• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the limit (lower+upper) amount of people for running a dungeon ?

Looking to get together a PUG for our very first story AC run and we're two people already, so how many more do we need for it to work out?
The limit is 5. 5 people. Need 5. :p

edit: Pick up and throw boulders whenever you come across them! :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hope they don't change it though. It's good o be able to grab supply there if its agreed upon for emergency siege. That's probably not a common situation if you haven't had your nearest camp cut off though.
Or emergency repairs- I doubt they'll change it. What he suggested is good sense and courtesy though, just not something I had considered *shame*

kidko

It seems like a bunch of people get into WvW and just idle there or do PvE... kinda sux they are hogging spots from people who could be participating

etiolate

Banned
Got my Exotic Sword and Focus now after another Ghost Eater run.

igfnXAkV6Tq2i.png

Ghastly Sword and the X7-10 Alpha off the TP.

Lulubop

I made a Guardian last night, and I'm really enjoying the profession more so than any other aside for Ele. Now I've been told GS is the way to go, but what ever some other possible combinations for a second set? I'm liking Mace/Focus as a support set up, would Specter/ Focus work better or is Staff more viable? In High level/Dungeon PvE, WvW I should say.

etiolate

Banned
I like to defend the supply camps near spawn in enemy borderlands. Bluewater is tough to defend because people can sneak in via water, but that means it always needs to be defended. Myself and someone from Last Pride defended BW for a couple hours one night.

Of course, you can run over and help others nearby since people only attack now near the timer point. That is another thing that needs to change.

They are awful indeed...
I will third (fourth?) this.

It seems to me like the dungeons are made specifically for organized groups in voice chat with highly competent players, which means 99% (or more) of the player base is shit outta luck.

Every single group I've been in has not enjoyed themselves. Even my guild groups don't go so well...

Violet_0

Banned

It seems to me like the dungeons are made specifically for organized groups in voice chat with highly competent players, which means 99% (or more) of the player base is shit outta luck.

Every single group I've been in has not enjoyed themselves. Even my guild groups don't go so well...

I did a couple of dozen dungeon runs (nearly all of them with guildies), and so far I only couldn't complete 3 (first time TA story, CoF Secret Weapon and AC Colossus). A couple of times we got to the point where we were about to quit but then decided to give it "on more try" - and it worked.

I really enjoy most of the dungeons, honestly. SE story sucked, though.

I haven't had too much frustration with the dungeons -- most of the time I've been with 2-3 guildies and 1-2 random others, but it's usually easy enough to coordinate with the other players even without voice chat. One of my guildies is pretty experienced with dungeon runs, so that helps a lot.

It does seem like a lot of the encounters have some sort of trick that makes things much easier, and I can see how it would be frustrating to trial-and-error that from scratch. But if you have someone who knows the trick (or look it up online), it's usually pretty straightforward to execute as long as you have a bit of coordination.

My biggest complaint about dungeons at the moment is the rewards bug, which keeps giving me reduced numbers of tokens even though I rarely run more than one dungeon a night, and never the same one twice in a row.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It does seem like a lot of the encounters have some sort of trick that makes things much easier, and I can see how it would be frustrating to trial-and-error that from scratch. But if you have someone who knows the trick (or look it up online), it's usually pretty straightforward to execute as long as you have a bit of coordination.
This is so, so, so true.

Honestly, I love those rooms/encounters and I love being in a group that's dedicated to figuring them out and being able to run the dungeon much more smoothly next time, and show others on future runs. But if you're running the dungeon for the first time, in an uncoordinated group, I can see how it would be very frustrating. Some of the more complex bosses in explorable mode take a lot of trial and error or heavy improvisation but it's immensely satisfying to pull out the win.

I really believe that they should nerf story mode difficulty and just focus the majority of changes/tweaks/additions to explorable mode for every dungeon. I get that players out there don't all want the same level of challenge (yes- even frustration) when playing instanced content. Mumble has been crucial to succeeding in almost every dungeon run I was doing for the first time. And for some gamers, actually hopping onto a voice chat server is out of the question.

Story mode should be for those people. They can replay it for a bit of XP and silver and I wouldn't even be opposed to it rewarding a modest amount of tokens each run so that those players could save up over time.

My biggest complaint about dungeons at the moment is the rewards bug, which keeps giving me reduced numbers of tokens even though I rarely run more than one dungeon a night, and never the same one twice in a row.
Agreed. We just keep running them anyway, but personally, I have never, even one time, received the amount of tokens I was supposed to post-patch.

I think I'm 5 for 6 or so in random pickup groups so when it comes to completing dungeons so far. Only level 45 so don't know if the difficulty spikes up with later ones but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

etiolate

Banned

They aren't going to make sense at first, but if you have people who know the dungeon then it goes pretty well.

I can run a pretty clean Ghost Eater run even with some pugs.

My criticism of the dungeons, other than the rewards bug, is that I think some bosses are just meat shields that take too long to take down. I'm not too big on fights that are just a long, drawn-out whacking away at a health bar. It's just an artificial time extender.

Another critique is that completing the dungeons at a good pace with less deaths often involves little tricks that aren't always evident. If these tricks are intended to be used then they may want to make them more visually learnable. You know, give some stronger cues.

On the other hand, some stuff just doesn't make visual sense. I remember in my first CM explore mode run, there was a boss in a barn with a group of ranged mobs. The boss was at the bottom of the barn where you enter, and the ranged mobs were lined up top of the barn on the second floor. The non-sensible part is that the boss doesn't aggro until the ranged mobs are killed. This makes no sense visually since the boss is closer to the players and looks like he could be pulled out. Instead, you can go right past the boss and up the stairs to kill the extra mobs, and the boss will ignore you the whole time. It's not really logical.

If you guys are on later and want to do explorable mode, I'd be down. Still need a few more runs for a greatsword. Also need to do howling king at least once.

Wish I could! 5 more levels and I'll join you. That was a lot of fun though, I still can't imagine how they expect level 30 pugs to do that instance.

Ashuron

Phantasmal Warden: This skill no longer has a 0-second recharge when affected by traits. It now has approximately a 5-second recharge.

Aw. No more P.Warden/Warden's Feedback + Phantasmal Haste for an almost perma reflect. It was so good to see numbers flying across my screen in WvW. :(

Grakl

Is there a trick to getting higher FPS? I don't find a difference when I change various settings, really; it always hovers around 20-40fps, and dips in to the teens with any fights going on.

I'm using the 304.79 beta drivers.

KePoW

Banned
Is there a trick to getting higher FPS? I don't find a difference when I change various settings, really; it always hovers around 20-40fps.

I'm using the 304.79 beta drivers.

What resolution? I had that problem on my laptop until I lowered the rez.

Piecake

So, where is the dungeon token fix that we were promised? I dont see it in there...

And nice to see that CoE is getting a nerf. The bosses in there simply have too much health. Its just kinda a drag when it takes forever to kill something

Ken

So, where is the dungeon token fix that we were promised? I dont see it in there...

And nice to see that CoE is getting a nerf. The bosses in there simply have too much health. Its just kinda a drag when it takes forever to kill something

Fixed a bug in dungeon speed-clearing code. Players should no longer experience reward reductions without triggering the speed-clearing debuff.

etiolate

Banned
My uber Warden is gone. =(

Don't see anything in there about Vengeful Images and the Phantasms' attack initiation. Time to go test.

"Armor that is currently equipped can no longer be transmuted."

Odd change. Just adds an extra step to transmuting.

"Updated all phantasms and clones available to the mesmer to ensure they activate within their range."

Wonder if this means I can no longer cast Berserker through walls?

Piecake

Fixed a bug in dungeon speed-clearing code. Players should no longer experience reward reductions without triggering the speed-clearing debuff.

Thank holy jeebus. Hawkian must tell me if this actually works (we seem have the exact same bug issue. 30 tokens, yay!)

Grakl

Alright, I found that turning reflections on or off changed my fps by ~20. Crazy. Still, the FPS goes from 20 to 60. Real inconsistent.

th3dude

Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.

Ohhh... This mean I can throw grenades as auto attack on my engy?!?

Piecake

"Added catapults and scaling veterans to the bridge repair event in Kessex Hills."

That should stop the Botters, no?

Sounds like
mFcQh.png
to me.

Yep.

Wait, you can actually auto attack with a ground target attack?

I can see it working with the elixir gun and underwater grenades (thank god), but not sure how is supposed to work for ground targeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom