• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I wanted a break from my Charr warrior. He's just 65 but I wanted to try something else. I made an Asuran elementalist. My Charr looks at me with disgust now....I...I need to shower.

It's only disgusting if you start going on Deviant Art looking for Asura pictures.

slimer5

Neo Member
1) Easy. Everything's pretty straightforward...

While I can't answer all of these...

Heya slimer!...

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead and buy this, especially since it's already $20 cheaper on eBay for some reason.

I guess one other question that I had was if there's usually open spots in the Gaf guild? I'd want to join once I get the game just because I feel like you guys would be willing to help me learn about everything and would be willing to quest and whatever.

Ken

How to get level 80 exotic armor with Corgi the Chloe (so PvE only):

Step 1. Figure out what stats you want.
Step 2. Find out which dungeons, karma vendors, and TP sets have those stats.

Dungeons: If you don't care about a matching set, run multiple dungeons that have armor with the same stats. For example, CM, HOTW, and TA all have Precision/Toughness/Condition Damage gear. Running each path once a day and you should have a set in like 3 days. Don't worry about the runes they come with since they usually aren't that great.

TP: If you're rich you can snag a full set of crafted level 80 exotics for about 12~15 gold depending on the demand on the stats you want. The equipment with the god names in them tend to be more expensive than the crafted stuff but have the same stats (with a few exceptions); only difference is they come with a rune you may or may not want and a different appearance so they aren't really worth it in my opinion. For example, heavy armor Draconic set will have an equivalent to the Rurik Gauntlets of Vampirism; only difference is they don't come with Vampirism runes slotted in and the Draconic helmet isn't silly.

Karma: Go zerging in Orr from 70-80 and by the time you hit 80 you'll have an extra 30k karma or so. Assuming you didn't spend all your karma previously you should have enough for one piece of armor! If you're not bored yet, go ahead and keep farming Orr for karma.

Assuming dungeon rewards get fixed by Monday, running dungeons is probably the cheapest, most time efficient, and most fun way to gear up if you can find guildmates to go with you or decent PUGs.. Of course, you can always mix and match. 84k karma isn't too bad a grind and will fill out 2 of your 6 armor slots with exotics. That leaves 4 more armor pieces to collect through dungeons or TPing. Also keep in mind that crafted exotics of a set tend to all be close to the same price (2~3g), Dungeon chest and pants are about 120 more tokens than the other armor pieces, but Karma armor all cost the same amount.

This site I saw on reddit also helps in deciding what armor you want as it shows what the armor looks like, which Karma vendors have what, and the different stat allocation on the karma stuff.

http://www.gw2armor.com/

Oh yeah, step 3: be best friends with Achtius if you want to run AC forever and ever.

As for exotic weapons and trinkets, you're on your own. :I

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
looks like SBI has given up on the WvW 1st tier lol

There is no point to playing right now. Even when we destroy HoD Friday-Sunday and gain a huge lead, they just gain it back in the off hours. Not gonna whine about it being unfair or some nonsense like that. But I'm not gonna invest money into WvW when we're just gonna lose anyway.

"Even when we destroy HoD Friday-Sunday and gain a huge lead"

You say we as though there's not a third server. Also as though you've done it more than once.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
"Even when we destroy HoD Friday-Sunday and gain a huge lead"

You say we as though there's not a third server.

And I meant it that way. The beginning of the last weekend ET and SBI were double teaming HoD hard in an attempt to shut them down early. It worked for sometime but eventually SBI and ET just lost ground and the Orbs along with them.

docbon

I'm fine with this honestly. By the end of this matchup we'd have been losing to HoD for almost a month. Need a chance to get organized, find some people to fill our roster, and build morale up before going at it with Henge again.

I really hope we get some WvWvW incentives sooner than later to get people interested as well.

Bossun

There's way to much bugs nowadays to have a good play. It's frustrating to walk all the way to a comp event or whatever and see it's bugged, it's really annoying when it's 2 or 3 times on a map and on every map.

Also I need money, everything is so expensive in this game..

Finally dungeons, I don't see the point of doing them before level 80.

Retro

Finally dungeons, I don't see the point of doing them before level 80.

Gasp!

.... Fun? Also, I usually end up getting at least 40s per dungeon run, not counting vendor trash or possible TP sales. If money is a problem, maybe that's a reason to run dungeons before 80? Just don't do them with a shite group or it will end up costing you in repairs.

Bossun

Gasp!

.... Fun? Also, I usually end up getting at least 40s per dungeon run, not counting vendor trash or possible TP sales. If money is a problem, maybe that's a reason to run dungeons before 80? Just don't do them with a shite group or it will end up costing you in repairs.

Yeah for the fun maybe. But I don't know, maybe it's because I only did them in story mode, but I definitively didn't make 40s, and so far have been unimpressed by the bosses, especialy caduceus manor where the bosses are just regular ennemies. Ascalonian catacombs are okay I guess.

Also let's say I want to upgrade my equipment, by the time I finished farming the specific dungeon, and seeing how fast you level up in the game, the stuff would be pretty irrelevant. So yeah I'll have the skin but that's it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like Eradon Terrace isn't going to win this round of WvW. Any other server recommendations for map completion?

Giard

I was wondering... everyone knows by now that the iDuelist refreshes regeneration a lot faster than the other phantasms. Is this a bug, or is this intentional?

Ken

I was wondering... everyone knows by now that the iDuelist refreshes regeneration a lot faster than the other phantasms. Is this a bug, or is this intentional?

I don't see why it wouldn't be intentional; got to apply those dots.

But I don't play PvP or a mesmer beyond 10 so I wouldn't know.

Rarutos

Hmm, does anyone know where to get this armor in PvE? Strangely enough, it's called Acolyte Armor in PvE. I've seen people have it, but I've never really found a piece before. I assume these are exotic only, since that's all they are on the Trading Post! Maybe they're drops?

nataku

Hmm, does anyone know where to get this armor in PvE? Strangely enough, it's called Acolyte Armor in PvE. I've seen people have it, but I've never really found a piece before. I assume these are exotic only, since that's all they are on the Trading Post! Maybe they're drops?

They're exotics. I got a couple pieces of it from getting 100% on Frostgorge Sound. I'm assuming the Orr zones could give you it as well if you're lucky.

I ended up just buying the other pieces I needed from the TP. I'd assume they're drops in high level zones.

Giard

I don't see why it wouldn't be intentional; got to apply those dots.

But I don't play PvP or a mesmer beyond 10 so I wouldn't know.

I just think that all phantasms should re-apply regeneration at the same rate. Thanks.

Boss Doggie

They aren't beating ET in overall points (ET is ahead by 30k or something already) but right now he's probably having trouble with certain maps for his completion.

Yeah exactly. Essentially EB and JoI where everyone else has a huge occupation.

So those "full" servers eventually go back to High right?

Ketch

Just played the first round of WvW where things were actually kind of making sense.

Played for about 2 hours or so, basically running back and forth between one of our forward towers (that was under trebuchet fire) and the nearest supply camp. Grabing supply and repairing the wall, then the gate, then the wall again. Getting like 1500- to 2k xp and a bunch of karma and silvers every 2 minutes.

Random bouts of defending the supply camp from enemy raids, and then once pushing the raiders back through the NPC village and to their own tower.

Finally, some other guild must have managed to coordinate 3 or 4 trebuchets behind a decent line of attack at the enemies central fortress where we were able to battle them long enough for our siege weapons to take out there siege weapons thus saving the tower that's been under attack all night.

I quickly logged off to avoid watching the enemy just build another treb to go right back at our tower.

Overall, got a bunch of xp and karma and even made some profit, got a couple kills, got to exercise my banner/warhorn/shout build a bit-- and we saved our tower, feels like a win (even if we are in 3rd place right now)

I can't wait till I hit 80 so I can make a bigger difference in battle, would be really awesome if we could get like a scheduled semi organized WvW night or something.

Also excited to read about Anet wanting to add more rewards and what not... I feel like I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in WvW once I max level. Who's with me?

darkwing

Just played the first round of WvW where things were actually kind of making sense.

Played for about 2 hours or so, basically running back and forth between one of our forward towers (that was under trebuchet fire) and the nearest supply camp. Grabing supply and repairing the wall, then the gate, then the wall again. Getting like 1500- to 2k xp and a bunch of karma and silvers every 2 minutes.

Random bouts of defending the supply camp from enemy raids, and then once pushing the raiders back through the NPC village and to their own tower.

Finally, some other guild must have managed to coordinate 3 or 4 trebuchets behind a decent line of attack at the enemies central fortress where we were able to battle them long enough for our siege weapons to take out there siege weapons thus saving the tower that's been under attack all night.

I quickly logged off to avoid watching the enemy just build another treb to go right back at our tower.

Overall, got a bunch of xp and karma and even made some profit, got a couple kills, got to exercise my banner/warhorn/shout build a bit-- and we saved our tower, feels like a win (even if we are in 3rd place right now)

I can't wait till I hit 80 so I can make a bigger difference in battle, would be really awesome if we could get like a scheduled semi organized WvW night or something.

Also excited to read about Anet wanting to add more rewards and what not... I feel like I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in WvW once I max level. Who's with me?

were you in the JQ map? yeah suicide squads to take out the treb ftw!

Boss Doggie

Man, I never imagined myself server hopping for map completion lol

Speaking of which, would enemy players see you naked when you aren't wearing your gear?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Having a WvW night is something I really want to do and I think lots of people are interested in. When you have a sizable guild force to roll with it really is a blast. Our server's heart certainly did not seem to be in it this week, though. What time were you connected and how were the queues?

The randomness of the WvWvW queues really make it hard to have good organized guild events in this game. So many players get stuck in the queues for over an hour while other members some how get in 5-10 minutes even after signing up after the other player whose been waiting.

We've been doing weekly big guild alliance events and it's always a nightmare getting your members in with half the members waiting in queues for half hour or more.

And without raid formation abilities in this game, organizing large guilds and alliances of guilds for the WvWvW events is hell.

They need to do away with that 100g commander garbage and allow guilds to earn the ability or such to make raids for WvWvW at will.

massoluk

Banned
Just got my first taste of WvWvW. I digged it. Took me a long time to figure out how it works, but this is fun. I'm gonna fully upgraded this tiny fort at the edge of the map and be the king of the castle.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Having a WvW night is something I really want to do and I think lots of people are interested in. When you have a sizable guild force to roll with it really is a blast. Our server's heart certainly did not seem to be in it this week, though. What time were you connected and how were the queues?

Hows the waiting times these days with WvW?

no queue or very short queue times in SBI, looks like after a few weeks of HOD beatdown, it was getting tiresome to be in the first tier

Pretty much. I was always que'd until I saw my bank starting to dwindle. I don't que now until I have enough to not worry about dying and repairs. I don't even mind fighting the "unwin-able" but having to pay repairs for it isn't going to be an option this early for me.

Just hit 30 last night but unfortunately didn't have time to run AC Story yet, hopefully will be doing that later today.

Is there an incentive to run AC Story again if you have already done it or are most people running it first timers or guildies helping others?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there an incentive to run AC Story again if you have already done it or are most people running it first timers or guildies helping others?
They actually lessened the amount of XP and silver you get for story so while it does still get you some of each, there's really no reason to rerun Story mode after you've completed it for the narrative unless you're helping others out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
no queue or very short queue times in SBI, looks like after a few weeks of HOD beatdown, it was getting tiresome to be in the first tier

awesome thanks for the answer!I remember the long waiting times is what killed any guild events before, due to not everyone being able to make it in before.

Finally hit 80 on my first character after about 185 hours. 75-80 was ridiculously fast once I found the Orr zerg. Here's my to-do list:

1. Complete Personal Story - I think I'm currently on the level 74 or 75 quest.
2. Upgrade Equipment - I need to upgrade my equipment to level 80 gear, preferably exotics.
3. Crafting - I have some catching up to do and I have a lot of materials stockpiled from farming and doing events. I want to level other professions too but will probably save that for other characters.
4. Dungeons - I haven't done anything since TA, so I need everything starting from Sorrow's Embrace story mode. I also want to do all the different explorable paths for all the dungeons and get some of that sweet dungeon gear.
5. Exploration - I only have about 30% map completion. I plan on saving a lot of the unexplored zones for my other characters but once I've seen most of the world, I'll come back for completion on my main.
6. Jumping Puzzles - This kind of falls under exploration but I've only done around 10 or 11 jumping puzzles so far. I think there are still quite a few left for me to do.
7. WvWvW - Once I get my gear straigtened out, I'll be doing this regularly.
8. SPVP - Not sure when I want to jump in but I think I would like to try with some guild members rather than flying solo.
9. Level Alts. - I have 4 other classes ready and waiting!

Long term:

Legendary Weapon - I'm not going to grind for it but hopefully by continuing to play naturally on my main, I'll be able to save up enough skill points and materials to get one eventually...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are ~25 jumping puzzles left for you to do! :D

edit: Re: you're #2, in the short term, going for just-shy-of-80 exotics, like 74-79 gear, can save you a ton of money without that much of a stat sacrifice, and you can use regular old transmutation stones to get them to have the look you want.

They actually lessened the amount of XP and silver you get for story so while it does still get you some of each, there's really no reason to rerun Story mode after you've completed it for the narrative unless you're helping others out.

That's a bummer, looks like I'll pug it then.

Barely posted here since headstart.
Love this game, even with all the broken and missing stuff.

I'm disappointed though at the # of GAF playing compared to launch.
We get ~35 during the week, and about ~60 at weekend (primetime).
Which is really low since we had a near full guild (~500!) a few weeks ago.

Anyway, hope they patch in guildhalls soon. Should be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom