• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
You guys do this stuff during football. :(

and without me

I run HotW yesterday a few times, first with some gafers and then with a pug.

The first run was smooth enough, though it was most of our first time doing the dungeon. We did have trouble on a particular boss, but in subsequent runs I found out that this was do to a bug. The Svanir should not have been respawning like that. In any case we pulled through, and I received have as much tokens as I should have for my troubles.

The next run I was in a pug lead by someone very experience in the dungeon, and we blazed through it fast, really fast. Infact it was faster than any pre-patch CoF run I've done, and apparently it was even faster before a patch. Not only was it faster but it was also easier, and due to it being a higher level dungeon I imagine the rewards better especially before the patch that nerfed the silver received from completing dungeons. My last run however I received a grand total of 2 tokens. I'll be waiting for the patch Monday before trying again.

Apologies to the Gafers I was partying with in WvWvW last night, I spilled some Milk on my Keyboard and it was causing some weird issues.

tell me all your secrets, I need a few HotW armor pieces. Which path did you take?

massoluk

Banned
I'm god damn pissed right now. Spent hours with some strangers on the very last dungeon. Then when we got to the very late area on the airship, the shit got bugged, the enemies kept disappearing, events wouldn't continue, and we couldn't proceed. Fuck this shit, all those times wasted.

damn i really have NO clue what traits i should pick for my Elementalist now at level 27...

So far i got a mixed bag: 5 pts on fire, 6 on lightning (wanted the speed buff), 2 on water for some added vitality and 1 on arcane

Any tips here? I feel like i should be dumping em ALL into one to get the most out of it, or to somehow specialize in something but...what?

_woLf

Just finished the monthly challenge.... all that shit for practically nothing? 20 coins, 2,394 xp, and 42 whole fucking copper.

Wow.

etiolate

Banned
I don't think Jade Quarry should ever be in the top 3 match. I don't think they're nearly as good as ET. Their tactics are awful and their skill just ...bad. It seems like they're targeting SBI because the server has sort of given up on these fights, but they don't go anywhere or accomplish much with their push against us. I don't even know how JQ lost all of their borderlands just now.

SBI has semi-given up and JQ can't even push us beyond a tiny pps lead.

darkwing

I don't think Jade Quarry should ever be in the top 3 match. I don't think they're nearly as good as ET. Their tactics are awful and their skill just ...bad. It seems like they're targeting SBI because the server has sort of given up on these fights, but they don't go anywhere or accomplish much with their push against us. I don't even know how JQ lost all of their borderlands just now.

SBI has semi-given up and JQ can't even push us beyond a tiny pps lead.

wait, what are the scores now?

this game is so fucking awesome... LOVING it right now, it really rekindled my MMO interest but then i think i mainly just love exploring and enjoying the great combat system!

dorn.

So after finally getting into the Arah dungeon(which has been bugged for a week) and going through this piece of shit boring ass excuse of a final story mission for the second time(as I've already done the mission before my shitty personal story told me to), this piece of shit green thing in the corner still tells me I need to kill Zhaitan. I don't think I've ever been so pissed off by a game.

QP3

What defines an unused signet? (In regards tothe Deep Strike Skill in the Arms trait line of Warriors)

Is it just any signet that is equipped, but not active? (i.e. you are gaining the passive beneftis from it but not the active ones)

Thanks!

markot

Banned
What defines an unused signet? (In regards tothe Deep Strike Skill in the Arms trait line of Warriors)

Is it just any signet that is equipped, but not active? (i.e. you are gaining the passive beneftis from it but not the active ones)

Thanks!
Yes

Xane

Higher payouts for taking and hold locations would help. I also believe that armor shouldn't take damage in WvW. It becomes a pretty big sink if you're on the losing team and you keep dying.

This is my biggest issue with WvWvW as it is right now. I started unequipping all my armor in WvWvW recently to avoid the repair cost. Sure, I die more quickly now, but I figured when you get attacked by a few people you die anyway. Be it with or without armor.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So I am thinking about getting this game but I cannot decide on which class/race to play.

I generally suck at PVP on these sorts of games (not that I've played many) so I am trying to figure out which class, if any, has an edge at PVP. The last thing I want to do is pick a bad class on top of sucking.

Based on my criteria I've narrowed it down to these 4:

Warrior - From what I've read it seems OP but a smart player can deal w/ them. I really don't want to play this class but if they are that good I am going to play them.
Ranger - Very good ranged DPS but once someone is in your face you are basically screwed?
Thief - Decent burst DPS (unload) and can escape by going stealth. Seems like a class where you would go in and out of fights a lot?
Mesmer - Can mitigate damage through illusions (people attacking the wrong target). How effective/believable are they?

Thinking of Sylvari because of their root ability (again another tool to get away) and take root (if you need to hold ground).

So which should I choose? I know racial abilities aren't that great but I'm also interested in folks take on those. In particular which seem best for Ranger, Thief, and Mesmer.

Lastly, how quickly can I level up now? Are there people still doing low level quests or has everyone basically max leveled their characters and have full gear?

Piecake

So I am thinking about getting this game but I cannot decide on which class/race to play.

I generally suck at PVP on these sorts of games (not that I've played many) so I am trying to figure out which class, if any, has an edge at PVP. The last thing I want to do is pick a bad class on top of sucking.

Warrior - From what I've read it seems OP but a smart player can deal w/ them. I really don't want to play this class but if they are that good I am going to play them.
Ranger - Very good ranged DPS but once someone is in your face you are basically screwed?
Thief - Decent burst DPS (unload) and can escape by going stealth. Seems like a class where you would go in and out of fights a lot?
Mesmer - Can mitigate damage through illusions (people attacking the wrong target). How effective/believable are they?

Thinking of Sylvari because of their root ability (again another tool to get away) and take root (if you need to hold ground).

So which should I choose? I know racial abilities aren't that great but I'm also interested in folks take on those. In particular which seem best for Ranger, Thief, and Mesmer.

Lastly, how quickly can I level up now? Are there people still doing low level quests or has everyone basically max leveled their characters and have full gear?

I really wouldnt worry about leveling fast. You dont really the same benefit of being max level like other mmos. The best part of GW2 is simply enjoying the journey, taking your time, and going off on tangents to explore.

For sPvP, your character is automatically leveled to 80 and has the best stat gear you can get. Everything is fair gear wise. Its all based on skill and build. So dont pick a class based on that to level since you can always have an sPvP character and a normal PvE and WvW player

Plus, dont pick a class on how they are at pvp to level now since that stuff can change. Just pick a class you like to play, and if they suck at pvp, dont play that class in sPvP, create a new one and play that

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Just go and play them all. The warrior has a pretty good selection of ranged skills its almost stupid strong. Mine is actually using just both a longbow and rifle...

Rangers can hold their own with a melee weapon also. Plus they have a pet(s) to help pound on whatever would be in your face if it comes down to it.

Mesmer takes a lot of patience / work to learn how to use correctly.

Seriously just play all the classes and try it out, since its pretty easy to do with how fast you level in the game in general.

Since you gain experience from so many different activities I don't think there is any concern about leveling too slowly. Classical scenario for me was gathering mats for a level 60 armor set while I'm level 58, and by the time I'm done crafting a few hours later, I'm already level 63 and should be gathering mats for my level 65 armor. The levels just fly whether you want it to or not.

Arcteryx

We understand how frustrating it can be to have your account accessed by someone other than you, and we are sorry you had to experience it. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.

Regarding the ability for ANet GM's to manually transfer me.

This is 2012. How do they NOT have this ability nor the ability for FULL restorations?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Got 2 of the 4 pvp maps done, couldn't get to the other one due to full queue and the other because Eternal Battlegrounds have equal footing on all servers

This is my biggest issue with WvWvW as it is right now. I started unequipping all my armor in WvWvW recently to avoid the repair cost. Sure, I die more quickly now, but I figured when you get attacked by a few people you die anyway. Be it with or without armor.

I get to 80 by spending the last coin I have, crafting like a Mofo. I have 3 silver left. Gets to 80, spends last trait point, goes to WvW, gets horrible owned, dies instantly, cant afford repair cost, desperately tries to make money, impossible, server balance makes it a slaughter. its over, your done. cant afford the repair cost, your only gear is invisible. your back in lions arch, think wtf.

As described by a couple of guildies.
they can keep travel costs, but WvW repair fees needs to go. its frustrating, its unfair, there is no way to make back what you loose unless your in the zerg.

I love how money is important in this game. I love how I dont have 10000 gold. money is finally worth something. it feels like a real currency. I love it. it makes doing events worth it, because you get both coin AND karma.

Also, I WANT. I WANT some easier to achieve max stat weapons from vendors. I dont care if they have generic skins or whatever, but right now. I know WvW are imbalanced by design, but the gear dif is crazy.

etiolate

Banned
Regarding the ability for ANet GM's to manually transfer me.

This is 2012. How do they NOT have this ability nor the ability for FULL restorations?

Don't know. I've wondered in the past if it's a product of their ability to live update and keep servers up with minimal downtime.

Not that I have any knowledge to base that on.

Ghost23

Why is it that when I play GW2, there is hardly ever any background music, but when I watch any GW2 gameplay video, there is background music? I feel as though something isn't right...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I get to 80 by spending the last coin I have, crafting like a Mofo. I have 3 silver left. Gets to 80, spends last trait point, goes to WvW, gets horrible owned, dies instantly, cant afford repair cost, desperately tries to make money, impossible, server balance makes it a slaughter. its over, your done. cant afford the repair cost, your only gear is invisible. your back in lions arch, think wtf.

As described by a couple of guildies.
they can keep travel costs, but WvW repair fees needs to go. its frustrating, its unfair, there is no way to make back what you loose unless your in the zerg.

I think thats the whole point of the repair fees in wvw to prevent people from just shotgunning all over the place and telling them stay together or have fun going broke repairing your gear constantly due to getting overwhelmed.

A bit of an incentive to get people who would go in there just to harvest things or fully unlokc the map then leave taking up valuable slots in wvw.

Not saying its a good idea, but am pretty sure its there for a reason.

W1SSY

I am stuck on my main quest on Tower Down because it doesn't proceed at the end. Although on a positive note I hit level 80 the other day. Ended up using crafting to get a lot of the last levels. I finished cooking and got my armorsmith up to 300+. I will probably start to work on my thief and wait and see if they patch the quest any time soon.

Ken

70-80 is free levels just by running with a zerg in Orr for a few hours.

Someone call me when Balthazar vendor is open in SBI. ;_;

Kingbrave

I wanted a break from my Charr warrior. He's just 65 but I wanted to try something else. I made an Asuran elementalist. My Charr looks at me with disgust now....I...I need to shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom