 80 on my necro. Mostly just spend time doing stuff that gives the best exp, so dungeons and not annoying DEs. Also used crafting when I ran out of hearts. 70-80 just doing Orr zerg.

Should I reroll and level with your warrior?

Where is the screenshot folder? My sis forgot to activate her retail serial number in the 5-day period and forgot her chara name, but she took screenshots and I can find the name off that, but can't find the folder.

My Documents > GW2

desverger

What are some good weapon set up for warrior?

Axe/axe * rifle?

Depends on your spec really.

Personally I love Sword/Sword (or Sword/Axe) and Longbow for a heavy condition damage build. Longbow is just my favourite Warrior weapon :p

Also, Mesmer really started to shine at 80. I tried for a condition damage build on it before, and it really doesn't seem to cut it. Most Mesmer conditions are innately low stacks (and not to mention random), you can't really benefit from your stat well enough. When you look at some Warrior skills that deal innately huge stacks of conditions, the problem becomes obvious.

A tanky condition Mesmer is definitely viable for PvP, due to cond damage affecting confusion and the high skill rate in PvP.

Anyway, after I went 20 power/20 precision/30 illusions on my Mesmer, things started to die real quick. Much better investment imo. Even did a dungeon in that spec yesterday and didn't feel too squishy. I used to staff for some support when things got too hot for my tastes.

Violet_0

Banned
It's not that bad.

Is ranger really just 111111111111111111111111111 all the way to 80? I think my problem with the medium armor classes is that none of them are that flashy. Hmm.

in PvE as a longbow/sword+warhorn Ranger (lvl 41), honestly, yes ;)
(longbow is a very stationary weapon (especially in dungeons) and you need to auto-attack with the sword to do any damage)

but there's nothing more flashy than Ranger one-hand sword. The sword skills (especially 1) make you jump around all over the place and I never get tired of it.

What are some good weapon set up for warrior?

Axe/axe * rifle?

this is what I use (lvl 54) and it works very well so far. Mainhand axe does more auto-attack damage than any other Warrior weapon, and Eviscerate > Hundred Blades imo. The offhand weapon doesn't really matter as much and imo none of them are all that great for solo PvE (I'd probably use warhorn in WvWvW, haven't tried shield yet). Rifle or bow is matter of taste, I like piercing Kill Shot with my high-damage build.

How. I am going to put my mesmer on a break and level my warrior. I wanna use the barbaric armor set. I night just level my mesmer running dungeons.

I have three berserker barbaric armor pieces and a berserker exotic rifle waiting for me at lvl 80. This was one of my main motivations for rolling a Warrior, heh. Very fun to play though - jump into a horde of enemies, pop Ignore Pain and the stability signet and wreck havoc.

SorchaR

Mine is simply in the actual Guild Wars 2 folder, called Screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom