• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
I just realized the build I switched to may not be as good for WvWvW. It's great for Orr though.

I don't know if they secretly changed iBerserker, but it's attacking with a delay now. Beforehand, popping berserker would have it spin attack right off the bat. It was a very reliable cripple in WvWvW. I am getting a delay now on the Phantasm's attack. I no longer have the increased Phantasm damage traits, but I don't see why those would change its attack speed.

Just as a heads up for Mesmers:

After asking about this on the official forums, getting a response and doing some testing, it is indeed a bugged skill/trait. With the 5 point Inspiration trait Vengeful Images, your Berserker will attack immediately upon summoning, while without the trait, the Berserker has a delay before attack.

It makes a pretty big difference, but I am not sure if I want to go back to my old build just for the more effective Berserker.

edit 2: Vengeful Images makes ALL Phantasms, as I have tested, attack immediately upon creation. Otherwise, Phantasms feature a small delay before attack.

Keasar

Are they gonna implement server guesting soon? I wanna start playing again. Have yet to reach lvl 80 with any character of mine (and only one is even past lvl 10, my lvl 60 engineer).

scosher

The LFG tools in this game are so archaic. Their LFG window in the social tab should've had the capability to queue up or search for a group for each of the 8 dungeons, from anywhere in the game world.

Maybe they'll have that functionality when server guesting is implemented.

Violet_0

Banned
edit 2: Vengeful Images makes ALL Phantasms, as I have tested, attack immediately upon creation. Otherwise, Phantasms feature a small delay before attack.

really? I sure hope they don't intend to "fix" this trait. If anything, they should get rid of the delay altogether.

Taffer

On behalf of squishy wizards everywhere I would like to request that my personal story stops forcing me to use two-handed swords. I don't care that it's a really magical sword or that I am an avatar of the god of stabbing, I am not even slightly melee. I do not know how to be melee and do not enjoy circling the instance waiting to heal instead of using the skill & traits I just spent hours building.

On behalf of squishy wizards everywhere I would like to request that my personal story stops forcing me to use two-handed swords. I don't care that it's a really magical sword or that I am an avatar of the god of stabbing, I am not even slightly melee. I do not know how to be melee and do not enjoy circling the instance waiting to heal instead of using the skill & traits I just spent hours building.

Pffft. Get your feet wet
with blood
, you hippy. Besides, elementalists get a similar ability with their Firey Greatsword Elite skill.

Won

The LFG tools in this game are so archaic. Their LFG window in the social tab should've had the capability to queue up or search for a group for each of the 8 dungeons, from anywhere in the game world.

Maybe they'll have that functionality when server guesting is implemented.

I really wonder if they are gonna introduce a better tool. Noticed several people being annoyed over the fact they can't get together a group for CM, so I guess the game needs some real improvements on that part.

nataku

As of 8 days ago they said they currently have no plans for a dungeon finder.

Putting groups together should be a lot easier in GW2 simply because you don't need a tank/healer. So while they sit there and consider a dungeon finder they need to move the LFG tab out of the contacts menu and make it world wide, instead of map based, at the very least. Send people in game mail about it. I don't think very many people even know it exsists.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Seems lots of people have forgotten how to actually communicate with other players and coordinate a group.

wow, makes a HUGE difference what armor you wear.

my level 7 Mesmer gets murdered if going head to head with a level 7 chieftain on those troll things nearby

level 6 guardian just had no trouble at all

I realize that mesmers need more intelligent play to not have to go head to head (summon illusions and phantasms to take the heat) but I was surprised what a big difference armor makes.

wow, makes a HUGE difference what armor you wear.

my level 7 Mesmer gets murdered if going head to head with a level 7 chieftain on those troll things nearby

level 6 guardian just had no trouble at all

I realize that mesmers need more intelligent play to not have to go head to head (summon illusions and phantasms to take the heat) but I was surprised what a big difference armor makes.

If it makes you feel better, level 80 mesmers are unkillable 1v1.

Retro

This is a good thing;

Seems lots of people have forgotten how to actually communicate with other players and coordinate a group.

Exactly. A LFG tool like the one in WoW basically removes the need for any social interaction whatsoever; most of my LFG groups were completely silent (the rest consisted of DPS chain-pulling while the healer tries to mana up). They might as well have just added 4 NPCs. And the worst part was that when I DID meet up with somebody cool and talkative, because it was cross-server, you could never group with those people ever again (I think they have cross-server guesting in Pandaria now though).

I'd rather have to spend 5 minutes looking for more people than basically revert back to a near Single-Player MMO mentality. Not like it's hard to get people with the size of GAF Guild and there not being any trinity.

Piecake

Putting groups together should be a lot easier in GW2 simply because you don't need a tank/healer. So while they sit there and consider a dungeon finder they need to move the LFG tab out of the contacts menu and make it world wide, instead of map based, at the very least. Send people in game mail about it. I don't think very many people even know it exsists.

yea, if you are LFG, id like to LFG worldwide for a specific dungeon and have other players see that. Would make pug groups a lot less of a pain to form than either chilling in that zone or chilling in LA

I dont want anything automatic, just have it more convenient to find players who actually want to run the dungeon

I dont think ive ever even seen someone forming a SE exp group (probably because the gear is butt ugly), but i want that rifle, damnit!

Thanks on my way now... though i find it weird that the game does not naturally lead me to a higher level area like it did in the beginning with Brisban Wildlands?

Is it like that for all races?

Exactly. A LFG tool like the one in WoW basically removes the need for any social interaction whatsoever; most of my LFG groups were completely silent (the rest consisted of DPS chain-pulling while the healer tries to mana up). They might as well have just added 4 NPCs. And the worst part was that when I DID meet up with somebody cool and talkative, because it was cross-server, you could never group with those people ever again (I think they have cross-server guesting in Pandaria now though).

I'd rather have to spend 5 minutes looking for more people than basically revert back to a near Single-Player MMO mentality. Not like it's hard to get people with the size of GAF Guild and there not being any trinity.

Spamming LFG requests in map chat isn't exactly "social interaction" either. I haven't really had a problem with finding groups, but I guess I don't see the problem with making pickup groups easier to organize. Forcing people to jump through hoops to find a group doesn't make them more talkative.

Thanks on my way now... though i find it weird that the game does not naturally lead me to a higher level area like it did in the beginning with Brisban Wildlands?

Is it like that for all races?
If you follow the story quests, they will lead you to lion's arch and higher level zones. Otherwise, you're kind of on your own, although LA is easy to get to from any main city (and, consequently, gendarran fields).

docbon

It is baffling to see SBI and JQ consistently aim for the position of first loser every single time we are matched up against HoD. Why do people feel such great shame in focusing on green? Even the suspicion of it causes vehement denials on the forums, and suggesting it causes infighting on Teamspeak.

I feel if this mindset continues, WvWvW will play out exactly the same, every week.

It is baffling to see SBI and JQ consistently aim for the position of first loser every single time we are matched up against HoD. Why do people feel such great shame in focusing on green? Even the suspicion of it causes vehement denials on the forums, and suggesting it causes infighting on Teamspeak.
People are too proud to admit that their servers don't have the sheer constant populations to effectively combat HOD at all times. Anet literally stated from before even the betas: "if x is winning, y and z need to stop beating on each other and hit x". Somehow, that was lost on the player base at large.

scosher

This is a good thing;

So hanging out in a zone that you've already completed, spamming map chat for a group is your idea of social interaction?

I don't even care for WoW's automated dungeon finder, where you don't even need to travel to the zone to enter the dungeon. But GW2 really does need a better dungeon LFG tool so you're not tied to one zone to at least search for other players looking to group for the same dungeon. Not every player is in GAF guild, or on one of the most overpopulated servers, which seemingly clouds your perception of how long it takes the average player to form a PUG, or more importantly, fill a vacant spot when someone bails your group mid clear.

Ashodin

So hanging out in a zone that you've already completed, spamming map chat for a group is your idea of social interaction?

I don't even care for WoW's automated dungeon finder, where you don't even need to travel to the zone to enter the dungeon. But GW2 really does need a better dungeon LFG tool so you're not tied to one zone to at least search for other players looking to group for the same dungeon. Not every player is in GAF guild, or on one of the most overpopulated servers, which seemingly clouds your perception of how long it takes the average player to form a PUG, or more importantly, fill a vacant spot when someone bails your group mid clear.

More importantly, if you're not in GAF guild, why not? We have room and people are friendly.

Secondly, if you're not in GAF guild, why aren't you in a larger guild so you can facilitate this?

Thirdly, if you're playing the game ENTIRELY SOLO, why are you playing this game?

docbon

People are too proud to admit that their servers don't have the sheer constant populations to effectively combat HOD at all times.

Haha, I don't know about that. "Night capping" has become the wuvwuv topic of the forever. Complaints about oceanic player population flood the forum while blue and red butt heads over some dumb rivalry that's formed between launch and now.

More importantly, if you're not in GAF guild, why not? We have room and people are friendly.

Secondly, if you're not in GAF guild, why aren't you in a larger guild so you can facilitate this?

Thirdly, if you're playing the game ENTIRELY SOLO, why are you playing this game?

As for this one, so far i actually HAVE played it solo except for helping others out in DEs etc. but i enjoyed it regardless, the mechanics, combat, exploring etc but looking forward to dungeons in the future!

etiolate

Banned

I feel if this mindset continues, WvWvW will play out exactly the same, every week.

It would be hard to do anyways, wouldn't it? It's not like two guilds aligning where you can inform all guild mates and have everybody together on the project. It's two different servers with different people. You can't wholly organize at that level. SBI is basically the uber pug for lack of a huge alliance.

Arcteryx

haha just realized the dick who jacked my account also decided to transfer me to Ft Aspenwood(or whatever the name is)....yay now I have to wait until Stormbluff is not full again.

:/

scosher

I'm in GAF Overflow. I didn't roll on Stormbluff Isle cause I rolled with other friends from previous games, including WoW, totaling about 40 people.

Not sure how any of that is relevant. Even if I were in the main GAF guild, there are still several players who need an improved search tool for dungeons. You guys aren't playing this in a vacuum.

Hey I play solo, Im more interested in exploring then anything else, also I prefer to play with randoms for boss events and such, just me I guess, I am in a guild but I chat with them more then play with them.

etiolate

Banned
TL;DR Night capping is fun

Nope, it's not fun for either side. That's the main part of the issue. The night capping hurts the quality of enjoyment in playing WvWvW, but night capping is greatly rewarded by the points system. So the least enjoyable tactic is the most rewarding.

I'm sort of baffled that Peters listed "things we're working on" and they have nothing to do with the issue at hand. The features he listed are just general improvements that people wanted from the start.

Won

Wow, these questions are quite out there.

Ashodin

As for this one, so far i actually HAVE played it solo except for helping others out in DEs etc. but i enjoyed it regardless, the mechanics, combat, exploring etc but looking forward to dungeons in the future!

This is acceptable. When leveling myself I did a lot of it solo, but I knew come 80 I would need to venture forth with more members of the guild.

I'm in GAF Overflow. I didn't roll on Stormbluff Isle cause I rolled with other friends from previous games, including WoW, totaling about 40 people.

Not sure how any of that is relevant. Even if I were in the main GAF guild, there are still several players who need an improved search tool for dungeons. You guys aren't playing this in a vacuum.

We may not be playing in a vacuum, but it would be foolish to not attempt to take advantage of other similar people trying to play with you and do content. Of your 40 people, do you group with them often?

I understand the concept of having a better LFG tool for the masses, but I was mainly talking about you specifically.

[/B]

Hey I play solo, Im more interested in exploring then anything else, also I prefer to play with randoms for boss events and such, just me I guess, I am in a guild but I chat with them more then play with them.

Grouping and doing things together in this game is quite rewarding since everything is instanced per player. Now I can understand exploration by yourself (I do it quite often myself); it's your wish to take the game at your own pace. I'm more referring to opting out of the multiplayer based content (dungeons, etc) and then wondering where the people are because you forgot that you had other people around you. (you is general, here, not specifically)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wound up getting the game a couple days ago, and quite glad I did. It's been a lot of fun so far. Been leveling a ranger, and enjoying it. She's quite good for soloing so far, which I like. Finding all of these vistas, points of interests, quests, etc is a great, especially coming from WoW where I tried to get Loremaster and Explorer on all of my characters. For WvWvW pvp, are there specific weapons and armor that we use in it, or do we just bring in our PvE gear for that? Also, does this mean players need to run a lot of dungeons in order to get the high end gear, or are there other avenues? Not keen on dungeons myself, as I've utterly burned myself out on that sort of thing in WoW.

Piecake

Nope, it's not fun for either side. That's the main part of the issue. The night capping hurts the quality of enjoyment in playing WvWvW, but night capping is greatly rewarded by the points system. So the least enjoyable tactic is the most rewarding.

I'm sort of baffled that Peters listed "things we're working on" and they have nothing to do with the issue at hand. The features he listed are just general improvements that people wanted from the start.

I think those are improvements that will entice players to actually join WvW after your entire realm has been night-capped since they dont want to limit logging in or reduce rewards for night WvW (and id agree with that since it would kinda suck for those people who play at that time).

Simply make it easier for the people who get capped to take back all of the territory

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Haha, I don't know about that. "Night capping" has become the wuvwuv topic of the forever. Complaints about oceanic player population flood the forum while blue and red butt heads over some dumb rivalry that's formed between launch and now.

What does this even mean?

For WvWvW pvp, are there specific weapons and armor that we use in it, or do we just bring in our PvE gear for that?
You bring what your character wears. Your base stats get bumped to 80, but that's about it.
Also, does this mean players need to run a lot of dungeons in order to get the high end gear, or are there other avenues? Not keen on dungeons myself, as I've utterly burned myself out on that sort of thing in WoW.
Getting maximum-level equipment is quite easy. Exploring, karma vendors, crafting, random drops, and quest rewards all provide good gear. Dungeons provide max level gear too, but with "cooler" skins.
Now that I have a gold, should I get the guild armor? Is it something where all my armor from now on will look like that or do I lose it the second I switch gear?
Save your money for a guild backpack.

They haven't mentioned anything about working on it because the official stance is "deal with it." It's a 24/7 battleground.
The problem isn't night capping, the problem is that people's night populations aren't queueing for wvw for whatever reason. Other players should be punished because your players don't want to play.
What ArenaNet needs are better incentives to WvW for people who aren't enamored with it.
This is pretty much it. Give more players a reason to play on WvW and more players will play WvW.

eznark

Banned
1 skill point left on the GF map, Klakka won't show up.

boo

Now that I have a gold, should I get the guild armor? Is it something where all my armor from now on will look like that or do I lose it the second I switch gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom