• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Every time I kill a mob/person, I hear "Cat Scratch Fever", they should give me a skill that causes cat scratch fever. Not the rest of the Charr, just me!

Piecake

Shmokay, who wants to do one of them there dee-unjins before I sink some more time into Dishonored?

Id up for some SE in about 20 minutes. oh boo, just missed you. saw you online, went to whisper and said that that player was not online anymore, haha

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really hate the last three maps (the risen focused ones).

Not because of the environment, but because of the mobs and the way waypoints are made.

The risen are pretty broken - fast, has bunch of condition attacks, has a huge aggro range, and they respawn ridiculously fast! Also I really those "special" risen (putrifier, preserver, etc.)

desverger

I really hate the last three maps (the risen focused ones).

Not because of the environment, but because of the mobs and the way waypoints are made.

The risen are pretty broken - fast, has bunch of condition attacks, has a huge aggro range, and they respawn ridiculously fast! Also I really those "special" risen (putrifier, preserver, etc.)

Yeah they're not my favourite mob type either. Probably why I went back to my alt instead of grinding those last zones :p

The mob density is also wack - you can't really kite anything without pulling a ton more of the bastards, and since they are so fast, you need a big kite range.. Ugh. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to spend time on those zones. Maybe I'll just need to get used to them and bring a ton of condition removal.

etiolate

Banned
There's several difficulty spikes in the game and Orr is one of them. Sometimes I don't feel like doing Orr, but then again I need dat karma and gatherings. I took a screenshot of ML where there were like three different people dead from those Exploding Risen that surround a Ori node on SBI.

I two-manned one of those giants the other day and it felt satisfying.

Of course, when we did all the Lyssa events with like six people that was pretty rewarding as well.

The Dynamic Event System has one big flaw, the more players in the zone, the more events, that's a shitty design, leveling my alt feels like a grind because I am not seeing a ton events like I did with my Main, at level 61 on my Guardian I had 29k Karma on my Alt I have 16,575....

zon

I finally completed my CoF armor set yesterday, hurrah! :D

Now it's on to upgrading my weapons. I need to get 2 daggers, 2 pistols and 1 shortbow. After that I'll finally start playing other characters I think.

Tankshell

Finally stumped up the gold for the tier 1 human set chest piece and shoulder plates. Looks pretty nice on my lvl 39 human female warrior.

TBH the cultural armour is probably the only armour for my race/class/gender that actually appeals to me.

They defo need to add some good looking armour to this game in a future update, coming off the back of Tera were the majority of armour designs were stunning... these are very lacking.

The Dynamic Event System has one big flaw, the more players in the zone, the more events, that's a shitty design, leveling my alt feels like a grind because I am not seeing a ton events like I did with my Main, at level 61 on my Guardian I had 29k Karma on my Alt I have 16,575....

Yeah, this irritates me. I want to level through the appropriate level stuff because of crafting and gathering but there's nothing to do out in many of these areas. I've come across a few quests where I've had to wait for things to spawn for a minute or so each time to kill it. My problem is completionistismitis. I constantly feel the need to do every heart/POI/Vista I come across ... so maybe that's slowing me down.

I think I spent too much on crafting too ... I'm only half way to buying my level 40 trait book!

I was curious, were there any sales numbers released? Do we know how many active players there are and such?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was curious, were there any sales numbers released? Do we know how many active players there are and such?
Well, not really. There were well over two million sold, but I don't think there's a way to gauge activity gamewide. Our server is high population though.

Vossler

Had a great two runs through AC with some guildies last night, had never done the Colossus Rumblus one before. Slowly inching my way towards the greatsword, after having obtained my bow. Also, anybody know when they are going to fix the AC bow skin? I've noticed sometimes that it works, and other times it doesn't. Wasn't this supposed to be remedied already?

MajorPain

Ordered the game last night off of ebay. Hopefully will have game by next week.

How are NA Gaf servers? Are there still plenty of people in the beginning areas? What is the best toon for ranged dps?

How are NA Gaf servers? Are there still plenty of people in the beginning areas? What is the best toon for ranged dps?

A few packed NA servers, but you can usually go where you want to.

Beginning areas are usually pretty crowded, up until about 30 you'll be fine, after that it spreads out and then once you're closer to 80 (so I've heard) it gets a little crowded again.

As for Ranged, not really sure, don't go Guardian lol.

MajorPain

A few packed NA servers, but you can usually go where you want to.

Beginning areas are usually pretty crowded, up until about 30 you'll be fine, after that it spreads out and then once you're closer to 80 (so I've heard) it gets a little crowded again.

As for Ranged, not really sure, don't go Guardian lol.

Thanks!

Been thinking about giving this game a shot, how is the necro class late game. Pet classes tend to do poorly in these type of games and that's how I'd want to play.

FillerB

Been thinking about giving this game a shot, how is the necro class late game. Pet classes tend to do poorly in these type of games and that's how I'd want to play.

From what I've heard, so don't take my word on it as my Necromancer isn't that far along, the builds that focus on conditions are vastly superior than those that focus on the Minions as far as Necromancers are concerned. I have no idea what Rangers are like in the late game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

During a Gaf mobbing event on Sunday (Gaf members clear a zone together), I took my Necro to a zone where enemies were 5+ levels higher than me. While I could handle them, my Elite Flesh Golem summon was getting two-shotted and was basically worthless. After that I decided no more pets for me.

So it seems my concerns were well placed, that's unfortunate. I wish more time would be devoted to balancing pets, not just with this game but in general. I had the same problem trying to play a witch doctor in diablo 3. I just want to be a badass summoner

Ashodin

Any class can go ranged, really. It's just up to you how you want to do it and what class' skills you want to work with.

Taffer

So it seems my concerns were well placed, that's unfortunate. I wish more time would be devoted to balancing pets, not just with this game but in general. I had the same problem trying to play a witch doctor in diablo 3. I just want to be a badass summoner

I played from 1-80 as a pure summoner and enjoyed myself plenty. There's no single tanky pet until you get the Lv30 summon (who can now heal himself out of combat), but there's usually enough meat shield there for you to pummel mobs from the back.
The catch is the pets sometimes won't even notice you're in combat and will sit there while mobs attack you, which results in you kiting your own minions into range of enemies so you can explode them. It doesn't happen loads but its does happen and it is annoying enough that I re-specced once I hit 80 just so I wasn't relying on the minion AI to do damage.
As soon as a patch suggests minion AI is fixed I'll be straight back to summoning in PvE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Want to continue my trend of one dungeon run + my dailies while I'm still obsessed with Dishonored tonight.

Anybody down for Sorrow's Furnace at like 8PM EST? Consider it training for Friday's event. ;)

I'd actually like to try the bugged run, which theoretically should be very short, but just requires a lot of coordination (Mumble would be best). Any available mesmers are given first dibs if you're willing to be the solo kiter person.

Ashodin

Want to continue my trend of one dungeon run + my dailies while I'm still obsessed with Dishonored tonight.

Anybody down for Sorrow's Furnace at like 8PM EST? Consider it training for Friday's event. ;)

I'd actually like to try the bugged run, which theoretically should be very short, but just requires a lot of coordination (Mumble would be best). Any available mesmers are given first dibs if you're willing to be the solo kiter person.

Let's do it!

pyrandes

If you hold off till 8:30 edt (5:30 pdt), ill be game. I should be home and set to go by then.

darkwing

I'm thoroughly impressed by WM running with one of their commanders have been impressive, just waiting for the right moment to smash through an enemy formation is amazing

etiolate

Banned
Rolling with WM is fun. Zerg up with Bahanes late night if you can. He does some interesting stuff and he has some English speakers with him to help with communication.

Addendum: If I'm around for SE, I'll do it, but I'm not sure how long my car stuff will take.

darkwing

Rolling with WM is fun. Zerg up with Bahanes late night if you can. He does some interesting stuff and he has some English speakers with him to help with communication.

Addendum: If I'm around for SE, I'll do it, but I'm not sure how long my car stuff will take.

just ran with WM Jang Gun just now, this guy can be a great real life commander lol, we just took garrison at the right time while they were attacking our tower and it was suppose to be a diversion but somehow Blackgate damaged the garrison gate , turns out IOJ never repaired it lol so a quick change of plan, a few minutes later, we took the IOJ Garrison, amazing

BrettWeir

I LOVE when Bahanes is out. WM is damn good. Jang Gun is hit or miss......he does some pretty stupid things like repeatedly hitting an orb keep over and over again, letting supply camps go untouched. Gate goes down' wipe......come back, gate is at full...rinse, repeat.

Ashodin

Hey everyone.

We are looking into an additional reward system to add to bosses so that killing a single boss feels a lot more rewarding than it does right now. We are gathering data internally on it and will release information on it as it gets closer to being implemented.

Being stuck at the last boss and unable to finish the dungeon thus receiving now reward is a terrible feeling for any player, hardcore or casual. We are looking to remedy this.

Awwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Piecake

You know im down, hawkian!

etiolate

Banned
They need to improve treasure chest and boss loot drop table for the entire PVE game. I just get more blues from bosses and chests instead of something of a greater reward. It feels like chests, bosses and regular mobs have pretty much the same chance to drop rare items, but chests and bosses drop more amount of items. Events tend to give me better loot than bosses or chests do, because the chance at something valuable is increased by the amount of times it may happen.

What I think they might do is give bosses or dungeon chests a chance to have tokens in them, but the loot game needs more than that.

Piecake

They need to improve treasure chest and boss loot drop table for the entire PVE game. I just get more blues from bosses and chests instead of something of a greater reward. It feels like chests, bosses and regular mobs have pretty much the same chance to drop rare items, but chests and bosses drop more amount of items. Events tend to give me better loot than bosses or chests do, because the chance at something valuable is increased by the amount of times it may happen.

What I think they might do is give bosses or dungeon chests a chance to have tokens in them, but the loot game needs more than that.

They just need to make the loot more interesting. like dyes or mats or fine mats or rares or a personal asura butler to cater to your every whim. Getting blues is just boring, and getting rares is also a bit boring because rares are only useful to either sell or salvage

Id like to see a exotic drop rate increase and the stuff above

leng jai

I don't think I've ever got an exotic drop after 250 hours. Usually the most exciting thing to get is a dye.

So when is this SE run happening today?

etiolate

Banned
I've never had an exotic drop either.

I think another problem is that rares aren't as interesting as they were maybe meant to be. They're good for leveling, but their worth has dropped over time. Maybe 1silver for most leveling rares, and then 20s tops for 80s. But even the level 80 rares drp in price as Ectos drop in price, due to them being the main source of ectos.

What there needs to be less of is tonics. So frustrating to see yellow text pop up in loot and then realize its just a tonic. Many of the sigils are dead weight as well.

Kingbrave

Are exotics the orange ones? I just had my first orange drop and sold it for almost 2 gold. Not much but hey!

I hit 77 and had to take a break...

jersoc

I LOVE when Bahanes is out. WM is damn good. Jang Gun is hit or miss......he does some pretty stupid things like repeatedly hitting an orb keep over and over again, letting supply camps go untouched. Gate goes down' wipe......come back, gate is at full...rinse, repeat.

wvw with jang yesterday afternoon in blackgate. dude was completely useless.

Some more screens in case anyone cares for that sort of thing:

Screenshot32592.png

Screenshot98931.png

Screenshot134036.png

Screenshot39234.png

Screenshot31294.png

Screenshot25477.png

where is that, i never been that place O_O
It's Queensdale. Before you get your hopes up, I'm playing with a tweaked version of SweetFX that makes the colors look like that. (It doesn't look like that normally.) You can find the settings I used on one of the previous pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom