• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

Ohhh... This mean I can throw grenades as auto attack on my engy?!?

I hope so. From the way I read the notes, it's sounds like it will save AA capable weapons, not sure if theyll enable non-AA kits like land grenades.

I know you can currently force AA on kits like bombs and underwater grenades, but it doesn't work with land grenades.

Id like some quick-casting option with reticules still showing also.

etiolate

Banned
They fixed the uberwarden and broke it into impotent warden. It seems the downtime is longer than the stated 5 secs with Phantasmal Haste. It's about 10 seconds between attacks without Haste and 7 seconds with Haste. That's quite a dropoff from before.

You can still cast Phantasmal Berserker without LoS and through walls. Also, the Vengeful Images effect on Phantasm attack initiation speed is still there. Makes that trait almost mandatory unless you're shatter based.

Arken2121

These Guardian nerfs are getting out of hand. Every single patch they've been nerfed to a significant degree. First lower health tier, stability loss with tomes(making them useless), and now retaliation reduction by 70% from one of our traits. Come on now.

"Hmm, I thought I read somewhere they had a higher tier in beta but was removed. Guess I was wrong. Either way, there have been almost no buffs to the class and it's a little much."

Nah, not even in the first BWE, as I recall. I do agree this retaliation nerf is pretty massive though. It also makes the 25% increased duration trait worthless as well. 25% increased duration on 3 seconds? Cool?

Arken2121

"Hmm, I thought I read somewhere they had a higher tier in beta but was removed. Guess I was wrong. Either way, there have been almost no buffs to the class and it's a little much."

Nah, not even in the first BWE, as I recall. I do agree this retaliation nerf is pretty massive though. It also makes the 25% increased duration trait worthless as well. 25% increased duration on 3 seconds? Cool?

I do agree that 10 seconds is a bit long but 70% reduction isn't exactly tweaking but rather hammering that boon from a condition weak profession.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
gw011l.jpg
It shoots... rainbows?

Arken2121

Sucks, Guardian is what I ended up running with in the end. Ah well, hopefully other shit gets buffed by the time I'm 80.

I hope so. It's getting tough playing when your core abilities are getting destroyed. I find myself never using the tomes anymore since I can never get the #5 off at all. So the only choice is an elite that makes you look like you're taking a dump while becoming a sitting duck.

Achtius

Today is not a good day for me. Died like more than all my runs this week combined ;(

speaking of which

Thanks for the reports! We’re working on a fix for this issue.
For those who are curious about the cause, it appears that the bug is with the glow only being triggered if you’re in a map when it transitions from day to night, and won’t work if you go to a map where it’s already night.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...ing-at-night-when-transmuted/first#post290954

etiolate

Banned
That explains why it wasn't glowing for me just a bit ago in Fields of Ruin.

How am I supposed to impress all my mmo ladies when my sword don't glow?

etiolate

Banned
So what's the ideal mesmer weapon?

I'm currently using Staff and Scepter + Pistol

Top Mesmer Weapons as rated by moi:

Greatsword, Staff and Sword. And Pistol.

Now that Focus has been Fuxared, I'd say Pistol is #1 OH. The initial Focus attack and reflect with traits is still cool, but the downtime of the attack is pretty long right now.

Giard

I always go for OH Pistol, only because the iDuelist gives you perma-regen and almost perma-protection, if you have the traits.

I'm using Sword/pistol and Staff, playing a mantra/support/bulky build.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People keep suggesting sword, I guess I might as well go for it. I tend to avoid melee for scholar classes but I guess I'll try it with this one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, I love its second skill (I always learn all skills before switching gear... which is why elementalist is such a pain lol), only real pain I have with it is range.

Hmm k, going for sword/pistol and staff then!

Dreavus

People keep suggesting sword, I guess I might as well go for it. I tend to avoid melee for scholar classes but I guess I'll try it with this one.

The 2 ability on main hand sword gives you some nice invulnerability. Along with swapping places with your clone from the 3 ability, you can usually avoid quite a bit of damage despite being in melee range.

"Fixed a bug that was automatically killing players as they entered Sharkmaw Caverns in Lion’s Arch."

Oh man, I thought it was just me or my equipment/level or something. Good to know it wasn't because of my imprecise entry angle, heh.

"Fixed a bug that caused charr characters to enter a state where any fall resulted in a long falling yell."

Awesome. Now I can resume jumping around everywhere without hearing wha-whaaaaargh.

etiolate

Banned
Jon Peters is in SBI Mists district answering some questions. He commented on the Guardian and illuminated a bit why they nerfed what they did. I'll gather up the screenshots and post them. He also commented on paid tournaments without wanting to give a time estimate. Also said more work is being done on Necro.

ibxgxCPa4lIxfl.png

iboQYwrwaQLtxk.png

iboQYwrwaQLtxk.png

iirJBbwBBVocs.png

ibvLSqy43TFbg1.png

He also said that if you can't solo gank in WvWvW then you suck.

I lost the further explanation of the Guardian issue in my chat scroll. Basically, the reason retaliation is a problem is because bunker/node holding defensive Guardians are so strong. The natural counter to that is a good, strong spke damage build, but retaliation was so strong on the Guardian that it was countering the major counter to the defensive Guardian. So they wanted to tone down retal on Guardian.

He also said the combo finish on Big Ole Bomb was fixed today. No word on when they'll put the fix in live.

Arken2121

I hear what he means but why such a large reduction? The trait is now useless. Even if you were to combine it with vengeful, you'd only get it at 3.75 seconds.

I completely understand the need for the reduction but Guardians in a sense are defenders so this boon was actually meant for them. There's not enough burst damage for the class so how else do you get it?

etiolate

Banned
Also, in case it hasn't been said by somebody else, the ??? on monthly achievement is not a bug but a mystery until ANet reveals what the monthly achievement is for that month.

pyrandes

Im gonna say itll depend on your traits and how you like to play.

If you dont like being in melee, then you can rule out 1hander swords as a MH (offhand is still a great piece with duelist and a stun). I love 1hander swords myself -- levelled up using a sword/pistol and staff build.

my current loadout supports using a staff and scepter/pistol build, to stack up as much confusion/bleed as possible. Staff is great as a defensive/support tool as well.

torch...is situational. prestige is awesome, but iMage just doesnt work that well due to the obscenely long CD, even when traited.

GS is also awesome. especially traited. mirror blade goes down to night instant cast. The last part of the CoE runs I was on was almost exclusively GS/Staff (ps, **** you Alpha; 30 min of dodging aoe only to get trolled by .5% health).

desverger

I love my sword/sword. It's great for a shatter build, the sword phantasm from the offhand weapon has a really low cooldown, deals it's damage in single strike so you can shatter it quickly after, and on top of that gives YOU a leap finisher. Also the sword block makes you more tankier as well. Pistol is not a bad offhand either, if you're not shattering immediately and rather keeping phantasms up.

I usually start with the summoning the sword phant, then jump in with the sword "3" skill, dodge or block once to create one clone and explode the mob to pieces. Takes a few seconds and you're not really spending a lot of time in melee :)

If you're fighting multiple enemies you can always do Blurred Frenzy (which makes you invulnerable) before shattering to soften up the secondary targets.

That said, I usually have a staff in my weapon swap, just so you can support and deal damage from range if you need a bit of a breather. It's also pretty fun to drop a Chaos Storm somewhere and leap through it for a bit of Chaos Armor.

etiolate

Banned
Someone on our server got Sunrise Legendary sword. It's got a sorta cool light blur effect when swung. Said it cost them 600 gold.

desverger

I don't have +condtion damage, no point in using the staff

Tbh, the staff really doesn't benefit a whole lot from condition damage. I mean it does, but.. the problem with the staff is that it deals a lot of single random conditions which kinda kills the benefit from condition damage. A single bleed is hardly useful when procced from the attack.

If you're going 20 or 30 Illusions in your trait spec, and get the additional bounce, then it already is a good weapon for you. I see it mostly as a support weapon, since you can also give allies might and fury with it.

But, I'm talking PvE here and if you're going for a condition damage build in PvP, for confusion, then the staff really starts to shine in it's support role.

etiolate

Banned
Six of us took down the shields in the temple of Lyssa. Took us 30+ minutes. Eventually spread out into groups of two to defend and take the three spots.

Then the shield goes down and suddenly there's people in the zone and now everyone cares.

>|

Hobo Bandwagonners I say

Anyways, good job by everyone.

Ken

Six of us took down the shields in the temple of Lyssa. Took us 30+ minutes. Eventually spread out into groups of two to defend and take the three spots.

Then the shield goes down and suddenly there's people in the zone and now everyone cares.

>|

Hobo Bandwagonners I say

Anyways, good job by everyone.

Is Balthazar vendor up by any chance? > >

damn, they STILL didn't patch that one catapult parts event in Gendarran Fields where i kept on collecting catapult parts only to then NOT find any NPC or whatever to turn em in to :(

I thought that one was OBVIOUS for the fixing but i guess not...

chimster

For some odd reason I am getting heavy artifacting now and it makes it impossible to play. I didn't change or update any drivers from the day before. What's weird is that even the login screen has weird artifacting happening but not the character selection or loading screen.

I can still play other games fine (ie. Diablo 3). This just started happening yesterday. Any ideas on what I can do?

gw001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom